Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: To the HG staff: stop hiding threads
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 7  Next Page »
posted 09-24-05 04:52 PM EDT (US)   
...it is only at your disadvantage.

Why?

1. It doesn't make you look good. Hiding threads makes people assume there's something really going on behind the curtains, and is a breeding ground for more discussion.
  2. The issues I'm talking about have already been spread all across HG via email. Many people know about it, and they want answers. You have the answers, but you refuse to give them.
  3. What is a country? A gathering of people. What is a gaming community? A gathering of people. What is a government? People in power with the support of a crowd who demands public discussions. What are you? You know the answer. Don't try to hide things for us because of our, or your, own good. Without us, the people, you would be nothing. You should respect us by telling us what's going on - from your point of view.
  4. If the conflict isn't solved, it'll not be buried 6 ft under and forgotten. It will remain as a bitter tang and reduce the respect of you, the staff. Everytime we'll have a discussion about HG's financial status, this episode will be pointed out.

Please note that I am not coming down on any side. I want this conflict brought up and solved. Here, out in public. Frankly, I don't give a crap if you make a monthly 'profit' of $100.000, as long as you offer me the community I want. If things as freedom of speech are ignored, this is not the community I want.

Go ahead and close this thread if you like, any of you. Closing I can stand. But not hiding or deleting. If there's one thing I don't tolerate, it's intolerance. I will never respect any of you if you don't have the guts to stand up and take responsibility for your words and actions.

-Oliver, concerned HG member

Replies:
posted 09-24-05 04:55 PM EDT (US)     1 / 168  
I give this three minuetes and around 6 replies...

If im wrong, horay for Oliver!

Sorry for the sarcasm. But i agree with you on this.

Ninja Beagle
"My weenie is beautiful." - Doikie
"Is it just me, or does beagle need neutering?" - Yakcamkir
posted 09-24-05 05:02 PM EDT (US)     2 / 168  
I don't see the problem.
posted 09-24-05 05:02 PM EDT (US)     3 / 168  
I'll give this an extra post, then.

I fully agree with whats been said in this thread - good on you, Oliver.

house won this
posted 09-24-05 05:04 PM EDT (US)     4 / 168  
This thread will be closed very soon.

/// (¬, (¯\ (¯¹ ¯)¯ (¯) )¬,
\\\ ==============
/// AoKH Forumer

posted 09-24-05 05:06 PM EDT (US)     5 / 168  
Just one more reply and my prophecy will be forefilled.

Ninja Beagle
posted 09-24-05 05:09 PM EDT (US)     6 / 168  
Well, since its gonna be closed anyway...

Boom! Prophecy complete. That'll be £10 please.

house won this
posted 09-24-05 05:09 PM EDT (US)     7 / 168  
Like I said: I'm fine with closing. No replies. Sure. But this should remain visible. Everyone has the right to watch it.
posted 09-24-05 05:11 PM EDT (US)     8 / 168  
GO OLIVER! WOOT! WOOT! Everyone to the link in my sig!

*Is still lurking here* (Actually, no.)

[This message has been edited by Openfire (edited 09-24-2005 @ 05:12 PM).]

posted 09-24-05 05:12 PM EDT (US)     9 / 168  
I have the letter on my Hard Drive, and yes, HG FOR GODS SAKE STOP HIDING THE THREADS WHICH MAY IN SOME WAY DISCREDIT HG. If anyone requests the letter I will gladly post it.

The RoL forum colors make me sooo hungry.
-Unit Costs for 5-Philbo1-Explorer Micro-
B_E looks like a demented evil smiley.-Botolf

Stonewall Pwns
posted 09-24-05 05:12 PM EDT (US)     10 / 168  
I just wish my goodbye thread wasn't hidden, it didn't include any HG bash from my side =\.

I didn't see any replies from this morning, so I dunno what people did.

posted 09-24-05 05:13 PM EDT (US)     11 / 168  
Woo hoo! although most threads are closed around the 9+ mark you still ahve done well young padawan.

And Elpea, Loads of people expressed there feeling and said it was a bitch that your leaving.

Ninja Beagle

[This message has been edited by British_Eagle (edited 09-24-2005 @ 05:16 PM).]

posted 09-24-05 05:16 PM EDT (US)     12 / 168  
Someone email me all relevant threads, please.
posted 09-24-05 05:17 PM EDT (US)     13 / 168  
*Shrug*

How's this guys: rather than saying "this thread is gonna be closed", as it probably will be, try telling us what you want. Other than the higher-ups to stop hiding threads, of course.

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
posted 09-24-05 05:19 PM EDT (US)     14 / 168  
Listen here, HG. People in this thread are actually assuming you are going to close and hide this thread. Does that make you look good? No, it doesn't. It'll make things even worse.

EDIT - Doitzel, I want a public discussion. That's all. Nothing more. Nothing less.

[This message has been edited by Oliver (edited 09-24-2005 @ 05:19 PM).]

posted 09-24-05 05:21 PM EDT (US)     15 / 168  
OK - I hope this dosen't get closed. I'll be glad every second it's here.

The thing I want to gainf from this thread is for the high people to actually read it, and take in Olivers views, as they are my views and the views of nearly everyone else hee as well.

house won this
posted 09-24-05 05:22 PM EDT (US)     16 / 168  
I completely agree!

AND FOR GODS SAKE, QUIT IGNORING MY EMAILS HG STAFF!

Damnit, some of the mods here just abuse their powers... They should have the seraphs and leave it at that - And at LEAST give the Colonists (agers) power to close their own threads, and MINOR powers like that!

You're too overprotective of you're preacious forums. It'd be WORTH IT to spam this forums and smurf, and break the code of conduct just to see the proof of this case. Basically, mods, its pathetic.

I disagree with this been closed too - Infact, if I was a mod i'd make sure this was pinned for everyone to see.

Ok, i've said whats been in my mind for ages, so go ahead and do whatever you want.

Thanks, Oliver, for giving me an excuse to get that out of my head. I appreciate everything you said.

[This message has been edited by Titan (edited 09-24-2005 @ 05:27 PM).]

posted 09-24-05 05:23 PM EDT (US)     17 / 168  
posted 09-24-05 05:24 PM EDT (US)     18 / 168  

Quote:

Uh?

What? lol

posted 09-24-05 05:32 PM EDT (US)     19 / 168  

Quote:

EDIT - Doitzel, I want a public discussion. That's all. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Well, even I'll say that this is a bit of an odd time. All the Halos and I think all but one FMT member are out of town for the weekend, in addition to several other staff members.

However, I am open to suggestions that I'd be willing to consider. I have no position of power, but I can at least present them to the other staff.

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
posted 09-24-05 05:34 PM EDT (US)     20 / 168  
Keep your personal grudge matches out of this, Titan, please.

Oliver has a very good point here, and there's a definite PR issue with HG looking even worse by using a 'hide the evidence' mentality.

posted 09-24-05 05:37 PM EDT (US)     21 / 168  
That's true. Now this thread will probably be hidden.

\\\ ==============
/// AoKH Forumer

posted 09-24-05 05:37 PM EDT (US)     22 / 168  
It would be nice if the FMT GillB could get a sense of humour, for one thing. Not that I'm complaining about something, god forbid I violate the Almighty CoC, but they do seem a little strict by times.

*is banned*

I'm Your Daddy
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.
Can't believe on back on this damned site again.
posted 09-24-05 05:38 PM EDT (US)     23 / 168  
I think I'm missing something here... :s

Join the Citadel: Total War mod. A modification for Rome: Total War.
Citadel: Total War
Saranalos and Custer's game
I love my bowler hat!
posted 09-24-05 05:39 PM EDT (US)     24 / 168  
Yeah. You are. You had to be here this morning to really know what's going on.

\\\ ==============
/// AoKH Forumer

posted 09-24-05 05:40 PM EDT (US)     25 / 168  
What went on? I was in London this morning.

[This message has been edited by EaZy (edited 09-24-2005 @ 05:41 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 7  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » The Saloon (Off Topic) » To the HG staff: stop hiding threads
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames