The Saloon (Off Topic)
Moderated by Maffia, Elpea, LordKivlov

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Slipknot Gone Emo
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 10-22-05 11:03 AM EDT (US)   
Slipknot has gone emo, their new song "The End" explains it.
Replies:
posted 10-22-05 11:05 AM EDT (US)     1 / 30  
What the hell is emo?

~Ãû$tïñ Powrs~
INTERNATIONAL MAN OF MYSTERY
Coolness:
Smartness:
Sexyness:
posted 10-22-05 11:27 AM EDT (US)     2 / 30  
It's kind of like punk, only manic-depressive.

The convoluted wording of legalisms grew up around the necessity to hide from ourselves the violence we intend toward each other. Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. You have done violence to him, consumed his energy. Elaborate euphemisms may conceal your intent to kill, but behind any use of power over another the ultimate assumption remains: "I feed on your energy."
-Frank Herbert, Dune
posted 10-22-05 11:50 AM EDT (US)     3 / 30  
AKA: Energetic Goth

Parrothead Sines- Loveable Asshole
    Music ||Food || Womens
    jjohn is better than Elpea,and the Fonz put together - BK 101
    You're lucky I love you - Elpea
posted 10-22-05 08:15 PM EDT (US)     4 / 30  
Gah, Emo is a style where you are Emotional. This doesn't mean your like always sad, it just means sensitive and etc. A lot of people stereotype emos as people who cut their wrists, which is not every emo. I am emo...And if they are going Emo, then woot! A lot of emos wear tight (girl) pants and have band tee's. Some can wear eye liner, but I don't. I wear girl pants though.

Also, emo is a style of music that is known as punk with a heart. A lot of emos are also SXE (straight-edge) which means no sex (premarrital), drugs or alchohol.

Edit: Also, by emotional, it means every emotion whether happy or sad. It's just a style that isn't afraid to express themselves.

::Ando Commando::
::Pimp Subordinate of 2005::
::I can't live without her::
::Even though she broke my heart::

[This message has been edited by Ando Commando (edited 10-22-2005 @ 08:18 PM).]

posted 10-22-05 10:12 PM EDT (US)     5 / 30  

Quote:

Gah, Emo is a style where you are Emotional.

That is also known as being a woman.

Quote:

This doesn't mean your like always sad, it just means sensitive and etc.

*Cough*

Quote:

A lot of emos wear tight (girl) pants

*COUGH*

Quote:

and have band tee's.

Not ones with pictures of the men, I hope.

Quote:

Some can wear eye liner, but I don't. I wear girl pants though.

*cough*

Quote:

Also, emo is a style of music that is known as punk with a heart.

RRRRRRRRiiiiiggggghhhhtttttttt.

Quote:

Edit: Also, by emotional, it means every emotion whether happy or sad. It's just a style that isn't afraid to express themselves.

Redundancy2

Quote:

A lot of people stereotype emos as people who cut their wrists, which is not every emo. I am emo...And if they are going Emo, then woot!

No, I only stereotype Goths. And gays. And Frenchmen. And Canadians. And Asians. And Englishmen. And Mexicans. And rappers, be they white, or black. And people from Texas. And people on an online forum.

Quote:

A lot of emos are also SXE (straight-edge) which means no sex (premarrital), drugs or alchohol.

What a bunch of losers.

PS - Based on your post, I would like post a question, then a statement:

Shall I assume you enjoy watching televsion shows like Gay Plan For The Straight Man, Ellen DeGenres, and movies like Maid in Manhattan, or possibly The Sisterhood of the traveling Pant?

Honestly, I have decided that the sissy-assed "punk-rockers" that buy pre ripped jeans must be at least ten times more masculine than Emo-ic peoples. Just think about it, bitching about your feelings, what does that make you think of?

Music ||Food || Womens
posted 10-22-05 10:58 PM EDT (US)     6 / 30  

Quote:

Shall I assume you enjoy watching televsion shows like Gay Plan For The Straight Man, Ellen DeGenres, and movies like Maid in Manhattan, or possibly The Sisterhood of the traveling Pant?

Um...No. If you think I'm gay, then I have news for you. I'm totally straight, I have a girlfriend (kinda, she lives 2 hours away, and so I only get to see her sometimes).

Quote:

Not ones with pictures of the men, I hope.

No. Band tees like the ones with just symbolic pictures on them.

Quote:

What a bunch of losers.

So wait, not doing drugs and not having sex or drinking alchohol makes you a loser? First off, condoms don't work half the time and they DO NOT protect you from STDs. I took a course and STDs can be transfered from skin to skin (herpes for example). Drugs are an excuse for a lack on integrity. Then alchohol is just wasting precious time when you can out having fun with your friends, you don't need it to have a good time.

Quote:

That is also known as being a woman.

Who the hell said guys have to be emotionless? Seriously, you feel a lot better if you get your emotions out there. You feel less stressed, and stress causes baldness. See, the thing is, some people need to talk about their problems, some people don't. Sometimes emotions can be a problem, so it's good to talk about it.

Quote:

Honestly, I have decided that the sissy-assed "punk-rockers" that buy pre ripped jeans must be at least ten times more masculine than Emo-ic peoples. Just think about it, bitching about your feelings, what does that make you think of?

It's funny because Punk 'bitches' a lot more. Punk like Greenday is always complaining about politics, Simple Plan is always telling people to shut up and to get out of their lives. Emo is more like, kind and not so angst and "screw you" attitude. It's more uplifting and nice to listen to.

I'm sorry to say this, but us guys in chick pants get a lot more girls than you people. Ask a lot of girls, some may say they don't like it on some guys, but they will say they like it on at least one guy. Like this one girl, she was trying to convince me not to buy my first pair, when I came out of the dressing room, she was like: Okay, you can make them work. Get them.

Seriously.

posted 10-22-05 11:14 PM EDT (US)     7 / 30  
I envy you because you're not afraid to cry, and you let the world know by giving yourself a lame label along the lines of 'Emotional', but shorter and cooler.

posted 10-23-05 00:45 AM EDT (US)     8 / 30  
An entire subculture of people (usually angsty teens) with a fake personality. The concept of Emo is actually a vicious cycle that never ends, to the utter failing of humanity, and it goes something like this:

1. Girls say they like "sensitive guys" (lie)
2. Guy finds out, so he listens to faggy emo music and dresses like a dork so chicks will see that he is sensitive and not afraid to express himself (lie). He dyes his hair black, wraps himself in a stupid looking scarf, develops an eating disorder, and rants about how "nobody understands".
3. Now an emo guy, he meets Emo chick and they start dating, talking about how their well-off suburban lifestyles are terrible and depressing (lie)
4. Emo guy is just too much of a pussy. His penis is too small, he's too depressed to bathe, and has more mood swings than emo chick, and he doesn't even have a menstrual cycle. Emo chick dumps him, saying "It's not you, it's me." (lie) as she drives off with Wayne, the school jock and captain of the football team.
5. Emo guy goes home and cries, proceeds to write a weak song and strum a single string on his acoustic guitar. Another emo chick sees how he is so in touch with his feelings, and the cycle continues.

This is the sad truth of the emo lifestyle/music, and now that I look at how pathetic it really is, maybe the emos DO have something to cry about!
When she sees how sensitive and emo I have become, she'll definately go out with me!

Thankyou urbandictionary.com.

    
posted 10-23-05 01:20 AM EDT (US)     9 / 30  
*finds some Maddox*

Aha. Ahem.

Quoted from Maddox:

It's the year 2004 and nobody knows what's cool anymore! Drift aimlessly from one social trend to the next as you eventually find yourself converging to the ultra-hip world of box-framed glasses and studded belts known as "EMO." You have dyed-black hair that is engineered to look messy, but it's not spikey enough to be punk. You wear a skin-tight v-neck argyle sweater and black converse shoes--an amalgamation of old and new. You are a walking paradox. You are EMO.

You're not bound by the confines of traditional denominational religions, yet you're not confident enough to have an independent thought in that thick, vacuous skull of yours, so you dabble in trendy philosophies like Kabbalah and tribal mysticism. The game ends when you stop sucking manufactured cool from MTV's teat long enough to realize what a dumb son of a ***** you're being

posted 10-23-05 01:24 AM EDT (US)     10 / 30  
I'm getting into Slipknot right now actually.

Duality > j00

< Jarrod Nelson>
Nelson looks good in his pics - Gaurdian_112
Wow, Nelson's awfully cute... - HP Lovesauce
Thanks for ruining something that I've waited over 6 years for. - Redneck93
It might be a bit of an odd moment to say so, but I still think Nelson's smile is awesome. - Hnossa
THIS SIGNATURE IS A TESTAMENT TO MY VANITY
posted 10-23-05 02:23 AM EDT (US)     11 / 30  
Wait, wait, wait! A male Jimmy Buffett fan is accusing someone of being gay?!

[This message has been edited by Theias (edited 10-23-2005 @ 02:24 AM).]

posted 10-23-05 04:01 AM EDT (US)     12 / 30  
Nobody understands

*slits wrists*

As for Slipknot, well personally I always thought they were a bit crap. Going emo only...uh..."intensifies" their crapness.

[This message has been edited by Mr Muppet (edited 10-23-2005 @ 04:03 AM).]

posted 10-23-05 05:04 AM EDT (US)     13 / 30  
Wow, most of you people are completely ignorant on what 'Emo' really is.

Kudos to Ando Commando for actually knowing what the hell he's talking about.

Well, excluding the condoms comment. 90% of the time, a condoms failure is actually a failure on the person using it (using 2 at once is NOT a good idea, contrary to popular belief, and apperantly a lot of people put on condoms the wrong way).

VergiL
The Fora Augusta
"Hey bastards, knock knock" - Sarge
"Ha, piss on that, I'm bringing a ma-cha-te!" - Putman, Club Dread

[This message has been edited by Vergil (edited 10-23-2005 @ 05:06 AM).]

posted 10-23-05 07:11 AM EDT (US)     14 / 30  

Quote:

It's funny because Punk 'bitches' a lot more. Punk like Greenday is always complaining about politics, Simple Plan is always telling people to shut up and to get out of their lives.

Wait, did you just call Green Day and Simple Plan punk?
Green Day have turned into your average pop band, and Simple Plan..the less said the better. Neither of them are punk, and Simple Plan never have been.

A coward you are Withnail, an expert on bulls you are not
posted 10-23-05 07:19 AM EDT (US)     15 / 30  

Quote:

Um...No. If you think I'm gay, then I have news for you. I'm totally straight, I have a girlfriend (kinda, she lives 2 hours away, and so I only get to see her sometimes).

I love when people do this. It's like everyone freaks out and has to prove their heterosexuality every time someone even hints at the possibility of them being gay.

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
posted 10-23-05 07:36 AM EDT (US)     16 / 30  
And they're the one's who'll end up loving anal the most. Me, I just bag the shit out of Doikie cause it's more fun than the the usual on this forum - calling everyone but Mete a dumbass.

Silk
Spore | Whisper | Girl Genius
Alvays remember: any plan where hyu lose hyu hat iz a BAD PLAN.
OMGWTFBBQ
posted 10-23-05 07:50 AM EDT (US)     17 / 30  
Some emo stuff;

Emokids
http://irc-galleria.net/view.php?nick=ajantappaja
http://irc-galleria.net/view.php?nick=fatigue
http://irc-galleria.net/view.php?nick=killpretty

Emobands;
Placebo
The Smiths

Stuff.

Green Day and Simple Plan punk? Wake up guys, PUNK is dead. There may be this stupid neopunk crap going on, but real punk is buried. The Clash was a great punk band, Sex Pistol was average, Ramones was also average...Those are the most well known punk bands.

Anyway, Slipknot has always been total crap (although some of their choruses are quite cool) but they're fun to watch. I've seen 'em two times, and I just love the mass-jump-thing.

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
posted 10-23-05 09:03 AM EDT (US)     18 / 30  
Is Death Cab considered emo?
posted 10-23-05 10:19 AM EDT (US)     19 / 30  
Oh yeah, Neopunk stuff or the pop punk stuff is totally angst half the time.

posted 10-23-05 12:18 PM EDT (US)     20 / 30  
Angst...Linkin Park and the rest of neo-nu-metal-bands. At least RATM had some potential.

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
posted 10-23-05 01:57 PM EDT (US)     21 / 30  
A bad band playing bad music. So what?

posted 10-23-05 04:25 PM EDT (US)     22 / 30  
RATM ruled. Too bad the bassist screwed it up. I find it weird that the Zach de la Rocha was going to have some big solo career, and I don't think he's released an album.
posted 10-23-05 08:33 PM EDT (US)     23 / 30  

Quote:

1.) Pics or it never happened.
2.) 2 hours, that is hardly a relationship.
3.) Fag.

Quote:

No. Band tees like the ones with just symbolic pictures on them.

Like this?

Quote:

So wait, not doing drugs and not having sex or drinking alchohol makes you a loser?

Didn't I just say that? Actually, never drinking is pretty loserlike, same goes with sex, drugs I don't care for at all.

Quote:

First off, condoms don't work half the time and they DO NOT protect you from STDs.

Mkay.

WRONG!

Quote:

I took a course and STDs can be transfered from skin to skin (herpes for example).

That's nice, but if I'm gunna bump uglies, I think I would notice herpes.

Quote:

Drugs are an excuse for a lack on integrity.

Says the biased hypocrite.

Quote:

Then alchohol is just wasting precious time when you can out having fun with your friends, you don't need it to have a good time.

Or, you could doulbe your fun by drinking with your friends while out having fun.

Quote:

Who the hell said guys have to be emotionless?

Nobody, but our severe lack of estrogen prevents such emotions, thank God.

Quote:

Seriously, you feel a lot better if you get your emotions out there.

Who the hell said I feel, or that I feel bad?

Quote:

You feel less stressed, and stress causes baldness.

So does waxing your head. And so does shaving your head, which is more common.

Quote:

See, the thing is, some people need to talk about their problems, some people don't.

Yes, I understand completely, woman need to talk about their feelings, and men need to find a way to keep themselves amused while acting like they are listening.

Quote:

Sometimes emotions can be a problem, so it's good to talk about it.

Whorish lies.

Quote:

It's funny because Punk 'bitches' a lot more.

Modern punk bitches quite a bit, but not to the level of the Emos(Which I thought was a bird for the longest time).

Quote:

Punk like Greenday is always complaining about politics, Simple Plan is always telling people to shut up and to get out of their lives.

Yeah, they are pussies too, what's new?

Quote:

Emo is more like, kind and not so angst and "screw you" attitude. It's more uplifting and nice to listen to.

I am sorry, but I don't understand anything in that quote.

Quote:

I'm sorry to say this, but us guys in chick pants get a lot more girls than you people.

Yes, ones that live 2 hours away. Or ugly ones.

Quote:

Ask a lot of girls, some may say they don't like it on some guys, but they will say they like it on at least one guy.

No thanks.

Quote:

Like this one girl, she was trying to convince me not to buy my first pair, when I came out of the dressing room, she was like: Okay, you can make them work.

She said that just to get you to wear them so that she could make fun of you behind your back.

Quote:

Get them.

How about no, with a side helping of I don't swing to that side.

Quote:

Seriously.

What the **** man? Honestly, leave me alone, I know what to and what not to buy, damnit!

One quick question, does your father hate/resent you?

Music ||Food || Womens
posted 10-23-05 09:37 PM EDT (US)     24 / 30  
Placebo = greatness
Placebo w/ David Bowie = greatness like whoa

The Clash = the best punk ever to be made
Iggy Pop = the 1st punk rocker and therefore one of the best

jjohn get over yourself. aren't you a buffet fan a man who wrote a song about "fruitcakes" and how we need more of them. i mean come on.

}------{}--YAKHAG--{}------{
I am the sword in the darkness, the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold,
the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.
I pledge my life and honor to the Nights Watch.
For this night and all nights to come.
posted 10-23-05 09:45 PM EDT (US)     25 / 30  

Quote:

jjohn get over yourself.

Physically impossible. Psychologically implausible.

Quote:

aren't you a buffet fan

Damn straight.

Quote:

a man who wrote a song about "fruitcakes" and how we need more of them.

Yes, he wrote that, but you obviously haven't heard the song if you think he is refering to fags. Well, that or you are more stupid than Jessica Simpson.

Quote:

i mean come on.

My desk? My rag? What do you want it on?

Just kidding. But seriously, what do you mean?

Music ||Food || Womens

[This message has been edited by Parrothead jjohn (edited 10-23-2005 @ 09:46 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » The Saloon (Off Topic) » Slipknot Gone Emo
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames