You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Saloon (Off Topic)
Moderated by Maffia, Elpea, LordKivlov

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: READ THIS THREAD NOW (or face a ban)
posted 12-05-05 05:43 PM EDT (US)   
If any of the moderators of this forum see any more X>Doitzel, in jest or not, the forumer in question will be banned for a week. Please remove the line from you signatures and cease posting it in your posts.

Also note that if you decide to spam in this thread you will be banned for a week.

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
Replies:
posted 12-05-05 05:52 PM EDT (US)     1 / 13  
Closing TMO was stupid and unjustified.

X>Doitzel

posted 12-05-05 06:00 PM EDT (US)     2 / 13  
Shrink, that was a bit rash.

Although I think that we should protest, typing X > Doitzel (Please don't ban me) Won't do much.

*Is still lurking here* (Actually, no.)

[This message has been edited by Openfire (edited 12-05-2005 @ 06:01 PM).]

posted 12-05-05 06:04 PM EDT (US)     3 / 13  
Shrink will now be banned.

We aren't kidding.

Correction: Shrink's been banned for about 10 minutes. - Adder

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing

[This message has been edited by Cheesewiz (edited 12-05-2005 @ 06:06 PM).]

posted 12-05-05 06:05 PM EDT (US)     4 / 13  
Well that's ****ing great, isn't it? Goodbye OD Risk.

[two edits were here]

EDIT3: Yeah, well screw you too.

sig

[This message has been edited by Bk 101 (edited 12-05-2005 @ 06:24 PM).]

posted 12-05-05 06:17 PM EDT (US)     5 / 13  
Bah!

Great, just great. We protest without spamming the daylight out of every thread running, then we get banned for it. [insert several angry smilies]

Ninja Beagle
"My weenie is beautiful." - Doikie
"Is it just me, or does beagle need neutering?" - Yakcamkir
posted 12-05-05 06:25 PM EDT (US)     6 / 13  
While i dont agree with the mods on the TMO issue, we have to accept their decision whatever it is otherwise the idea of a modded forum just wont work.
Perhaps if we just leave the mods alone to do there job rather than shouting them, they may be prepared to comprmise somehow.
In all fairness, Shrink posted what he did knowing he'd get a week ban.

This month I have mostly been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild
Steam - Maffia GFWL - Maffia01 YouTube - HGMaffia Twitter - @HGMaffia
Age of Empires 3 Heaven Seraph

What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.
[This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]
posted 12-05-05 06:26 PM EDT (US)     7 / 13  
Yay! More pointless rules!
posted 12-05-05 06:33 PM EDT (US)     8 / 13  
Actually, the reasoning behind the ban stems from harassment. Plus, people posting x>Doitzel in a random thread is just spam. Feel free to protest the week closing of TMO without harassing anybody.

bk, I meant that he'd been banned for 10 minutes.

And just FYI, Doitzel had nothing to do with this. Blame Sith and I.

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper

[This message has been edited by Adder (edited 12-05-2005 @ 06:33 PM).]

posted 12-05-05 06:42 PM EDT (US)     9 / 13  
I think that Addert is right. Pestering Doitzel does not solve the probelm. But then again it seems that that is the only thing that the mods are paying attention too. So it might be a two sided sword. If you want to complain about the mods though dont do something like "x>Doikie". Doitzel is in general a pretty good guy who is just doing his job. If you disaprove of how he is doing his job then IM him about it. I believe that he has his MSN and AIM addresses posted in his info.

,,_____________,
`/-|[=]________] Gladius Iuratus
,/__/o)Catch Me if You Can
/__/(o)*clickclick*(o)*bangbang*(o)
posted 12-05-05 07:01 PM EDT (US)     10 / 13  

Quote:

I think that Addert is right.

Whether he is or not doesn't matter when they're handing out week bans for saying "* > Doitzel". I got a week ban for pulling a Firefox. He gets a week ban for * > Doitzel.

I mean, maybe it's just me here, but I have a feeling they went waaay too far, long over the boundaries of acceptable moderation. Shrink hasn't even had a warning before, nevermind a ban. If you always used this level, I'd get permabanned for flaming after I hadn't been banned before.

sig
posted 12-05-05 07:06 PM EDT (US)     11 / 13  

Quote:

I mean, maybe it's just me here, but I have a feeling they went waaay too far, long over the boundaries of acceptable moderation.

Tough times call for tough measures. Having people spamming a forum with derogatory messages about a moderator is not good for the forum's image and sets a very bad trend.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
posted 12-05-05 07:09 PM EDT (US)     12 / 13  

Quote:

I mean, maybe it's just me here, but I have a feeling they went waaay too far, long over the boundaries of acceptable moderation. Shrink hasn't even had a warning before, nevermind a ban. If you always used this level, I'd get permabanned for flaming after I hadn't been banned before.

This is different though. Shrink had the conscious choice to post or not to post that. He knew he'd be banned.

Anyway, that's prolly enough for this thread. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email - adder@heavengames.com

Adder |
posted 12-05-05 11:29 PM EDT (US)     13 / 13  
I'd like to encourage you all to talk to me rather than just spamming worthless messages about me. That's not going to change my moderation, but if you honestly believe I am wrong and you discuss it with me it might. I am always open to suggestions and debates from the community. But I am also not going to show indecisiveness by wavering on decisions that I have already made. If I think I made I mistake, I will admit it. But as of yet I do not believe I've made one.

You're also blowing this quite a bit out of proportion. You don't have the thread for a week. If you weren't relying on it to spam you'd be able to survive without it and not protest childishly rather than taking the mature approach - the one we always encourage you to take - and talk to us. I have several people on my MSN list who were posting the "X>Doikie" (zomg don't ban me Adder) that did not bother to IM me and did not bother to e-mail me.

I'm not a baby-eating monster (like Adder) and I won't bite too often. If you want to complain about my moderation do so in a respectful manner, by contacting either me, the FMT, or one of my Seraphs. I think that was the reasoning behind this new rule - it's to stop a pointless fad from spreading and causing spam and to get you to express your distaste with whatever it is you think we did wrong the appropriate way.

Edit- Woops, this might be helpful for those afraid to click my profile button:

E-Mail: misterme33@gmail.com
MSN: misterme33@gmail.com
AIM: misterme33@gmail.com

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

[This message has been edited by Doitzel (edited 12-05-2005 @ 11:33 PM).]

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » The Saloon (Off Topic) » READ THIS THREAD NOW (or face a ban)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames