Please login or register

The Saloon (Off Topic)
Moderated by Maffia, Elpea, LordKivlov

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Smoke on the Water, Fire in the Sky
posted 09-27-07 07:56 PM EDT (US)   
1) Plug in either, guitar, bass, harmonica, violin, oboe, cowbell, any other instrument; or just hum or whistle: Smoke on the Water.
2) Record
3) Upload
4) Post

Show me what you got.

Here's mine, but keep in mind playing double stops is hard without a pick .

http://media.putfile.com/Smoke-on-the-Water-39

[This message has been edited by Filmdirector2 (edited 09-27-2007 @ 08:01 PM).]

Replies:
posted 09-27-07 08:02 PM EDT (US)     1 / 24  
Nan Nan Nan, Nen Nan Nen Nan, Nan Nan Nan, Nen Nahhhh.

Lolocausts are fun.
posted 09-27-07 10:06 PM EDT (US)     2 / 24  
Needs more cowbell!
posted 09-27-07 11:26 PM EDT (US)     3 / 24  
My guitar has decided to break. Grrr.
posted 10-07-07 06:40 PM EDT (US)     4 / 24  
I didn't feel like tuning my electric, so here's three versions with my classical!

Very, very sloppy versions, mind you.

regular version first, then version with major chords, then fingerpicked version.

also please ignore the obnoxious ringing sound. i haven't got around to fixing my mic settings.

yay

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
posted 10-07-07 10:02 PM EDT (US)     5 / 24  
YAARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG what the **** am I the only person on the planet that thinks these people that play smoke on the water are show offs that no nothing of music, I mean damn write your own music, stop covering this song over and over again you stupid deusche bags, fact I bet as you read this you don't know any other deep purple song, and don't mind posting a list of their songs seeing as this is the internet aka information highway,

Further more I bet this is the only level of music of which you can play you untalented dolt,so unplug your guitar you suck,and don't start writing your own music cause that will suck even more, now all of you who agree with me ok,and all of you who play smoke on the water GO MASTURBATE TO BEASTALITY!!!

(you know you want to....)

End of rant.

MADDOX IS THE GREATEST WRITER OF ALL TIME !!!!!!!!!
"Keep your breasts out of this" Me
Yes I'm a Republican-Conservative-Imperialist. And I think John Wayne could beat Arnold.
Also I support the MIAMI DOLPHINS. And the Brits on this game. (I'm an under dog)
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.
posted 10-07-07 10:17 PM EDT (US)     6 / 24  
Yep...

Definitely a Maddox reader.

I am herpes.

Pyro Icon
posted 10-07-07 10:33 PM EDT (US)     7 / 24  
Well I'd freely admit that I'm not extremely familiar with any other Deep Purple song (hell, I hardly know THIS one), and that I suck at guitar.

But merely mentioning that doesn't point out the obvious problems here, such as the fact that BaronAsh completely missed the point of the thread. And that no one plays the Smoke on the Water riff in order to show off, since no one shows off by playing something that everyone else who has ever touched a guitar can play.

But I agree with Zak in that there's a definite maddox influence apparent here. And that's not a good thing, since I don't think one could possibly attribute something positive to Maddox's style OR content.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
posted 10-07-07 11:38 PM EDT (US)     8 / 24  
what the **** am I the only person on the planet that thinks these people that play smoke on the water are show offs
Yes. It's the first guitar riff I learned. Not showing off much.
I mean damn write your own music
I do.
top covering this song over and over again you stupid deusche bags
Oh yes, I do it over and over again!
fact I bet as you read this you don't know any other deep purple song
I do. They are one of my favorite bands. I saw them live over the summer at Radio City Music Hall.
and don't mind posting a list of their songs seeing as this is the internet aka information highway,
What?
Further more I bet this is the only level of music of which you can play you untalented dol
No. I can play the riff in three different ways!
o unplug your guitar you suck
Don't worry, I've got acoustic too.
you suck
Well, I've been playing for ten months, so yeah.
and don't start writing your own music cause that will suck even more
Oh, I'm sure it will.
now all of you who agree with me ok,and all of you who play smoke on the water GO MASTURBATE TO BEASTALITY!!!
No thank you.

You, kind sir, are a complete ****ing idiot.
posted 10-08-07 00:36 AM EDT (US)     9 / 24  
YAARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG what the **** am I the only person on the planet that thinks these people that play smoke on the water are show offs that no nothing of music
The riff of Smoke on the Water is one of the easiest riffs of all time. How can that be showing off?
I saw them live over the summer at Radio City Music Hall.
I saw them two summers ago at Concord Pavilion...one of the best concerts of my life.
fact I bet as you read this you don't know any other deep purple song
More like I have over 25 DP songs on my computer. My favorite is Child in Time.

[This message has been edited by GoForGoldenJarls (edited 10-08-2007 @ 00:36 AM).]

posted 10-08-07 01:32 AM EDT (US)     10 / 24  
Let's get back on track, and talk about how awesome DP is.
posted 10-08-07 02:01 AM EDT (US)     11 / 24  

Lugged my cello to the computer. First in pizzicato, then powerchords stylin'. My crappy mic makes it sound more like distorted guitar though.

    
posted 10-08-07 02:11 AM EDT (US)     12 / 24  
That's it, I'm buying a freaking Cello.
posted 10-08-07 02:26 AM EDT (US)     13 / 24  
That was badass.

OT wins so far.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
posted 10-08-07 10:24 AM EDT (US)     14 / 24  
you stupid deusche bags
XD
Also, I might have a go later with my mandolin if I can be bothered.
posted 10-08-07 02:48 PM EDT (US)     15 / 24  
posted 10-08-07 03:10 PM EDT (US)     16 / 24  
Gah, BAD OLIVER. BAD. Electronic music=lose.

Seb's is cool. I like cello. FD2's is not bad also - much better than I could do on guitar

If I had a long enough extension to reach my piano I'd add my own. Maybe I'll get the guitar from upstairs later, though I pity your ears in that case.

6 minutes remaining.
posted 10-08-07 04:06 PM EDT (US)     17 / 24  
Nonsense. Electronic music pwns your washing machine. It's just that this forum of die-hard guitar rock fans cannot appreciate the beauty of my distorsion-filtered synths.
posted 10-08-07 05:40 PM EDT (US)     18 / 24  
That was definitely...different. Nothing wrong with a little change of pace though.

ESO: JarlNick

Want to talk OP? AOE3 Abus Guns at release were nightmares. But I knew how to take care of them! Beware my Culverins you artillery bastards! Oh wait...- MNBob

posted 10-09-07 12:18 PM EDT (US)     19 / 24  

Wow, I just listened to that and its seems to be sped up by about 3 times. Sounds even cooler that way tbh.
posted 10-09-07 01:03 PM EDT (US)     20 / 24  
OT and I will make this SA. Seriously.
posted 10-09-07 09:47 PM EDT (US)     21 / 24  
I'm seriously amazed Tindeck hasn't seen wider use for ages now.

    
posted 10-09-07 10:03 PM EDT (US)     22 / 24  
No kidding, it's pure love.
posted 10-15-07 07:39 AM EDT (US)     23 / 24  
Oliver that's immense. You like electro?
posted 10-15-07 09:02 AM EDT (US)     24 / 24  
Well, obviously. I'm mainly into heavy filtered house music like Daft Punk, Cassius, Justice, Digitalism, Simian Mobile Disco etc. but I can appreciate most kinds of electronica. Not German smurf techno, tho.

I just recently started to make my own electro, and so far so good, I think.

[This message has been edited by oliver (edited 03-10-2008 @ 04:17 PM).]

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » The Saloon (Off Topic) » Smoke on the Water, Fire in the Sky
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames