Please login or register

The Saloon (Off Topic)
Moderated by Maffia

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Transexuality
posted 08-01-08 02:54 PM EDT (US)   
Well I did a thread about homosexuality so...

Personally I think transexuality is rather misunderstood. People often see transexuals as freaks who for some odd reason decided they wanted to be the opposite sex.

It isn't like that at all. They all suffer from Gender Identity Disorder (they have to be diagnosed with this before surgery can be undertaken). Gender Identity Disorder is a terrible thing for those who suffer from it. It Basically means you feel like one gender when you're biologically the other (for a comparison, imagine one day waking up to find you've become a member of the opposite sex!)

I thought I'd bring this up, because as I said before, they are much misunderstood people. I too thought they were weird until I met (and became best friends with) a girl who suffers from Gender Identity Disorder (she is having surgery sometime in the future).

I don't really know were this topic's going to go, but I thought I'd throw it out there and see what happens.

Hands up mothersticker this is a f**k up. - Peter Kay
Homophobia is gay.
"But, alas, we still have to make sure things are ok for the average 13 year old. And the average 13 year old doesn't need to see jax pleasuring a ping-pong paddle." - Cheesewiz
Replies:
posted 08-01-08 03:17 PM EDT (US)     1 / 19  
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7529227.stm

This month I have mostly been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild
Steam - Maffia GFWL - Maffia01 YouTube - HGMaffia Twitter - @HGMaffia
Age of Empires 3 Heaven Seraph

What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.
[This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]
posted 08-02-08 01:12 AM EDT (US)     2 / 19  
(for a comparison, imagine one day waking up to find you've become a member of the opposite sex!
BOOBIES!

Yes, I am a shallow bastard.

Silk
Spore | Whisper | Girl Genius
Alvays remember: any plan where hyu lose hyu hat iz a BAD PLAN.
OMGWTFBBQ
posted 08-02-08 01:45 AM EDT (US)     3 / 19  
BOOBIES!
Bah, half of us probably have some sort of boobies anyway. It's the inie that isn't an outie that is interesting.
posted 08-02-08 03:24 AM EDT (US)     4 / 19  
I'm Tran-sexual myself.

[/meme]

"I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it"-unknown
posted 08-02-08 06:26 AM EDT (US)     5 / 19  
BOOBIES!
It's the inie that isn't an outie that is interesting.
Its nice to know you're all posting, deep, well thought out posts.

Homophobia is gay.
"But, alas, we still have to make sure things are ok for the average 13 year old. And the average 13 year old doesn't need to see jax pleasuring a ping-pong paddle." - Cheesewiz
posted 08-02-08 12:52 PM EDT (US)     6 / 19  
I don't dislike transsexuals. I mean, I've known one personally, but they are just people. If we can let people smoke them selves to death, why not let them get a sex changed too. F*ck smoking.

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
Michael Jackson is innocent!
I smell.
posted 08-02-08 05:45 PM EDT (US)     7 / 19  
People can smoke themselves to death all they like-it's their funeral. Just don't do around me. I can't stand the smell of tobacco smoke.

"I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it"-unknown
posted 08-02-08 05:53 PM EDT (US)     8 / 19  
If we can let people smoke them selves to death, why not let them get a sex changed too. F*ck smoking.
Smoking is a necessary freedom.
posted 08-02-08 08:53 PM EDT (US)     9 / 19  
imagine one day waking up to find you've become a member of the opposite sex!
I wouldn't leave the damned house, except to head to the nearist Ann Summers or Hot Ladies 'R' Us (Yoga class, flexability testing in extreamly tight outfits, humina-humina whatever they're calling it nowdays).

If you're behind on the times, I'm not dead anymore.

I blame council water.
posted 08-03-08 07:01 AM EDT (US)     10 / 19  
If we can let people smoke them selves to death, why not let them get a sex changed too.
You seem to be suggesting that getting a sex change is as bad as smoking, but people with Gender Identity Disorder can't help it, people who smoke can.

Homophobia is gay.
posted 08-03-08 12:44 PM EDT (US)     11 / 19  
I think the best part is, most people with gender identity disorder change sex so they can become gay (in other words, to keep having sex with the same people they were having sex with before). Aparently, wanting different genetelia isn't linked to sexuality.

Where be your gibes now? your gambols? your songs?
Your flashes of merriment, that were wont to set the table on a roar?
Not one now, to mock your own grinning?
posted 08-03-08 06:04 PM EDT (US)     12 / 19  
They don't have a sex change so they can become gay. They simply want to be a different gender due to the disorder. Their sexual preference is irrelavant.

Homophobia is gay.
posted 08-03-08 07:32 PM EDT (US)     13 / 19  
That's pretty much what he was saying, I think.

Or maybe not because let's face it half the time I don't know what I'm talking about.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

[This message has been edited by Meteora (edited 08-03-2008 @ 07:33 PM).]

posted 08-04-08 07:43 AM EDT (US)     14 / 19  
I love the smell of good tobacco smoke. Reminds me of Europe. I'd never take up smoking myself but I love the smell of passive smoke.

♥-0
posted 08-05-08 09:54 PM EDT (US)     15 / 19  
They don't have a sex change so they can become gay. They simply want to be a different gender due to the disorder. Their sexual preference is irrelavant.
They no longer fit into the limited classification we define based on sexuality, though I guess it could be called pansexuality. One of the things that strikes me about transexuality is oysters. What I mean by this is that oysters can change their gender during their lifetimes, but obviously humans cannot (naturally), thus we end up with people who feel they're in the wrong skin. And knowing you're different from everyone else, for reasons outside your control is one of the most painful things to admit and come to terms with. If you do finally understand it (i.e. yourself), you then have the daunting task of either dealing with it on your own, or reaching out to people. I remember when I fell in love with my best friend, and I finally after months of crying in my pillow, and stealing touches when I could, I told him, and his response just destroyed me. I took the risk, and it didn't work, and more people found out, and realised that I was different, and I bottled everything up, until I lashed out. I should have reached out, been strong, but the pain of knowing I was different stopped me. What I guess I'm trying to say is that these people who feel trapped, who feel alone, who feel confused, should be given the help and support they need. People worry obsessively about their image and they cry, rage, and hurt when normality is snatched fromt them.

I think that the people that judge and condem, that hurt, sometimes don't realise how painful there words are, and how deeply distressing their ostracising is.

My point probably isn't very clear, and sorry that this post is so all over the place, its 3am after all.

||||||||||||||||My Videos||||||||||||||||
Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD
posted 08-06-08 08:05 AM EDT (US)     16 / 19  
Lady men are hot.

house won this
posted 08-06-08 08:06 AM EDT (US)     17 / 19  
Penis and boobs? Whose with me?

house won this
posted 08-10-08 11:07 AM EDT (US)     18 / 19  
What about penis and moobs?

This month I have mostly been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild
Steam - Maffia GFWL - Maffia01 YouTube - HGMaffia Twitter - @HGMaffia
Age of Empires 3 Heaven Seraph

What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.
[This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]
posted 08-15-08 04:13 PM EDT (US)     19 / 19  
You mean "who's" jax not "whose" come on these pedantic spelling and grammar is HIGHLY IMPORTENT on the enternit
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » The Saloon (Off Topic) » Transexuality
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames