Please login or register

Future Robot, Bonfire, Windstorm, and NewToy Games Forum

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Native American Civ for Aom 2
posted 09-23-05 01:53 PM EDT (US)   
Native American Civilization for AOM2
Introduction: Originally I was going to make a civilization based of the Hopi, but then I realized it was possible to make a civilization for just about every Native American Tribe. This would be very confusing so I have shamelessly smashed a large amount of tribes into the group Native Americans. I hope I don’t offend any one who is or considers themselves a Native American. I did this because of my love for mythology.

Changes: (VERY important) There are a few changes I made to the Native American Civilization based on the rest.

1. They don’t have to mine gold. (Considering there was no gold to be mined in North America, except for Mexico, I think it would be strange for them to have to mine it)
2. The armory will instead of copper weapons, bronze weapons, and iron weapons (because these were very scarce in North America) the upgrades go as follows: Elm weapons, Birch weapons, and Oak weapons

The Native American Villagers are the Chopper, which gathers wood, and the Farmer, which gathers food. They also have in addition to the fishing boat a Whaling boat which gets much more food when they hunt the whales.

Units

There is a new type of unit that is introduced into the game: the Trickster. Tricksters are assigned to every main god and can steal resources. Every theft costs 50 favor so you can’t steal, run, get healed by a medicine man and then run again. Each Trickster levels up automatically in how much they can steal every time you advance.

Heroes: The Native American Hero is the Chieftain. It is like the Hersir in that it is a advanced unit, infantry for the Hersir but archer in case of the Chieftain. Also like the random name generator for the Hersir, ex. Drallun Rocksmasher, the Native American heroes have random names, ex. Sneaky Crowfoot.

Stealth meter: Because Native Americans rely on guerrilla warfare, most of their units have a stealth meter. A stealth meter is like a special attack meter, except when it charges all the way up, the unit becomes invisible. The meter starts over again when the unit attacks.

War Lodge: This is your infantry lodge. (All units have stealth meter)

Clubmen: Warrior carrying a club and shield (high pierce armor)

Stalkers: Spearmen using two-handed spears

Wolf Stalkers: Elite Stalkers that wear a wolf skin and have a faster stealth meter charge

Assassin: A knife wielding unit that is average in combat, a faster stealth meter, and a very, very slow to recharge special attack that instantly kills a unit.

Hunting Lodge: This is your archer lodge (all have stealth meter)

Throwing Spearmen: Javelin throwing archers, good against cavalry

Hunters: Longbow carrying archers

Hawk Hunters: Elite Hunters that have a faster recharging stealth meter.

Chieftains: Native American Hero Archers

Riding Lodge: your cavalry lodge (no stealth meter) (not available until heroic age)

Lancers: Fast lance-wielding cavalry

Tomahawk Throwers: Mounted cavalry archer that is good against other cavalry.

Short-bowmen: Mounted cavalry archers good against other archers

Siege lodge: This is your siege lodge

Throwing clubmen: Distance siege units

Mantlet: Giant shield with 99 pierce armor that’s good against buildings.

Dock
Archer ship: Arrow ship with Native Americans that fire several arrows at once

Spear Canoe: Melee ship that has several spear wielders in it

Harpoon ship: Siege ship that throws harpoons

Support Lodge: last but not least, some strange characters to soup up your units

Medicine Man: Healer

Shamans: Raise HP

War Drummers: Raise attack

Flutists: Raise defense

Gods (From Apache to Zuni)

A note about favor: Favor is generated by how good of an economy you have

Main Gods

Glooskap: Sometimes known as Glooskap the Great he is a trickster and the god of Nature and Ecology.
Tricksters: (Because he is a trickster he gets three) Veeho, a skinny man, Rabbit boy, a wily rabbit, and Kokopelli, a hunched back flute player.
God power: Smokescreen- creates a haze (is the opposite of vision) so your enemies can’t see a part of the map, but you can.
Bonuses
-Gets three tricksters
-Tricksters steal 50% more
-Farmers grow faster

Malsumis: Glooskap’s brother that is the god of Evil.
Tricksters: Iktomi, the real spider man, and Raven
God Power: Hornets- sends a swarm of hornets that repeatedly sting a group of enemies until they die
Bonuses
-Heroes train faster
-The myth unit of the god you picked is instantly assigned to your temple
-Increases attack of assassins

Tabaldak: Creator God and Father of Glooskap and Malsumis.
Tricksters: Coyote, the supreme trickster and Badger, Coyote’s lackey.
God Power: Earth Mound- Creates a hill protected by three Mountain Ogres. (Like the Dryad tree power in Titans)
Bonuses
-Infantry, cavalry, and archers train quicker
-Faster Favor increase
-Walls and buildings are stronger

Classical Gods

Ahayuta: God of War (Malsumis, Tabaldak)
MU: Jogan- type of nature spirit. They attack with long sharp claws
God Power: Blood Frenzy (Increases all warriors attacks)
Tech: Scalpers (increases attack of stalkers) and Forest Defenders (Which makes the Jogan have more attack)

Ocasta: God of Knowledge and Patron of Medicine men (Glooskap, Tabaldak)
MU: Kachinas- Spirits that can posses enemy units, but die when the possesed unit dies
God Power: Harvest (Choppers and Farmers gather food twice as fast)
Tech: Spoken Word (lets Medicine Men heal more than one person at a time) and Healing Salve (lets Medicine men heal faster)

Skili: Goddess of night (Malsumis, Glooskap)
GP: Gale (Fierce wind blows enemies away)
MU: Owl Witch (a fast unit that can glide for a small amount of time)
Techs: Great Barn Owls (Upgrades Owl withes to Barn Owl Witches)

Heroic Gods

Massaw: Trickster god of Death (Glooskap)
GP: Raise Dead (Resurrects lost soldiers)
MU: Skeleton (A Warrior that was not properly honored come back from the grave. They attack using a whip made of darkness)
Tech: Unholy Wind (Skeletons are upgraded to Unholy Skeletons) and Last Harvest (Choppers and Farmers work harder knowing this harvest may be their last)

Moar: Goddess of the Moon (Tabaldak, Malsumis)
God Power: Full moon (Opposite of Eclipse, Heroes are stronger)
MU: Star Maidens (Flying MUs that fire beams of concentrated moonlight at enemies)
Techs: Light of the Night (Upgrades your Star Maidens to Starlit Maidens) and Moondust Weapons (Upgrade your cavalry’s attack)

Pamit: Goddess of the Sea (Glooskap, Malsumis, Talbaldak)
GP: Healing Rain (name says it all)
MU: Owantayhee, (Mammoth type water monster that smashes a ship for its special attack) Water Panther (A vicious under-water panther that drags ships down as their special attack) and Dajoiji (a panther that has a special attack against flying units where it jumps up and brings them down to the ground) (instant kill)
Techs: Cowardly Sun (upgrades your Dajoiji into Solar Dajoiji), Fishing Gear (upgrades your whaling and fishing ships) and tamed waters (upgrades attack, HPs, and Defense of all your naval units)

Mythic Gods

Enumclaw: Trouble making Lightning God, Brother of Kapoonis (Glooskap, Malsumis)
GP: Chain Lightning (A lightning bolt kills several units like the Son of Osiris’ attack.
MU: Lightning Bison (A Bison with a special attack that gores an enemy with lightning charges horns, also good against buildings)
Techs: Spirit of the Storm (Upgrades archers’ hack armor)

Kapoonis: Trouble making Thunder god, Brother of Enumclaw (Glooskap, Malsumis)
GP: Thunderclap (A great bellow that stuns enemy units)
MU: Thunderbird (The Legendary equivalent of the Phoenix, except born of lightning and thunder. Attacks like the Phoenix, but shoots lightning instead of fire)
Techs: Eternity (Upgrades your Thunderbirds to Eternal Thunderbirds with a special attack that kills another flying unit)

Bokus: Insane Forest God (Tabaldak)
GP: Enchanted Wood (Create a wood that lures enemy soldiers into it never to be seen again….)
MUs: Mekala (Very fast Spirit that excels against villagers)
Qiqirn (Hairless dog spirit that goes into a thrashing fit and damages units all around it for its special attack)
White Buffalo Woman (A bison support spirit that lowers the attack of enemies)
Ankhlut (A unit that transforms into a giant killer whale in the water and a giant wolf on land)
Tech: Animal Allies (All of the animals on the map give you a LOS)

Miscellaneous

Titan: Wendigo (A giant monster made out of Mud and Ice)

Wonders

Glooskap: A Totem Pole

Malsumis: A Kiva

Tabaldak: The Serpent Mound

http://www.scienceblog.com/community/older/2003/B/20036368.html(Just in case you don't believe there's such a thing as a serpent mound)

Well that's my civilization. Comments? critiques? Praise? Ridicule? Just tell me what you think.

Pardon me if this sucks, I was a noob when I wrote it and I'm too lazy to fix it now.

[This message has been edited by Yamato Take (edited 12-22-2005 @ 04:38 PM).]

Replies:
posted 09-23-05 02:19 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9  
This is the Age of Empires III forum.
posted 09-23-05 02:24 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9  
I thought perhaps he was mocking the percieved simplicity of AoE3 as compared to AoC.

///scipio_africanus\\\
"Scipio rules. Nelson sucks." - Jax
"I have a shrine to Scipio in my closet."- Doitzel
"posting a link with no sort of comment or explanation is not something we readily condone in OD." - GillB
The Gamers' Manifesto|Welcome to HG!|The Sanatorium
Winner of the Order of Doitzel!
posted 09-23-05 02:25 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9  
AoM2? Native american Civ? wtf?

This is AoE3...

posted 09-23-05 02:36 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9  
oh.... sry about that

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 09-23-05 02:40 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9  
Nice writing/imagining skills you have, but you need to improve your reading skills :-/

ZN: TOAO_Wartz_ | ESO2: Cyrus
Check out The TOAO Clan | My recorded games
"." - TOAO_Creon
posted 09-23-05 02:46 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9  

Quote:

Nice writing/imagining skills you have, but you need to improve your reading skills :-/

And what do you actually mean by reading skills?

Cosmopolitan? Check.

[This message has been edited by Yamato Take (edited 09-24-2005 @ 12:55 PM).]

posted 09-23-05 02:48 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9  
Because this is age of empires 3 forum, not future ES games forum (it does exist, just search for a while).
posted 09-25-05 11:05 AM EDT (US)     8 / 9  
This is totally the Future ES Games Forum.
posted 09-25-05 01:24 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9  

Quote:

This is totally the Future ES Games Forum.

Origionally I put it under General Discussions.

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Future Robot, Bonfire, Windstorm, and NewToy Games Forum » Native American Civ for Aom 2
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames