You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Future Robot, Bonfire, Windstorm, and NewToy Games Forum

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: United States civilization for AOE3 expansion. My ideas...
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 01-24-06 05:22 PM EDT (US)   
Here are some of the Ideas I have for including the US, in the expansion and still having some kind of historical sense. please leave you opinion, and comments, and suggestions to anything that should be changed.

I remade the stats for the US the first time was too sloppy. I organized it by ages

Unique Units
-Rifleman : replaces the skirmisher with Higher attack, but shorter range. Has a Stealth ability.
-Carbineer : Replaces the dragoon, carries a revoling carbine rifle, shoots faster and further, but deals less damage.
-Confederate Rapid-fire Gun (RFG) : A light artillery piece that is good vs infantry. Fires 5 shots at a time. Pop 3.
For more details on this weapon visit the site below:
members.tripod.com/~ProlificPains/wpns.htm
Gunboats : The gunboat replaces the caravel. It aquires a gatling gun ability in the industrial age 3, good against infantry on land, and heavy warships.
-Frontiers Men : A stronger settler unit, like the CdB, but can only be shipped from HC, or bought from TC once the Professional Lumber-Jacks card hase been sent. (Limit 10)

Civilization Bonuses
-Strong Industrial age military.
-Unique minutemen- Patriot Minutemen.
-Explorer can create 3 units to help explore, and fight treasure guardians.
-Can train either heavy cannon or Gatling Guns in factory.
-Can ship Ironclads and Gatling guns.
-General can build 2 forts in the Fortress age, and 3 forts in the industrial age.
-Unique Building: Embassy, allows you to call for aid from allies.

Civilization weaknesses
-Must research Declaration of independance before advancing to Fortress Age, and to unlock artillery foundry.
-Strong but expensive units, late in the game.
-Lacks pikemen, halberdiers, crossbowmen, and grenadiers.

Discovery Age

Start with 6 settlers, 1 Frontiers Man 200 food. 200 wood.

Unique Card :
-Ship 1 Frontiers Man : Ships 1 Frontiers man, this card can be sent infinite times.

-Second Amendement : Increase settlers attack by 20%

Colonial Age

-Embassy: Picks an ally from among the other major civilization
French Allies
-French Fleet: Ships a Caravel and a Team of 5 Grenadiers. 200 wood 200 Gold.

Unique Technology-
-Declaration of Independance : Unlocks Fortress Age for the US, and unlocks the Artillery Foundry. Explorer Upgraded to Captain.
Cost 200 gold. (research at Town Center)

Unique Cards :
-Boston Tea party : All Shipments (except military shipments) shipments arrive 50% faster. (Lvl 5)

-John Paul Revere's Ride : Cavalry LOS increased. Speed Increased by 10% (Lvl 1)

-Westward expansion : Houses support plus 5 population. (lvl 5)

-Continental Army : Infantry are trained 10% faster, but move 5% slower. (Lvl 5)

-Rifleman/Musketeer Health : Increase health by 15% (Lvl 10)

-Professional lumber-jacks : Allows you to train Frontiers men at your TC. (Lvl 1) (Limit 10)

Units available :
-Musketeer
-Hussar
-Rifleman

Fortress age

Embassy
French Allies:
French Cavalry Division: Ships 3 Cuirassiers and 2 dragoons. 400 food 300 gold. Limit: 5

Unique Cards
-John Paul Jones' Naval Tactics: Gunboats and Galleons do bonus damage to monitors, and Friagtes. (Lvl 15)

-Union Army : Infantry are trained 10% faster, but move 5% slower. ( Lvl 5)

-Patriotism : Increase musketeer attack by 15%.
(Lvl 10)

-Coast guards : Increase ship LOS, and Dock LOS. Docks can now slowly heal ships. ( Lvl 1)

-Trail of Tears : Infantry do bonus damage to native warriors. Adds x1.5 bonus damage to native warriors. Native Warriors cost increased by 10% (Lvl 20)

-Rifleman/musketeer Damage : Increase attack by 15% (Lvl 10)

-Hussar/Carbineer Combat : Health and Attack increased by 20%

-Western Tactics: Hussars now carry a pistol, allowing them to fire at range before engaging in melee. Ranged ability has a 30 second cool-down.

Units Available :
Veteran Musketeer
Veteran Rifleman
Veteran Hussar
Veteran Carbineer
Rapid-Fire gun
Falconet
Culverin

Industrial Age

Embassy:
French Allies
French Napoleonic Force: Sends 3 cuirassiers, 5 skirmishers, and 5 Grenadiers. 1000 Food 800 gold. Limit 5

unique Technologies :
-Parrot Rifles : Falconets and culverin ranged increased.

Unique Cards :
-Dr. Gatlings prototypes : Ships 2 Gatling Guns from home city. (Lvl 25)

-Purchase Gatling Guns : Ships 3 Gatling Guns from home city. (Lvl 25) Cost 1000 gold. This card may be sent an infinite amount of times.

-The Civil War Draft : Receive 10 Musketeers and 10 Riflemen. (Lvl 20)

Rifleman/Musketeer Combat : Increase Health and damage by 20 % (Lvl 15)

Purchase Ironclads: Sends an Ironclad warship. Costs 800 Gold. This card can be sent an infinite amount of times. (Limit 2)

Units Available :
Revolutionary Musketeer
Ranger Rifleman
Guard Hussar
Revolver Carbineer
Guard Rapid-Fire
Field Gun
Culverin Royale
Mortar
Gatling Gun
Horse-Artillery

Unique Unit and Unique Tech Overview

-Patriot Minutemen : A stronger version of the minuteman, loses Hp at a much slower rate.

-The Monroe Doctrine : All units within Town Center, Outpost and Fortress LOS have 10% more Hp.

-Unique Church Card : The revolt

- 1 lantern : Ships 15 revolutionary Musketeers, upgrades all current musketeers to revolutionary status, Revolutionary musketeer upgrade enabled. Age 4. Cost 1000 food, 1000 gold.

-2 Lanterns : Ships 2 Privateers, and 2 gunboat. Cost 500 wood, 500 gold. (Age 3)

Special Thanks To :

-Yamato Take
-Alocucious

[This message has been edited by King_Ali_Skahir (edited 07-02-2011 @ 05:30 PM).]

Replies:
posted 01-24-06 05:43 PM EDT (US)     1 / 91  
Ok, they're not bad ideas, but they aren't great neither.

1. You're giving the U.S. more than what they had at that time.

2. The U.S. as a nation, was still relatively close to the British, except for the fact that they were "free."

3. The U.S. as a civ., no matter how you put it, stinks. The War of 1812 shows just how bad the military was. Heck, almost nobody wanted to join the U.S. army after the revolution.

4. OK, let's say the idea of U.S. as a civ. goes through, but who would honestly pick them? In a match between Russia, Britain, Spain, Ottomans, and the U.S., the U.S. wouldn't stand a chance. So I don't know who likes to loose, if the objective of the whole deal is to become a "top" player.

5. The only way the U.S. would not be bad, would be if ES twitched history by making them strong. Honestly, the only good army the U.S. had at the time, was the revolutionary Continental Army, but so did Simon Bolivar and Jose De San Martin, and I don't see any Latin American civs.(And I wouldn't like to see any either).

I know you put a good amount on time on your idea, and most of the ideas are pretty good, but they just don't go with the U.S. of the time.

posted 01-24-06 06:31 PM EDT (US)     2 / 91  
I understand your points, but the game goes into the 1850's and 1860's doesn't it?
Correct me if i'm wrong but I think the weaponry I mentioned for the US army was available at the time, or at least weaponry close to it.
Besides the United States could be one of the civilizations that developes a strong army late in the game, (maybe age 3 or 4) and relies on economy and defense early.
They could give the US a unique minutemen technology stronger than regular minutemen.
Oh yeah and i said SOME historical sense, not perfect accuracy.

Either way if ES decides to put the US in they will find a way. thanks for your post Novoa20.

posted 01-24-06 06:32 PM EDT (US)     3 / 91  
These are pretty good ideas, and the gattling gun is pretty cool, but I would give it say around five to ten seconds to set up.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 01-24-06 06:46 PM EDT (US)     4 / 91  
Oh, yeah I meant to write down that it would take 8 to 10 seconds to reload another cartridge, and maybe a 3 or 5 build limit.

http://www.ingenting.f2s.com/western/repeters.htm
Here you can see 2 pictures of 1855 and an 1856 revoling carbine rifles. The ones I wanted for my Rider Dragoons.

The Gattling Gun.

[This message has been edited by King_Ali_Skahir (edited 01-25-2006 @ 04:56 PM).]

posted 01-24-06 07:33 PM EDT (US)     5 / 91  
Well, I'm not sure what is the time period they'll use in the X-pack.

Don't think of me as an anti-U.S. gamer, it's just that I feel they wouldn't do as good as they should in a game with the theme being colonization and in the time period most of colonization takes place.

Now, I've heard of the U.S. having overseas colonies, but that's when they were a strong army. They got "saved" by Napoleon, after they failed to take over Canada and the British burned D.C., but then the British had to leave to fight Napoleon.

I would rather see the U.S. either as an option, along with Bolivar and Jose De San Martin, to be a sort of "natives" or something of that sort(Give Incas Bolivar's troops and Jose's troops, and make a native tribe named "Continental Army", and create the troops that you have set here). That would be really fun.

Like I said on my old post, your ideas are pretty good.

May I recommend that you leave them with the explorer, for the General just doesn't seem right. After all, they did have to explore beyond the Appalachians...

posted 01-24-06 07:45 PM EDT (US)     6 / 91  
I guess I could leave them with the explorer instead of a General, but I'd definately like to have the 3 officers feature. I wonder what would be the best way to make them work, as the explorers helper (native scout/Envoy), or as Greek Heroes worked in age of Mythology, as a few stronger units, who pick up treasures, fought, they could get killed, and then rebuilt.
posted 01-24-06 10:37 PM EDT (US)     7 / 91  
I'd go with the Native Scout/Envoy.
posted 01-26-06 08:06 PM EDT (US)     8 / 91  
I remade the stats fo the US.

[This message has been edited by King_Ali_Skahir (edited 02-05-2006 @ 10:48 AM).]

posted 01-27-06 10:37 PM EDT (US)     9 / 91  
If there's going to be a Confederate rifleman, then the HC would definately have to be Washington D.C.

Going into the Confederacy leads the whole thing way to far into the timeline. If ES takes the timeline up to the U.S. Civil War, then the U.S. should definately be included as a Civ.

Of course, they still wouldn't be the strongest, but they definately wouldn't be the weakest(This being completely different than if they added them right after they had gotten their independence or somewhere around 1812, when they were at their weakest).

Main Problem is that most of the Civilizations changed along with the times. The Spanish had lost most of their power, the Ottomans also. The French went from Empire to Republic to Empire, and so on. The British kept on adding land to their empire. Everything just changed, and it wouldn't look right with all the technologies and nations just barely colonizing.

BUT like I said above, from the Civil War and forward, the U.S. would be a great Civilization.

posted 01-27-06 10:46 PM EDT (US)     10 / 91  
I think this is an interesting and fairly well though-out civ. Not necesarily for the current timeset of AoE3, but it would definitely be cool in some Age of Game.
As a Canadian, I would love to p'own the U.S. civilization some time.
posted 01-27-06 10:47 PM EDT (US)     11 / 91  
Well ES could advance the timeline for the X-pack, and perhaps, and maybe redo the animations to make armies look more modern,from napoleonic style armies to late 1800's(change the hats or something simple).

And you are correct I would have to change the Home City to Whashington D.C.

posted 01-28-06 09:30 AM EDT (US)     12 / 91  
Yes I agree with you, change the timeline to include the Victorian Age.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 01-28-06 10:09 AM EDT (US)     13 / 91  
If ES did take the timeline up to the victorian age they could add Japan, china and a lot of other cool civilizations, of the time, as well as more advanced weaponry.

Hey Yamato Take how about this unit for your Japanese civilization :

A Samurai-Rifleman unit in the fortress age,
I imagined a Musketeer-like unit that uses a Katana in melee combat instead of fixing bayonets, and a musket/rifle in ranged combat, the same way the Jannisaries work for the Ottomans.

posted 01-30-06 06:22 AM EDT (US)     14 / 91  
Well.. It seems to be very belanced, either the idea is just stupid..

"Be being human is so OP" - Someone
posted 01-30-06 02:42 PM EDT (US)     15 / 91  
US won't make it into the expansion, but you can at least expect them to be in AOE4.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Welcome to Life, your vacation from nothing.
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
posted 01-30-06 04:37 PM EDT (US)     16 / 91  
Empofkilling, ok you don't like the idea, but the least you could have done is explain (in a REAL reason) why it is such a HORRIBLE IDEA to include the US, instead of leaving a stupid remark.

Please give me your opinion on the Fall Of Mankind!!! Ultimate Zidane Video

Glory To the revolution!!!

O=[[[[[[[]]]]]]]=-------,
Get Hooked

[This message has been edited by King_Ali_Skahir (edited 01-30-2006 @ 04:40 PM).]

posted 01-30-06 06:48 PM EDT (US)     17 / 91  
Yep, I agree with the U.S. being in AoE4.

As for Empofkilling, the idea isn't stupid, it actually contains very interesting units. Sure, it isn't the greatest idea ever, but it at least makes a point.

posted 01-30-06 07:05 PM EDT (US)     18 / 91  
Its an awsome idea, but its just the U.S. wasn't an empire back then.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 01-30-06 07:48 PM EDT (US)     19 / 91  
Alright i'll stop insisting on the idea, so strongly, but whatever, it's always a possibility (even a tiny microscopic one)

Get Hooked

posted 02-05-06 06:14 PM EDT (US)     20 / 91  
deleted

[This message has been edited by Van_Halen (edited 11-22-2019 @ 02:43 PM).]

posted 02-05-06 08:51 PM EDT (US)     21 / 91  
Well actually Van_Halen they aren't hating on the US, their just worried that it won't fit into the timeline that AOE 3 has set. The reason i want the US to come out in this AOE so badly is because I always wanted to play as the US in colonial times, i don't want to play as the US in WW1 or WW2 times as it would come out in AOE4.

Get Hooked

posted 02-05-06 10:35 PM EDT (US)     22 / 91  
Meh the timline is an absurd reason when the Persians were in the last game. Not to mention the expansion often moves the time period forward and the early part is the only argument.
posted 02-06-06 02:07 AM EDT (US)     23 / 91  
Van_Halen I am pretty noone on this forum is from a third-world country.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )This is bunny. Copy bunny into your siginature to help him on his way to world domination!
_.+._
(^\/^\/^)
\@*@*@/
{_____}
posted 02-07-06 09:52 AM EDT (US)     24 / 91  

Quote:

it's just that I feel they wouldn't do as good as they should in a game with the theme being colonization and in the time period most of colonization takes place.

WTF do you call the settlers moving west? ROTFLMAO.

Property is theft! Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

There is no human institution that approaches totalitarianism as closely as a business corporation. I mean, power is completely top-down. You can be inside it somewhere and you take orders from above and hand 'em down. Ultimately, it's in the hands of owners and investors. Noam Chomsky

An Anarchist Faq|Infoshop

posted 02-07-06 06:02 PM EDT (US)     25 / 91  

Quoted from Underpants Man:

WTF do you call the settlers moving west? ROTFLMAO.

I call it westward expansion, what do you call it?

Quoted from Van_Halen:

I'm tired of people hating on the US. We help the entire world and give relief and aid everywhere and we go kill tyranical dictators and people think we are bullies. WTF?!

What is this, the battle of the imbecils!!??

Here we have the perfect example of two persons who don't know an F about history:

First we have Underpants, who doesn't know that by the time the US moved west they used basic weaponry that couldn't have stood an all out war against Russia, France, or any other nation of the time. The War of 1812 clearly shows how weak the US was, had it not been for Napoleon that was messing the British, right now there would be no US. The US couldn't even beat Canada(No offense to Canadians), which were also a bunch of colonists/English people with about the same weaponry.

Then we have Van_Halen, a perfect example of someone who doesn't even know what he's talking about. Nobody has been hating in the US in here, and yet genius comes in and starts talking about how great the US is and how everybody talks bad about the US. For one, we're talking about the old US, not the modern one.

1. The US doesn't give relief to the world, just to poor nations that don't have an ability to sustain their own economies.

2. The US had no reason to go into Iraq and take down the dictator. The US did because they wanted to, not because anybody asked them to. OR can you tell me otherwise?

3. People call the US bullies simply because the US takes advantage of their status to try and act tough on the rest of the world. There's Vietnam, Korea, etc. and several other incidents in which the US only helped for its own benefit and not because of "freedom."

Quoted from Van_Halen:

just come live here and see how you like it. It is way better than any third world countries I'll tell you that much.

What are you, my travel agent? You're probably some US obsessed 12 year old, aren't you?

Just above you said that people hated on the US, and now you're hating on third world countries. You are a complete hypocrit.

Quoted from Van_halen:

Anyways, the US would be cool (who says it would be weak anyways novoa?)

The US wouldn't even be cool to play with. You clearly don't even know US History(Which makes me go back to the point that you aren't even in high school).

So, I won't discuss anything with inmature people, so don't bother responding me.

On a side note, I'd like to apologize to King_Ali_Skahir for making such comments in his topic, but I had very good reasons to do so.

[This message has been edited by Novoa20 (edited 02-07-2006 @ 07:38 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Future Robot, Bonfire, Windstorm, and NewToy Games Forum » United States civilization for AOE3 expansion. My ideas...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames