Please login or register

Future Robot, Bonfire, Windstorm, and NewToy Games Forum

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Native Civilizations for the AOE3 Expansion
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 01-28-06 12:26 PM EDT (US)   
In the Age of Empires 3 Expansion Pack there will be new civilizations, new units, new maps, and a better balance system. That is definitely known, but if ES makes the X-Pack over world colonization, then they should include more indigenous peoples. In this Native X-pack idea there will be a more of the people the colonizers allied with or conquered, and a diverse mapping of them not restricted to only the Americas, but to Africa, Asia, Australia, and New Zealand.

Table of Contents
-The Americas
-Africa
-Asia
-Oceania

The Americas

Hopi
Maps Available: Texas
Units: Throwing Spearman
Snake Priest

The Hopi were a Pueblo people that had settled down and lived in a nation that was based on peace and getting along with neighbors. The Hopi believed in peace and that it was up to them, by will of the Kachinas, their guardian spirits, to ensure peace in whatever way possible, even war. “The True Hopi people declare that Hopi will be a force which brings about world change.”

Hopi Throwing Spearman- A spear throwing infantry unit that doesn’t have as good a range as the Aztec Eagle Warrior, but hold up better in combat and have a decent attack. They are good against cavalry.

First Available: Colonial Age
Limit: 10
Cost: 35 Food 70 Wood
Hitpoints: 130
Speed: 4.5
Resists: 15% melee
Bonus: x1.5 vs. cavalry
Range Attack: 13
Range ROF: 1.5
Range: 10
Melee Attack: 9
Melee ROF: 1.5
Melee Range: 0
Siege Attack: 15
Siege ROF: 3
Siege Range: 0

Hopi Snake Priest- A Hopi shaman that follows the Snake chief and conducts religious ceremonies like the Snake Dance that can heal ally units and repair buildings. They are also good against enemy settlers.

Limit: 4
Cost: 20 Food 100 Wood
Hitpoints: 95
Speed: 6
Resists: 35% hand
Bonus: x2 vs. villagers
Melee Attack: 5

Unique Technologies
Hopi Clay Mining- Hopi mining practices improve settler’s coin gathering rate (Age I 250 Food 120 Wood)
Hopi Mesa Building- Hopi construction ways let houses support 12 population (Age I 175 Food 150 Coin)
Hopi Kachina Dolls- Hopi units HP is increased by their spiritual beliefs (Age I 115 Coin 115 Food)

Apache
Maps Available: Great Plains
Units: Apache Wolf Warrior
Apache Kiowa Raider

The Apache were fierce warriors both admired and feared by the U.S. army in expansion to the west. Apache were unique in that instead of using guerilla tactics like most Native Americans they used strategy on the battlefield. The Apache had no want for expansion, unlike the Iroquois or Aztecs, but anyone that tried to invade on them were attacked and driven back.

Apache Wolf Warrior- Apache used to hunt buffalo by covering themselves with wolfskins and getting close the Buffalo then ambushing them taking down several before the heard panicked. They would also raid in wolfskins in the night when visibility was poor so they could be mistaken for real wolves. They have a good attack against hand infantry and hand cavalry.

Limit: 13
Cost: 75 food 50 Wood
Hitpoints: 200
Speed: 3.5
Resists: 20% hand
Bonus: x1.5 vs. hand infantry x2 vs. hand cavalry
Melee Attack: 14
Siege Attack: 20

Kiowa Raider- cavalry that is good against settlers and other cavalry. The Apache and the Comanche were very bonded people, hunting, trading. And warred together. The Kiowa were extremely good cavalry riders and Apache raids tended to be extremely brutal.

Limit: 8
Cost: 50 Food 75 Wood
Hitpoints: 310
Speed: 7.5
Resists: 30% hand
Bonus: x3 vs. settlers x1.5 vs. cavalry
Melee Attack: 19
Trample Damage: 14
Siege Range: 1.5

Unique Technologies:
Nide Buffalo Hunters- settlers gather from hunted animals faster (Age I 100 Coin 150 Wood)
Athabaskan Language- Apache spoken language makes infantry faster (Age I 220 Food 100 Coin)
Apache War Banding- gives five Wolf Warriors and five Kiowa Raiders at your TC regardless of amount already has (Age I 400 Food 500 Wood)

Inuit
Maps Available: Arctic- new map that takes place in Alaska where Cree are also available.
Units: Dog Sled
Kayak

An extremely hardy culture to the cold and snowy Alaskan tundra that were very different from other Native American tribes. The Inuit were extremely enduring living in such and extreme climate and unpredictable weather changes. Inuit were a peaceful unless provoked or attacked, then they would exact revenge by raiding the offending tribe.

Dog Sled- a fast moving cavalry that has a high attack against infantry, yet can be killed by other cavalry pretty easily. Dog Sleds were used for hunting, trade, battle, and recreation and the Inuit were masters of using the strange chariot. Dog Sleds have an Inuit warrior in the back that attacks using a harpoon, which also does good damage vs. buildings.

Cost: 115 Food 45 Wood
Hitpoints: 250
Speed: 7
Resists: 10% range
Bonus: x2 vs. infantry x2 vs. buildings
Melee Attack: 16
Melee ROF: 2.5
Siege Attack: 35

Unique Technologies
Inuit Husky Dogs- Cavalry attack and speed increased (Age I 500 Food)
Inuit Kamik- Specialized Inuit snow boots make settlers train faster (Age I 200 250 Food)
Inuit Kayaks- Gives you ten Inuit kayaks, which throw harpoons and are good against light ships and buildings, at your dock. (Age I 250 215 Wood)

Kayak- a unique Inuit boat, the design not found anywhere else; it was extremely fast and buoyant, and used in hunting and warfare. The Inuit were expert sailors and mariners and grew into great traders with other tribes because of the whalebone, fat, and ivory industry.

Kayak
Cost: None
Hitpoints: 400
Resists: 25% range
Bonus: x2 vs. caravels, canoes, and fishing ships x1.75 vs. buildings
Range Attack: 20
Range: 15
Hand Damage: 25
Siege Attack: 65
Siege Range: 8

Taino
Maps Available: Caribbean, Bayou
Units: Baira Archer
Manaya Warrior

A great and powerful civilization, lost to history as possibly the Americas most forgotten culture. The Taino were a seafaring people that dominated the Caribbean and traded with the Aztec, Maya, and Inca. They had formed a system of smaller governing states that made up the Taino Empires, their chieftains were known as the Caciques and considered descendants of the gods. The Taino built their nation on economy, and were fierce warriors in keeping the barbaric Caribs in the Lesser Antilles, as opposed to the Taino’s Greater Antilles.

Baira Archer- A Taino bowman that fires flaming arrows at infantry and does slow, gradual damage over time. Taino archers were highly acclaimed for their skills and attached brightly colored feathers to their bows and arrows, thinking the arrows would fly as accurate and far as the birds.

Limit: 15
Cost: 30 Food 90 Wood
Hitpoints: 95
Resists: 15% range
Bonus: x1.5 vs. infantry per thirty seconds
Range Attack: 16
Range: 20

Manaya Warrior- a hatchet carrying infantry unit good against cavalry and buildings.

Limit: 5
Cost: 40 Food 60 Wood
Hitpoints: 180
Speed: 5.5
Resists: 45% trample 10% hand
Bonus: x2 vs. cavalry x2.5 vs. buildings
Melee Attack: 17
Siege Attack: 40

Unique Technologies
Taino Batu- Taino ball games make infantry faster (Age I 240 Coin 200 Food)
Barbacoa- Taino barbecuing makes settlers gather food faster (Age I 300 Coin 250 Wood)
Kanoa- Improves canoe attack, HP, and speed (Age I 200 Wood 200 Coin)
Arawak languages- infantry train faster (Age I 120 Food 300 Wood)

Toltec Empire
Maps Available- Sonora, Yucatan
Units- Toltec Dawn Warrior

The Toltec were an ancient culture that contributed greatly to the Aztec and Mayan empires. Toltecs were a warlike, yet civilized people that may have sacked Teotihuacan and given birth the dominant Mesoamerican god Quetzalcoatal and also introducing human sacrifice to Mesoamerica. Many Aztecs claimed to be the ancestors of these proud, powerful, and great Empire.

Toltec Dawn Warrior- Toltec knights of the Dawn god Tlahuizcalpanteuctli, who was symbolized as the planet Venus, that have four statues supporting the House of Dawn in Tula, the old Toltec capital. They attack with two spears in combat, and are good against melee units.

Limit: 4
Cost: 120 Food 150 Wood
Hitpoints: 300
Speed: 5.5
Bonus: x1.5 vs. cavalry x2 vs. hand infantry
Melee Attack: 21

Unique Technologies
Toltec Butterfly Blazon- Infantry HP increased (Age I 300 Coin 315 Wood)
Toltec Temple Building- Civilization Unique Technologies are cheaper, although doesn’t work for Native Technologies. (Age I 400 Food 150 Coin)

Aymara
Maps available: Patagonia
Units: Aymaran Slinger

A precursor civilization that did for the Inca what the Toltecs did for the Maya and Aztecs. The Aymara where the first dominate culture in the Andean area, but they were conquered by the Incas as that empire grew in power. Tiahuanaco was the centered region of the Aymaran culture.

Aymaran Slinger- The traditional weapon of the mountainous area the Aymara called home, the sling was a very successful ranged weapon that required less materials to make than a bow, because wood was scarce, and less force than an atlatl. Slingers are good against buildings and good against melee infantry, but they fall very easily to cavalry.

Cost: 40 food 50 Wood
Hitpoints: 90
Resists: 10% vs. ranged
Bonus: x3 vs. buildings x1.5 vs. hand infantry
Range Attack: 8
Range: 16
Siege ROF: 3.5
Siege Range: 5

Unique Technologies
Collas Kingdoms- Upgrades Slinger amount to 20 (Age I 300 Coin 250 Wood)
Alpaca Herd- Livestock Pens are much cheaper (Age I 230 Coin 270 Wood)
Aymara Wiphala- Gunpowder infantry HP increased (Age I 650 Food)

Africa

Africa will be classified into four maps:

Sahara- a desert like map with many gold and silver mines, insuring that you don’t ever run of Coin, yet limited wood, but plenty of animals to hunt.

Sahel- A map very much like the Sahara, but has more trees, less mines, and more cliffs and hills.

Congo- The Congo River weaves a random path every time and is rich in fish to gather; yet the Congo lacks many gold and silver mines. Large rich forests cover the map and several Baka or Maasai villages are in the clearings.

Karoo- a semi-desert map that has huge herds of zebra and antelopes crossing randomly from one side of the map to the other, the area has high cliffs and some fertile spots where cows can be found grazing.

Zulu Empire
Maps available: Karoo
Units: Iklwa
Iwisa
Isikhulu

The dominant power in South Africa at the time of British and Dutch colonization, the Zulu had risen from a group of tribesmen that spoke the same language into a great and powerful king under the rule of the first Zulu king, Shaka. The Zulu were very much similar to the Romans in that they had disciplined battle tactics, and very good weapons, the Zulu even used a spear and shield in the manner the Roman Legionnaires used the Gladius and shield.

Iklwa- a Zulu spearman that uses a large cowhide shield and a short stabbing spear known as the Assegai. The Zulu warriors were highly trained by Shaka and those that had been trained by him. To prevent uprisings and inspire a strong sense of loyalty, Zulu warriors became part of the army at the age of fourteen.

Cost: 75 Food 75 Wood
Speed: 5
Resists: x15% ranged
Bonus: x2 vs. infantry
Melee Attack: 15

Iwisa- a close range Zulu siege weapon that uses the knob-kerrie, which is a clubbing stick with a metal knob on the end. The knob-kerries would deliver painful blows in melee combat and shatter wooden weapons.

Cost: 30 Food 60 Wood
Hitpoints: 220
Speed: 4
Resists: 10% hand damage
Bonus: x2.5 vs. native units
Melee Attack: 11
Siege Attack: 60

Isikhulu- Zulu warrior that name means “great one.” The Isikhulu were the high-ranking warriors decorated for bravery or service. Once you became an Isikhulu then you were granted a spot on the Council of Elders and given an Ingxotha, which was a heavy brass armband designating an outstanding Zulu warrior. The Izikhulu fight with rifles from volley mode, but switch to crane shields and a spear in melee mode.

Limit: 2
Cost: 65 Food 70 Wood
Hitpoints: 380
Resists: x10 vs. ranged
Bonus: x1.5 vs. infantry in volley, x2 vs. cavalry in melee
Range Attack: 22
Melee Attack: 20

Unique Technologies
Isihlangu- Zulu units have more HP (Age I 35 Food 75 Wood)
Inkatha- The sacred symbol of the Zulu nation lets you train the Zulu at your barracks (Colonial Age 60 Wood 70 Coin)
Zulu Three Branch Attack- The traditional Zulu battle tactic gives hand infantry more attack (Colonial Age 120 Coin 100 Food)

Xhosa
Maps Available: Karoo
Units: Red Clay Warrior

The other major power in the South African region and competitor of the Zulu, the Xhosa were a continuous pain to the Dutch and then British settlers in the region. The Xhosa had fallen from status somewhat because of famines and the growth of the Zulu. The Xhosa originally encountered the first Europeans in the early 1700s and were at conflicts with them ever since.

Red Clay Warrior- Xhosa warriors often covered themselves in red clay before a battle, making them stand out so as to avoid confusion. The Xhosa Red Clay Warriors are good at raiding with an advantage vs. settlers, but they are also good against cavalry. The Xhosa military were similar to the Greeks, as opposed to the Zulu Roman short spear; the Xhosa used long spears like phalanxes to charge opponents.

Cost: 100 Food 15 Coin
Resists: x15% hand
Bonus: x2 vs. cavalry x1 vs. light infantry
Siege Attack: 30

Unique Technologies
Xhosa Kaross Cloth- Red Clay Warriors HP increased (Age I 200 Coin 150 Wood)
Xhosa Tribe Assimilation- Xhosa population increase gives you fifteen more population (Age I 125 Food 130 Wood)
Xhosa Bush Fighting- Xhosa ambush techniques train military units faster (Age I 80 Coin 100 Wood)
Gray Heron Feather band- Settlers can research economic techs (Age I 130 Food 130 Wood 130 Coin)

Maasai
Maps Available: Congo
Units: Morani

The Maasai were a war-like nation located in eastern Africa that showed extreme resistance to white settlers. The Maasai were very haughty, arrogant, and stubborn people; yet these qualities were what made them great. The Maasai all but conquered all, they scorned the plowshare and the farming way of life, the entire Maasai economy was based on their cattle, which they believed were a gift only to the Maasai. In this superior mind set the Maasai would either make you submit to their rule, or you would be destroyed.

Morani- a warrior is dressed in a lion-skin that does large amount of damage to cavalry. Traditionally for the Maasai, before becoming a warrior you must first kill a lion. This is no small task and it made sure the weak were weeded out of the Maasai ranks to make their nation stronger and more powerful.

Available: Colonial Age
Cost: 150 Food
Hitpoints: 225
Resists: 10% vs. ranged 15% vs. artillery
Bonus: x3 vs. cavalry

Unique Technologies
Maasai Facepaint- Maasai warrior attack increased (Age I 130 Food 80 Coin)
Sacred Cows- Maasai selective cattle makes settlers gather food much faster (Age I 300 Coin 300 Wood)
Manyatta- Barracks and Blockhouses are cheaper and infantry attack is increased (Age I 130 Wood 125 Food)

Baka
Maps Available: Congo
Units: Jungle Stalker

A common stereotyped culture, the Baka were not dwarf-sized people and the term pygmy is derogative and offensive. Baka measure slightly shorter than most people coming in average 1.5 meters. (Which is roughly about five feet) Baka were rainforest dwellers and made their living off of the rich and bountiful forest around them. Baka were the most advanced of the short rainforest tribes, with their own language as complex as Bantu (language of the Zulu and Xhosa), and traded with many African nations like the Maasai. The Baka were more technologically advance than most people thought, having great medicinal practices by harvesting the helpful plants from the rainforest, and many non-pygmy cultures wanted their healing capabilities.

Jungle Stalker- The Baka didn’t have any connection to China, the inventor of the crossbow, or the flow of the weapon to Europe, but they did invent their own. Baka warriors laced their darts with poison to make sure that one shot was lethal. Jungle Stalkers have a special ability of being cloaked when in trees for one minute, until they attack and become visible again, which makes them a good ambushing or skirmishing squad. They have a good damage vs. buildings and infantry.

Cost: 90 Wood 20 Food
Hitpoints: 110
Resists: 15% melee
Bonus: x1.5 vs. buildings x2 vs. heavy infantry
Range Attack: 12
Range: 17
Siege Attack: 60
Siege Range: 4

Unique Technologies
Baka Beekeeping- The export of Baka honey makes gathering coin from plantations go faster. (Age I 95 Food 100 Wood)
Baka Luma Celebration- Baka hunting makes settlers gather food faster. (Age I 135 Coin 95 Wood)
Baka Elephant Hunting- Ivory-tipped crossbow bolt improve damage Jungle stalker do to buildings. (Age I 85 Coin 120 Food)

Mali Empire
Maps Available: Sahara and Sahel
Units: Iron Rider
Camelry

The Mali Empire was one of the great Sahelian kingdoms of Africa, the other two being Ghana and Songhai. Mali had expanded its borders and became the dominant force in Northern Africa. At the height of its power Mali controlled half of the world’s gold. Mali’s capital was Timbuktu and it was a great place of Muslim learning. By the time set of AOE3 though, Mali was failing and the new power of Songhai was rising.

Iron Rider- an armored horse and armored rider that does good damage vs. other cavalry. Mali’s main power was drawn from its cavalry, being able to forward anywhere from 50,000 to 200,000 riders at one time. The Mali cavalry were nicknamed “Iron Riders” because of their armored horses. This would have slowed down horses, but Mali horse armor was designed to be light and strong, so the horse didn’t suffer much slowing down.

Cost: 120 Food 90 Coin
Hitpoints: 400
Resists: 10% hand
Bonus: x2 vs. cavalry
Melee Attack: 26
Siege Attack: 25

Camelry- The shock troops of Mali cavalry, camelry could ride faster in the desert and provided a better mount in close range fighting. Although both the mount and camel are unarmored the scimitar-like blade of the rider is a strong enough weapon to kill most infantry before they have a chance to do damage to the rider.

Cost: 80 Food 80 Coin
Hitpoints: 300
Resists: 15% range
Melee Attack: 22

Unique Technologies
Mali Griot- Mali bards increase understanding of their empire, which gives your cavalry more attack (Age I 75 Food 130 Wood)
Mansa Kings- Mali Emperors’ alliance with you makes their native units train quicker (Age I 125 Coin 125 Food)
Southern and Northern Kingdoms- The ruling of half of the Mali Empire lets your explorer build a Mali settlement (Age I 250 Wood 250 Coin)

Shongai Empire
Maps Available: Sahara and Sahel
Units: Gulham
Armored Maceman

The last of the three Sahelian kingdoms, Songhai was the greatest. The were unmatched in an army size, with large amounts of infantry, cavalry, and a good navy, the Songhai Empire took over where Mali left off and systematically conquered almost all of Western Africa, before falling to Morocco. Songhai was one of the world’s greatest Muslim Kingdom’s, but at the AOE3 timeline you have to help Songhai achieve that.

Gulham- A cavalry archer that fires very fast and is good against infantry. The horse archer of Songhai was called the Gulham, and they employed a large variety of combat tactics. Because of the angle of the bow and the angle of the quiver, the Gulhmas could fire multiple arrows at once very fast, in almost a constant stream. In combat the Gulham uses an axe called a tabarzan.

Cost: 120 Food 50 Coin
Hitpoints: 350
Resists: 15% vs. ranged
Bonus: x1.5 vs. cavalry
Range Attack: 20
Range ROF: 3
Melee Attack: 16

Armored Maceman- Songhai infantry consisted mainly of macemen and swordsmen, but macemen were valued highly for their defensive capabilities against cavalry, standing in solid ranks as the cavalry made their charge. Although they were less good against infantry the macemen were an essential part of the Songhai army, they use large shields to protect against arrow fire.

Cost: 65 Food 85 Wood
Hitpoints: 150
Speed: 3.5
Resists: 30% vs. archer infantry 10% vs. hand
Bonus: x2.5 vs. cavalry
Siege Attack: 47

Unique Technologies
Salt Mines- Settlers train faster (Age I 75 Coin 75 Food 75 Wood)
Government Districts- Artillery can be trained from Forts, outposts, and blockhouses (Age I 100 Coin 120 Food)
Hi-koy Commander- Canoes have more Attack and HP (Age I 500 Wood)
Mandekalu- Songhai warriors have more attack (Age I 200 Coin 100 Wood)

Asia- the Asian natives will be the strongest out of all of the continents, because they have the most advanced fighting skills and weapons. (Nootka have clubs, Tibetans have metal axes.)

Asia will be divided into five maps.

Himalayas- a mountainous region where hunting animals are scarce as well as wood, but there are rich pocket forests dotted throughout the landscape.

Ganges- a high resource map, the fish-laden Ganges River winds throughout most of the map and connects several good defensible points and Indian and Tibetan villages, providing securing these positions crucial.

Hokkaido- one large island surrounded by whale and fish rich waters with many coastal Ainu towns dotting the beaches and a large forest covering the map.

Archipelago- several random sized islands, or a single landmass with excellent naval opportunities, and rich forests and mines.

Beth Nahrain- a dry middle-eastern map with two rivers that peak out from the map, laden with fish. There are numerous mines and an average amount of hunting animals, yet wood is very scarce and should be conserved.

Tibet
Maps Available: Himalayas
Ganges
Units: Khampa
Kartika Monk

A prosperous nation between the 7th and 10th Centuries, Tibet repulsed many Mongol and Chinese invasions. During the time of AOE3 Tibet had fallen out of the Asian superpowers into a peaceful country sculpted in belief of the Tibetan Buddhism. Tibetan cavalry is perhaps the strongest in all of Asia, with tough and enduring mountain horses that can run as fast across treacherous rocky terrain as over a grassy knoll.

Khampa- Tibetan cavalry that patrolled the border keeping out all invaders as the unofficial guardians of Tibet. They were rumored to be faster than the wind and struck fear into Mongolian and Chinese soldiers. They were a widespread band of horsemen that belonged to the Khampa like Teutonic Knight belonged to the Teutonic Order.

Cost: 105 Food 85 Coin
Hitpoints: 425
Speed: 6.8
Resists: 15% vs. artillery
Melee Attack: 23
Siege Attack: 36

Kartika Monk- Tibetan Warrior monks were famous for their complete honing of their desired weapon, whether is be a sword, axe, throwing dart, bow, or anything else, few were as proficient in the usage. Kartika monks favor an axe inset with precious gems.

Cost: 50 Food 80 Wood
Hitpoints: 184
Speed: 5.3
Resists: 12% ranged
Bonus: x3 vs. infantry
Melee Attack: 26
Melee ROF: 1.7

Unique Technologies
Buddhist Lamas- All Tibetan units can heal (Age I 200 Food 205 Wood)
Tibetan Dzong- Stables gain an attack like an outpost (Age I 415 Wood)
Phurba Dagger- all infantry hand attack is increased (Age I 130 Food 70 Coin)
Yak caravan- Settlers gather coin faster from mines and plantations (175 Food 20 Coin)

India
Maps Available: Ganges
Himalayas
Units: Pindari
Maratha Sniper

India during this time was a set of fractured kingdoms fighting for control. Most Europeans established East India trading colonies, but the British ruthlessly expanded upon the weakened empires of India. Because the Mughal Empire had been only located in the Northern part, and The Maratha Empire had all but driven them out, there was no central power to unify India against the British, and India became one of the most significant British colonies.

Pindari- Irregular Indian horsemen that rode throughout most of the Indian empires. They were normally used as shock troops to break up enemy formations. The unique thing about Pindari is that they received no pay, getting what they plundered and pillaged for their salary. Because of this salary method, you receive 50 coin for every unit Pindari kill, and 150 for every building they destroy. Pindari are good against light infantry and light cavalry, but tend to be less good against heavier and more enduring troops.

Cost: 100 Food 65 Wood
Hitpoints: 237
Speed: 6.25
Resists: 20% vs. ranged
Bonus: x2 vs. light infantry x1.7 vs. light cavalry
Melee Attack: 27
Siege Attack: 30

Maratha Sniper- The Maratha Empire’s gunmen were elite warriors trained to be very accurate from far distances. The Maratha Empire was defeated by the British, but their troops fought valiantly even after the Empire collapsed. Maratha snipers have a good range, but can hardly put up a fight against infantry, taking down cavalry fairly easily.

Cost: 80 Food 80 Wood
Hitpoints: 215
Resists: 27% ranged
Range Attack: 12
Range: 19
Melee Attack: 10
Siege Attack: 22

Unique Technologies
Peshwa- Explorer attack is increased and given a x2 bonus against infantry (Age I 200 Coin 170 Food)
Hinduism Empire- Infantry have a better attack vs. buildings (Age I 75 Food 115 Wood)
Indian Caste System- Settlers gather food and coin faster (Age I 600 Wood)
Spice Transport- Gives 100 coin for every two minutes of game length (Age I 350 Food 265 Wood)

Syriacs
Maps Available: Beth Nahrain
Units Available: Narkabtu

The Syriacs give the Ottoman Empire a reason to be in the colonial aspect of AOE3. The Syriacs are ancient inhabitants of Syria, stretching back to biblical times and beyond. For three thousand years they have been inhabitants of the Middle East, and they once dominated the Silk Road trade. The Ottomans continually pushed them back as the Empire expanded, yet never truly attacked, but genocide was lead against them in fear they would side with Russia against the Ottoman Empire.

Narkabtu- Syriac chariot that is a good cavalry against other cavalry. Syriac cavalry were extremely fast and their swords and arrows cut down enemy ranks better than any normal horseman could. Narkabtu are very fast and good in close range as well as against cavalry from afar, yet tend to be weak against most gunpowder units and artillery.

Cost: 40 Food 45 Coin 35 Wood
Hitpoints: 275
Resists: 20% hand
Range Attack: 14
Range ROF: 1.7
Range: 12
Siege Attack: 34

Unique Technologies
Kashtu- Syriac Narkabtu attack increased (Age I 200 Coin 80 Wood)
Rimmu Herd- Increases Food gathering rate (Age I 150 Food 150 Coin)
Gammalu- Increases cavalry attack (Age I 60 Coin 75 Food)

Taiwan
Maps Available: Archipelago
Units Available: Pingpu Bowman
Kaoshan Headhunter

The Taiwan Aboriginals were very advanced for being classified as aborigines. They lived in large villages of up to 1,500 people built on defendable terrain, and several smaller villages scattered as suburbs of these bigger ones. The Taiwanese were not conquered by the Europeans, but were more or less assimilated into Chinese Japanese, and various others like the Spanish and Dutch.

Pingpu Bowman- The plains were populated with more civilized Taiwanese than the mountains. They made complex villages that were based on both naval and land activities. The main contingent of the armies were formed of archers, that were trained Spartan style, making them very professional and high performance troops.

Cost: 75 Food 100 Wood
Hitpoints: 135
Resists: 35% hand
Bonus: x2 vs. settlers x.5 vs. range infantry
Range Attack: 14
Range: 13
Melee Attack: 7.5
Siege Attack: 36

Kaoshan Headhunter- The Kaoshan were regarded as barbarians by the plains Taiwanese Aborigines, they were still a civilized culture. The main practice of valor and bravery for the highland tribes was headhunting. The headhunting was not terribly cruel as once the head had been collected the fatherless family, if the victim had a family, were raised as complete members of the tribe. Kaoshan are good against enemy cavalry.

Cost: 60 Food 95 Wood
Hitpoints: 142
Resists: 25% building fire
Siege Attack: 45

Unique Technologies
Camphor Extraction- Medicinal practices gives infantry more HP (Age I 130 Food 40 Coin)
Bamboo Walls- Walls are free (Age I 500 Wood)
Sugar Farms- Settlers gather from plantations much faster (Age I 300 Food 300 Wood)
Message Arrows- Kaoshan and Pingpu are faster (Age I 115 Food 105 Wood)

Philippines
Maps Available: Archipelago
Units available: Kampilan Swordsman
Lantaka

The Philippines were a Spanish colony, but before that had been colonized by the Malays, Chinese, and Japanese. The Philippines were divided into several kingdoms that fought with each other like the Greek city-states. They were major trading partners of many Asian kingdoms and empires, and were known throughout the Asian naval industry as expert sailors and fearsome pirates. Filipino inhabitants provided more of a challenge than the Spanish would have liked, and would almost never submit to the foreign rule. Their gold was desired highly by Europeans because of how the Filipinos mixed it with other minerals to make it appear flawless.

Kampilan Swordsman- a Filipino warrior that uses a two-handed sword and is good against cavalry. The Kampilan’s hilt resembles a crocodile and is normally decorated extravagantly. Kampilan were weapons of the highest caliber warriors and could outfight most of the Spanish swordsmen that came to the Philippines. The Kampilan was the weapon that killed Ferdinand Magellan as he attempted to sail around the world.

Cost: 90 Food 55 Wood
Hitpoints: 167
Resists: 18% hand
Melee Attack: 23

Lantaka- the precursor of the gatling gun, the Lantaka was a cannon mounted on a flexible swivel that was used to track fast moving targets easily. The Spanish were given so much trouble with these that they equipped all of their ally Filipino native ships with Lantakas to counter those on the enemy ships. Lantakas are good against cavalry and fire faster than normal cannons and falconets, yet are weaker.

Cost: 300 Wood 100 Coin
Hitpoints: 185
Resists: 25% hand 30% ranged
Range: 23
Siege Attack: 75
Siege ROF: 5

Unique Technologies
Eskrima Martial Arts- Increases hand damage of melee infantry (Age I 150 Food 160 Wood)
Karakoa- Ship attack is increased (Age I 300 Wood 100 Coin)
Salambao- Increases Fishing boat’s food gathering and coin gathering speeds (Age I 250 Wood 235 Coin)
Pearl Fishing- Increases amount of caravels and frigates that can be trained (Age I 600 Wood)

Ainu
Maps available: Hokkaido
Units Available: Emush Swordsman

The Ainu are the original inhabitants of the Japanese islands. They were continually pushed away and came to be at Hokkaido Island. The Ainu are a very unique people, with almost no resemblance to the Japanese. The Ainu have a very different culture, with different warrior codes, and a writing system like nothing else in the world. The ancient Ainu culture is mostly lost to the modern world as Japan ruthlessly assimilated the Ainu into their own way of life. Compared to the grand Japanese cities and ports the Ainu were somewhat tribal with tattoos, living in a reed hut, and never a really unified people, but that doesn’t mean at all that the Ainu were uncivilized.

Emush Swordsman- As opposed to the Japanese katanas and other swords, Ainu used a shorter saber-like weapon. Although Ainu never won a war against Japan, their warriors were certainly brave and a match for a samurai. Emush Swordsmen are pretty fast infantry that are good against other infantry.

Cost: 95 Food 100 Wood
Resists: 10% range
Bonus: x1.5 vs. infantry
Melee Attack: 13
Melee ROF: 1.8
Siege Attack: 28

Unique Technologies
Bear Hunting- Food is gathered from Mills and hunted animals faster (Age I 150 Coin 134 Wood)
Ainu Fishhook- Lets you train Ainu fishing canoes, which cost 120 Wood, but are better at fishing for food than normal fishing ships (140 Wood 160 Coin)
Ainu Sword Ritual- Emush Swordsman attack increased (Age I 200 Food 300 Coin)

Oceania

There will only be two map sets in Oceania

Australia- A cost runs across the top part of the map ensuring naval opportunities, and the interior is filled with strange beasts the likes of which Europeans have never seen, including kangaroos, koalas, dingos, and wallabies. There will be many Australian Aboriginal settlements across the maps, and several other trading posts.

New Zealand- A forest and rich resource region, there will be Maori Pa, which are their fortresses, able to be controlled by the largest army in its vicinity. Once controlled, it will act like a forest and train Maori warriors and cavalry and infantry.

Australian Aboriginals
Maps Available: Australia
New Zealand
Units Available: Boomerang thrower
Uyulng
Elember Warrior

The mostly peaceful Aboriginals of Australia were in their Stone Age when the Europeans came to settle their lands. Although they were primitive, they used tools as good or more complex than the European Stone Age, so they were not completely uncivilized in comparison. Aborigines never wanted to fight the British settlers, but only resorted to raiding and violence when their lands or property were taken. The Aboriginals had a rich and amazing culture and mythology, seemingly unheard of this early in their time period and completely different from the world.

Boomerang Thrower- The often stereotyped image of the returning boomerang is more of a children’s toy and hunting tool than a weapon. The boomerangs used in war were simple, yet very effective killing instruments. Their design meant they could be thrown as far as a musket could fire without much effort, just a simple flick of the wrist. Boomerangs came in a very large array from very large and heavy ones to destroy buildings, to hooked ones to scatter enemies.

Cost: 90 Food 30 Wood
Hitpoints: 108
Resists: 10% ranged
Bonus: x2 vs. buildings x2 vs. infantry
Range Attack: 10
Range ROF: 1.8
Range: 16
Melee Attack: 6
Siege Attack: 58
Siege ROF: 3.4
Siege Range: 4

Uyulng- known as the shark-tooth fighting knife, they were pieces of flat wood with grooves inset for shark teeth to fit in. The teeth were filed until they reached razor-blade sharpness and could easily draw blood. A string is looped around one end and used like a flail, holding the string and striking with the knife. The Uyulng are good against cavalry.

Limit: 7
Cost: 85 Food 40 Wood
Hitpoints: 135
Resists: 25% hand
Melee Attack: 12.75
Melee ROF: 1.7
Siege Attack: 26

Elember Warrior- known as “the killing club” the Elember was a very strange weapon. On one side it appears to be a completely normal club, but on the other side it is sharp and serrated like a sword. Elember are good against buildings and cavalry.

Cost: 35 Food 100 Wood
Hitpoints: 140
Resists: 10% hand
Bonus: x1.5 vs. buildings x1.5 vs. cavalry
Siege Attack: 54

Unique Technologies
Woomera- increases all ranged infantry attack (Age I 220 Wood 75 Coin)
Dilly Bag- Settlers gather coin faster (Age I 145 Wood 145 Food)
Yam Farms- Settlers gather from Mills faster (Age I 275 Wood 115 Coin)
Totem Dance- makes the Aboriginals be able to be trained at barracks or Blockhouses (Age I 425 Wood)

Maori
Maps Available: New Zealand
Australia
Units Available: Taiaha Staffman
Rakau
Imu

Maori are the inhabitants of New Zealand and descendants from Peloponnesian settlers. The Mari were stationary people being farmers and fisherman. Art was a high place in the culture and tattoos were considered a sign of rank. The Maori built fortresses in warfare called Pa, and their way of warfare was completely different to the British. The Maori did openly have mars like the British and they have come to be known as the Musket Wars. Maori were strange in that they hardly ever used missile weapons, preferring to use hand-to-hand combat.

Taiaha Staffman- Although the Taiaha looks like a spear in almost all regards, it is really a staff weapon, although it did have a pointed end. Taiaha are around five feet long, or one and two thirds meters long. Taiaha are a good counter against cavalry.

Cost: 65 Food 65 Wood
Resists: 30% ranged
Siege Attack: 32
Siege Range:0

Rakau- a Maori warrior that uses a two handed weapon made of sharpened whalebone. The Rakau is slightly curved, and is used as a double-handed weapon is Maori fighting styles, being classes as a heavy weapon it is used only by the strongest warriors. Rakau are very deadly if they can get in close range.

Limit: 12
Cost: 60 Food 85 Wood
Hitpoints: 160
Bonus: x2 vs. hand infantry and cavalry

Imu- The Maori Ballistae, it was used for tree felling purposes originally, but then was adapted to warfare as a siege weapon. Several men manned the ballistae and when the large arrow had been pulled all the way back, it sped through enemy ranks, decimating them. Imu are artillery good against other artillery and infantry.

Cost: 225 Wood 300 Food
Hitpoints: 160
Resists: 20% artillery
Bonus: x1.5 vs. infantry x2vs. artillery
Range: 22
Siege Attack: 64
Siege ROF: 5

Unique Technologies
War Haka- Maori units train faster (Age I 75 Food 75 Wood)
Hei-tiki Pendant- Infantry HP increased (Age I 120 Coin 95 Wood)
Ta Moko Tattooing- Settlers build faster and coast 20% less (Age I 250 Coin 250 Wood)
Maori Village Fortifications- Ships A Pa crew that builds a Maori Fortress for you, this one can’t be controlled by your enemy, but can be destroyed. (Age I 500 Wood)

Well, there you have it and I hope you liked it. Feedback is welcome, and I value your opinions. Also I worked hard on this so I would like some replies.

Cosmopolitan? Check.

[This message has been edited by Yamato Take (edited 02-18-2006 @ 10:17 AM).]

Replies:
posted 01-28-06 12:53 PM EDT (US)     1 / 38  
Wow. Those are some great ideas. ES should definetly read this. I especially liked the map parts (i havent read the tribe parts yet).

I have sugestions for the Ganges map. Coming from Bangladesh, I should know about this river as its delta makes up my whole country. The Ganges map should have a lot of water with control of the water crucial (not as much as Amazonia though). As you said it should be high resource, but one main resource should be fish. This area had an abundance of fish and that would be good to have the fish. This map would be a bit similar to Amazonia though, although it would be my favourite to play on .

I already thought of one of the tresure guardians, tigers.

posted 01-28-06 10:45 PM EDT (US)     2 / 38  
What, no Bedouin or deseter wanderers in North Africa?

Jolly good ideas, though. Maybe you could include the Zulus in the Congo map too, but just very rarely (like the Cherokee in New England map)

posted 01-29-06 07:44 AM EDT (US)     3 / 38  
It would be cool if for the Asia maps you could have the Chinese or Japanese as civs with home cities and that.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )This is bunny. Copy bunny into your siginature to help him on his way to world domination!
_.+._
(^\/^\/^)
\@*@*@/
{_____}
posted 01-29-06 10:31 PM EDT (US)     4 / 38  
Or here's another idea, the Tarahumara of Mexico. They'd have a scout unit, but a really fast one...that group is known for their fast runners. Maybe 2x Scout speed? Sorry I can't come up with all the stats....
posted 01-29-06 11:20 PM EDT (US)     5 / 38  
HEY! Why not add the Huns as a civ., or the Nazca, or the Romans, or... oh wait, didn't all of those civilizations disspear before the TIMELINE!!!

I really have nothing against the Toltec or Aymara, but they just weren't even there at the time of colonization. I am very sure that ES isn't planning on adding civilizations that don't cut it for the whole deal, just think, these are the natives that were beat by the natives of this game. Why would I ever want to include the beaten of the beaten.

posted 01-30-06 02:35 AM EDT (US)     6 / 38  
Very, very cool ideas. I was worried that there would be limited possibility for the Australian tribes as far as weapons and warriors go, but you made up for them pretty well. Quite impressive.

Oh, and why not feature the Navajo or Crow? I was disappointed in AoEIII to see both tribes reduced to Scout names. And do we really need another native settlement for Great Plains?

posted 01-30-06 04:34 AM EDT (US)     7 / 38  
I really like these ideas, but I believe you forget that native techs are first available in Age II, not Age I.

Keep up the good work!

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Welcome to Life, your vacation from nothing.
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
posted 01-30-06 07:02 PM EDT (US)     8 / 38  

Quote:

HEY! Why not add the Huns as a civ., or the Nazca, or the Romans, or... oh wait, didn't all of those civilizations disspear before the TIMELINE!!!
I really have nothing against the Toltec or Aymara, but they just weren't even there at the time of colonization. I am very sure that ES isn't planning on adding civilizations that don't cut it for the whole deal, just think, these are the natives that were beat by the natives of this game. Why would I ever want to include the beaten of the beaten.

Actually they were there, they had been reduced to small cities and not their former glorious nations, but they were there. The last Toltec city was conquered by the Spanish and as the Incan Empire fell the Aymara rebelled against the weakened empire, only to be conquered by yet again the Spanish.

Quote:

Oh, and why not feature the Navajo or Crow? I was disappointed in AoEIII to see both tribes reduced to Scout names. And do we really need another native settlement for Great Plains?

I considered adding Navajo and Crow, but decided they would be too much like other Native Civs. And I like the Hopi better than the Navajo.

Quote:

I really like these ideas, but I believe you forget that native techs are first available in Age II, not Age I.
Keep up the good work!

I'll check on the Native Techs being in Age II.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 02-04-06 06:26 AM EDT (US)     9 / 38  
Yamato--

The native tribes you mentioned are fine but most were covered in AOK (AOE2) with the conquering of Aztecs, Mayans and Incans. The Plains Indians come later in time... mostly post-Civil War. They are included in AOE3 because of the Campaign.

The game is moving FORWARD in time... not backward! 8-)

Major Native tribes encountered by European settlers in the New World in alignment with the game's time frame are as follows:
Mohican; Mohegan; Mohawk; Cherokee; The Algonquian Tribes (allied with the French in the 'French & Indian Wars'); Iriquois; Yamasee; Pequot; Narragansett, Wampanoag; Ottawa; Delaware; Seneca; Chippewa; Miami (Ohio...not Florida); Potawotomi; Huron; Shawnee; Mingo; Chickasaw; Seminole; Winnebago; Sauk & Fox and the Creeks. In the Alaskan frontier, you'd find the Inuit but only dealing with the Russians. The Cleveland Indians did not appear until the 20th century.8-)

Some of the famous native leaders of this time were:
Tecumseh; Powhatten; Pontiac; Black Hawk; "King" Philip and Tuscarora

Famous Indian Wars: War of the Powhatten Confederation; the Pequot War; Yamasee War; King Philip's War; the Pueblo Revolt and Pontiac's Rebellion. There was also a war fought only amongst the Native tribes called, "The Beaver Wars" that lasted for 70 years (1630-1700) and caused the extinction of many Native tribes.

Pontiac's rebellion brought about the earliest known "biological warfare" when the British 'gave as gifts', blankets and handkerchiefs known to be infected with the smallpox virus. This decimated the Shawnee, Mingo and Ottawa tribes as well as caused the deaths of hundreds of colonists. In another case, British traders handed the Natives a small tin with instructions not to open it untill they returned to their villages... The Natives followed instructions and found a strange brown powder within the tin. Shortly afterward, an outbreak of smallpox consumed the villages.

The Winnebago must have been a lovely bunch. When the Ottawa sent a delegation to promote a trading agreement, the Winnebagos ate the delegates! Oh Yummy!!

As for Africa... MOST European adventures there would be a major step backward! The majority of European involvement in Africa was in the gathering of slaves and missionary work. Not too exciting!! Exception being South Africa and Egypt. You primarily limit yourself to the Dutch and British, however.

Australia and New Zealand, as well as Asia, would be nice but you would GREATLY limit the playability as so few European nations were truly involved.

Yes, I realize that the Ottomans are in AOE3 but merely because someone found a way to strangely stick it into the Campaign. When I saw Ottomans, my first reaction was WTF??!

Remember that this game is truly about European discovery (exploitation) and not a lesson in World History as a whole. The Civilization and Cossack series of games are what you are looking for... not AOE!

AOE is unique and needs to stay that way... that's why I've followed the series since working as a playtester for Microsoft some six or so years ago.

[This message has been edited by mrrags1 (edited 02-04-2006 @ 06:29 AM).]

posted 02-04-06 09:23 AM EDT (US)     10 / 38  

Quote:

Pontiac's rebellion brought about the earliest known "biological warfare" when the British 'gave as gifts', blankets and handkerchiefs known to be infected with the smallpox virus. This decimated the Shawnee, Mingo and Ottawa tribes as well as caused the deaths of hundreds of colonists. In another case, British traders handed the Natives a small tin with instructions not to open it untill they returned to their villages... The Natives followed instructions and found a strange brown powder within the tin. Shortly afterward, an outbreak of smallpox consumed the villages.

If you've ever been on ESO you'll see that smallpox blankets were almost never habded out to Indians. It was just a myth. And you greatly get too technical about tribes. This is an X-pack and if ES was going to include all of those major tribes why didn't they? These tribes are included to balance out the maps more. And for African colonization here's a map of the land claimed by various nations.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 02-04-06 10:06 AM EDT (US)     11 / 38  
yamato--

Quote:
Yamato wrote:
"If you've ever been on ESO you'll see that smallpox blankets were almost never habded out to Indians. It was just a myth."

(I've been a member here since 2000 and you?)
Anyway, my good man, when did ESO become an expert on "blankets handed out to Indians"? Check out history books and research done by experts in their field before believing ESO. If you'd like some scholarly sources, I'd be more than happy to share them with you. There is one especially good one with detailed analysis of some 240 native tribes, their language groups and their culture.

Besides, saying that, "...smallpox blankets were almost never handed out to the Indians" is much like saying, "atomic bombs were almost never dropped on Japan"! 8-) Or was that a "myth" as well? 8-)!!

As far as Africa... A 'claim to land" is NOT the same as colonization. Few, if any, attempts at colonization in a real sense were ever made aside from those areas I mentioned. You have colonization confused with Imperialistic takeovers and oppressive control of the local inhabitants. Colonization means setting forth for new growth and expansion with your own peoples in a new land. Most European claims were for either slaves, converts to Christianity or the exploitation of natural resources and not at all for the establishment of a colony. Also, a majority of these "claims" were made in the 15th and 16th centuries but where were the colonies built?? Where are the European cities in Africa??

[This message has been edited by mrrags1 (edited 02-04-2006 @ 10:13 AM).]

posted 02-04-06 10:41 AM EDT (US)     12 / 38  
Ok, then those were the colonization. And I don't really see your point about the blankets. You can either stop arguing with me and insulting my idea, or you can leave this thread. Its that simple.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 02-04-06 11:03 AM EDT (US)     13 / 38  
Lol. mrrags1 has been here for six years with a total of thirty posts. Nice.

Anyway Yamato, I'm amazed yet again with the job you've done on this I'm actually so impressed that this is sigged .

Oh, one thing though. I think Australia and New Zealand could be put into one map. Maori and Australian Aboriginals were known to travel across the sea. Terra Australis would be an uber name

★★★★★
posted 02-04-06 11:07 AM EDT (US)     14 / 38  

Quote:

Terra Australis would be an uber name

Lol. Yes it would, but mabey it would be too uber.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 02-04-06 06:22 PM EDT (US)     15 / 38  
"Tibetan Dzong- Stables gain an attack like an outpost (Age I 415 Wood)"
That would be the best for Russians. Now we get attacking barracks and stables.

Very good ideas. I agree with the first replier: ES should consider your ideas.

"Nothing is ever stolen, it's only permanantly borrowed."-Me

"All who surrender will be spared; whoever does not surrender but opposed with struggle and dissension, shall be annihilated."-Genghis Khan

More Genghis Khan quotes here.

posted 02-04-06 08:04 PM EDT (US)     16 / 38  
I like your ideas. Perhaps there should also be "Pacific Island" maps, with people such as the Fijians and Samoans. Of course, they'd have outrigger war-canoes and maybe even the large "double-hauled" ones. Other ideas? Clubmen. And maybe techniques for building cheaper buildings.

I'm sorry I can't come up with the details the way Yamato can.

~Ra'akone

posted 02-04-06 09:02 PM EDT (US)     17 / 38  
All of your natives are overpowered, imo. Maybe that's not really bad, because every civ can build trade posts, but I would'nt like it.

Quote:

Asia- the Asian natives will be the strongest out of all of the continents, because they have the most advanced fighting skills and weapons. (Nootka have clubs, Tibetans have metal axes.)

That does'nt make sense, imo.
Some american natives had metal weapons, too.
And, more important: The Aztecs e.g. had a unique society (system) which was entirely made for one purpose - war.
Every single (male) child born had to go to a military school where it had to learn fighting and tactics.
They were always at war (at purpose, heard of the flower wars?) Even the ball games and other games they had (table games) were for training purposes.
So how could a peaceful tibetan beat a jaguar knight? With a machine gun, maybe. ~_~
posted 02-04-06 09:39 PM EDT (US)     18 / 38  
Your criticism is tolerated, but Tibetans were no pacifists. If you've ever heard about hoe fierce they protected Tibet from the Mongols and Chinese, you'd know what I was talking about. Tibetans were perhaps the only Buddhists that fought frequently, the Dop-Dop fighting monks being a specially high trained group, and if you had a Tibetan warrior monk in full armor and with various weapons that has trained as much as, or more than the Jaguar Knight, monk hands down.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 02-05-06 03:57 AM EDT (US)     19 / 38  
yamato--

So much for the "freedom of speech", eh?? 8-)

Your ideas are nice but lack substance and from a gamemakers point, they lack enough playability to satisfy the majority of buyers.

shalaLOL--

Some people have other things to do in life besides making 3 or 4 innane posts per day. Others... do not.

posted 02-05-06 09:02 AM EDT (US)     20 / 38  
I don't see your point on anything really and I'm sorry if I came out rude but if you could politely list your constructive criticism, then I wouldn't argue with you and make canges based on your views.

If you absolutely hate this idea you're free to make your own native races, but by your reaction to Shala, I wouldn't count on it.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 02-08-06 06:56 PM EDT (US)     21 / 38  
Just noticed you compliment Shala, and thanks!

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 02-11-06 11:40 PM EDT (US)     22 / 38  
I like your ideas alot, but it should be for AoE 4. Colonizing Asia, Africa, etc. would add much content to the game and take away from the general theme of AoE 3.
posted 02-12-06 00:01 AM EDT (US)     23 / 38  
nice work, liked all of them but a lot of the americans because their are already a lot for them. and asian, african, ect. colonialization is a great idea because many european countries also colonialized those regions around the same time period of aoe3

*dances insanely so that i don't miss another closed thread*
This is bunny with a gun, FEAR HIM. . . . to the EXTREME!!!
(\__/)
(O.o )#____ * * * * *
(> < )#
posted 02-12-06 01:20 AM EDT (US)     24 / 38  

Quote:

What, no Bedouin or deseter wanderers in North Africa?

I agree, I think the Bedouin would be great addition in and Africa expansion.

Quote:

Colonizing Asia, Africa, etc. would add much content to the game and take away from the general theme of AoE 3.

Huh? The theme is colonization.

An excellent amount of work in this topic, I especially like the Apache Wolf Warrior and Inuit Dog Sled. Watching the movie Shaka-Zuku has really interested me in them as well.

posted 02-12-06 08:53 AM EDT (US)     25 / 38  
Shaka was a great leader. And I'll researcc up on the Bedouin. How would you people like to see Korea as a native civ?

Cosmopolitan? Check.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Future Robot, Bonfire, Windstorm, and NewToy Games Forum » Native Civilizations for the AOE3 Expansion
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames