You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Future Robot, Bonfire, Windstorm, and NewToy Games Forum

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Age Of Empires IV
posted 07-31-06 06:10 PM EDT (US)   
well with alot of spare time on my hand and alot of ideas i decieded to make my own idea for an age game the next one. I would also like to say that my history is not that good so there is alot missing that i need help with. so here goes

contents
I. intoduction
II. ages
III. nationss
IV. buildings
V. units
VI. game concepts
VII. copyright

intoduction

well this game is set in a 150 year time set starting in WW1 and ending in future. i start in just before since its more practical for game reasons. it is very hard to srart before ww1 with all that industrial power and much easier to start wit nations shaterd and at breaking point. as the game goes on war will eventually start for what resources there are left. so prepare.

ages

I. post war

after the end of WW1 you start with only your capital city (building) and your workers. you are lockedinto peace with all other nations. this age lasts quite along time since advancing to the next age would be unwise unless prepared.

II. WW2

upon advancing to this age you are imeadiatly are forced to attack a nation. you are now classed as axis. from the war all aliances will trigger and the nations are split into axis or allies and are then locked into war. it will end with the building of an A-bomb by the allies.

III. cold war

in this age you get acess to a whole range of new units such as spies and diplomats in this age groups are yet split again based on forms of government. you must wait for the ideal time to declare war.

IV. UN

during this time it is majorly economic but building military is essential for the last age. depending on how well you fared in previous ages just managing to reach this age could be a god send since war is more complicated due to UN and f you have completly fallen flat on your face ten you get to recieve donations from other countries.

V. oil crisis.

in this level all oil sources are normally gone and yuo have to fight over unhabitable icecaps they become unmineable in age 3 due to resrictions until this age so all civs will have to fight over them

nations

when i deceided on the nations i based it mainly on WW2 powers so many nations like middle eastern ones would have to wait for an expansion.

your in for a suprise since differences in nations are going to be kept to a minimum (just incase ES deciede to make want the game i don't want balance issues) also i would like to makesure that the diferences are just made in the game and not predefined.

Gemany
well this nation gets a production bonus to start
UU's.
storm trooper
panzer

USA
the usa starts with little but has an economic growth to help them do alot of booming.
UU's
(help i don'y no much about us)

Japan
japans troops are very loyal so they lose health slower.
UU's
kamakazi
(help again)

commonwealth
these were sturdy defenders and morale was high like japanise with a strong navy. so they get reduced ship costs and extra HP.
UU's
spitfire
SAS

italy
well not to good on italian history

china
not really playing a big part in WW2 but kept in because i can see them being a big future power.

soviet union
well heres another big one i nearly forgot. theses people start with alot of workers but are sadly not to good at working (not offence to anyone its just for game purposes) the are however good at running and get terrian bonuses when doing work.

again help needed

buildings

before we start i'll rate prices of units and buildins on 1-5 5 bieng expensive. don't think if a builing and a unit are both 1 they cost the same because the don't.

the roman numeralls after the name are what age they appear in.

well the buildings i want to keep it simple so here we go.
basic
city 4 I
like a town center workers and trades are built here

capital city 5 I
like a city excpet has trade bonuses and ships things

military

barracks 1 I
all infintary man or machine are made here.

factory. 3 I
for tanks vehicles and anything on the ground that looks like well a car.

airport 3 II
for things that fly

docks 2 I
war ships get made here aswell as fishing boats and trade ones

acadamy 4 II
if you want a good army then theis is the place to upgrade you are only allowed one. we also train your UUs here

economic

market 3 I
upgrade stuff here

farm 1 I
you collect food on it

oil derick 3 III
built some where when garrasoned it collects oil

tree plantation 3 III
garrasoned it collects wood but at a slow rate

collection

capital and city

mill 2 I
workers put the food the collect from farms here

lumber mill 1 I
workers put the wood the collect from trees here

defensive

turret 1 I
defense from land sea and air who wouldn't want one. it is weak though and easy to destroy

mine field 2 I
now no one will get past your mine field unlss they detect it.

bunker 2 I
well with bombs falling everywhere you need somewhere for troops and workers to hide.

acadamy 4 II
5 bunkers with 5 turrrets on top with upgrade abillity who woukdn't want one

wall
keeps things out

units

well units ive split this into buildings to train the from. since all units get a line of uprgrade.

barracks

infantry 1 II
where would we be without these they have high attack but are weak very cheap though and to be used on mass. they beat mortars and artlillery.

mortar 2 II
these guys should be kept beind to attack dificuly machine guns. they are fairly good at tanks when usen en mass

machine gun 3 II
these guys are bad they cost alot but mow down everything in range they to have set up time of 3 secs though.

snipers 4 II
they cost alot becuase of time to train but they are worth it taking out all barracks troops in 1 shot is worth it. they do however take 5 secs to set up and 3 secs to reload between each shot (depends on upgrades).

factory

tank 4 II
the armour beats all ground units excpept mortars and artillery.

artillery 5. II
these guys cost as much as a building but boy are they worth it. think of aoe3 monitors special attack, think aoe2 trebs and well you have this all it has is its special bombarment it take 25secs to reload and 10 sec to set up and pack away. it fires 5 rounds into an area building or troops and when i hits can devestate.

APC 3 III
moves troops

airport

fighter 3 II
beats bombers

bomber 5 II
bombs targets

choppers 3 III
these are mainly used against infanty

transport choppers 4 III
to move troops

docks

battleship 5<destroyer 4<sub 3<battleship 5 all II
offcourse in the correct numbers these will also use the same pricing as buildings

aircraft carriers III
holds aircrafts and troops

fishing ship 1 I
catches fish

trade boat 2 I
you send them to other docks to trade

capital city/city

worker 2 I
builds and collects resources

trader 3 I
goes to and from resource pits, markets, citys, capitals and docks.

spy 4 III
can spy on what the enemy does only gettting dtected by other spies.

dimplomat III
in the UN they help favour you they can also plant fake evendeince for spies

game concepts

vitory
there are various ways to win which is how i like it

1. basic destroy all other nations

2. space race in oil crisis you can build a space dock there you can slowly build parts until you complete you own space race

3. if you build an earth neutrilizer in age V you will win (like wonder race)

4. dimplomatic you win this by bieng most favoured by the UN in age IV this goes on many factors:
government is yours the fairest
do your people like you
how much do you donate to others

pre war alliances

before WW2 starts you will have to make aliances and pacts

alliance
when you attack someone they must attack aswell

pact
if attacted the other must attack the atttacker

alliances are better than pacts so if your ally attacks someone you have a pact with you must attack the person you have a pact with.

they should all thread togethor when one person gets to WW2 and choses who to attack.

aging

when one person reached the 2nd age everyone advances however they imeadiatly have the price taken away from them unless they allready were on the way to getting there.

then you must chose a form of govenment. the good like democracy and free speech for the allies who get happier workers this is pretty much useless until age4.

the axis get commnunism and facism which make wokers less happy but they work alot faster this helps alot going into WW2.

WW2

in this era there is constant war untill the allies have built an a bomb to do this they must first build a lab then garrason it with as many workers as they can and slowly it will build the bomb if it isn't defended though it could be back to sqaure 1. so watch out

cold war
when aging you get the to choose between all 2-8 (depending on the numberof players) governments then you get put on sides according to that. there are 4 for each side and you get to choose one depending on succesful you were the last age.

here its all about spying and dimplomacy you can send spys to check out what units the enemy has or dimplomats to the UN which appears in the midddle of the map the more spies you have the more can uncover stuff like units and buildings. the more dimplomats the more likely you are to discover info like what units are trained and what upgrades there are.

if you deciede that you can win the war then attack but chances are you will not be to succesful unless to act very fsat this will also almost certainly ruin your chances of dimplomatic.

to get out of this age one player just need to pay the price to upgrade.

UN

in this age you must choose fair government if you do not all nations will be at war with you. also attacking one nation means all nations excpet allies are at war with you.
as explained earlier this is your only chance to win diplomatic. to get out someone just needds to pay the age fee

oil crisis
hopefull through the last 2 ages you have either won or built up enough to win now because its now an FFA everyones at war all oil is gone and now apears where the UN was oils stock piles will run out for all excpet the one who controls the middle.

rescources

food
you can get this through hunting and farms

oil
you can get this through oil dericks

wood
get it from trees and tree plantations

coins
now coins is different you can only get this from trade i had planned for a mine and a garrasonned bank but this way is alot more interesting

basically if you were wondering what the trader does it collects from one stock pile and takes it to another. fro exaple if your villages are collecting wood then a trade cart can set up a route from that to the market then each time a cart got to one place it would get coins.

now say you joined the market to a city then the city to the capital then that to the UN you could be earning huge amounts. if you haave trouble croosing sea then use the trade cog.

upgrades
upgradse are done in the acadamy for millitarry and are bsicaly the same as they would be in aoe2 with a bit more. like clips means snipers reload less. upgrades for the troops as a whole is done in the place there made for example to upgrade infantry to mech infantry you need to research it.

markets upgrade gather rate, worker speed and other things.

capitals

they ship things which you will get in your deck which i made of 40 card with 200 to choose from all unlockable at the start so there are levels but only to show how much you have played.

when shipped the thing if its materail will come out of the capital and be ready to be used. all citys are collected to your capital by road so seding troops couldn't bee easier. the maps are very large infact a single player map will proably be the same as a 3 player one in aoe3.

i really do love big maps

what i wanted this game to be
i wanted the game to be a nice slow paced game that a rush would work as with all stratergies but at the same time a system where germany and america could be on the same team. there would be action all the time. it would be very complicated in all the systems it had but really an age veteren would see it and say it was actually very easy it just seems complex.

it should be a new type of game where each age is infact a whole game within its self with new challnges as in building a house if you were to have no foundations if u don't sell it fast you'll have gambled and lost this is like this game and the rush. each age is a game but based upon the last. its full of suprises you could have allmost killed someone then be on the same side as them.

i think many would enjoy it

well i want to add alot more and i will so ask alot of qeustions about the many systems and suggest ideas to improve i will write your name down and thank you

copyright
this should not be coppied by anyone or used to make a game without the authors permission.

i would like to thank

Scenarios I have made
Single Player-: CAMPAIGN - Christmas - Forest River RPG - Total Freedom
MultiPlayer-: Castle Blood Automatic - Mafia Hitman - Warrior Defence
ESO = sandstorm....................................................................................."I won the bet on 1.04!"

[This message has been edited by gunner1 (edited 07-31-2006 @ 08:20 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-31-06 09:46 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2  
The aging is not good, let me explain.

I have 100 resources, the enemy has 1500, aging takes 1000 resources.

The enemy spends 1000 of his hard earned reoucres to age, i get charged too, but since i only have 100 resources I lose less than he did, and I get an (discounted) age up.

It's not efficient, It almost makes it a good thing to not have many resources until the enemy clicks the age up button.

You can't charge me 1000 resources if I only have 100.

Please give me your opinion on the Fall Of Mankind!!! Ultimate Zidane Video

Glory To the revolution!!!

O=[[[[[[[]]]]]]]=-------,
Get Hooked

[This message has been edited by King_Ali_Skahir (edited 07-31-2006 @ 09:55 PM).]

posted 08-01-06 07:50 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2  
i had thought about that and i would just let it go into a negative figure which could almost destroy someone. as you said if you get -900 then it will take ages to recover.

anyway you have a very good game idea yourself.

Scenarios I have made
Single Player-: CAMPAIGN - Christmas - Forest River RPG - Total Freedom
MultiPlayer-: Castle Blood Automatic - Mafia Hitman - Warrior Defence
ESO = sandstorm....................................................................................."I won the bet on 1.04!"

[This message has been edited by gunner1 (edited 08-01-2006 @ 08:04 AM).]

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Future Robot, Bonfire, Windstorm, and NewToy Games Forum » Age Of Empires IV
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames