You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Future Robot, Bonfire, Windstorm, and NewToy Games Forum

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AoE3 - The Māori civilization, four Oceanic maps & 2 tribes
posted 03-21-08 02:30 PM EDT (US)   
The Maori were much more powerful than people think. I have crafted a Maori civilization for Age of Mythology which fits in well, though I need help with the hero system for them.

I am starting to make one for Age of Empires 3 as a main civ, along with the Tongans and Rapanui as minor tribes.

I'll put the Age of Mythology civ somewhere soon, when I finish it, but I need help with the AoE3 civilization & tribes.

MAORI
Flag:

Leader:
Hone Heke

City:
Tribal Council, but named Tauranga

Infantry:
Taiaha - Base Maori infantry, armed with a Taiaha or quaterstaff.

Tao - Armed with a huge spear for fighting horsemen and hunting game.

- Armed with a musket, the pū can use stealth for a deadly ambush.

Pou-whenua - This heavy club made of whalebone can shatter the weapons and armour of most footsoldiers.

tara - Carrying a pistol in each hand, this warrior should prove fairly effective against most units

Cavalry:
Hoiho - Fights on a stolen horse using a heavy coral club.

Kaieke - Wielding a paddle-like weapon while riding an escaped horse, this warrior can destroy artillery.

Artillery:
cannon - While intended to be fixed in one place, this cannon has been adapted to move to where it is needed.

Ships
Fishing boat - Gathers food or coin from fish or whales.

Canoe - Weak in combat but easy to mass.

War canoe - Quite powerful and relatively cheap.

Waka - More powerful than war canoe, but more expensive. Can train infantry.

Buildings:
War hut - functions the same as the Sioux, Aztec and Iroquois war hut, except is more expensive and can train cavalry.

- Similar to a fort, the Pā trains war hut units as well as the Māori Pā cannon.

House - A house.

Town Centre - Town Centre.

Au - Cheap but strong walls.

Dock - For traveling the sea.

Marae - Build around a Town Centre to increase its attack, hit points and allow it to attack even without a garrison. Also functions as a fire pit.

Market - A marketplace.

Trading post - For trading.

Farm - Task villagers to gather food or coin, or livestock to faten faster.

TONGANS (tribe)
Warriors
Tongan Clubman - Fighting using a wooden club inlaid with pearl-shell and ivory, the Tongan Clubman can defeat most units with no range.

Technologies
Tongan Carpenters - The great skill of Tongan craftsmen makes all of your blockhouses, outposts and war huts have bigger LOS, range and attack.

Langi burial hills - Your hero will come back after being knocked unconscious as soon as he regains 1/4 of his health, even if there are no friendly units near him.

Tongan tattoos - The intricate Tongan tattoos increase the HP of all of your infantry and cavalry.

RAPANUI (tribe)
Warriors
Tangata Manu - One of the most adventurous and powerful of warriors armed with a long staff.

Technologies
Rapanui chicken houses - food from fish, animals, and herdables is gathered faster.

Rapanui craftsmanship - Master stoneworkers give all of your buildings more hitpoints.

Rapanui tunnels - Units with the stealth ability cost less.

MAPS
New Zealand (New Zealand)
Tribes: 0
Trading Post Sites: 5
Routes: 2 (2, 3)
Description: Two islands, the southern island is bigger but holds less treasures. All players start on the northern one. The southern island has a trade route with three post sites, while the northern island has a trade route with only two.

Isla de Pascua (Easter Island)
Tribes: 1 per player - Rapanui
Trading Post Sites: 4
Routes: 1
Description: One island, rich in wood and coin with a trade route running around the coast. There is little food except the fish and bird's eggs on the tiny outlying islands.

Navigator's Islands (Samoa)
Tribes: 2 - Tongans
Trading Post Sites: 4
Routes: 1
Description: Two islands fill most of the Northeast and Southwest areas of the map. A trade route runs across the islands - even over the strait in the middle. Most of the wood lies in the treasure filled southwestern island, while the coin and food is mainly limited to the northeastern island.

Friendly Islands (Tonga)
Tribes: 4 - Tongans
Trading Post Sites: 0
Routes: 0
Description: A chain of islands runs from north to south, the biggest in the far south. It is very difficult to establish a well-equipped base using just 1 island, save the southernmost of the group, so sea travel is essential. There are no trade routes here.

[This message has been edited by NotInvolved (edited 03-22-2008 @ 06:50 AM).]

Replies:
posted 03-21-08 03:36 PM EDT (US)     1 / 13  
Hm......... seemms pretty good! I see some of your stuff came from Wikipedia (just read it myself). This gonna be a mod or something?

Scenarios: Worldmap Series I: North America, Worldmap Series II: Caribbean, The Wasteland

Editor of: Orissa, Kill the Sun, Bathe in Hate

Current Projects: Fog of War, Island Hopping
posted 03-21-08 03:42 PM EDT (US)     2 / 13  
Yeah, some of this is from Wikipedia.

I'm not much of a modder, so I'll probably need someone else to actually make the mod, but if I can get anyone to help me, then I will help them as much as I can along the way.
posted 03-21-08 04:53 PM EDT (US)     3 / 13  
Count me out for the triggers/new units But I could do some map work for you, if it comes to it.....

Scenarios: Worldmap Series I: North America, Worldmap Series II: Caribbean, The Wasteland

posted 03-21-08 04:55 PM EDT (US)     4 / 13  
I've been learning how to mod and I'm in the process of making an outline for a Hawaiian civ. Maybe if I actually finish we can team up? My mod would include:

Hawaiian major civ.
Samoan natives.
MAYBE Tahiti natives.
And two maps probably.

I'll post the outline in about two days.
posted 03-21-08 05:12 PM EDT (US)     5 / 13  
I know how to use GenieEd1 and 2, but I think AoE3 uses a different game engine

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
posted 03-21-08 05:22 PM EDT (US)     6 / 13  
K Bits, I can't wait to see that!

posted 03-21-08 11:15 PM EDT (US)     7 / 13  
I like the idea of of Maori civilization, just one thing give the Maoris some form of trenches and bunkers because they used trench warfare against the British during the land wars and make ranged units use a patu for melee
posted 03-22-08 06:44 AM EDT (US)     8 / 13  
@KrakenBits - Yeah I think we could work together on this. Did you think of the Paniolo as a cavalry unit for the Hawaiians? Its basically a Hawaiian cowboy. Also the Samoans might be too similar to the Tongans as they were a part of the same Tongan empire.

@Tonberryking - I think trenches are a good idea but I don't know how to incorporate them into the game. Also the Patu is a good idea.
posted 03-22-08 10:07 PM EDT (US)     9 / 13  
Trenches good be something like an upgrade for the pa and could increase damage done by garrisoned units or u could hav a trench fort
posted 03-24-08 07:37 AM EDT (US)     10 / 13  
Or the War Chief could build trenches which are invisible to enemies and can attack. When a spy or explorer goes near them, they become visible and destroy them.
posted 03-24-08 08:00 PM EDT (US)     11 / 13  
posted 03-25-08 07:55 AM EDT (US)     12 / 13  
The war canoe is just because of the War Canoe used by the Sioux, Iroquois and Aztecs in the War Chiefs. I couldn't go straight to the Waka after the canoe because the Aztecs don't go straight to the Tlaloc canoe after the canoe.
posted 03-30-08 11:09 PM EDT (US)     13 / 13  
This sounds more for a mod rather than an expansion

Alvaro_qc

██ Building texturer of Revolutions Any help is welcome, if you want to help go here.
██ Auxiliar of WOTTA
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Future Robot, Bonfire, Windstorm, and NewToy Games Forum » AoE3 - The Māori civilization, four Oceanic maps & 2 tribes
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames