You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The 8 Civs! (UnConfirmed but 90% Likely)
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12  Next Page »
posted 01-27-05 05:56 AM EDT (US)   
The CIVS AS I Beleive it Stands, Gathered From all Tidbits of Info found on sites, Concept Art, Etc.

British, French , Spanish , German , Dutch , Portugeiuse , Italians , Japanise.

Reasons for the Civ's

British French + Spanished = Confirmed.

Portugeuse + German = Flags Seen. Portugaul Also Played an Important part in the new world, in collonising South america.

Japanise = Concept Art. + Coz That Japnise empire dood, Japan were once a world power like Britan in this time period. Conquered everything and was influenctial untill the peral harbor incident.

Italians = The Paypaycey, Cant have an Age Game Without it. So this is basicly 110% confirmation to a certain extent.

Dutch = Unconfirmed with no evidence, But People Are Talking Far and Wide that the Netherlands / Dutch will be in the game.

What do you Think?

PS2MAN
The Mythod Clan Burns To Ashes
Long Live The Phoenix!!!!
Phoenix_PS2MAN an Norse Wars Expert

Currently Recuriting Experienced NW UK Players.

[This message has been edited by nifty_PS2MAN (edited 01-27-2005 @ 08:15 AM).]

Replies:
posted 02-18-05 06:33 PM EDT (US)     276 / 295  
"1st point: Read about the game, mate. They are in it, but none of them will be playable civilisations. They are tribes you can ally with or destroy."

Thanks for the info. I have been trying to find information about the Native American concept but have come up empty handed. Just vague references in interviews. It is a shame that they will only be allies in the game.

I like the idea of the USA being playable as a splinter civ from Britain but I agree, I doubt it will be in this game and will probably be held back for an expansion pack...(good marketing sense.)

posted 02-18-05 06:38 PM EDT (US)     277 / 295  
They will definitely be in the exp. pack, but I doubt they'll be in the original game.

And it's NP, just trying to help

As for the natives, I think it's a great concept. Their playability would be limited (if not fun to start with) due to their obvious technological handicap at the start of the game.

But, ES have said you can build native units (and possibly structures) if you get to ally with them. And as the French can apparently do this easier, they will probably field alot of Indian units quite early on.

This will be a cool advantage

A good tip, Jakes_Button, is simply to read the interviews ES have given to date. The links for most of them can be found on this forum. And welcome to AOEIII Heaven

A lot older, though no wiser.
posted 02-18-05 11:00 PM EDT (US)     278 / 295  
wonder how many native tribes their will be
certainly the aztecs, mayans, incans, sioux, iroquios will be included, but who else
posted 02-18-05 11:56 PM EDT (US)     279 / 295  
Chances of the USA being in AoEIII as a civ: More or less nil. ES would want fairly unique civs; having a civ identical to the British would be pointless. Besides, we are dealing with European Nations with Old World Home Cities.
Chances of the USA being in the expansion: Very slim indeed IMHO. I think there’s more of a chance of seeing Japan in the expansion, especially if Asian colonization is explored, than the United States.

The Poles do sound interesting, but I think a Nation would need at least one New World Colony, even if only a small one, to be included. Still, you never know. Did the Poles have the capacity to colonise?

posted 02-19-05 07:07 AM EDT (US)     280 / 295  

Quote:

The Poles do sound interesting, but I think a Nation would need at least one New World Colony, even if only a small one, to be included. Still, you never know. Did the Poles have the capacity to colonise?

Yes, they did, but it happened right at the very end of AOE3's timeline - in the 1850s, in Texas.

However, they contributed quite a bit throughout:

http://www.pgf.cc/heritage/poles_in_america.htm

Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.
posted 02-19-05 07:56 AM EDT (US)     281 / 295  
I wouldn't mind seeing the Poles or the Japs in the game. It would add diversity, and add something new once a player has perhaps mastered the more straightforward civs - France, Britiain, Spain, etc.

I think civs such as the Dutch, Portugese & the Danes/Swedish or the Polish would certainly add some depth.

And I would love to see winged Hussars

posted 02-19-05 10:03 AM EDT (US)     282 / 295  
The Poles might have had some importance, but there's at least 10 civs which have priority over them.
posted 02-19-05 10:07 AM EDT (US)     283 / 295  
As unlikely as it is (as you say, some have priority) I'd love to see the Papal States in there somewhere.

Imagine the cool stuff you could receive from Rome

That and all the religious bonuses you'd naturally get.

And the Swiss Guard would be a cool unique unit - the Vatican Army.

posted 02-19-05 12:56 PM EDT (US)     284 / 295  
wrong thread

CHEAP TRICK
WAT A BAND

[This message has been edited by vikesrule1234 (edited 02-19-2005 @ 12:57 PM).]

posted 02-19-05 01:33 PM EDT (US)     285 / 295  
swedish are likey because they said in the campion you start of as a swedish guy and the russians did have colonys in the new world.
posted 02-19-05 01:38 PM EDT (US)     286 / 295  
I thought you started off as a Joch?

posted 02-19-05 01:39 PM EDT (US)     287 / 295  
I think there are quite a few nations that could easily be in here - most old world states had many people immigrate to the
Americas. Of course there are a few which are the most important - colony wise. ....But we already know them ones.

I'd love to see the Scots and Ireland, just so I can recreate some wars in Britain, but hey.

Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.
posted 02-19-05 03:47 PM EDT (US)     288 / 295  
in the campaign u are a scot not a swede

but don't expect scotland to be in the game
you'll probably be more british oriented

CHEAP TRICK
WAT A BAND
posted 02-19-05 04:48 PM EDT (US)     289 / 295  
Yeah, I was sure you were a Scot:

Quote:

I thought you started off as a Joch?

LOL, they should get 'The Big Yin' to do his accent

But, no, they won't be in the game. Seen as we have the 'British' confirmed as a civ.

posted 02-21-05 07:24 PM EDT (US)     290 / 295  
who cares if its a Britsh Dominated campagin?

It adds to the realism for that era

PS2MAN
The Mythod Clan Burns To Ashes
Long Live The Phoenix!!!!
Phoenix_PS2MAN an Norse Wars Expert

Currently Recuriting Experienced NW UK Players.
posted 02-22-05 06:21 AM EDT (US)     291 / 295  
The Scottish colonised America and it would be great if they were in it but very unlikely
posted 02-22-05 06:24 AM EDT (US)     292 / 295  
Hello!

Quote:

Holand. From what i know they played a bigger part in trade than colonisation but they were still very strong and should not be left out.

Well, with exception for their colonies in the west indies and north america, they colonized indonesia.

Quote:

Portugal. There have been so many coments on how much importants they had that i think there is no need for me to coment more.

They`ll probable be in because of Brazil.

Quote:

The Sweden/Denmark.

Both had colonies but during this period (17,18th century)Sweden was stronger (siege of Copenhague in 1658 ). I think Swden is slighly more likely to appear than Denmark, but most probably they will be left out. That`s a bit sad.

And BTW, why must everything be concentrated on the colonies. The 30-years war gives a lot of stuff to play in Europe. Perhaps in an X-pack...
/Capa

posted 02-22-05 08:31 AM EDT (US)     293 / 295  

Quote:

And BTW, why must everything be concentrated on the colonies. The 30-years war gives a lot of stuff to play in Europe. Perhaps in an X-pack...

Yes, I know the feeling. The wars of religion, English Civil War, Eighty Years War, Thirty Years War, Dutch War, Swedish-Russian War, Nine Years War, War of the Spanish Succession, War of the Polish Succession, War of the Austrian Succession, Austro-Ottoman Wars, Seven Years War, Revolutionary Wars; there's really no end to interesting wars in Europe in this period...

Still, I can understand how that model doesn't fit well with the traditional "Age of ..."-starts. And remember, by concentrating on one aspect (colonisation), we'll get a much more detailed game. Warfare in the colonies might have been similar to warfare in Europe, but it wasn't entirely the same.

Kor | The Age of Chivalry is upon us!
Wellent ich gugk, so hindert mich / köstlicher ziere sinder,
Der ich e pflag, da für ich sich / Neur kelber, gaiss, böck, rinder,
Und knospot leut, swarz, hässeleich, / Vast rüssig gen dem winder;
Die geben müt als sackwein vich. / Vor angst slach ich mein kinder
Offt hin hinder.

[This message has been edited by kor (edited 02-22-2005 @ 08:33 AM).]

posted 02-22-05 01:52 PM EDT (US)     294 / 295  
Hello!

Quote:

And remember, by concentrating on one aspect (colonisation), we'll get a much more detailed game.

I hope so.

Quote:

Warfare in the colonies might have been similar to warfare in Europe, but it wasn't entirely the same.

Feels like a small scale version of the same thing to me.
/Capa
posted 02-22-05 03:24 PM EDT (US)     295 / 295  
As this thread is still going, going, going, see my post, number 80, for my take on it here=> http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=1&tn=21014&f=1,,0,30&st=70

Phoenix-TheRealDeal, Proconsul, Co-Founder (9Aug03) & former Co-Consul, Phoenix Clan;
previously known as:
tonto_real, Co-Founder (13Mar00), 1st Emperor, & Patriarch of the old Tonto Clan.
Visit Phoenix Clan at www [dot] phoenixclan [dot] biz
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » The 8 Civs! (UnConfirmed but 90% Likely)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames