General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Music in AOE III
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 07-04-05 02:28 AM EDT (US)   
Just listened to the music samples at Ensemble Studios site. It is ok, nothing more. It sounds too much like background music in my opinion. But then both AOE and Age of Kings had mediocre music.

I would really like to hear more distinct music something similar to the quality in WarCraft II. Music that you could listen to on its own because it is just great – not the typical elevator type music that is in Age of Empires series.

I mean, the AOE series has always had good graphics and great gameplay. It would be great if the music could match the other parts of the game.

Replies:
posted 07-04-05 02:51 AM EDT (US)     1 / 43  
I don't see a problem with the music. And I don't really know what you mean by typical elevator style music either.

♥-0
posted 07-04-05 03:30 AM EDT (US)     2 / 43  
I would also like some more music like the music in BFME, that music really was great and gave you a glorious feeling, it really made battling much more spectaculair and they didn't only used film music but also their own composed game music, and those selfcomposed numbers with an orchestra were really great and fitted in it very well.
posted 07-04-05 04:55 AM EDT (US)     3 / 43  

Quote:

And I don't really know what you mean by typical elevator style music either

I think it's music that is there simply to make thing exciting ('lift' the mood & excitement).

I don't have a problem with the music, though -- I'm playing the game, so I don't mind if the music slides into a background noise , rather than a major feature.

posted 07-04-05 06:09 AM EDT (US)     4 / 43  

Quote:

It sounds too much like background music in my opinion

it is background music

posted 07-04-05 06:56 AM EDT (US)     5 / 43  

Quote:

more distinct music something similar to the quality in WarCraft II

*blinks*
warcraft2 had music?

Bah.
posted 07-04-05 07:04 AM EDT (US)     6 / 43  
Am not really bothered. Will probably download/hack the game anyway, and the ripped version never has music anyway...
posted 07-04-05 07:56 AM EDT (US)     7 / 43  
1. then you cant play online
2. no music on hacks?
posted 07-04-05 08:01 AM EDT (US)     8 / 43  
Those samples in the news, allegedly new are about one month old
posted 07-04-05 12:23 PM EDT (US)     9 / 43  
I think those music samples are great... I even have them in some of my playlists despite their small size.

Quote:

Music that you could listen to on its own because it is just great

I do that with the music from the entire AOE series actually... I'm looking forward to purchasing the soundtrack for this game (if they come out with it... they should as AOM had one).
posted 07-04-05 12:35 PM EDT (US)     10 / 43  

Quote:

Will probably download/hack the game anyway

tsk tsk, didn't'cha read the coc?

Bah.
posted 07-04-05 12:52 PM EDT (US)     11 / 43  
About time to post a sticky about "no cracks, trainers, etc" here...

Anyway, I agree that AoE3 music ain't good. The intro music is just an awfully modified version of the AoK one, which rocked. Speaking of that, I disagree that the tracks for the previous two games were "mediocre". Not all of them were good, but they did have some nice ones.

[This message has been edited by Duan Xuan (edited 07-04-2005 @ 12:53 PM).]

posted 07-04-05 01:08 PM EDT (US)     12 / 43  
they were actually ok for me. at least a 7/10 maybe even an 8/10.

however, music in Battle for Middle Earth is just great compared to this though. (well, its practically the same from the movies so enough said)

the music isnt bad. i could listen to it on its own.

and no way is it elevator music. elevator music is always super quiet, bad classical. sometimes some oldies too. but never exciting like AOE3 music is.

posted 07-04-05 02:47 PM EDT (US)     13 / 43  
But also their selfmade own composed backgroundmusic is far more better than this. Their selfcreated music fitted very well in the LOTR theme and were very glorious and spectaculair and nice to listen. They really made you to enjoy the game much more while listening to such great music. So why can't ES just get a good composer and orchestra to compose some great music for AoE3 as well if EA also did it for BFME?
posted 07-04-05 03:02 PM EDT (US)     14 / 43  
I think the music is really great

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
posted 07-04-05 03:09 PM EDT (US)     15 / 43  
I wouldn't worry about music, I'm sure theres a ton.. thats just a small taste of it.

posted 07-04-05 10:53 PM EDT (US)     16 / 43  

Quoted from Talon Karrde:

warcraft2 had music?

Ichbinian
Oldie from RTWH!
posted 07-05-05 08:43 AM EDT (US)     17 / 43  
Backround music is supposed to be ---background--- music.

Look at Warcraft 3. It actually has awesome music, but you forget the melody after you turn off the game. But back in, you can listen to it for hours and it doesn't disturb. The same applies to movies, imo. Good music supports the visuals and doesn't battle with them.

That's why some people don't find the soundtracks appealing.

I think that the music could be quite good this time. It is fully orchestral and sounds good imo. You can't have LOTR music in a historical game after all...

[This message has been edited by arnitald (edited 07-05-2005 @ 08:46 AM).]

posted 07-05-05 08:47 AM EDT (US)     18 / 43  

Quote:

Am not really bothered. Will probably download/hack the game anyway, and the ripped version never has music anyway...

We will miss you. Don't bother to write.
posted 07-05-05 11:21 AM EDT (US)     19 / 43  
I like the music in ES games...
posted 07-05-05 11:31 AM EDT (US)     20 / 43  

Quote:

You can't have LOTR music in a historical game after all...

of course not, but at least they can try to make their music of at least the same or even better quality and the same glorious which even makes it much better to play the game and gives you an extra cool feeling. They can do that in a style that fits in very well in this time period.

posted 07-05-05 12:48 PM EDT (US)     21 / 43  
The movie Batman Begins, the powerful... babammBBAAAMMMMMMMMMMM! You know that strong powerful very low octave stuff.

Black Isle, ummm... before Icewindale, the start where you add points to your Character, I mean the start before the game start... geeezzzz... sound from low then slowly it builds up, uP, UP!!

[This message has been edited by KingOfTheHill (edited 07-05-2005 @ 12:54 PM).]

posted 07-05-05 05:27 PM EDT (US)     22 / 43  
Lets have a quick poll! Who thinks the AOE series theme music is good?

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
posted 07-05-05 05:31 PM EDT (US)     23 / 43  
I do,It could be worse.
posted 07-05-05 06:24 PM EDT (US)     24 / 43  
If you'll notice the video starting from the upper right, Rise & Fall's music sounds like it's going to be some of the best orchestra-epic sounding music we could ever hear.

But I do like what I've heard of AoE3's music. It still needs more of that "epic" sound to it however. Too many spots in the music that sound "midi-ish".

~Lysimachus - Former HG Angel for Rise & Fall Heaven || Was RaFH Game Info Admin || Proud Member of HG since 1998

[This message has been edited by Lysimachus (edited 07-05-2005 @ 06:27 PM).]

posted 07-05-05 10:28 PM EDT (US)     25 / 43  

Quote:

Well, you may get a hacked version, but you sure as heck won't be doing it on this site.

Have a nice ban.

Also, just a note to everyone else, don't mention cracks. Ever. Period...yeah.

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Music in AOE III
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames