You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Never mind the Dutch! The French voice-over needs serious revising!
posted 07-05-05 02:23 PM EDT (US)   
Seems to me ES should quit worrying about the 'ruiter' thing and get cracking with that ridiculously flawed French over. I seriously don't see the 'Dutch' problem anyway -why write a 5 paragraph blog entry on a simple pronunciation issue (on a single word) that can be solved in 5 minutes?

Can it really be THAT hard or time consuming to correct the French voice over? Especially when considering that the French market is perhaps ten times larger than the Dutch market -is it not worth it?

Perhaps ES has already sorted out the issue. In that case I apologise, and please close this thread down.

If not, DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE FRENCH VOICE-OVER. AS IT STANDS IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

Replies:
posted 07-05-05 02:31 PM EDT (US)     1 / 25  
But the dutch are ten times more popular then the french. No other country is that impopular.
posted 07-05-05 02:33 PM EDT (US)     2 / 25  
Don't confuse the French and the English please -that's the final indignity.
posted 07-05-05 02:34 PM EDT (US)     3 / 25  
The Dutch are irritating! (Especially on Belgian festivals!) They can't stand decent beer!

Anyway, since I speak a word French also I would like to have it correct.

I am the chosen one.

[This message has been edited by Osiris the great (edited 07-05-2005 @ 02:35 PM).]

posted 07-05-05 02:50 PM EDT (US)     4 / 25  
You expect us to have respect for a people that thinks Duvel and Jupiler are decent beers?? :/

All Hail Giant Squid World Domination
posted 07-05-05 02:53 PM EDT (US)     5 / 25  
nothing wrong with english, but many french dont speak english and play online.

the blog wasnt about 1 word.

Quote:

pronunciation issue

it wasnt pronuncation.

Quote:

I seriously don't see the 'Dutch' problem

then look better
posted 07-05-05 02:56 PM EDT (US)     6 / 25  
*dances in closed thread

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • posted 07-05-05 02:56 PM EDT (US)     7 / 25  
    Not Duvel en Jupiler. Palm, Hoegaarden, Guezue, Grimbergen, Stella. Heineken is water...

I am the chosen one.

posted 07-05-05 03:01 PM EDT (US)     8 / 25  
    You guys are just sooo nice.

posted 07-05-05 03:17 PM EDT (US)     9 / 25  
    deadly_cookydog don't be such an idiot, the French are far more disliked than the English. Just because you hate England so much, doesn't mean everyone else does.

[This message has been edited by HC Dragoon (edited 07-05-2005 @ 03:18 PM).]

posted 07-05-05 03:18 PM EDT (US)     10 / 25  
    not to mention the Americans

I am the chosen one.

posted 07-05-05 03:43 PM EDT (US)     11 / 25  
    Guys, this is an international gaming forum. National pride is all very nice. Wanting your language to be correct in-game is all very nice. But it is completely unacceptable to abuse this forum for petty, nationalist trench warfare.
    posted 07-05-05 03:46 PM EDT (US)     12 / 25  
    oh no, the germans are telling us not to start wars :P

looks like this is going nowhere

posted 07-05-05 03:53 PM EDT (US)     13 / 25  
    Ok, this has gone too far.

[This message has been edited by Elpea (edited 07-05-2005 @ 03:53 PM).]

posted 07-05-05 03:54 PM EDT (US)     14 / 25  
    i think the cows "mooo" sounds dutch they should fix that too. lol!!!!!!
    posted 07-05-05 04:02 PM EDT (US)     15 / 25  
    I would be surprised if ES does not have linguistics take a final look at the various voice overs.

And if deadly would like someone to pay attention, perhaps writing a thread similar in tone to the Dutch one, might be better received.

posted 07-05-05 04:31 PM EDT (US)     16 / 25  
    I just wanted to add a little canadian flavour to this forum.

Our beer is delish. :P

posted 07-05-05 04:49 PM EDT (US)     17 / 25  
    *reists urge to post 'french military victories' picture*

And cooky, no one cares if it's correct, as long as it sounds French with stuff liek "We, we, monsieur," then most people will be satisfied. Now shut up and go moan about this to people who care.

~Ãû$tïñ Powrs~
    INTERNATIONAL MAN OF MYSTERY
    Coolness:
    Smartness:
    Sexyness:
    posted 07-05-05 04:49 PM EDT (US)     18 / 25  
    I want the english in this game to sound like pirates! Arr Matey!

posted 07-05-05 04:50 PM EDT (US)     19 / 25  
    Scurveeeey! Make 'im walk the plank!

~Ãû$tïñ Powrs~
    INTERNATIONAL MAN OF MYSTERY
    Coolness:
    Smartness:
    Sexyness:
    posted 07-05-05 04:51 PM EDT (US)     20 / 25  
    French voice overs are always funny. It makes no difference to me whether they pronounce it this way or that, I'll skip it either way.
    Schildpad, I thought that was very funny about the Germans, but he is right. Where are you from? And I like being hated anyway, it's a way of life nowadays.
    I could write a few dozen pages on stupidity in France and various other nations (including USA) right now but I don't choose to because I don't want to have to start a war (though it would be kind of neat to go down in history).
    Hey mister Canuck, hows yous guys doin up thir? Butcha know yer beers nothin tee irs, nosireebob. Lol. I haven't even tried our beer (or yours for that matter), but I couldn't help it.

I Criosta Iosa ar Thiarna agus Slanaitheoir,
    Alec C. Sutton
    "Whatsoever thou doest, happens."
    posted 07-05-05 04:53 PM EDT (US)     21 / 25  

Quote:

I want the english in this game to sound like pirates! Arr Matey!

I actually had a laugh at that.

posted 07-05-05 05:00 PM EDT (US)     22 / 25  
    On a DvD ES said that their games sell best in France and Germany!So I think the french voices should be correct!
    posted 07-05-05 05:05 PM EDT (US)     23 / 25  

Quote:

oh no, the germans are telling us not to start wars

I was one person last time I counted, and not 90 million people. And you are not a nation either, schildpad. You are just one individual like the rest of us, and you're fully responsible for your actions in here as an individual forumer.

But actually you've got a point, schildpad. Germans know pretty well from their historical experience that it is a very bad idea to start wars.

Ingo

posted 07-05-05 05:08 PM EDT (US)     24 / 25  
    I wish we could say that mister Ingo; but we all know that it depends on WHY you start wars.

I Criosta Iosa ar Thiarna agus Slanaitheoir,
    Alec C. Sutton
    "Whatsoever thou doest, happens."
    posted 07-05-05 05:10 PM EDT (US)     25 / 25  
    You guys should grow up, really. I mean look at all of you going around, the Dutch suck, the French suck, the English suck, the Americans suck. Oh wow, saying a country is bad/inpopular/sucks makes me so cool. More than anything it just shows you have no ability to have a good, mature conversation. And one doesn't need to be 25 years old to have them.

If you want to discuss politics and nations, please go to another forum and do soo. And yeah, even those forums won't involve people saying how other countries suck.

Do this again and I will take action for disruptive forum behaviour. And this goes out to most posters in this thread.

closed,

Kumar

Can you do the Double Yoda?
    A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
    Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Never mind the Dutch! The French voice-over needs serious revising!
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames