You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: When is AOE3 released in other countries?
posted 09-24-05 10:37 PM EDT (US)   
Europe, Asia and Australia for me? I'm wondering whether it would be quicker just buying it off ebay and shipping it? Normally game developers give out official release dates after it has gone gold.
Replies:
posted 09-24-05 10:50 PM EDT (US)     1 / 16  
I think the order is USA, Europe, Asia, and Australia (but this is just a guess).
posted 09-24-05 10:53 PM EDT (US)     2 / 16  
ES was aiming for a worldwide release, but evidently this isn't the case. Some European countries are getting it in November (i think). lol, it seems like the aussies are always the last to get their games. :P

I live in Asia and the game will be in stock on the 18th of October =))))

posted 09-24-05 10:53 PM EDT (US)     3 / 16  
i am also waiting for INDIA release date.
posted 09-24-05 11:25 PM EDT (US)     4 / 16  
It would be nice if they told their customers the official release dates. Most 3rd party sites are just speculating.
posted 09-24-05 11:29 PM EDT (US)     5 / 16  
And here in Brazil ? When ???
We will have a brazilian portuguese version
posted 09-25-05 01:06 AM EDT (US)     6 / 16  
bump
posted 09-25-05 03:14 AM EDT (US)     7 / 16  
i think Aus is getting is in Nov, don't quote me since i asked EB games and they know jack all most of the time.
posted 09-25-05 05:43 AM EDT (US)     8 / 16  
That's ridiculus if it comes here in November. You would think ES would have given the dates already
posted 09-25-05 05:49 AM EDT (US)     9 / 16  
www.gamesmarket.com

rofl they have release date as 3rd october. eat that americans!

but all the other Australian online game shops say 28th october.

posted 09-25-05 05:58 AM EDT (US)     10 / 16  

Quote:

but all the other Australian online game shops say 28th october.

Yeah but they had that date there before ES were ahead of schedule and decided to release it early for the US.

posted 09-25-05 06:00 AM EDT (US)     11 / 16  
what so AoE3 is out on the third?
posted 09-25-05 06:03 AM EDT (US)     12 / 16  

Quote:

what so AoE3 is out on the third?

No that was obviously a mistake and shows how misleading some of the online stores are.

posted 09-25-05 06:21 AM EDT (US)     13 / 16  
Due for release on 04/11/2005

that's on Play.com UK

posted 09-25-05 05:24 PM EDT (US)     14 / 16  
I posted this in another thread, but here's how the system works:

1) We finish all the bits that go on a CD. This is called "going gold," because the release CDs used to be gold. I think they are red now.
2) Microsoft starts churning out copies of the discs, printing the boxes, and putting them altogether. This is the part we are at right now (as of Sep 25).
3) Boxes of games are shipped out to retailers. This is called release to market. It should happen on or just before Oct 18. On AOM, they actually beat this estimated date by 10 days. I'm told that's not going to happen this time, but we'll see.
4) Retailers get their games and put them up for sale. This is were a lot of variance is introduced. Some companies will get their copies quickly and sell them right away. On AOK and AOM, some retailers had product on shelves before the release to market day. Big box stores might have to send trucks to their big distribution centers first, which could slow them down. They also don't tend to get games as fast as smaller, specialty stores do. This is called "street date." I'll state one more time that this date is quite variable.

We are still releasing around the world on the same date, except for Japan. Japan typically runs a few months later. Whether your retailer is ready to fill orders on Oct 16 or Oct 25 or Nov 10 is really up to them and their distribution model.

When you start to see players post "I got my copy today!" messages, you'll see a lot of variation. Some guys in the same city will have it and others won't. Some countries will get it immediately and others won't.

posted 09-25-05 09:01 PM EDT (US)     15 / 16  
Okay that cleared up the shipping dates, thanks for the post
posted 09-25-05 09:52 PM EDT (US)     16 / 16  
Good post, thanks.
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » When is AOE3 released in other countries?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames