You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Worst Posible Card You Can Have In Your Deck?
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 01-14-06 10:36 PM EDT (US)   
What do you guys think the worst card you can posiblely have is? I nominate Dutch - TEAM 1 Envoy card, just cant imagine any strat that could involve it in anyway...
Replies:
posted 01-15-06 08:19 AM EDT (US)     26 / 55  
the one which lets every blockhouse train 5 strelets in industrial, thats like the most sucky card ever. 300 food is pretty useless, white fleet sucks ass. 11 corsairs is awful, as is 28 strelets in industrial.

Eso: scuzz
posted 01-15-06 10:42 AM EDT (US)     27 / 55  
I think itīs the portuguese explorer card. Every other "advanced explorer" card does something else apart from giving the guy some more hit points and a pet.

My blog, for WC3 and AoE3 strats and articles:
http://unjugon.blogspot.com/
My stats:
http://ratings.myllclan.com/prt/SA/1/TkC/unjugon.jpg
posted 01-15-06 10:48 AM EDT (US)     28 / 55  
Hmm... my only High level HC is with Portugal... So I'll make a list fo their worst cards (the worst cards of the game BTW)

TOP 10!!!
The worse Portuguese Cards:

• 10th Place:
    TEAM Brazilian wood

OMFG!! 1000 wood to crates all your teammates!!! And in Industrial!!!

You can build a Plantation with it!!! Really, it is sooooo good!!!!

Send it twice and you can research Bestieros!!!

• 9th Place:
    Bestieros

Tough its not a card by itself, this card tech deserve his own place in the Ranking!!! What should I spend my money??? 22 Guard croosbowman or 11 Black Riders??? *Click in the croosbowman*

Look, a Cannon!!!

*OWNED*

• 8th Place:
    Cheap Outposts

WOW! That card is amazing!!! Nothing better than reduce your 7 outposts price by 75 wood!!! Oh, look, and it is a TEAM card! Nothin can be better than have 30 Janissaries at your base and your ally suddenly ships this card! I can almost hear the Otto rusher screaming:

"Oh, no! He got cheap outposts! Run away!!! Lets send our cheap Trading Posts to counter it!!!

Next time, Ship 700 wood and build a barracks looser!

• 7th Place:
    Gunpowder units HP/Damage/Combat

OMG!

That card is soooooooo OPPPPP!!! I mean, while all civs get those cards in Colonial and Fortress, Portugal get them in Industrial!! Really man... if yuo can survive until Industrial, send the 2 Factories, 2 Heavy Cannons, the 2 Mortars, 7 Dragoons, 16 Musketeer, 11 Cassadores, 8 Halberdiers and 4 Organ Guns, those cards are the BEST CHOICE

• 6th Place:
    TEAM SUPER WALLS (or whatever it is called)

IT OWNS!!! PWNED!!!
    Waht can be better than adding + 1500 HP to your Walls???
    Thats almost 5 seconds longer against some Mortars!!

No, really, nothing can be better when your enemy try to destroy it with Culverins...

The only problem of AGE 3 is that the enemy units can shot trought the walls... I mean... why destroy it if you can Bombard all his base with Mortars???

Well... it works against a sheep rush... if you are fast o.0

• 5th Place:
    Early Dragoons

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!

Dragoons in the colonial!!! Who will let gone the chance of spend 900 food and 900 gold in 10 dragoons at Colonial!!!

Oh, man, really, It is almost as good as FF!!!

Have you ever tried a Dragoon Rush??? Just don't try against French... that F***ing coureur destroied all my army!

Well... they can do pretty weel against Colonial Cavalry Archers (wich, BTW, requires early Dragoons card)

• 4th Place:
    White Fleet

This card is the S***

Spam Fishing Boats!!! No, really, 12 or 16 Fishing boats in Industrial!! The only problem is to find some fish in the sea...

BUT they are soooooo many!!! I have almost destroied a Canoe with them!!

Thats the best card of the game when your enemy don't build a caravel and you make a 10 min. Fast Industrial!!

• 3th Place:
    Bandeidiots

OWNED!!!! HEADSHOT!!!! MO-MO-MO-MONSTER KILL!!!

This card ROX!! Wow!!! You can tame all the treasures of the map with them... the problem is that aren't much treasures at Industrial...

But think... You can build TCs 3x faster with them!!!
    MORE TCs!!! And kill 3 enemies with a shot!!! OMFG! that is less 3 Imperial Ruyters in a small army of 150!!!

• 2th Place:
    2 Covered Wagons

I'm without words... I mean, I's unbelivable what 2 covered wagons can do! I swear I've defeated an horde of 40 Cuirassiers with them!! And even better!! They can build... TCs!
    WOW!!! 6 Tcs Spaming settlers in Industrial!!! Maybe if ES change the settler limit to 150 people will realize how good it is...

• 1th Place:
    2 Extra TC (I don't even know the name)

PWNED!!!! IT ROX!!!! WHAT CAN BE BETTER THAN HAVE 6 TCs IN INDUSTRIAL!!! SPAM TCs AT YOUR ENEMY!! SPAM!!!

OMFG!!! WTF!!! You can send more 12 Minutmen!! I can see those cuirassier running:

"Run!!! He got Evil TCs with 1 HP Minutmen!!!"

I mean, what French player wouldn't change his 2nd Fort for + 2 TC build limit???

That's almost a GG!!!
    for you...

See? Port Deck OWNS!!!

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
    "Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.

[This message has been edited by Just a player (edited 01-15-2006 @ 07:31 PM).]

• posted 01-15-06 10:52 AM EDT (US)     29 / 55  
    the portugese explorer one is nice, it gives the spyglass +6 LOS as well. theres no other good card to send in age 1, might as well go around creeping like maniac and get a big early lead in resources.
    the most useless one has to be advanced artillery. it upgrades falconets to field guns and mortars to howitzers, might as well take the huge burden of 2 250/250 upgrades yourself, and actually send a useful age 4 card.
    posted 01-15-06 10:55 AM EDT (US)     30 / 55  
    Player, I semi-agree with those 10, however that post was so annoying to read

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    [][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
    [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    posted 01-15-06 11:04 AM EDT (US)     31 / 55  

Quote:

Really? I kind of enjoyed it .

posted 01-15-06 11:07 AM EDT (US)     32 / 55  
    lol player, portugese cards are unreal. what were es thinking when they said "lets give portugal MORE tc's in industrial, just incase 4 is not enough with a 99 wil cap" seriosly, wtf.

Eso: scuzz
    posted 01-15-06 11:07 AM EDT (US)     33 / 55  

Quote:

Really? I kind of enjoyed it .

Me too, it was hilarious.
    "PWNED!!!! IT ROX!!!! WHAT CAN BE BETTER THAN HAVE 6 TCs IN INDUSTRIAL!!! SPAM TCs AT YOUR ENEMY!! SPAM!!!"
    roffle

*eats everything*
    posted 01-15-06 11:13 AM EDT (US)     34 / 55  
    Someone from ES will be by shortly to tell us that the community just hasn't developed the 'Portuguese Wagon Rush' yet.
    posted 01-15-06 11:39 AM EDT (US)     35 / 55  

Quote:

lol player, portugese cards are unreal. what were es thinking when they said "lets give portugal MORE tc's in industrial, just incase 4 is not enough with a 99 wil cap" seriosly, wtf.

I thinking in creating a strat called "FI TC SPAM"

The point is too reach industrial at 10:00 min, and then send the 2 covered wagons!!! So, while your enemy has 1 TC, you will have 6!!!

The only problem is spend 600 food every 25 sec with settlers

Quote:

Someone from ES will be by shortly to tell us that the community just hasn't developed the 'Portuguese Wagon Rush' yet.

Maybe if you Spam 6 Tcs around your enemy base, and use the 1600 food and 1600 gold cards + colonial militia... hmm... you can have 132 minutmen for 3300 food and 3300 gold

I think when ES created the Portuguese Deck they were thinking that a Fast Industrial was a too OP strategy!! So they took off the portuguese settler cards, falconets, grenadiers, and about 50HP from the cassadores

ESO - Walker

[This message has been edited by Just a player (edited 01-15-2006 @ 11:40 AM).]

posted 01-15-06 11:57 AM EDT (US)     36 / 55  
    Besteiros really isn't crap in age 3 (in age 4, I'd pick the Nazgul too). In fact, you get veteran xbows, guard xbows and 22 xbows at once. that is worth 3760 resources, and you can ship it for only 2000, in age 3, without the need of 22 pop in advance. btw, besteiros > cassadores except for the beating of heavy infantry.

"One day, my quotes will stand in signatures"
    Sjonnie

Quod licet Iovi non licet bovi

posted 01-15-06 01:11 PM EDT (US)     37 / 55  

Quote:

5 Ronin vs. 15 cuirassiers ronin win with no casualties.

Nope. With proper management, you may put in a good hurting.
    Especially, in game, a horde of even slightly upgraded cuirassiers own.

ESO: oats
    ESO2: dirtyoatmeal
    posted 01-15-06 01:35 PM EDT (US)     38 / 55  

Quote:

Besteiros really isn't crap in age 3 (in age 4, I'd pick the Nazgul too). In fact, you get veteran xbows, guard xbows and 22 xbows at once. that is worth 3760 resources, and you can ship it for only 2000, in age 3, without the need of 22 pop in advance. btw, besteiros > cassadores except for the beating of heavy infantry.

What the hell are these Nazgul you can get in age 4?

Agreed on the Bestieros. You're getting Industrial age Crossbows in Fortress, and they're quite good at fighting infantry, especially light infantry due to faster rate of fire than Cassadors (which get no 2x bonus against light infantry). They also have more hitpoints than the paper thin Cassadors. If you make new Bestieros, 20 food and 60 wood is WAY better than 30 food and 90 gold.

I used them just yesterday and was very impressed. At one point all my Dragoons and Muskets died and I actually ended up taking out some 10 Cossacks with focus fire from my 25 Bestieros (most of whom survived).

The only thing I don't like is that they only benefit from a total of 2 Arsenal upgrades (one of which is from the Advanced Arsenal), the archer/hand infantry hitpoints (which gives them +10 HP for 160 total *sigh*) and military drummers, which makes them move at 4.4 and sort of enables hit and run action.

27 damage
    150 HP (20% ranged resist)
    3.0 rate of fire

Is better than:

26 damage
    85 HP (60% ranged resist)
    4.5 rate of fire

Last but not least, if you keep up with the mostly Food/Wood economy and make it to industrial (gotta try your hardest, for those 2 factories + engineering school card cannon spam) you can get 11 Black Riders for another 2000 wood.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
    posted 01-15-06 01:57 PM EDT (US)     39 / 55  

Quote:

What the hell are these Nazgul you can get in age 4?

Lol, Nazgul aren't units that you can get in AoE, they're just a character from the Lord of the Rings saga .

However, I believe that it would be a welcome unit in AoE. After all who wouldn't want to have a baby like this on their army: http://minas-morgul.one.pl/~witch-king/grafiki/tindomiel/images/nazgul.jpg

posted 01-15-06 02:02 PM EDT (US)     40 / 55  
    ^At last, we found the true counter to curs! Unless its a female rider on her cur. o_0

"Beware how you take away hope from another human being."
    http://ratings.myllclan.com/1/S/1/the_flying_tsar.jpg
    posted 01-15-06 02:18 PM EDT (US)     41 / 55  
    I think he is talking about the Black Riders

It Makes sense, doesn't it?

ESO - Walker

posted 01-15-06 02:51 PM EDT (US)     42 / 55  

Quote:

Player's post was easily the funniest post I've read in a long time. It had me laughing uncontrollably. Even better is thats its true.

Quote:

Especially, in game, a horde of even slightly upgraded cuirassiers own.

lol no. Ronin wtfpwn cav. I mean omg wtf pwn cav. I mean if you think upgraded cuirassiers can own ronin, then you need a wake up call.

I don't think any other unit matchup is more onesided that ronin vs cav. I've seen 5 ronin litearly kill 30 hussars in seconds.

[This message has been edited by Ceres629 (edited 01-15-2006 @ 02:55 PM).]

posted 01-15-06 02:52 PM EDT (US)     43 / 55  

Quote:

I think he is talking about the Black Riders

It Makes sense, doesn't it?

Well, the Nazgul ARE the Black Riders but, for some unknown reasom (), sometimes they prefer to ride those huge, flying Felbeasts instead of a common Horse... go figure .

[This message has been edited by Lusitanum (edited 01-15-2006 @ 02:53 PM).]

posted 01-15-06 02:55 PM EDT (US)     44 / 55  
    The worst card eh?... has got to be 'cheap outposts', that is completely useless.
    posted 01-15-06 02:56 PM EDT (US)     45 / 55  

Quote:

Player's post was easily the funniest post I've read in a long time. It had me laughing uncontrollably. Even better is thats its true.

What is more annoying in this phrase...is that you are right!!

EDIT: Got an idea, some1 create "the better card u can have in your deck" so i can create the French top 10 cards

Its true...

ESO - Walker

[This message has been edited by Just a player (edited 01-15-2006 @ 02:57 PM).]

posted 01-15-06 03:01 PM EDT (US)     46 / 55  

Quote:

Quote:

What is more annoying in this phrase...is that you are right!!

Even MORE annoying... is that I play as the Ports... who have all those cards... and those are just the 10 worst... imagine the rest of the list...

Excuse me, I'm going to hang myself, be right back.

posted 01-15-06 03:09 PM EDT (US)     47 / 55  
    why does white fleet sound so bad? i have never heard of it before, but if you were on a map and you had like 6 docks on carribean then that is 24 more food/ gold gatherers! If you had nothing else to send it would be ok i guess, but it does sound like a wasted shipment

Proud Author of the Guide to Booming/Turtling with the Dutch:
    http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=15,28760,0,10

Back to Age of Empires III after about 6 months off!

posted 01-15-06 03:13 PM EDT (US)     48 / 55  

Quote:

Advanced market????Wow I'm shocked at the noobness.That card is quite good for long games.

I guess that would make mokon and flammifer noobs then because they said it was useless too. Let's analyze this for a sec. 15 resources saved initially until you reach 0 saved after the 15th transaction. So if you traded resources one way, that would save you a whopping (1+2+3...+15) = 120 resources! This is as opposed to shipping resources worth 1600 in age 4 or just trading without the card. But you suck at math so the easier thing for you to do is just to label noobs.

[This message has been edited by MindMeddler (edited 01-15-2006 @ 03:22 PM).]

posted 01-15-06 03:41 PM EDT (US)     49 / 55  
    Advanced market is not a bad card, it is a great card that fails mainly because it requires a long game for it to truely be effective. Most boom civs get crushed long before the advanced market can make an effect. It is far from being a top card, but i disagree strongly with anyone who says it useless, i would take advanced market over every single one of those cards in player's top ten list.

If i can somehow figure out to find a way to get this card early and survive until late game, it's strength will be apparent. I'm still in the process of doing this.

The problem with it is that unlike resource cards it doesn't give you immediate benefit... in fact it hardly gives you any benefit until late game, by which time you may get owned by a rush by someone who chose 700 gold to FF or military shipments.

[This message has been edited by Ceres629 (edited 01-15-2006 @ 03:42 PM).]

posted 01-15-06 03:43 PM EDT (US)     50 / 55  
    THX just a player you made my day, that was just hilarious(sp?). I saved it for a rainy day on my PC

Could make a stiky topic where you just do that all the time

ON TOPIC: I think the cheap outposts

A fan and player of the AoE series since the launch of the original AoE

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading. (Henny Youngman)
    You tried and you failed miserably. The lesson is never try(Homer J. Simpson)
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. (Benjamin Franklin)

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
    Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Worst Posible Card You Can Have In Your Deck?
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames