Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Patch 1.08 Power Rating Decay
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 07-31-06 11:46 AM EDT (US)   

Quoted from Age Community:

Following the release of patch 1.08, players who have a Power Rating level of 26 or greater will be subject to our new rating decay system. This means that players who do not play a rated game within a set period of time will lose rating points due to their inactivity. The period of time varies so that players who are level 26-36 need to play one game every two weeks, and players who are level 37-50 need to play one game per week to avoid having their rating decayed.

Sounds like a good idea to me

Check out my YouTube Page!
ESO - LO12DS_Fry
Replies:
posted 07-31-06 03:23 PM EDT (US)     26 / 43  
im good with this, im 2 whole points from getting to 26, and im barely maintaining myself in level 24

oh, and btw, a problem might come up with lets say a level 40 who somehow got there and wanted to stop playing to keep his rank, would just have to noob bash once a week to keep his rank untouched.

ESO: Garlock
posted 07-31-06 03:37 PM EDT (US)     27 / 43  

Quoted from HoLyDraGoN:

Ourk mentioned on AgeSanct that if this PR Decay begins on Tue 8:00 GMT then patch 1.08 should be released at this time aswell =)

I'd love for that to be true, but what agecommunity says is:

Quoted from agecommunity.com:

Rating decay will take place on Tuesdays at 8:00am GMT

This seems to indicate that it happens every Tuesday, but not necessarily this coming Tuesday.

Having said that, I really hope you are right about that! Edit: He is right, patch tomorrow! Nice one, Dragon!

Strategies:
- BWKiC - A British Fast Fortress strategy
- The Aztec Scout Slam- An Envoy Rush, Native-Style

[This message has been edited by Beatnik Joe (edited 07-31-2006 @ 08:38 PM).]

posted 07-31-06 03:49 PM EDT (US)     28 / 43  
1. see boetnik joe's post, ratings get lowered every tuesday if you are inactive
2. this is a pure server-side update, i doubt they even need a restart for it. So maybe the patch will come, but i dont think so

"such a kind fellow!" ~ ķįŋğ_Ćħŗĩš_ĬĬ

Furby killer should be crowned leader of AOE forum ~ [SW_GD]Teutonic

posted 07-31-06 04:01 PM EDT (US)     29 / 43  
This might suck because of PR's static nature.

Greetings, I'm Synthax.
SirKT 2k+ clan
posted 07-31-06 04:10 PM EDT (US)     30 / 43  
Yay no more ff!
posted 07-31-06 04:13 PM EDT (US)     31 / 43  
This has nothing to do with ff O_o

I still hope the patch is tomorrow but I doubt it

[This message has been edited by CheleusMaximus (edited 07-31-2006 @ 04:14 PM).]

posted 07-31-06 04:37 PM EDT (US)     32 / 43  

Quote:

2. this is a pure server-side update, i doubt they even need a restart for it. So maybe the patch will come, but i dont think so

And you know this how?

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
posted 07-31-06 04:58 PM EDT (US)     33 / 43  
like stated above couldnt you just play some conscript in a rated game? that would still count, so the system isnt perfect i guess. For instance grunt could buy another copy of the game and run it on two pcs if he has two and then kick his new accounts ass every once in a while.

ESO: JarlNick

Want to talk OP? AOE3 Abus Guns at release were nightmares. But I knew how to take care of them! Beware my Culverins you artillery bastards! Oh wait...- MNBob

[This message has been edited by JarlNick (edited 07-31-2006 @ 04:59 PM).]

posted 07-31-06 05:08 PM EDT (US)     34 / 43  
Just read about this. Figures I'm at level 26 and that's the cutoff for rating decay. Oh well. Making it on once every too weeks shouldn't be too hard most of the time.

ESO: Steel_Reign

*Doles out the harshness*

posted 07-31-06 05:13 PM EDT (US)     35 / 43  
Nope, it won't be tomorow, I just asked Swinger. He said soon, but not tomorow. So either it won't be released on a tuesday at all, or just not this week's tuesday.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_

[This message has been edited by Brtnboarder495 (edited 07-31-2006 @ 07:25 PM).]

posted 07-31-06 05:17 PM EDT (US)     36 / 43  
Well, so much for Asgard's second account being a Field Marshal. Last time I looked, he hadn't played on it in a while (probably doesn't want it to lose Field Marshal status, my guess, but I could be wrong.)

Also, to the Captain that said he didn't want to become a Corporal: This only affects PR 26 and up. e.g. You can't drop below Captain. I'm glad it stops there b/c I'm also a Captain and school starts in 4 weeks. If not for the cap at PR26, I would lose ground quickly after school starts. Anyways, I really don't think someone Captain or below really loses that much in terms of skill for not playing in a while. This is because we don't have that much skill to lose. - lol - It doesn't seem that hard to become a Captain in the first place, imo. I was a Captain in less than 6 weeks after I started playing online and that was only something like 40 games, if even that. That said, I realize the rank moves faster when you first start playing with an account.

This sounds like a good idea, but I doubt it'll affect me that much, with the possible exception of me getting beaten badly by some former General who is ranked Captain only because they haven't played in a while.

I am an 1800. Oh, wait. 1800 stinks. nm.
posted 07-31-06 05:30 PM EDT (US)     37 / 43  
...-.-
First I stopped gaining points, now my rating is going to drop?
What in the world is this supposed to stop?

Bill: Bob, I see troops advancing.
Bob: Damn, I can't get my grenades to light. Get over here and block the wind.
Bill: Do you hear gunshots?
Bob: I'm running out of matches. Hurry up.
bill: They just shanked john.
bob: He'll be dearly missed. Now help me ligh-
posted 07-31-06 05:35 PM EDT (US)     38 / 43  
It's not supposed to stop anything - it's to make the rating system more accurate. If you don't play in two weeks you won't be playing as well as you were before you stopped playing, so PR takes it into account... what's wrong with that?
posted 07-31-06 05:50 PM EDT (US)     39 / 43  
All dear! I'm firmly against it. Well, this is life...
posted 07-31-06 06:36 PM EDT (US)     40 / 43  
This decay system also makes sense matchup wise. Obviously if someone doesnt play for like a month their not going to be playing all that well.

EDIT woohoo Patch tomorrow

We will be taking ESO servers offline at 1:00pm GMT (8:00am CST) while we roll out patch 1.08 and perform maintenance on the servers. Downtime is expected to be approximately 6 hours.

If you have any mods for Age of Empires III installed, it is recommended that you uninstall them before installing new patches.

Thank you for your patience as we work to bring this new patch online.

[This message has been edited by CheleusMaximus (edited 07-31-2006 @ 06:58 PM).]

posted 08-01-06 04:40 AM EDT (US)     41 / 43  
Just thinking whate were ES smoking when they came up whit this crap?

"Play once a week and we leave ur ratings untouched".

im so glad that i havent cared about my sub 36 rating for long tim now... im wonderin if es employees have ever holiday that is longer than 2 week, and not including playing? If you are at holiday for month in some other place, do you find out that your rating has dropped to 26?

ES screwed big time on peoples who might not be able to get play in week.(parents divorced,work,holiday,school and stuff)

Also if some player whit good rating (like 45) would keep pause to game, and come back like 2 months after, would it be fun to see "oh my rating goed back to 26", and would you really start to play it back there, or does he go to new game?

posted 08-01-06 04:54 AM EDT (US)     42 / 43  
Patch is tomarrow. All_Fallz_Down, how could Swinger be wrong? Or did you just make up what you said :P
posted 08-01-06 06:44 AM EDT (US)     43 / 43  
I like this idea. I haven't played in a long time and I think I've been a Captain for a while. I'll probably start playing again after the patch is out to see what's changed - looking forward to it.

"You cannot discover an inhabited land. Otherwise I could cross the Atlantic and 'discover' England."
- Dekhatkadons, Onondaga Iroquois chief.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames