You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Must be a hidden key remaining....
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 07-28-07 03:42 PM EDT (US)   
I am posting record games and I hope you will check them out and tell me why I'm a blasted corporal...

I've been playing this game tons over the last three months with hardly any improvement. I've read lots of articles... gotten advice from Lieutenants and even a Captain or two; used it. Tried everything that's supposed to make me better.... and it hasn't helped very much. (Maybe a little) I'm extremely frustrated as I have worked hard and seen very little results.

Here are two recs of me losing. (There are also two of me winning on here somewhere) If you guys would like, I would appreciate if some good players (the higher up, the better) would check them out. The first game I really played pathetic. The second game a little better. I'll try to post a few more... maybe 3 more or so so that you can get a feel for what I play like typically. I'm wondering if there is a big major thing that I'm doing wrong. (Maybe some economic factor that I've completely overlooked.) Because based on the information I know, it seems impossible that I can know all the right things to do, and still be a corporal, especially considering I've heard that there is a major gap between people even a few ranks away even at the top... so there must be something nobody has told me yet....

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=1443
I am British and do everything wrong. Get wasted by French.

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=1444
In this game I am Russian and lose to a lower ranked Spanish. I guess I don't have enough experience with Spanish to have a clue what to do.

A few more coming. Please help me if you possibly can. Thanks ahead of time.

I am a loser. But, aye, thou art more of a loser than I. Eye that for a time and ponder it touroughly.
Replies:
posted 07-30-07 03:48 PM EDT (US)     26 / 31  
50 points? eh... not a whole lot

No, that game was not recorded. It should've been.

Anyhow, yeah I may be getting somewhere with Sioux... but this game will get boring in a hurry if I only ever play one civ

Yesterday I almost beat a first lieut as Sioux.... I razed a couple blockhouses in age 3 while he was still in 2, but then something happened to my economy and I still don't know what it was.... and I just tanked.

but you need to learn how to micro to make 20 units seem like 100.
That link elite_zerocool sent me helps a lot. I never thought of some of those things.... I've tried to use them. I'm not having a lot of success with them... especially hit-and-run with crossbows.... it feels like they don't have any more range than muskets, so it doesn't help much if at all... (but maybe I'm doing it wrong)

That leads to a Sioux question I wanted to ask... I've never really noticed, but what kind of speed do wakina rifles have? They have sweet range which should make hit-and-run a good strat with them...

I'm envisioning sending in wakinas to attack; hit-and-running (target something like skirms or other infantry);having enemy cavalry chase them only to find I have a row of war clubs which the wakinas have overrun on purpose... that he didn't know was there.... might be a cool idea...

Btw, 20 units looking like 100 sounds like quite a chore.

I am a loser. But, aye, thou art more of a loser than I. Eye that for a time and ponder it touroughly.
posted 07-30-07 04:54 PM EDT (US)     27 / 31  
ahhh the brits a wonderful mix of love and hate. at least that is what i have experinced with them. but if you would like some tips and actually play a game then on eso add me to friends and well play a recorded game. btw im a 1st liet. also im 15th on the brit ladder
posted 07-30-07 04:58 PM EDT (US)     28 / 31  
hey coldsteel whats up!

quit bragging

I'll find out your british secret soon enough.

Lolocausts are fun.
posted 07-30-07 06:17 PM EDT (US)     29 / 31  
Ahh... hmmm... what is Microing?

Homer Jay Simpson
Just drinking another Duff beer at Moe's tavern
D'oh!
My Signature
posted 07-30-07 07:00 PM EDT (US)     30 / 31  
I've never really noticed, but what kind of speed do wakina rifles have?
It doesn't really matter what the base speed is, as long as the war cheif is there to boost it.

Retired GameReplays.org Senior Replay Reviewer
World Class Drum Corps International Mellophonist 2009
Proud Winner of "Best Newbie Award" BFME2H, a long time ago
posted 07-30-07 07:08 PM EDT (US)     31 / 31  
What it feels like, is it feels like my villagers gather slower than most....
I've had that exact feeling myself just a few weeks ago as Sioux. I took a break from playing and came back to realize that it was all in my head! The vils are fine! It was my confidence in the vils that was the problem.

You have to believe that the resources you gather for the strategy you are employing will be enough and that what you are doing will work.

agecommunity quote of the month Ok i have payed for this game for al my moneythat i get in a month so when i go online isee these 9 year old kids that beat me that have played for 2 weeks and i have played since release of vanilla so im pretty pissed of that es dosent want to do anything about the balance of the game.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Must be a hidden key remaining....
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames