Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: TEAM civ bonuses
posted 08-14-07 02:01 PM EDT (US)   
I noteced, in all the civ's cathedral, there is a TEAM improvement that makes things cheaper or improved, ie. TEAM Cheap Docks. Since I rarely see anyone use these cards, dont you think it would be better to have them as bonuses for the player's team, like in AoK?

Here they are, by civ-

Aztec- TEAM Cheap Fishing Boats: TEAM Fishing Boats cost less Wood
British- TEAM Cheap Docks: TEAM The Wood cost for Docks and Dock improvements is lower
Dutch- TEAM Cheap Market Improvements- TEAM Discovery Age Market improvements are much cheaper
French- TEAM Cheap Church: TEAM Churches, Mosques, and Field Hospitals are much cheaper and their non-advanced techs are also cheaper. Native Firepits become free
German- TEAM Cheap Stables: TEAM Stables and Corrals are much cheaper. Nobles' Huts are somewhat cheaper
Iroquois- TEAM Cheap Outposts: TEAM Outposts, Blockhouses, and War Huts are cheaper
Ottos- TEAM Cheap Trading Posts: TEAM Trading Posts are cheaper
Ports- TEAM Improved Walls- TEAM Wall hitpoints greatly increased ,OR TEAM Cheap Outposts- (See Iros)
Russians- TEAM Barracks Hitpoints: TEAM Barracks, Blockhouses, Nobles' Hut, and War Hut hitpoints increased
Sioux- TEAM Cheap Docks: (See Brits, this would need to be changed)
Spanish- TEAM Inquisition: TEAM Unit line of sight greatly increased

Note that the Sioux will need a new bonus, as they have the same one as brits. Suggestions for one are welcomed.

Obviously, this will change the game a LOT. Some of these seem OP, so any changes and suggestions with this are welcomed. I think some will have to be toned down a little, like maybe just a reduced wood dock for TEAM cheap docks instead of reducing all techs.

What do you think?

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. -George Patton

Bill Gates' empire's downfall shall be caused by a fruit!

If you are a Christian and not ashamed of it, copy this into your sig.

[This message has been edited by SupremeOverlord (edited 08-14-2007 @ 02:13 PM).]

Replies:
posted 08-14-07 02:06 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10  
aztecs do have one - team cheaper fishing boats

"You cannnot discover inhabited land , If not i could go and 'discover' England" - Iroquois Chief
posted 08-14-07 02:10 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10  
Ooops, i missed it since it wasn't in the Cathedral like the rest.

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. -George Patton

posted 08-14-07 03:38 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10  
There are more team upgrade cards than this. EG silkroad. Also Russians: TEAM cheaper priests.

Previously known as MoNo Ager

[This message has been edited by George_uk (edited 08-14-2007 @ 03:40 PM).]

posted 08-14-07 04:25 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10  
You miss at least half of the team cards, and those are used really often.

Team inf hp, teamp gunpowder inf attack, team cav attack, team cav hp iirc, etc. And also team zoo from the natives, team settler wagon, 3 villager, dog soldier, spahi, etc.

They are used as often

"such a kind fellow!" ~ ķįŋğ_Ćħŗĩš_ĬĬ

Furby killer should be crowned leader of AOE forum ~ [SW_GD]Teutonic

posted 08-14-07 04:32 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10  
Add these: team congesta wagons ( the team covered wagon ) and team teutonic tc

"You cannnot discover inhabited land , If not i could go and 'discover' England" - Iroquois Chief

[This message has been edited by Sjiniet (edited 08-14-2007 @ 04:33 PM).]

posted 08-14-07 06:06 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10  
team surgeons??? team cheap barracks??? yeah you missed 75% of the team cards

From a poster at Agecommunity (Talking about the 4 cow age up option):

"Only a noob like you doesn't realize how valueble it can be. That's 2000 food waiting to be gathered"
LOL
posted 08-14-07 07:07 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10  
I think you missed the point: all the cards he's suggesting be turned into bonuses are worthless. If cards like silk road were made into bonuses, Ottos would be instantly OP. I'd like to see these as team bonuses, since the cards are currently getting zero play.

Or just boost the cards.

The convoluted wording of legalisms grew up around the necessity to hide from ourselves the violence we intend toward each other. Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. You have done violence to him, consumed his energy. Elaborate euphemisms may conceal your intent to kill, but behind any use of power over another the ultimate assumption remains: "I feed on your energy."
-Frank Herbert, Dune
posted 08-14-07 07:34 PM EDT (US)     8 / 10  
aztecs do have one - team cheaper fishing boats
posted 08-14-07 09:31 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10  
Umm supreme, you might wanna check the only thread in the treaty discussions. Twinkee took credit for your post.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I heard distant forests all the time - CunniJA
I found my Jabra!
posted 08-14-07 09:46 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10  
Im not saying add all the TEAM bonuses, because they are military improvements or unit shipments. What im saying is these cards arent used, and they would add a new level to Team games, when you find a good combo of bonuses. Im NOT saying i want ALL team cards, because youd end up with all sorts of bonuses. The way im thinking of, is like in Age of Empires 2, each civ has a team bonus. For example, Playing with vikings made docks 25% cheaper. I think having these bonuses could balance civs by giving "weaker" civs, like ports or brits a good bonus that balanced them. IMHO, those bonuses made AoE2 so balanced, so why wont that apply to AoE3?

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » TEAM civ bonuses
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames