Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Downloads Section: News, Reviews, Requests
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6  Next Page »
posted 02-05-06 12:12 PM EDT (US)   

The Downloads Section: News, Reviews, Requests

News

10/5/06 - a new RMS script for y'all by RF_Gandalf, Gandalf's Random Land Map. A step ahead of ES!
19/5/06 - CaveTown releases the sequel to his campaign Roanoke, Roanoke 2: Mysteries of the Ones
14/6/06 - Botolf releases a nice FF scenario, Seige of Fort Niagara.
16/6/06 - a nice no rush RMS from schildpad, here.
17/6/06 - an awesome set of maps with observer mode enabled, from pftq.
06/2/07 - A very nice Advanced Triggers Set by pftq.
06/4/04 - A great New Editor2 Expansion Patch by kjn, and PureAlbino.
19/4/07 - HTML and BBCode are now enabled in the Download Section for “Description”.

Review Requests!

This thread has been created to help both designers and reviewers. This is mainly aimed for requesting reviews for random map scripts and single player scenarios. Requesting reviews here gives reviewers a base to work from and it prevents the downloads from being too clogged up with people requesting for reviews there.

Before you review a map please do read the Review Guide!

If you would like your map reviewed add a post to this thread, stating the title of the map, it's type and a link to it in the download section. Forummers can then take note and review your submission in the download section. Thanks!

Current Review Requests:
Cinematic: smilie - The wrong path

Reporting Reviews

AoE III Heaven is proud to be the home for many designers and fans in the community. Therefore, in hopes of maintaining a positive environment for all fans including the map makers, reviewers, and just the playing fans, this thread has been created.

This thread can also be used to report comments and/or reviews in the AoE III Downloads that you believe should be looked at and possibly removed. All that I really need are names and a URLs. This will be very helpful in aiding me to keep the downloads clean and tidy.

I have written out an updated version of the review guidelines first written by Angel Spineman. These are only guidelines for reviewing but it is assumed that when you write a review you have read through this article.
http://aoe3.heavengames.com/reviews/camp_guidelines

I'll also try to keep track of removed/changed reviews.

[This message has been edited by MosheLevi (edited 04-21-2007 @ 11:32 AM).]

Replies:
posted 10-17-08 08:30 AM EDT (US)     126 / 147  
woot, a new canuckland 7 years scenario? or is this an older one?

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 10-17-08 10:36 AM EDT (US)     127 / 147  
An old one, it's been over two years by now (:O)

| Botolf the Crazed |
There's treasure everywhere!
Winner of the Kman Lame Puns Award
posted 02-28-09 12:01 PM EDT (US)     128 / 147  
I uploaded my first single player scenario. The player controls India and gets several advantages because he has three opponents on hard difficulty.

The advantages are listed on the download page:
http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2348
Of course you can read them also while in the game.

So, if three opponents on hard are to easy for you, this scenario might be, too.

I would like to see some reviews, suggestions etc.!

Play my scenarios! You won't believe how much fun they are!
posted 02-28-09 01:49 PM EDT (US)     129 / 147  
I wondered last night, after seeing a crappy early scenario I made being hosted by some ppl I didn't know.

Is there a way to show a running tally how many times a scenario map has been played online, linked into its download page? That would be useful for maps that get a lot more ESO-downloads than AOE3H-downloads, e.g. Eichosseum or Warrior Defence.

Crunkatog on ESO
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 04-08-09 03:49 AM EDT (US)     130 / 147  
I want to report the reviews the user "ScenarioDesigner" wrote (yes, all of them). I already wrote Mascherano an email, but maybe he didn't get it because he didn't reply.

ScenarioDesigner has written a review (about my scenario) that is clearly against the guidelines: His only point is that the scenario plays like a random map. I stated on the download page that the genre is Build & Destroy, and those always are somewhat similar to a random/skirmish map.
The review guidelines say "if you hate playing RPG scenarios, don't try to review one since you are bound to not enjoy the scenario."
Furthermore, his review is extremely short and contains only this one point, repeated over and over.

Here is the link to my scenario download page: http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2348

I've read some more reviews "ScenarioDesigner" has written and I think that they all should be deleted. I think he might be a troll or it's a second user account of another user who wants to rate all scenarios poor so that his own scenarios are downloaded more often...
Here is his profile, he reviewed 7 files: http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/showprofile.php?author=ScenarioDesigner

posted 04-09-09 08:55 AM EDT (US)     131 / 147  
I don't want to be impolite, but I think this is urgent.
I mean, some people even removed their files and I think that others are already losing interest in scenario designing. I certainly don't have as much fun designing scenarios as I had before, when I think of these reviews...

posted 06-11-09 05:06 AM EDT (US)     132 / 147  
There are two new reviews in the single player download section that I think should be removed (or edited).

Both were written by kesh56.

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/new_reviews.php?category=single&type=ratings

posted 06-11-09 10:24 PM EDT (US)     133 / 147  

Took care of that.
Thank you for letting me know.

I usually check the new reviews once a week so sooner or later I catch the bad ones.
However, feel free to report them here.
posted 06-12-09 09:07 AM EDT (US)     134 / 147  
Thanks! Yes, i'll report it here if I see another bad review.

posted 06-16-09 05:30 PM EDT (US)     135 / 147  
can anyone help me with downloading the maps and how to get them to work?
posted 06-16-09 06:00 PM EDT (US)     136 / 147  
Scenarios-
after you download them, unzip it and place the file in Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\Scenario

RMS
place it in one of these folders:

Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\RM3 (TAD)

Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\RM2 (TWC)

Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\RM1 (Vinilla)

AGE OF EMPIRES 3 USERNAME - KevTheGreat :::: DAWN OF WAR 2 USERNAME - KEVTHEGREATEST :::: STEAM USERNAME - 何健龍
Some of my aoe3 scenarios here,
Most Popular: The Race 2 4.7/5.0 Global Wars 4.4/5.0 The Great Colosseum 4.6/5.0 Arab Desert 4V2 3.9/5.0 The Race 4.2/5 Fort of War 3.9/5.0
don't click this?
Follow me on Twitter
我知廣東話, 你知唔知廣東話?? 如果你知 contact me !!
posted 10-22-09 02:56 AM EDT (US)     137 / 147  
Hi all,
I'm not sure if this is the right place to request a RM or not. I've long been a fan of Gandalf's Extreme maps, and Gandalf's Isles. So, I was wondering if Gandalf or someone could make an "Extreme Northwest Territory" RM?
It doesn't just have to be NW Territory, but I was thinking it should always have lots of piney forests, and maybe a bit of water, a couple lakes or a river, or maybe a coastal area on one side.
What gave me the idea was those beautiful pictures for the RM loading screens like
Art\ui\random_map\northwest_territory\northwest_territory_ss_01.ddt
which I extracted and made into a desktop background lol.

I'll probly use it to test my little mod I'm workin on, my
"Outlaws and Pirates" civ.

Anyways, thanks everyone
posted 10-22-09 08:15 AM EDT (US)     138 / 147  
You can easily mod the RMS for NWT yourself. You can use the California or New England map (flipped so it's the WEST coast) and edit out the terrains, textures, and tree types to NWT appropriate or even Yukon appropriate ones.

Don't forget to put whales in the water! Or all your Nootka will starve, lol.

Just open the xml and xs (the xs file for a map is the one with all the code) and use ctrl-F to find and replace all the instances of forests, terrains, and watertypes you want to change. That should give you a start. If you want it to be like Alaska/Aleutians or Puget Sound/San Juan ISlands, then look at a map with offshore small islands, and copy the island code into your new script to see how it works. (Make sure the coordinates put your islands in the water)

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 10-22-09 09:39 AM EDT (US)     139 / 147  
Yeah those RM scripts terrify meh :]
So much gobbledygook in 'em.
So when, in Gandalf's map, it says...
// Pick terrain patterns and features 
// Pick pattern for trees, terrain, features, etc.
int patternChance = rmRandInt(1,37);
int variantChance = rmRandInt(1,2);
int lightingChance = rmRandInt(1,2);
int axisChance = rmRandInt(1,2);
int playerSide = rmRandInt(1,2);
int positionChance = rmRandInt(1,2);
int distChance = rmRandInt(1,4);
int sectionChance = rmRandInt(1,3);
int ffaChance = rmRandInt(1,4);
int trPattern = rmRandInt(0,11);
int socketPattern = rmRandInt(1,2);
int nativeSetup = rmRandInt(0,22);
...that first part, "int patternChance = rmRandInt(1,37)" means there's 37 different terrain sets to pick from, right? So, if I went thru and just had NWT, Siberia, Green Siberia,GreatLakes, and maybe Yukon, basically If I had 5 different ones, I would make that say "(1,5)", right?
I've tried reading the tuts for RMS, but they make no sense to me lol.
Or couldn't I just copy and paste the ones I want over and over and replace the others? Seems like that would work.
Bilbo told me last week a lot of it is just copy and pasting lol.
posted 10-22-09 09:58 AM EDT (US)     140 / 147  
Yep, it's like learning HTML, monkey see, monkey do.

And the 1, 37 business is not all that frightening when you realize that the terrains are defined by number elsewhere as follows:
grd_yukon_snow01 = 1
grd_yukon_snow04 = 2
grd_dirt_yukon02 = 3
and so forth.

The usual cautions apply when copying and pasting code: make sure you have opening and closing tags for all your elements, make sure the arguments make sense for the types of commands you pick, make sure if you add new variables, they are defined somewhere in your code file; save and back-up any original map files you intend to modify.

I would be interested in seeing your new NWT/Yukon, so when you're done, upload it so people can see.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 10-22-09 12:43 PM EDT (US)     141 / 147  
Yay I got it goin, it wasn't too bad, just a little tedious copy and pasting. I put in mostly Northwest Territories, but it may also produce Yukon, Yukon Tundra, Siberia or Green Siberia, but it *should* just be NWT about 50% of the time.
Hmm, I'm not sure if I should put it up... would need to talk to Gandalf first, since 90% of it is his. But I called it "NethernyC's Alpine Extreme!" lol.
Is Gandalf still around?
posted 10-22-09 04:39 PM EDT (US)     142 / 147  
Yep, now and then. You'll find that getting permission from users here is not so easy, because there's not a PM function :S

But you should try emailing him if he has it public.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 11-26-09 11:54 AM EDT (US)     143 / 147  
oops/....

WaRr1oR's PaTh RPG
P_J_B, XxXItachiXxX, and the other guys :P

[This message has been edited by XxXItachiXxX (edited 11-26-2009 @ 11:57 AM).]

posted 01-31-13 05:08 AM EDT (US)     144 / 147  
Hey guys, I know its been a while since a post on this topic, but I have some problems with ratings on a file I uploaded.

The reviews here have no relevant comments on why it was rated how it was.

A first rating has no reason to why the poster, Keshik, has given it, though it is a 5.0, and the other person who rated, dietermoreno, gave a horrid rating, 1.0, but gave extremely few reasons for it:

"You have made minimal changes in unit stats that are classical nerfs, you have nerfed upgrade techs, you have removed the iron clad from being trained from the consulate, and you have removed the iron clad from being sent from revolution homecity EVEN WHEN IRON CLAD IS UNIQUE BENEFIT OF REVOLTING.

All I can see your patch doing is helping musketeer spammers and hurting boomers who like to build real armies late game."

Also, the rating is buggy, because he gave 1.0 on Playability, 1.0 on Creativity, 5.0 on Art and Sound, 5.0 on Installation Instructions, 5.0 on Story/Description, but still the rating is a 1.0.

As I have fixed over 50 game bugs, have made over 300 small changes in the gameplay (such as unit shipments giving more units), it is completely unfair that he judges my work based on simply five small changes.

On the following post I do ask him to justify his actions, but he never posts again. Here is what I said, after offering to accept some Constructive critisim and apply it to my mod.

"I would like more comments about improving this patch. However, I think if you rating was given because I forbade Ironclads to the Asians at the Portuguese Consulate, I think that is quite hard.* Also, Revolution people can get Ironclads, but I see you think that having a price of 800 coin to buy one is steep, and it is. Though I like your comments, I do feel a little like you have given few specific suggestions as to why you thought it wrong. You do say I give some little amount of balancing here and there, "classic nerfs," but I have spent two years balancing this game. In other words, I am not a noob, but I am willing to take criticism that you offer me."

Another comment made by bizso09, which has nothing to do with rating, was this:

"This is great, but I was wondering that with so many changes that you have made, how do you know that the game is still balanced and fun to play?

I know that the original version is unbalanced at points, but still Microsoft and Ensemble had tons of statistics and play testing time available in order to make it as balanced as possible. In my view, that's the only way you can ensure the game is fun to play. Since I doubt you had access to a database of thousands of games played and did play testing with hundreds of people, these changes seem quite significant and based on hunches. I mean balancing a game is a near impossible task for one person alone without any hard data to support the changes.

Just wondering... "

I find such people extremely arrogant as they have neither the skill nor the sportsmanship to play the game. I think I have been extremely unfairly treated on these matters, and I have tested again and again to try and make the gameplay more competitive. True, I fail, but to disprove this, I say my rank:

- Ex Captain, PR28
- Ex Treaty Lieutenant Colonel, PR34

I am also back on a 22+ game winning streak.

These people give judgments without even trying a mod or a patch. They are the stock from Agesanctuary, that rotten cell where nothing good grows, and they revel in it.

Since these comments, I have made at least 10 updates, making these ratings and comments extremely irrelavant. I also had a balance team I worked with for suggestions.

If any of you are still active, I do implore you to consider this, as three years prior, I was but a fledging coder, but now I know what I'm doing, both as a coder and as a player.

regards,

murdilator
posted 01-31-13 09:08 AM EDT (US)     145 / 147  
Moreno's review isnt counting anymore

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack
posted 01-31-13 09:36 AM EDT (US)     146 / 147  
Thank you very much Mister SCP, I am extremely indebted to you.
posted 06-24-15 02:19 AM EDT (US)     147 / 147  
As the behavior of bad ratings without any critism in our downloadsection just wont stop I'd like to remind that we cannot have a look at every review/every comment but if you feel like beeing fooled by somebody else you may use this thread to post it.

Please also keep in mind that you should upload your own stuff OR (modified) stuff where you have the permission of the author to share it. Simply exchanging names is a very bad behaviour .

Here is a Review Guideline. Basicly you should be able to write 6+ lines for a mod/misc file and 2 lines per category for a Scenario (>10 lines in total) where you can tell the author what you like, what you dont like and what can be made better.

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 06-24-2015 @ 02:22 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Downloads Section: News, Reviews, Requests
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames