You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: How to make Rock Bridges like the ones in the Campaign.
posted 04-16-07 04:47 PM EDT (US)   
I wrote this way back, for my own benefit but I thought I'd post it here. More experienced designers shouldn't even read this; it's more for people who are new to the scenario editor and who want a step-by-step guide.

Making Rock Bridges in AoE3
Most of these triggers are needed to make a Rock Bridge collapse properly, like in the campaign. A few are extra, these are marked by *’s.
Also, as far as I know, the Left and Right Rock Bridge pieces, must be placed by hand or Miners cannot be tasked on them. If you don’t have this problem, well, lucky you. But I do, so I’m warning you (you can't save the grouping or cut and paste or it doesn't work on my PC is what I'm saying).

Tiggers as follows:

Priority Name Status Conditions/Effects Data
4/5 Bridge1A_50 Active, NOT looped, NOT run immediately Conditions:
Effects:
Percent Complete
Damage Unit %
Fire Event
Rock Bridge Left, >= 50
Rock Bridge Middle, 25
Bridge1A_100
4/5 Bridge1A_100 NOT active, NOT looped, NOT run immediately Conditions:
Effects:
Percent Complete
Damage Unit %
Rock Bridge Left, >= 100
Rock Bridge Middle, 25
4/5 Bridge1B_50 Active, NOT looped, NOT run immediately Conditions:
Effects:
Percent Complete
Damage Unit %
Fire Event
Rock Bridge Right, >= 50
Rock Bridge Middle, 25
Bridge1B_100
4/5 Bridge1B_100 NOT active, NOT looped, NOT run immediately Conditions:
Effects:
Percent Complete
Damage Unit %
Rock Bridge Right, >= 100
Rock Bridge Middle, 25
5/5 Bridge1diesA Active, NOT looped, NOT run immediately Conditions:
Effects:
Is Dead
Fire Event
Fire Event
Rock Bridge Middle
Arch_Sound*
Bridge1dies
5/5 Bridge1dies NOT active, NOT looped, NOT run immediately Conditions:
Effects:
Timer
Damage Units in Area

Damage Units in Area

Damage Units in Area

Damage Units in Area

Quest Var Modify**

Damage Units in Area

2 seconds
Player4, unit type: unit, radius: 5, damage: 500
Player3, unit type: unit, radius: 5, damage: 500
Player2, unit type: unit, radius: 5, damage: 500
Player1, unit type: unit, radius: 5, damage: 500
Var name: Dead Bridges,
Operator: +, Value: 1
Player1, unit type: building, radius: 10, damage: 5000
5/5 Start*** Active, NOT looped, NOT run immediately Conditions:
Effects:
Always
Quest Var Set****

Var name: Dead Bridges
Value: 0
5/5 Arch_Sound* NOT active, NOT looped, NOT run immediately Conditions:
Effects:
Always
Sound Filename
Shake Camera

\SPC16RockCrash.wav, trigger: none, subtitle: none, portrait: none
Duration: 0.5, Strength: 0.25

*Arch_Sound: Optional. An extra effect, which looks and sounds cool. Leave out the Fire Event effect in Bridge1diesA and the Arch_Sound trigger if you don’t want it.
**Quest Var Modify: Also optional. Any objectives, triggers or win conditions relating to the number of bridges destroyed or remaining need to use the Quest Var Check condition.
***Start: This contains Quest Var Set (see below), and this is also a good place for cinematics/camera tracks etc.
****Quest Var Set: In order to use Quest Var Modify, this must be in place to define the Quest Var. Leave this and Quest Var Modify out if you just want to smash bridges, with no effects/conditions/triggers connected to them. You can remove the entire Start trigger to get rid of Quest Var Set, if there’s nothing else in it.

So there you go. Btw I don't remember why I had the priorities like that. But it does work. Sorry about the HTML, I'm not very good at it.

Ceres 629's strategy guides

Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire.

0 A.D
Replies:
posted 04-17-07 02:57 AM EDT (US)     1 / 2  
I tried placeing the rockbridge awhile back when I had first gotten the game, but couldn't get the pieces to line up properly. Every time I moved the screen the pieces looked/were/came out of alignment in the new view. Is there a trick to it? They need to be placed off of cliffs right? Units should be able to walk across these bridges, correct?

A dog who chases his own tail, Knows not what is biteing him.
posted 04-18-07 01:12 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2  
To the best of my knowledge you can't walk acroos it. Buy I dpn't know for sure. Try it and see. Yes, it is very hard to get them lined up perfectly, and yes they do need to be placed on cliffs. That's why it's really annoying that you can't group them (miners can't task on them if you do cut and paste or group and insert). Perseverance is recommended. The truth is unless you're using it in a cinematic where you will rotate the camera, it doesn't have to line up from every single angle as most people don't rotate much in-game. It helps if the terrain is a snowy one like the bridge, but all I can think of is persevere and make minute adjustments at a time. It is hard but not impossible to do though.

Ceres 629's strategy guides

Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire.

0 A.D
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » How to make Rock Bridges like the ones in the Campaign.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames