You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding Discussions
Moderated by Alexastor, MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Age of Empires III: The Age of Crusades - ALPHA VERSION RELEASED!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 36 37 38  Next Page »
posted 12-25-06 01:27 PM EDT (US)   

Progress:
[••••••••••] {75%}

Credits:
Mod Leader & Coding: Argalius
AI Scripting: Felix Hermansson
Texturing: RiderofEternity, Treleth, Argalius
Random Map Scripting: RF_Gandalf
Hosting: Elpea
Screen-taking: Elpea, Spartos, RiderofEternity

Beta testing will start summer 2008!

Probably the most ambitious Age of Empires III mod ever, Age of Crusades adds six brand new nations, divided into two new cultures. This includes the Kingdom of Jerusalem, Templars, Hospitallers, Fatimids, Saracens and Seljuk Turks. The subcivs haven't been neglected and with the Cilician Armenians, Almoravides, Mameluks and Mongols there are four subcivs to ally with. The mod, as the name suggests, emphisizes on the Crusades and is based on the timespan from 1095 AD to 1291 AD. The mod has been in progress for almost 1.5 years and has finally reached alpha status. The mod doesn't only add new civilizations and units but also new buildings, new farm system, relics, new UIs, new AI and a staggering amount of 20 new maps!

The alpha version of the mod has been released to the public and can be download through the following link:
http://argalius.elpea.net/Crusade-alpha.zip

An online version of the ReadMe can be found here (it is important that you first read the ReadMe before you start your installation!):
http://argalius.elpea.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=153

For suggestions, comments, reviews etc. you can visit the following link:
http://argalius.elpea.net/forum/index.php?f=11

As modleader I'd like to thank all the present and past team members who have worked hard with me to get to the point we are now.

Special thanks goes out to Elpea who has provided webspace and bandwidth for the mod. Without him all this wouldn't be possible!

Everything in this thread is subject to change without further notice.

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades

[This message has been edited by Argalius (edited 01-13-2008 @ 04:22 PM).]

Replies:
posted 02-23-08 09:50 AM EDT (US)     926 / 942  
This looks real cool, but will it work on a mac computer too?
A guy e-mailed me some time ago and he said he had got the mod working on a Mac. So you could try it out.
I feel strongly that there should be heroes, I recently finished a book called: Brethren in it, I was introduced to a character named: Baybars, Baybars existed during the crusades and I think he should be in it. Baybars was a Muslim and I would guess he would belong to the: Sejuk Turks. I would like to see heroes not from the age up, but from buildings.
Being able to just train heroes is weird. The way I set it up now is that you'll get a new hero with every age, which represent the different crusades launched so the crusaders get their Crusading heroes and the Muslims get their anti-crusading/jihad heroes. Since I don't really like units that never die I made it possible to "revive" them at the church. And Baybars is already in the game.

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
posted 02-24-08 11:34 PM EDT (US)     927 / 942  
can't...wait...for...TAD...and...TWC...campatibily...

or is their an easy way to copy just vanila data without so i can play it without screwing up my awesome level 20 homecities?
im such a noob...
posted 03-17-08 08:53 PM EDT (US)     928 / 942  
An idea from the mind of Alberich the great. hey, Argalius, how about to make the game, you put in .bars for the actual thing? for example: AOCdata.bar would be data. And yes, it is possible to make .bars I've seen the file on aom.heavengames.com if you want the link, here it is:
Click here for the .bar builder mod
well, there's the file if you need it!

I will now accept your "oh my god that was a great idea!" or "oh my god you are amazing!" comments
Click Here to visit my official website!
posted 03-17-08 09:55 PM EDT (US)     929 / 942  
Hurrah, thanks for the news Argalius, but if you have the time, could you briefly explain how I would get the thing running on a Mac (maybe you don't know, though)? I am a noob with these sort of downloading things, so I would have to have them explained to me. For example, it says you can't have the expansion, how do I do that? If I copy the folder, it will copy the expansion files with it. So, I beg of you, please tell me how to do this; maybe that guy's email might help. Thanks, even if you don't know how to get it working on a mac.

For Narnia and the North!!!
posted 03-18-08 02:48 PM EDT (US)     930 / 942  
AOCdata.bar would be data
Impossible because the executable will search data.bar for data. It doesn't react to another .bar file. It is though possible to do it without renaming the .bar files.

peugeot407

|> Robert Faber (aka peugeot407)
|> Humble Creator of: Knights and Barbarians, Danish Civ Mod, Several Tutorials and the Tutorial Database
|> November 2007 Modding Contest: 2nd place (me: 360 pts, Captain_Soanso: 365 pts!)
|> January 2008 Modding Contest: first place!

When in doubt, flat out! (Colin McRae)
posted 03-18-08 08:29 PM EDT (US)     931 / 942  
I am pretty stupid at this, could you explain that sentence a little more... simpler? The executive for the game or.. what? I am confused

I will now accept your "oh my god that was a great idea!" or "oh my god you are amazing!" comments
Click Here to visit my official website!
posted 03-19-08 00:11 AM EDT (US)     932 / 942  
Read Tahattus's tutorial: http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=14,34098,0,all

Alvaro_qc

██ Building texturer of Revolutions Any help is welcome, if you want to help go here.
██ Auxiliar of WOTTA
posted 03-29-08 12:45 PM EDT (US)     933 / 942  
The mod has been halted for now, see this thread for reasons. If you are interested to continue this project by yourself or with a team, please contact me at argalius -at- hotmail -dot- com. Otherwise I think I'm going to donate my stuff to K&B.

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
posted 05-11-08 07:30 AM EDT (US)     934 / 942  
If you'd like to work on a medieval mod, but just discovered AoC has been halted, KnB is also searching new team members, especially building and unit texturers are appreciated.

peugeot407

|> Humble Creator of: Knights and Barbarians, Danish Civ Mod, Several Tutorials and the Tutorial Database
|> November 2007 Modding Contest: 2nd place (me: 360 pts, Captain_Soanso: 365 pts!)

posted 05-11-08 01:33 PM EDT (US)     935 / 942  
lol, you have the biggest team, why do you need more?! ^^

IF YOU'D LIKE TO WORK ON AN ANCIENT MOD .. a-hem ^^

well, if you're interested in working for an ancient mod, check out Age of Empires III: The Ancient Age We're looking for Textures, Graphic Artists (Program Designer and/or Drawers), Coders, etc.

Cheers. =)

» The Ancient Age | Napoleonic Era «

» Modding is art! «
posted 05-11-08 02:00 PM EDT (US)     936 / 942  
Spam!

Alvaro_qc

██ Building texturer of Revolutions Any help is welcome, if you want to help go here.
██ Auxiliar of WOTTA
posted 05-11-08 02:55 PM EDT (US)     937 / 942  
hey, both of you stop! this is not your thread, there was not even somebody who aplied for AOC so cut it of!

btw @K&B team, did Argalius give you his work?
posted 05-12-08 03:14 AM EDT (US)     938 / 942  
We will have it in a few days/weeks, depending on how fast Argalius can send it.

peugeot407

PS: That's also the reason why I posted here...

posted 05-17-08 08:31 AM EDT (US)     939 / 942  
I put everything in a .zip file, now I only need to upload it. Because of it's size, 275 mb zipped, I'm going to upload it sometime this week at my university.

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
posted 06-27-08 06:09 PM EDT (US)     940 / 942  
This mod seems to very very cool!!
When do you think it will be ready?

SUPERDROIDEKA
posted 06-27-08 07:49 PM EDT (US)     941 / 942  
The Alpha version has already been released. As I understand it, work has been halted on AoC.
posted 06-29-08 03:13 AM EDT (US)     942 / 942  
I know, that this project is stopped, i just want to say: that, this alpha released is excellent, even if it has some little problems.

thx for your work.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 36 37 38  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » Age of Empires III: The Age of Crusades - ALPHA VERSION RELEASED!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames