Leader: ProvostGuard
Coder: ProvostGuard
Artist: ProvostGuard, General_II, alvaro_qc
Scripter: NA
Researcher: Abadu, ProvostGuard, Benjamin Breeg

American Mortar Team

American Infantry Regiment

American Politicians

If you want to see/learn more, head over to our forums here. We are transferring to a new forum.

[This message has been edited by Captain_Soanso (edited 01-20-2008 @ 10:53 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-18-07 08:52 PM EDT (US)     76 / 265  
Thanks for the comment!

There are two reasons why the textures for the National Guard and the Skirmisher are really nice:

1) It's an SPC model that uses a high-res texture. It gives me a lot more room and flexibility in regards to detail.

2) There's no player colors.

Honestly, I don't think mine are that great. I think the NE team has done a very good job making units look good.

Also known as ProvostGuard

Please feed the animals. Click here! (the link is correct this time!)
posted 07-18-07 09:29 PM EDT (US)     77 / 265  
You can make a bit more effort on the Austria flag..
Great mod so far
posted 07-18-07 09:38 PM EDT (US)     78 / 265  
What do I need to do to it? My flag template isn't the best, but it gets the job done.

posted 07-19-07 01:32 PM EDT (US)     79 / 265  
1) It's an SPC model that uses a high-res texture. It gives me a lot more room and flexibility in regards to detail.
SPC model really doesn't matter, you can also make textures of other units bigger (twice as big for instance) so all of your units have much more detail.
posted 07-19-07 01:56 PM EDT (US)     80 / 265  
Really? I didn't know that, but I was thinking of trying it out. Thanks.

posted 07-19-07 02:09 PM EDT (US)     81 / 265  
They need to be a 4x4 size though, like 16x16, 32x32, 64x64, 96x96, 128x128 and so on.
posted 07-19-07 02:27 PM EDT (US)     82 / 265  
question: Is the Russian flag accurate?, I think that flag is the one used after the SU
posted 07-19-07 03:41 PM EDT (US)     83 / 265  
Within the time frame of the mod, Russia had no national flag. The flag I'm using now is indeed the same one being used by Russia today. However, it dates back to 1693 as Russia's unofficial naval ensign and seems to be the most frequently used flag until the adoption of the Imperial flag in the 1850s. This one, actually:

I may be (probably am) wrong, so please correct me if I made a mistake.

posted 07-19-07 06:58 PM EDT (US)     84 / 265  
Three Russian units of the Napoleonic Age:

The top-left is the Russian Home Guard/Militia. Next to that is Russian infantry. At the front are Skirmishers.

An Austrian unit will be added in a few minutes.

posted 07-19-07 07:20 PM EDT (US)     85 / 265  
D00d!Those are frickin sweet units

AOEIII:The Reinforcements Mod

"Check in your wallet,that's me on the dollar bill" - George Crushington
posted 07-19-07 08:01 PM EDT (US)     86 / 265  
Most impressive. Russian Guard/Infantry/Skirmishers look amazing.

What's so special about The Boss? She beat Jesus in an arm wrestle, that's what! -WallyFeliz
posted 07-24-07 12:32 PM EDT (US)     87 / 265  
Sorry, I was just starting to like your skins, but i noticed they all look the same.

I see an african samurai, an imperial musketeer and another imperial musketeer.

Let me try to fix your problem with player colors. Why not making ALL french units blue, all british ones red and so on? no matter what color you choose at the begining of the game, it'll always look the same. You're free to use units without player colors then. Since i'm without internet, i'll not be able to answer this for a while :P see ya.

Lord Tahattus - Register yourselves at the WotTA forum!
WOTTA WEBSITE!
War of the Triple Alliance Beta!
Flags for new Civilizations, The Asian Dynasties, Knights and Barbarians and Napoleonic Era
TWC Tutorials: Basics of Modding - The List of Modding No-nos - Adding a Nation - Music and Sounds - Initilization Failed

WotTA back to active!
posted 07-24-07 12:49 PM EDT (US)     88 / 265  
Well, I'll say again that I'm trying to be historically accurate. I really don't like taking creative liberties with uniforms unless I have no other choice. So say I take away the skirmisher's hat; what other hat would I give it? Every army in the western world wore shakos. The brilliant folks at Ensemble, however, didn't do much in regards to variations of shakos, so I'm stuck with either using the cacadore or the musketeer hat, which looks more similar to that worn by the Russian army.

Personally, I don't think they look the same. Nor do I think player colors is a "problem". Thanks anyway.

posted 07-24-07 06:51 PM EDT (US)     89 / 265  
~ edited, forget it ~

» The Ancient Age | Napoleonic Era «

» Modding is art! «

[This message has been edited by Tilanus Commodor (edited 07-24-2007 @ 06:52 PM).]

posted 07-25-07 02:21 PM EDT (US)     90 / 265  
Great work on the mod, looks amazing so far.

If you need any help with the Brazilians, just say it
posted 07-25-07 02:53 PM EDT (US)     91 / 265  
Just a small update.

[JPEG, (202.23 KB)]

From left to right: US Marine, Austrian Jager, UK Rifleman. All Napoleonic Age.

I've finished a lot more, but don't really feel like showing it yet.

I'm already expecting a complaint from Tahattus.

[This message has been edited by Captain_Soanso (edited 07-25-2007 @ 02:55 PM).]

posted 07-25-07 03:00 PM EDT (US)     92 / 265  
@Captain's Last Post about Hats:Yeah ya gotta point,but is there even object data for the Cassador hat?Because the Cassador doesn't even have an object slot(What I call what tags that objects like weapons and backpacks are) for a hat(I know because I tried),all it has is the gun and the pack,the hat stays on the model

Summarized:Correction,you just have the musket hat

posted 07-25-07 03:34 PM EDT (US)     93 / 265  
I think this is a bit trivial to discuss, but what I meant to say what I could use the musketeer hat or the cacadore model. I know full well that the hat is permanently attached to the cacadore.

[This message has been edited by Captain_Soanso (edited 07-25-2007 @ 03:43 PM).]

posted 07-25-07 09:49 PM EDT (US)     94 / 265  
M'kay,just checkin

posted 07-27-07 11:27 PM EDT (US)     95 / 265  
I beleive making such a drastic change to the game you may want to make have it download itself as another game, using the same programs naming it Age of Empires III Revolutions.
I know most ordinary people could make another folder in the Microsoft Games as , Age of Empires III Revolutions. As well as copy the files from Age of Empires III.

Aside From That, I think your Idea still has alot of development to go. Having another way to gain coin would be very benificial.

I would also like to know why The War of 1812 is not there. The Civil War would probably be key for this to be a success. As the Civil War falls between 1790 and 1870.

Maybe you could possibly make two American Teams using flags from The Union, and The Confederacy.

Here are my views on your modification.

Well Good Luck,
British Militia
posted 07-28-07 02:42 AM EDT (US)     96 / 265  
The Union flags during the Civil War ranged from 33-37 stars

http://members.tripod.com/~txscv/union.htm

Yeah the War of 1812 should be in there,it was although an unwanted war by dominantly both sides,it did have an impact for the United States and Britian

But I think the Napoleonic Age covers that since the British defined the War of 1812 as two wars,the American and Napoleonic versions(depending on battlefront)

posted 07-28-07 11:09 AM EDT (US)     97 / 265  
Personally, It was just what I felt was missing.

Also if the war of 1812 was included it would mean new maps, Upper Canada, Lower Canada, and Bermuda.

You would end up making more civilizations, Canada, and Bermuda.
posted 07-28-07 12:15 PM EDT (US)     98 / 265  
I'm afraid that you'll screw the system, Captain. I see too many infantry, they look all the same. All skins look like each other, but i won't complain about that anymore because you're looking for 300 different skins. But remember AOM's easy counter system. Well, don't add more than 3 gunners for each nation and it'll be fine.

Lord Tahattus - Register yourselves at the WotTA forum!
WOTTA WEBSITE!
War of the Triple Alliance Beta!
Flags for new Civilizations, The Asian Dynasties, Knights and Barbarians and Napoleonic Era
TWC Tutorials: Basics of Modding - The List of Modding No-nos - Adding a Nation - Music and Sounds - Initilization Failed

WotTA back to active!
posted 07-28-07 01:49 PM EDT (US)     99 / 265  
American uniforms of the Napoleonic Age are based off 1812 uniforms and Modern Age are based off the Civil War. The Confederacy is a revolt civ... but I'll get to that later.

Tahattus... are you blind? I definitely don't think all the textures look the same and, even if they do, how would it screw up the system? Skirmishers crouch. Infantry stand. Skirmishers are staggered. Infantry stand in lines.

posted 07-28-07 03:32 PM EDT (US)     100 / 265  
I can make some tabs/loading screens if you'd like, since LoTR has been paused...
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 6 ··· 10 ··· 11  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » Age of Empires III: Revolutions
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames