Modding Discussions
Moderated by Alexastor, MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Age of Empires III: Knights and Barbarians Prologue
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7 8 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 37  Next Page »
posted 07-30-07 04:31 AM EDT (US)   

Knights and Barbarians is a total conversion mod for Age of Empires III and both its expansions. The mod takes Age of Empires III back to the medieval ages, recounting Charles the Great, who made a German nation the biggest empire in Europe, with violent but discovering Vikings, to battling kingdoms in the Holy Land. Knights and Barbarians will include fourteen brand new civs, with unique gameplay elements, and stunning units and buildings.

The Prologue version of Knights and Barbarians will focus on four factions: the Byzantine Empire, the Caliphate of Cairo (Egyptians), the Caliphate of Baghdad (Turks) and the Kingdom of Jerusalem (Crusaders)

Special thanks to Lord Tahattus for the ingame flags and Argalius for letting us use AoC material.

We are nearing Prologue state, but to get that far we need people who have the skills to:

- create Random Map Scripts (RMS)
- script the AI
- create textures for units, buildings or environment. We do have texturers, but more are always welcome.
- translate Knights and Barbarians into their native language. This is not really needed, but would be very nice. (so far we have English, Dutch and Chinese)

Knights and Barbarians: Byzantines - Mongols - Spanish - Vikings - English - Italians - French - Slavs - Saracens - Moors - Turks - Flemish - Germans - Crusaders

peugeot407

|> Robert Faber (aka peugeot407)
|> Humble Creator of: Knights and Barbarians, Danish Civ Mod, Several Tutorials and the Tutorial Database
|> November 2007 Modding Contest: 2nd place (me: 360 pts, Captain_Soanso: 365 pts!)
|> January 2008 Modding Contest: first place!

When in doubt, flat out! (Colin McRae)

[This message has been edited by peugeot407 (edited 10-24-2010 @ 12:33 PM).]

Replies:
posted 09-04-07 04:05 PM EDT (US)     126 / 907  
Why not?

peugeot407

|> Humble Creator of: Knights and Barbarians, Danish Civ Mod, Several Tutorials and the Tutorial Database
|> November 2007 Modding Contest: 2nd place (me: 360 pts, Captain_Soanso: 365 pts!)

posted 09-04-07 04:11 PM EDT (US)     127 / 907  
Because people would have seen every unit before downloading the mod. Then it wouldn't be interesting. Take Argalius as an example. He don't post many screenies.
But a few, yes. :-P
I'll start on some buildings on Friday, and in the 4 days weekend. I'll get LOTS of time then.

Well... I have to log of the computer now.

ID: Northern_Lord (at agecommunity)

[This message has been edited by Northern Marvin (edited 09-04-2007 @ 04:12 PM).]

posted 09-04-07 08:30 PM EDT (US)     128 / 907  
You probably shouldn't post everything that happens.

For example, when I was helping the LoTR mod, we tried to not release very much. There are several pages of cards, units, stats, buildings, etc that the mod was being built on, but no one other than the "developers" saw.

I can do PR (public relations) management for this mod. Would you like me to?
posted 09-05-07 09:22 AM EDT (US)     129 / 907  
So what would you do then (What is PR for a mod)?

And I agree we shouldn't release everything, but at least a showcase for every unit.

peugeot407

posted 09-05-07 11:03 AM EDT (US)     130 / 907  
Found a spelling mistake. In your picture of the sword rider, it should say chance, instead of change
posted 09-05-07 12:02 PM EDT (US)     131 / 907  

Will expand soon, with great and legend included.

ḼĮЙЦḈԊДĐ₦ḜẔŽДЯ
Modding for: Knights and Barbarians

EMPIRES RISE AND FALL BUT HEROES LIVE FOREVER
posted 09-05-07 02:28 PM EDT (US)     132 / 907  
WOW!!!!!! That Improved looks so amazingly good!!! Great Work, Linus.

I'm busy with the Lancer now and you all can guess which unit I'll use for the Great Lancer and Lancer Legend...

peugeot407

posted 09-05-07 10:07 PM EDT (US)     133 / 907  
So what would you do then (What is PR for a mod)?
I would try and make sure what gets out is managed. Instead of having floods of information, new information or more information comes out, for instance, once a week. I would also try to make sure things are fairly standardized. ex:

(2 pictures)

Probably, I could set up a Google docs to collaborate information. Essentially, I would just make sure information gets out at the right time while working on mod aesthetics.

[This message has been edited by General_II (edited 09-05-2007 @ 10:17 PM).]

posted 09-06-07 01:09 AM EDT (US)     134 / 907  
General II, it looks cool, but it says: Ordinary swordsman, which is just a swordsman, and legendary swordsman, which is an improved swordsman. Also, that font (bleeding cowboys) is nice for titles, but a bit hard to read. Also, I liked my text more.
Wow, that's a lot of negative talk...

Anyway, I think it should be standardized too, but on a different standard.

ḼĮЙЦḈԊДĐ₦ḜẔŽДЯ

posted 09-06-07 09:47 AM EDT (US)     135 / 907  
@Linuchadnezzar,
Did you use the Highlander model for the swordsman?

posted 09-06-07 08:26 PM EDT (US)     136 / 907  
Sorry, was in a bit of a hurry and wasn't clear. For the pics, I was trying to show that I could help reformat the pics so they took up less space, by "formatting" the pics I had, they use about only 44KB- compared to the average 130KB of the showcases being posted.

I think having a PR guy would be helpful to keep people interested through releasing information in "useful" amounts. Some of the mods we have lots of stuff at one time, then no one hears about them until much more stuff is done. The collaboration would also be useful. It would also allow for me to learn what unit icons I need to make.
posted 09-07-07 01:11 AM EDT (US)     137 / 907  
@Linuchadnezzar,
Did you use the Highlander model for the swordsman?
Yes, I did.
I was trying to show that I could help reformat the pics so they took up less space, by "formatting" the pics I had, they use about only 44KB- compared to the average 130KB of the showcases being posted.
Yes, well, I get that you did that, but why? I like them more when they're zoomed in.
I think having a PR guy would be helpful to keep people interested through releasing information in "useful" amounts. Some of the mods we have lots of stuff at one time, then no one hears about them until much more stuff is done. The collaboration would also be useful. It would also allow for me to learn what unit icons I need to make.
Agreed.

ḼĮЙЦḈԊДĐ₦ḜẔŽДЯ

posted 09-07-07 05:18 AM EDT (US)     138 / 907  
OK, so then we'll all post our news on for example Friday? That seems quite a good idea. This prevents us from the first timeline and gives us the second:

!!!!-----------------------------------!!-------------!!

!----!----!----!----!----!----!----!----!----!----!----!

!=News
-=No news

I'll surely agree with that. So let's say Friday?

peugeot407

PS: It's better to mail this, but unfortunately I don't have the adresses of the entire team (hint, hint), but only Linuchadnezzar.

[This message has been edited by peugeot407 (edited 09-07-2007 @ 05:19 AM).]

posted 09-07-07 06:50 AM EDT (US)     139 / 907  
I dont suppose you would realy need mine

i am inly a playtester

but if you want to send me anything it is:

gibbo.93.13@hotmail.com

you can send me updates if you want

Gibbo1993
posted 09-08-07 09:53 AM EDT (US)     140 / 907  
Ok, making the swordsman Legend now. You will see all four swordsmen next Friday.

ḼĮЙЦḈԊДĐ₦ḜẔŽДЯ

posted 09-08-07 11:09 AM EDT (US)     141 / 907  
*gasp* good skins! I'll play your mod when it's done. Keep the good work. I also loved the thread design, but you could have "centered" the logo.

Lord Tahattus - Register yourselves at the WotTA forum!
WOTTA WEBSITE!
War of the Triple Alliance Beta!
Flags for new Civilizations, The Asian Dynasties, Knights and Barbarians and Napoleonic Era
TWC Tutorials: Basics of Modding - The List of Modding No-nos - Adding a Nation - Music and Sounds - Initilization Failed

WotTA back to active!
posted 09-08-07 01:09 PM EDT (US)     142 / 907  
My email is general.second@gmail.com. If you would send me pics and stuff, I can compile them and release accordingly. Keeping with what Tahattus said, I could "write out" a BB code if you'd like.

[This message has been edited by General_II (edited 09-08-2007 @ 01:16 PM).]

posted 09-10-07 00:38 AM EDT (US)     143 / 907  
Peugeot, could you please check your email?

ḼĮЙЦḈԊДĐ₦ḜẔŽДЯ

posted 09-10-07 02:43 AM EDT (US)     144 / 907  
Hmm... I'll start making textures today. I suppose Spanish will use a culture that looks somewhat like the Mediterranean culture already in game? I'll just edit it a little bit.

I saw a good movie, some days ago. (The creator of it seams to like Queen) It really gave me an idea for the Britons.

posted 09-10-07 02:56 AM EDT (US)     145 / 907  
@Northern Marvin: The Spanish and Italian use the Meditterean culture, the rest is up to you although I'd really suggest you to use the indian culture as a base for the Arabians and Moors.

@Linuchadnezzar: OK, I'll do

@Lord Tahattus: I know you stopped making flags, but could you please make the ones for this mod?

peugeot407

posted 09-10-07 05:40 AM EDT (US)     146 / 907  
Peugeot407, This could be used for Britons:

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u227/Marvin_The_Conquistador/medivalwest.jpg

I will make its upgrade. But I'll just send it to you.

posted 09-11-07 08:12 PM EDT (US)     147 / 907  
Should I post the Friday update?

-on a sidenote, if you haven't checked your mailbox within a day or so, Peugeot, check it. I could use feedback.
posted 09-13-07 09:21 PM EDT (US)     148 / 907  
Weekly update planned for ~4:00 AM, 9-14-07 (forum time).

If you don't want me to post the update, please make sure I know before the above time tomorrow.
posted 09-14-07 00:28 AM EDT (US)     149 / 907  
I'll try to help you with the flags.

Lord Tahattus - Register yourselves at the WotTA forum!
WOTTA WEBSITE!
War of the Triple Alliance Beta!
Flags for new Civilizations, The Asian Dynasties, Knights and Barbarians and Napoleonic Era
TWC Tutorials: Basics of Modding - The List of Modding No-nos - Adding a Nation - Music and Sounds - Initilization Failed

WotTA back to active!
posted 09-14-07 07:08 AM EDT (US)     150 / 907  
wow great units guys you should both consider poasting some Here: -->
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7 8 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 37  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » Age of Empires III: Knights and Barbarians Prologue
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames