Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Unifying Nations
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 02-04-07 06:48 PM EDT (US)   
I R back: P

From the people who brought you the French grenadier ff, here comes the Iroquois unifying nation’s ff, anyway lets just get on with it shall we.

This strategy focuses on (ab)using the power of the Iroquois version of mercenary loyalty, national unity, for those who do not know exactly what national unity does, it reduces the cost of the Iroquois' 6 support cards from 1000 gold to 250 gold. So the basic idea is to get to fortress as fast as possible send national unity then spam these cheap mercenary shipments.

Now I'm not a good strategy writer like blender_fjord or beatnikjoe so I have more blabber for all of you so onto the build order.

Discovery Age

Send 2 villagers to herd
Rest Gather food crates
Send another 2 villagers to herd once food crates our gathered
1st villager out builds a longhouse
hunt treasures, search for wood and exp specifically
Against aggressive civs use your travois to build a defensive war hut, against passive civs use it to build a longhouse and the 1st villager out to build a market
All vills go to food age once 800 food and such
Age up with the 2 travois politician
move 5 villagers to gold keep 10 on food and the last one goes to wood

Colonial Age
Build 2 defensive war huts with your travois
send 600 gold as first shipment then the 200 of every resource shipment as 2nd shipment
make a three villagers
build a market if you haven't already
age using the messenger

Here’s the irritating bit, so many variables in the economy so far but we have to have 500 of each resource as soon as possible to research our market big button upgrade. Anyway here’s how to best balance your economy for the age to fortress, so depending on the variables such as starting wood and whether you used your travois for a longhouse or a war hut. Have 6-7 Villagers on food, if you have herdables now is definitely the time to gather them 8-9 villagers on gold and have the rest on wood.

Fortress Age

Once you reach fortress age you will have/be about to get 500 of each resource, once you do research the market big button
Send National Unity
Put 10 villagers on gold, 8 villagers on food 1 on wood with all made villagers going to wood.
Now you can start sending your cheap mercenary shipments, usually the best one to send is forest prowlers since you get 2 travois with which to build more protective war huts or probably a better idea to build a corral and an arty foundry.
You could also send tomahawks and order the big buttons as your opponent will be expected forest prowlers seeing you are in fort and order the big buttons.
There is also the siege mercenary so that you can attack your opponents base after you defend his attack, then you could send the economy mercenary shipment and then you are well set to go to normal prowler spam if your ff fails.

some credit has to go to beatnikjoe for helping me refine the strategy and The_Garlic_King for finding info for me because I couldn't be bothered.

[This message has been edited by Destiny_Devil (edited 02-07-2007 @ 01:27 PM).]

Replies:
posted 02-04-07 07:21 PM EDT (US)     1 / 37  
lol

"he will have a hard getting banks up"
~rel4xed

"I accidently drop kicked someone once"
~george_uk

posted 02-04-07 08:26 PM EDT (US)     2 / 37  

Quote:

lol

What kind of post was that? If you have nothing to contribute, then don't contribute.

Sounds interesting, but Iros have enough as they are

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

[This message has been edited by Stonewall J (edited 02-04-2007 @ 09:13 PM).]

posted 02-04-07 08:58 PM EDT (US)     3 / 37  
It's a post to keep us in "suspense"

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
posted 02-04-07 09:51 PM EDT (US)     4 / 37  
250 gold is cheap but u cant get that many shipments and more importantly u will never last that long.

maybe tommorrow u will prove me wrong, but i doubt it

quoted from jafit talking smack about ender in regards to the abus nerf: "He's probably in a fetal position on the floor holding an action figure abus gun."
posted 02-04-07 10:13 PM EDT (US)     5 / 37  
Or ... just spam prowlers.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
posted 02-04-07 11:50 PM EDT (US)     6 / 37  
^ lol

Quote:

250 gold is cheap but u cant get that many shipments

I agree. I´d really like to see the actual strat

I MADE IT!!!
I posted in a closed thread after a mod!

Meet the bagpipe performer!

posted 02-05-07 08:39 AM EDT (US)     7 / 37  

Quoted from Destiny_Devil:

but I'll fill you in on what makes this strategy work well tomorow

Holding you to that. I'm looking forward to seeing another Iro approach besides Prowler spam. Can't think of any big ideas that have come out for them since Deppig's turtle strat. Good luck with the write-up!

Strategies:
- BWKiC - A British Fast Fortress strategy
- The Aztec Scout Slam- An Envoy Rush, Native-Style

[This message has been edited by Beatnik Joe (edited 02-05-2007 @ 08:42 AM).]

posted 02-05-07 08:42 AM EDT (US)     8 / 37  
Trust me I'd thought of a way to fix the shipment problem but steve_09s comment did bug me until I thought of a way to fix that aswell, which I just need to test slightly then I'll post the strategy.
posted 02-05-07 10:41 AM EDT (US)     9 / 37  
A problem with this (as much as I like it) is that 3 of the cards are Uhlan bugged (the double population half of which won't go away once units are gone-thingy).

Unfortunately, they just happen to be 3 of the strongest:
-Seneca (10 prowlers, 2 travois, uber)
-Cayuga (14 Aenna, 2 War canoes, bye bye boat boom)
-Oneida (10 vills, 1 TC travois, incredible eco boost)

Which leaves you with only 3 cards (actually 2 since you don't want to send Kanyas). Combine that with the fact that you have to send National Unity first (leaving you vulnerable), and the regular Prowler + Mantlet spam is a surer bet.

And if you are not using National Unity, Cuirassiers and Halberdiers are better (and cheaper) mercs.

posted 02-05-07 10:54 AM EDT (US)     10 / 37  
actually I tested in single player by sending prowlers kanyas and tomahawks and when I deleted them the population did disapear, and either way if my tst was somehow wrong the uhlan bug will be fixed next patch.
posted 02-05-07 11:43 AM EDT (US)     11 / 37  
The pop will go away when you delete them. However, when you klick the card pop is added, and once again when the card arrives, so you end up with double the pop cost. When you delete Prowlers for example, you get 1 pop back, leaving you with a total of one lost.
posted 02-05-07 12:32 PM EDT (US)     12 / 37  
Someone made a post about this card a while back(I think), but I don't think anything came from it... in fact, it was one of the reasons I started playing(laming) Iro, but never got to level 40 as I stopped using them after realising just how lame and OP they are(very).

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
posted 02-05-07 02:57 PM EDT (US)     13 / 37  
Well I thought I'd post and say I finally have time to write this up so I'm starting now.
posted 02-06-07 04:37 AM EDT (US)     14 / 37  
I used to do this start before I realized the main cards (as stated above) were bugged:

works best with 300 wood start
-use starting travois to build a longhouse
-build a TP (chop extra wood if needed)
age up with resources politician
- ship 600 gold
fast age up
- ship 'unifying nations'
- spam 250 gold-uber shipments ftw

Old Indian: Once upon a time, a woman was picking up firewood. She came upon a poisonous snake frozen in the snow. She took the snake home and nursed it back to health. One day the snake bit her on the cheek. As she lay dying, she asked the snake, "Why have you done this to me?" And the snake answered, "Look, bitch, you knew I was a snake."
posted 02-06-07 01:09 PM EDT (US)     15 / 37  
Well sorry it took so long but I finally worked it out and managed to get it all written up so enjoy.
posted 02-06-07 01:29 PM EDT (US)     16 / 37  
I like the way you repeated the first paragraph for emphasis

So, do you save the first shipment you get? Because 16 vill age up without 3 vills(you didn't mention it)...

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
posted 02-06-07 03:25 PM EDT (US)     17 / 37  
That wasn't supposed to happen at all, must of been because I wrote the strat itself in word but the opening traight onto here.

yeah you od use the 3 vill shipment :/

[This message has been edited by Destiny_Devil (edited 02-06-2007 @ 03:26 PM).]

posted 02-06-07 04:38 PM EDT (US)     18 / 37  
250 gold is certainly one heck of a good price. So what do the timings end up being for colonial, fortress, etc.? Do you know about what time the troops arrive on the scene? Is there a typical anti-rush procedure you like? (Since people do tend to expect an Iro FF a lot of times if you age up late.)

Are there any recorded games available right now?

Strategies:
- BWKiC - A British Fast Fortress strategy
- The Aztec Scout Slam- An Envoy Rush, Native-Style
posted 02-06-07 05:17 PM EDT (US)     19 / 37  
Yes
No idea I'm not that good a player so I decided to not post timings since one of my biggest flaws as iros is age up times as you should know joe
you have 2/3 warhuts protecting you and if neccasry there is 4 kanya/6 tomma/7 aenna and 8 prowlers and big buttons if neccasary
no since I'm not lv 40 yet
posted 02-07-07 02:12 AM EDT (US)     20 / 37  
So you take the price of 9 irregainable pop by sending Seneca Support?
posted 02-07-07 11:04 AM EDT (US)     21 / 37  
Man how idiotic can people get :/, ever think of waiting until patch 1.03 to use this.
posted 03-07-07 08:48 PM EDT (US)     22 / 37  
this strategy sucks!
and before i start getting yelled at by stonewallj, here is why:

-you need to send atleast 4 shipments for it to be worth it
(you could send 400 of each resource instead and then send one or 2 of those alies)
(instead of paying 1000 for one, you are paying 1000 for 4, meaning that you need 5 shipments for it to be worth it, wich is actually a waste becouse for free you could just ship many fp, upgrade cards and stuff)

-takes too long to get the shipments (you didnt say in ur strat that you should get a tp)
-with the time it takes to get 4 more shipments (besides the cheap card), you could have just sent 4 rams, a few tomehawks, prowlers, free wood upgrade, free plantation+mill....etc

so not worth it, and if you use it for lategame, you are better off paying 1000 for each, or just making them all

ESO: Garlock

[This message has been edited by Garlock13 (edited 03-07-2007 @ 08:49 PM).]

posted 03-07-07 09:08 PM EDT (US)     23 / 37  
Garlock, the whole point of the strat is that he is researching the big buttion market tech (basically mercantillism), and sending unifying nations to fuel what is basically a merc shipment spam. It's kinda like the old mercantillism FF.

He builds a market sometime during discovery/colonial and uses the 200 of each resource to fuel the bb tech. That way, he gets 4/5 shipments and he gets 250 gold mercs.

posted 03-07-07 09:46 PM EDT (US)     24 / 37  
ohh...i skipped that part
but still, dont like it

ESO: Garlock
posted 03-08-07 05:19 PM EDT (US)     25 / 37  
and why would that be, is it too different from the usual cookie cutter BO?

Well anyway aside from that, this may start to gain momentum now that iro can no longer totally rely on the prowler ff and with the bug fixed this is as good an alternative as any.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » Unifying Nations
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames