Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Sioux vs French: Napoleon's Downfall
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 04-03-07 10:42 PM EDT (US)   
If your an avid sioux player like me, then you too have realized that French have become increasingly annoying over the past couple weeks. I'm writing this guide on a whim cuz im bored so i hope it helps

Sioux vs Frenchies

Overall the french are a very hard civilization for the sioux to play against. I would much wrather go up against a 1.02 ottoman. or an Iro/dutch player in 1.03. Why do you ask? This is why.

Their Strengths

Cdb = Makes them almost unrushable
Superior Economy = Makes them hard to boom against
Cuirs = These things are hard to stop, even if your sioux
A good Rush = They can rush you back and pwn you if your not careful

Their Strategies:

Double Rax Spam
Fast Fortress
Pike Rush

Each of these strats meens the sioux player must do something different, I will talk you through on how to beat them.

Double Rax Spam
~ If you know for a fact that your opponent is going to double rax spam then you MUST club rush!

Send 7 clubs and rush as soon as you get your 5 clubs from warhut, take out any of his xbow he has made and take down those rax's. Send 4 axe so you can kill any villagers he has attacking your clubs. Also the axe can then be used on his xbow that come out.

Fast Fortress
~ If they go fast fortress then you are at an advantage, Take them up on this offer to fast fortress yourself.

Spam wakina and ship in rifle riders to deal with his cuirs, If you play it right you can get more wakina then he has skirms which will force him to use his cuirs, Which are easily dispatched by rifle riders. Ship in some axe later and raid him to death while booming. Every sioux player plays their fast fortress different, so you just have to monkey around and find your own technique that works for you.

Pike Rush
~ BY FAR THE WORST! SITUATION. If your opponent is SUPER smart then they will put a rax in a far off corner that you would never find and start to spam pikes.

Now here you have to options. A normal sioux player would see that the french has no rax by their base or between the two towns. So they will fast fortress assuming that the french is doing the same thing, THIS IS SUICIDAL. He will come into your base with around 25 pikes and completely whipe out your base, leaving you in ruins. On the other hand, you can club rush. Thinking you can catch him off gaurd, well same thing happens. You lose your base to pikes, while he ruins your rush with cdb plus shipment of xbow and Minute men.

How do you stop it?.. Rifle rider convert could be an option, raiding with cav until he comes at you with pike and then convert and whipe out his army and then immediatly go fortress after converting. Another way is to do a 15 cetan semi Fast fortress and defend yourself.

Remember: Each game is different vs a french player, and you must adapt!

Comments? Thoughts? This took me like 10 minutes cuz i was bored so I will be adding stuff

"Smear's WarChief tumbles through the stage, leaps off of it right onto Mokon's car in front of the stage."
Full Guides:
~Sioux Survival Guide: The Last Stand
~The Tashunke Shank: A New Hope
Mini Guides:
~Sioux vs French: Napoleons Downfall
Replies:
posted 04-05-07 05:40 PM EDT (US)     51 / 57  
Agreed. I'd like to hear the gory details once it's patched (kind of like the "secret Dutch OP strat".)
Lol. Yeah same here BJ.

DONofCHRON writes:
F Bill writes:
OMG What has this thread turned into.

It bares strong resemblance to Ultimitsu's "guide" to the dutch and his endless attempts to overshadow Ender, in more notably the "ottomans; cant win since the patch" thread a couple weeks back.

Ultimitsu writes:
thats percisely the point - assuming one's ability and expereince based on ESO stats and use that in a forum debate is foolish

What is foolish is, in nearly every thread you post in, you make reference to how you do not play on ESO, and why it is saturated with flaws. However, this does not prevent you then from citing, statistics from, ESO... to substantiate your arguments?

Stick to your virtual lan, with its handful of decent players.

Couldn't agree more mate! Smear's guide was cool but but we seem to have been overrun by Ulti and various hypocrisies. No more useful info is likely to appear anytime soon, so I think I can't be bothered coming back to it. Btw, I would take Smear's experience over Ulti's paper anytime. With respect Ulti, get lost and let other people have good time. We may wish to try this ourselves BEFORE having you try to convince us it won't work.

Ceres 629's strategy guides

Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire.

0 A.D

[This message has been edited by egel (edited 04-05-2007 @ 05:47 PM).]

posted 04-05-07 05:54 PM EDT (US)     52 / 57  
Ulti, I understand that you wish to express your logic and whats right and whats wrong with guides, but stop stamping your foot down all the time. Express your opinions in a nicer manner and then you won't have to end up writing essays defending yourself and refuting what was said against you.

Previously known as MoNo Ager
posted 04-05-07 06:20 PM EDT (US)     53 / 57  
Express your opinions in a nicer manner and then you won't have to end up writing essays defending yourself and refuting what was said against you.

George, Correct me if I am wrong but IIRC I have only been "not nice" after from Smear made that arrogant and insulting comment.

We may wish to try this ourselves BEFORE having you try to convince us it won't work.

Er.... Where did I stop any one from doing that?

Regarding the subject of this topic, I simply said there is a major flaw in Sioux counter cycle, with french being one of the strongest in this patch, it is a near impossible match.

In fact Smear himself made very similar comment I dont see you getting worked up about it.

Idk mate but sioux is almost impossible vs french xD unless the french is stupid.

--- from the "How to Nerf French" thread

posted 04-05-07 07:03 PM EDT (US)     54 / 57  
Way to kill my thread Ultamite.

-.-

"Smear's WarChief tumbles through the stage, leaps off of it right onto Mokon's car in front of the stage."
Full Guides:
~Sioux Survival Guide: The Last Stand
~The Tashunke Shank: A New Hope
Mini Guides:
~Sioux vs French: Napoleons Downfall
posted 04-05-07 07:09 PM EDT (US)     55 / 57  
Nice job Ulti *Hardy sarcastic laughs*.
posted 04-06-07 00:02 AM EDT (US)     56 / 57  
this is forum, where discussions follow facts, logic and reason, NOT rating or ranking.

if you feel that strongly about rating, you should go to AS, because 2000 is considered "noob" over there.

That is the voice of a nub. Your Logic is just thought without grounding in reality... a 2100 has some reality points, a 1600 telling him he is wrong, is an idiot.

posted 04-06-07 09:57 AM EDT (US)     57 / 57  
Ok guys. You've had your moment of fun, but the party is over now.

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » Sioux vs French: Napoleon's Downfall
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames