You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Dutch Church FI
posted 04-10-07 06:53 PM EDT (US)   
This is a serious strategy, that I have recently seen used by several expert players in various forms, but when I noticed there was no guide for it I decided to make one.

Key Cards:

Explorer Card
CM
700 Food
700 Wood
Bank Card
Church Card
1000 Food
14 Skirm
17 Ruyter
2 Factory
2 Heavy Cannon

Ok now for the order:
3 Vil Gold
Rest Food
Adv w/ 400 Wood
Send 700 wood
Send Bank Card
Send 700 food
Adv w/ Exiled Prince
Send 1000 Food
Send Church card (this can be moved)
Adv w/ 1000 gold
Build Musk+Stradiot from Church (If I did not say that someone would tell me Dutch dont get Muskets...)
Ship Fact (-1) or 2 Cannon (+/-) or Skirm (+1)
RapEZ

Build Order Notes:
(1) I will not suppy res balance vil layouts
(2) You need CM + (hopefully) Swiss Pikes + 7 Skirm to bail out if you get into hot water.
(3)Some of the cards can be moved: Church + Indust Cards
(4) Eat sheep at start for faster adv
(5) Hunt micro is your friend bec if they rush it can get pretty close =/

Varations:
(1) 1 Tp Early in 1st age on Maps such as Texas
(2) Send CM 4 Rush
(3) Send Explorer card and do 3 TC modified GH to defend
(4) On water (3 Fluyt) + (2 Fluyt + 1 Monitor) necessary

The strength of the strat comes from an Instant first class army upon advancing Industrial, and the use of the dutch Turtle power. This has been developed for Dutch Mirror and for facing the GH FF, bec you end up will a full army and Mortar with an about equal economey (in 3 TC versioN) by 12ish.

[This message has been edited by Time4Victory (edited 04-10-2007 @ 07:34 PM).]

Replies:
posted 04-10-07 07:22 PM EDT (US)     1 / 19  
Sounds good. But age up times would be nice.

[This message has been edited by frederick bill (edited 04-11-2007 @ 12:22 PM).]

posted 04-10-07 07:42 PM EDT (US)     2 / 19  
got times?

when do you reach age4, when do you get all units etc.

problem with dutch fi, in my attempts, is that they dont have super militery shipments to abuse, you get 2 HC and thats it.

nor do they get huge economic bonus.

i feel they run out of breath after you lose the muskts and stradiots.

but if you can do better please share.

posted 04-10-07 08:06 PM EDT (US)     3 / 19  
They have a nice native card you can send infinitely, which was boosted in 1.03.

3 lil bombards is pretty good too.

17 Ruyters (new in TWC) is better than your average industrial shipment.

agecommunity quote of the month Ok i have payed for this game for al my moneythat i get in a month so when i go online isee these 9 year old kids that beat me that have played for 2 weeks and i have played since release of vanilla so im pretty pissed of that es dosent want to do anything about the balance of the game.

[This message has been edited by jaafit (edited 04-10-2007 @ 08:12 PM).]

posted 04-10-07 08:16 PM EDT (US)     4 / 19  
got times?
when do you reach age4, when do you get all units etc.

problem with dutch fi, in my attempts, is that they dont have super militery shipments to abuse, you get 2 HC and thats it.

nor do they get huge economic bonus.

i feel they run out of breath after you lose the muskts and stradiots.

but if you can do better please share.

Tbh I dont even feel like replying to you... I have seen some of your other posts and they are always ZzZzZZzZZZ.

First you have a top class eco if you do the 3 TC variation with the explorer, and if you do the TP model you end up with enough shipments after the first engagement to get the Factories quick.

The TIme for 30 Musk + Stradiot + 2 Cannon(slightly later) If needed is 12:00 Tp version (perhaps earlier if your micro is better), 12:30-13:00 with 3 TC.

I tested this at my own nub level =( (1900) v. Several other 1900ish players with very good results.... This was also tested by 2k+ players, and was recently used in a game against grunt below is the age community link (he lost but who beats grunt =P).... Peace.

http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/GameStats.aspx?loc=en-US&GameID=98310afa-7973-4fe1-acf4-2c94902340d8&s Flag=1&md=ZS_Supremacy

(I am pretty sure he does 3 TC variation)

[This message has been edited by Time4Victory (edited 04-10-2007 @ 08:34 PM).]

posted 04-10-07 10:10 PM EDT (US)     5 / 19  
They have a nice native card you can send infinitely, which was boosted in 1.03.
3 lil bombards is pretty good too.

17 Ruyters (new in TWC) is better than your average industrial shipment.

how were the native boosted?

3 lil bombards are good, a bit hard to afford straight after 3k spend on church units though.

17 ruyter is of very good value, but when I have 30 muskts for anti cav, I'd want something more offensive.

posted 04-13-07 12:14 PM EDT (US)     6 / 19  
Time4Victory suxs balls
posted 04-13-07 12:42 PM EDT (US)     7 / 19  
warriors_thor go back to the saloon......
posted 04-13-07 06:18 PM EDT (US)     8 / 19  
Frederick Bill go back to the Mars where you belong.
posted 04-13-07 10:17 PM EDT (US)     9 / 19  
xD
posted 04-14-07 08:12 AM EDT (US)     10 / 19  
I had this sort of strat ages ago, called the "Stadhouder Surprise", only I created that at noob level, and it only worked on noobs. If I were to do that now, I'd cut my returns and attack earlier, with less army, maybe shipping 14 skirms/2 HC/natives card etc.. while still getting the stadhouders.

armyballer - Another 3v3, this time my team is winning, (about an hour into it). One of the other team players admits defeat and resigns, then out of no where I get OOS message. I'm pissed, I again log onto agecommunity and see I have been given a LOSE. How did this happen?

AceOfKings - ender_ward hacked into your game and made it go OOS

Unban JamesLock
posted 04-14-07 08:25 AM EDT (US)     11 / 19  
Stadhouders is one messed up card :-(

+50% explorer HP
+50% attack for explorer
Super Wardog
200 wood TC's

All for an age 1 card

posted 04-14-07 02:40 PM EDT (US)     12 / 19  
+50% explorer HP
+50% attack for explorer
Super Wardog
200 wood TC's
All for an age 1 card

Trust me its not that good...

being age1 card doesnt mean you will use it in age1, you dont get to build TCs till age3, so that bonus doesnt help at all for first 8 minutes, it slows you down a lot since you dont get that extra work force of vils or trickle, but you dont gain as much as you did in vanilla with it because everyone else's sniper cools down faster and treasures are now more heavily guarded. the dog is not a war dog, it has more HP but less attack. +50% may sound a lot, but it's really only 200hp + 3 attack for 1 unit......

overall i think it was agreed that this card is OK, but not better than 3 vils, or any normal dutch start.

posted 04-14-07 03:10 PM EDT (US)     13 / 19  
If Dutch had 99 vill limit and if Dutch villagers could build TCs this would be one of the most OP cards ever. But they cant...

Btw this strategy isnt all that great IMO, a strong rush blasts even a CM TC and a strong, early age3 attack cant be countered by simply a CM TC and 12 swiss pikes.

posted 04-14-07 09:12 PM EDT (US)     14 / 19  
how were the native boosted?

jaffit was talking about the 30 carib blowgunner shipment(repeat). It was bugged pre 1.03(don't provide elite lvel upgrade) and it is fixed in 1.03.

Ulti's word of wisdom :

since the start of aoe3, every unit that can move has been a direct counter to grenadiers, even villagers(since they have bonuses against siege troops)

posted 04-19-07 05:22 PM EDT (US)     15 / 19  

The 30 Guard Musks you get are called Stadhouders. I mean them, not the shitty card.

armyballer - Another 3v3, this time my team is winning, (about an hour into it). One of the other team players admits defeat and resigns, then out of no where I get OOS message. I'm pissed, I again log onto agecommunity and see I have been given a LOSE. How did this happen?

AceOfKings - ender_ward hacked into your game and made it go OOS

Unban JamesLock
posted 06-14-07 10:09 PM EDT (US)     16 / 19  
No, dude, the 30 guard muskets are stradiots. Stadhouder is the card that gives your explorer some weird unneeded improvements. The only good it really does is the cheap town center and just a little extra creeping ability, and by the time you send it (which, if you bother, would be around age 3 or something), there arent that many treasures left on the map. I like the stradiots though, they're a great way to go over the pop limit (get your pop to 199, then use stradiots tech, you get like 229 pop) if you turtle, and a nice surprise for those that get past your defenses, plus they annihilate cavalry i think.
posted 06-14-07 10:22 PM EDT (US)     17 / 19  
Stadhhoulder is the card that gives cheap TC, but also the 30 musks in the Church.
Stradiots are merc cav, Waardlgendrends are Stradiot that you get at the Dutch Church.
posted 06-15-07 00:26 AM EDT (US)     18 / 19  
LMAO!!! omg floyd was that supposed to be a joke?

cause if it was i thought it was funny

quoted from jafit talking smack about ender in regards to the abus nerf: "He's probably in a fetal position on the floor holding an action figure abus gun."
posted 06-15-07 04:35 AM EDT (US)     19 / 19  
No, dude, the 30 guard muskets are stradiots. Stadhouder is the card that gives your explorer some weird unneeded improvements. The only good it really does is the cheap town center and just a little extra creeping ability, and by the time you send it (which, if you bother, would be around age 3 or something), there arent that many treasures left on the map. I like the stradiots though, they're a great way to go over the pop limit (get your pop to 199, then use stradiots tech, you get like 229 pop) if you turtle, and a nice surprise for those that get past your defenses, plus they annihilate cavalry i think.
If you're going to be a thread necromancer, at least get your facts straight.

The stadhouder (explorer) card is pretty good actually because you get the extra minutemen too.

•Qazitory•
•AoE3 rating: Qazitory
My AoE3:TWC mods: QazUI - Treasure - Main Menu - Low Lag HC - Deck selection•
•Guide my keystrokes, keep my programs alive, protect me from viruses, back up my drive.•
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » Dutch Church FI
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames