Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: My little guide to India
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 12-05-07 12:42 PM EDT (US)   
A little guide to the Indians

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forums but have read them with interest since a long time, so I have decided to join it with my little guide to the Indians. My English is not the best so I apologize in advance.

Many players have troubles with India because they are slightly up. During my long time playing with them I have discovered some strats that helped me a lot. I don’t know if the following was there like this before or was discovered the same way by some others. I don’t have a special name for it, but here it is:

Basic semi-ff:

First 3 vils go to food the other 2 collect crates (leaving the gold ones) then they go also to food, all new vils too
-till you have 800 food. Meanwhile the 2 explorers collect all treasures (food for a quicker advance, or wood to build more vils faster) for some exp or the important herdables.

When you have 800 food one vil begins to build the taj mahal while the rest immediately goes to wood, after that he follows the wood choppers.

During this your first card should be the wood trickle card (other possible cards are mentioned below). While aging, train vils and build one or two houses. As soon as the wood card arrive leave 5 vils on wood (this is enough for constant vil production + some houses) and the rest go to food until you have 5 or 6 on it. Then all new ones go to gold - crates then mine. Your 2nd card should be the 4 sowar card. Use them to raid constantly like some Dutch doing this with their 3 hussars while performing an ff.

Then you should be able to go to the 3rd with the masabdar thing using 4 of your vils from a resource you have enough. Your goal is to send the 7 urumi card immediately in the 3rd age. Between aging build a barrack and some houses. After arriving you should build a consulate choosing the Brits for hp boost and the muskets. Also you should build gukhas for the rest of 500+ food or sepoys (sepoys against Chinese (disciples) and Spain for (rods and lancers), ghurkas against Dutch (ryuter and skirms) for example.

Your next card should be the two mahouts because they are doing very well against skirms and falcs. The intervention card giving your some muskets is also a good card for all purposes (meatshild or a bit for sieging). As soon as you have the 400 export, send also muskets (or wait till you have 450 for some petards which do very well against an Agra fort, or a normal Europe fort). If you think your enemy is going to get you with falcs then you should send the two siege elephants as your card after the urumis or the 2 mahouts. The micro is very important to get his army beaten, so drive your mahouts from the front away while your musks/gurkhas/urumis are killing his units. Then your mahouts are able to get his li or his falcs. Against Spain you should send the 2 howdahs against his lancers, just choose your cards to counter his army. The urumis do very well against all units and while mostly your enemy is focusing on your big mahouts. I would recommend to put the 2nd urumi card in your deck too because against hi you are going to get big problems without them.

Exceptions:

If you are going to fight on a water map and you think he is going on water (deck check and exploration) send the 2 caravel card (setting the arrival point near his coast) in order to distract his eco.

If he is going to attack you early and the map you are fighting on is great for map control (like Honshu and Dekkan I think) you should move one vil before aging to a choke point building the agra fort while sending 5 sepoys as your first card. In this case you should reorganize your vils so you are able to produce sepoys and gurkhas constantly. Attack early distracting his eco and fight him off in colonial. I recommend this against an ottoman player where a good defense/forward base is very important. On maps like Honshu you should be able to produce caravels and sepoys/gurkhas to fight him by land and while distracting him by sea. Also important to say is that you should add sowars against abus guns.

If you don’t know if he is attacking early and you have already chosen the taj mahal send the tigerclaws and build a barrack immediately while calling cease fire in case of an attack. Build gurkhas or sepoys in order to counter his army. You should be able to get the gold from the tigerclaws back safety. Try to find a balance between defending and advancing to the 3rd. In age 3 the urumis help a lot against everything while having the mahout as a good meatshild.

If you are in the 3rd age and you got a good defense but you haven’t the right force for an offence, try to focus more on food and build a holy field with as many cows you can afford. I recommend this also for late game because this allows you to send more cards like the elephant attack/defense or the sepoy/gurka attack/defense cards while having some good military shipments.

Cards:

The cards you choose - and if you play one card, are a matter of the situation and a matter of your exp. If you think you cannot manage to send the 4 sowars or the 2 caravels immediately as soon as you arrive in the 2nd age you should spare your 1st card having 7 vils on wood (instead of 5). As your 2nd card you should send the bigger wood tickle card, leaving 3 vils on wood after it arrives.

Against Japanese and Ports you should think about not sending the 4 sowars because these civs are able to collect resources very safety. Let the map decide but it is important to say that an early attack with the sowars distracts very well, leaving you enough time to advance.

When your sowars got beaten or you think a little defense is necessary to fulfill the advance send the 5 sepoys after them. This plus your cease fire should be enough to hold him off till you have the mahout and your urumis arriving. Just remember that the pressure you create is important to give you enough time.

Another possible thing is to send the 1st age consulate card (I don’t know the English translation) as your first card, which allows you to send all technologies from allies cheaper. Your 2nd card should be the 300 export. Choosing the French, allows you to send 2 crates and the 3rd crate after a short time. These 2 cards give you an amount of 1500 resources which is a great boost in age 2 or 3. But it is just an idea.

I have also added some recs, 2 versus a Dutch and one against an Ottoman. I´m not the best (constant vil production and so), but they show the thought of my strat very well. The times for aging are round 4:00 for the 2nd and around 9:00 for the 3rd age (arriving).

Against Dutch on Prairie(2000+):
http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=1706

Against another Dutch on Painted Desert(2100+):
http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=1707

Against Otto on Honshu colonial fighting (2000+):
http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=1705

So I know I have written it very long and not structured as it should be, but I hope the recs and this little guide helps some of you the same way it helped me. I am also interested about your comments, but always remember I am not the best!

Best regards
Replies:
posted 12-08-07 09:18 PM EDT (US)     26 / 37  
imo a great way to fight hi is howdahs w/ some gurkas, seeing as they have insane high attack/hp and hi have no bonus vs them. plus if they try to add cav the howdahs counter them easily.

quoted from jafit talking smack about ender in regards to the abus nerf: "He's probably in a fetal position on the floor holding an action figure abus gun."
posted 01-20-08 01:12 PM EDT (US)     27 / 37  
Would love to watch these videos, but where do I save them at? I tried My Documents/My Games/ Age of Empires III/Savegames but it doesnt work. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Forgot to extract files sorry!

Good games!

[This message has been edited by Robinson479 (edited 01-20-2008 @ 02:10 PM).]

posted 01-20-08 04:36 PM EDT (US)     28 / 37  
^ lol

Hope they help!
posted 01-20-08 07:28 PM EDT (US)     29 / 37  
Molch - any advice on playing sioux?

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Trample the Weak - Hurdle the Dead!
"It's kind of a...persnickety magic." Atzy
End of Nations!
End of Nations Community Manager
posted 01-20-08 08:21 PM EDT (US)     30 / 37  
Hi Myll_Erik
I have deleted my "nonsense".
Best regards

[This message has been edited by Grottenmolch (edited 01-20-2008 @ 08:46 PM).]

posted 01-20-08 08:33 PM EDT (US)     31 / 37  
Guess I should have been more specific :P

As india playing against a sioux :P

Veni, Vidi, Vici
End of Nations!
posted 01-20-08 08:39 PM EDT (US)     32 / 37  
Ok against sioux I would check if he is ff or rushing and then doing the same thing as you would against an otto (if he rushes) or just the standard thing I mentioned.
But what problem do you face specifically ?

[This message has been edited by Grottenmolch (edited 01-20-2008 @ 08:49 PM).]

posted 01-22-08 02:06 AM EDT (US)     33 / 37  
i noticed your vil production is not exactly steady. how do you know when to stop and start?

and in the otto rec. why did you get spies from consulate?

and why leave the gold crates?

and a lot of times you just hunt far away from TC and outpost. how do you know your vills won't get killed/raided? (sometimes you do this when your cease fire is recharging)

[This message has been edited by far_easterner (edited 01-22-2008 @ 02:22 AM).]

posted 01-22-08 07:06 PM EDT (US)     34 / 37  
My problem seems to be stopping the sioux from raiding me...I know I need to pressure him to stop the raiding, but since he ups before me, I find it difficult to get the early pressure.

Veni, Vidi, Vici
End of Nations!
posted 01-22-08 09:17 PM EDT (US)     35 / 37  
@myll_erik

i think if sioux player ages before you...you aren't doing it right. on second thought, are we talkin colonial? or fortress? cuz grottenmolch's fortress is super slow and leaves you super vulnerable between 4:30 and about 8:00 min. i found the best bet is to do taj mahal and then send 700 food to age up if you're going fortres. that gets me building the wonder at about 6:20 or so and you have an age 3 shipment waiting when you get there.

then again i'm only lvl 23...
posted 01-22-08 10:22 PM EDT (US)     36 / 37  
Sioux at like the 30 PR level usually ages faster than I, or about the same time - and get his military out quicker than me. He either sieges my fort/my tc. Hard to get out my gurhkas/sepoys/sowars before I lose my houses/forward.

Veni, Vidi, Vici
End of Nations!
posted 01-23-08 09:19 AM EDT (US)     37 / 37  
Hi far-easterner
to answer your questions:
-I have a break in constant vil production in order to use all the food and collect the needed food to age up early to send 4 sowars and so earlier (as mentioned in the build order)
-I got spies to aid my sowars and tiger claws against his abus guns (i knew he surely have to come handle my gurkhas), they do better then other consulate units (except ottoman hussars, but i needed the british hp boost).
-which gold? i leave the gold in age 1 to collect faster the needed food. When im collecting gold, i collect the starting gold, if i got you right in this point.
-I know i leave my vils sometimes in a risky spot (i could build a tower thing, wall or military to protect), as i dont have to fear constant raids everywhere because the opponent is not perfect and they collect the faster hunts or so. I make mistakes too, but no risk no fun.
And it is a semi-ff but you catch it up with disturbing him and with the taj (as also mentioned), this way your eco will not be so ruined as if you go for a ff.

@myll_erik:
I recommend to go like in my mentioned part against an ottoman for the agra fort. Build it not so far away from your TC and secure hunts with it. If he allready have aged send some vils to build it faster (perhaps some of the food villies).
When arriving do a mix of gurkhas and sepoys to counter his attacks and protect your eco. You send as your first card the first wood trickle card and 5sepoys as your second. After that when things go easier you can go for 700 gold or 700 food to age to 3rd, or for 4sowars to intercept his eco or for the sencond wood tickle card to "boom" a bit.
You can fight it out in colonial with sepoys, some gurkhas and sowars or go as mentioned for the 3rd having better cards, there you need to get his rifle riders to bring your mahouts to life.
Think of the ottomans as a consulate partner as they grant a great LOS to warn you early (you can place one explorer near you villies to warn you much earlier) and the give you the MM (great help) and 4 villies for "booming" again while "turtleing" as mentioned (also great help, the ottoman are one of my favourite partner beside the british).
Or another good idea is to build only sepoys send as your first card 5 of them and 4 sowars right after them, leaving many villies on wood to pruduce villies constantly.
This will maybe allow you to rush him destroying his warhut.
Tiger claws can help against cetan bows.
Oh and a great but slower combo for colonial is to go for zamburaks (sp) an gurkhas, these two units do very well in colonial.
I have to admit that i havent faced sioux so much when playing india, so these suggestions are not the "super counter". I hope this will be helpful anyway.
Best regards

EDIT: One thing to think about is massing rajputs, because they are like rods and sioux have no musk type so they will do quite well! So i think the best thing is to go for them in colonial with sepoys added. So you should send 5 of the rajput as one of your colonial cards.

[This message has been edited by Grottenmolch (edited 01-23-2008 @ 01:22 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » My little guide to India
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: