Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Pimp my Strelets
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 11-07-08 05:26 AM EDT (US)   
Yo yo,

Just wanted to share a deck with the folks here. It's a pretty standard Russian deck but it's all about what you do with it. I like to use it to keep my opponent and myself in the 2nd age where I make my strelets and muskets unstoppable.

Age 1:
Wood Trickle
Economic Theory
Land Grab

Age 2:
5 Cossacks
13 Strelets
Church Card
Advanced Arsenal
700 Food
600 Food
700 Coin
Boyars (15% boost to attack/defend for strelet, cossack, opri)
Fast Infantry Card
Fast Cav Card

Age 3:
1000 Food
1000 Wood
Strelet Combat (20% Boost to Attack/Defend for Strelets)
Pillage (50% Boost to Infantry Seige)
2 Cannon
Universal Food Boost
Universal Coin Boost
Some other Cards

Age 4:
Factory Cards

The idea behind this deck is to keep your opponent in the 2nd age while you upgrade the crap out of your troops. It makes for really exciting games where you fight often, win a battle, wait, upgrade troops, fight some more.

Strelets with Boyars, and the boosts in the 2nd age (the 15% one and counter infantry rifling) make them completely unstoppable, especially when you have some muskets surrounding them with socket bayonet upgrade.

Also, by staying in the 2nd age for a while, it gives you the opportunity to send your church upgrade card (which I usually send if I'm planning on going up in age). I plan for it and build a church in transition and get Westernization right as I hit age 3. First card in age 3 is strelet combat (another 20% boost to attack and defend for strelets) on top of the 20% veteran boost, 15% boost from boyars, the 10% boost to hp and 15% boost to attack from the arsenal, and counter infantry rifling which renders any heavy infantry utterly useless.

Obviously, your opponent will wisen up and try to go cavalry on you, which is why you have to mix in some muskets in there too. The advanced arsenal upgrades make your muskets pretty unstoppable as well, especially with socket bayonet. I tend to get advanced arsenal earlier than other people, sometimes before I ship my food crates.

The general strategy I use is 17 vill ageup, distributivism first card. Build blockhouse during transition to 2nd, as usual. The tricky thing is, do you forward it? I do, but not very far. I put my first blockhouse near where my vills are to protect them. I usually forward it to my 2nd or 3rd coin mine, hunts, native settlement, or tradepost. You know, take something of value. 1st shipment is 5 cossacks, 13 strelets next, while you build some strelets and musks.

I do NOT stop building villagers unless desperate. My general policy is to have vills cued up, and to get the market food research done ASAP.

Next shipment is either advanced arsenal or 700 food. This depends on whether troops have been accumulated or not. Do I have a large army and excesses of coin and wood? Ship the arsenal. Otherwise, if you need to replenish your troops after a skirmish or you've fallen behind on villagers, get the food.

Notes of Caution***

This is probably not a good strategy against FF. You attack kind of late using this strategy, no earlier than 8 minutes, so it'll give your FFing opponent time to get cannons (death sentence) or put up some defensive structures like a fort.

Also, since you are not using much cavalry, watch out for Abus guns. They are anti-heavy infantry, but they absolutely demolish strelets too.

Cav can be problematic but with advanced arsenal, even the weak Russian musks become power houses vs. cavalry. Also, fully upgraded strelets hold their own vs cavalry.

Other than that, pimp those strelets. Nothing beats taking down a TC in age 3 with strelets boosted by veteran status, boyars, strelet combat, arsenal techs, and pillage.
Replies:
posted 11-10-08 07:32 AM EDT (US)     51 / 66  
Woohoo! That took a while. That guy was seriously getting on my nerves.

Woah, he had that many smurfs?

[This message has been edited by Arcane Ranger (edited 11-10-2008 @ 07:34 AM).]

posted 11-10-08 09:23 AM EDT (US)     52 / 66  
I think the basic problem this forum (or more specifically this thread) has, is, that Eicho is a slimy piece of .... .
He takes pleasure in going offtopic all the time and in insulting people heavily.
He should be banned from these forums (actually, it's Fora; latin plural of forum)
because people like him just take the fun out of discussing IMO.
posted 11-10-08 02:05 PM EDT (US)     53 / 66  
Loessli = Bastiaan !!! (Bastiaan is, or was, his ESO account)

So bastiaan, i know you are jelaus of me because im better than you in almost every good aspect of life, but no need to come to HG with another name to flame me
If i didn't discovered this, i would have kinda flamed you know, but Bastiaan! xD

@ Cheese:
This BrianManahan guy also posts (and annoys) people in AgeSanc, so can you please tell me (or go tell Viper, directly) what was the name of his previous account?
Maybe he is also evading a ban by his new account in AgeSanc too, so hopefully i can get him banned form there too. (Although i liked the pictures he posted )
posted 11-10-08 02:19 PM EDT (US)     54 / 66  
here's the link : http://www.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=27,321987,,10

all the aliases there are all brian :P
there's a link near the bottom that leads to even more smurfs... now kiv got his IP so bye bye forever :P
posted 11-10-08 03:24 PM EDT (US)     55 / 66  

[This message has been edited by LordKivlov (edited 11-10-2008 @ 06:30 PM).]

posted 11-10-08 04:35 PM EDT (US)     56 / 66  

posted 11-10-08 04:40 PM EDT (US)     57 / 66  

[This message has been edited by LordKivlov (edited 11-10-2008 @ 06:31 PM).]

posted 11-10-08 04:43 PM EDT (US)     58 / 66  

posted 11-10-08 07:59 PM EDT (US)     59 / 66  
Lol, more edited blank posts.

Eicho got banned again? Is it for life now?
posted 11-10-08 08:47 PM EDT (US)     60 / 66  
It's for a week so long as he stops emailing me.

Anyway, can we get this thread back on topic please?

Or does no one want to help this fine fellow with his strelets.

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
posted 11-10-08 10:14 PM EDT (US)     61 / 66  
^^ darn it kiv why you edit those... I wanted to see who got owned :P

Also you never really mentioned aging to fortress, do you send the 700 coin or put a couple batches of vills on coin? You obviously get fortress some time though because strelet combat+pillage are age 3 cards.
posted 11-10-08 10:23 PM EDT (US)     62 / 66  
I see... I'll go check mod announcements to see why...

*checks mod announcements*

Ah, I see. Trolling and Flaming, along with advertising with Loessli.

[This message has been edited by Arcane Ranger (edited 11-10-2008 @ 10:27 PM).]

posted 11-10-08 10:46 PM EDT (US)     63 / 66  
along with advertising with Loessli.
That made me laugh.

The benefits of getting 13 Strelets or 4 Cossacks out or even Sevastopol instead of Advanced Arsenal that earlier would be far greater. Maybe a bit later into Colonial it would be worth the massive amount of resources it costs to upgrade the AA techs.

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan

[This message has been edited by LordKivlov (edited 11-10-2008 @ 10:47 PM).]

posted 11-11-08 00:53 AM EDT (US)     64 / 66  
Eicho = Pwned
posted 11-11-08 03:10 PM EDT (US)     65 / 66  
Eicho = pwn bye me. LOVE ME!!!

Anyhow, i'd say, russian no-vill rush is still top of the list to go as russia in any case when performing a rush...
Let alone the 4. age as russia, i know that russia is very strong at no rush games, but it's not that easy if you have to put up a good spamming eco while fighting vs heavy booming civs such as brits, france, dutch. These should be taken down before they can unleash their beastly boom upon your worthless triple tc villspam...
posted 11-13-08 01:56 AM EDT (US)     66 / 66  
Damn it I missed Eicho and his "wacky antics". How quickly did you get to deleting the posts Kiv?

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » Pimp my Strelets
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames