You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: I need some help with FF times.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 11-11-08 03:09 PM EDT (US)   
I usually play with ottos and i have a 8:30 FF time. Is there any way that i can bring that down to a lower number?

ESO login: Masked8407
Statistics pages: http://www.eso.com/stats/EntityStats.aspx?loc=en-US&EntityName=Masked8407&md=ZS_Supremacy&sFlag=*
Vanilla: For the asterisk, put 0
TWC: For the asterisk, put 1
Replies:
posted 11-13-08 10:08 PM EDT (US)     26 / 48  
I did droid. Okay, I'm going to assume this is probably the way to do the fastest ottoman ff possible.

"Ship in 300f, this cuts of around 15 seconds or so.

Age to colonial with 500f, this cuts off another 30 seconds or so.

Age with fast age up politician, this cuts off 1:00 of aging time.

Now, you'll hit colonial at roughly 3:30 or so. By gather resources and crates, it will bring you to around 5:00. This is when the rush usually hits (shipped and made units to harass). Add another 30 seconds with the fast age up politician and you reach fortress, no rax, limited housing, no units, and a horrible economy.

I believe that you can actually reach fortress by 5:30 or so, but to do it, you sacrifice both economy and military. You'll have no men to defend against a rush, and he can easily pop-cap you. This strategy will only work if the other player is booming or turtling, in which case, he can still out mass you until you really get enough economy."

actually, the 300 food comes too late.

and the 500 food would be a surplus if you send the 700 gold as second card. and the fast age-up is 40 seconds the last time i checked. it is in Xentelain's ui.

"The Fast Age Politician speeds the age-up time to 30 seconds from Discovery to Colonial, 40 seconds from Colonial to Fortress, 30 seconds from Fortress to Industrial, and 30 seconds from Industrial to Imperial."

and that came from Cyclohexane's AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference.

i personally think that there is no way that you can do this in like 5:15.

IMO mac, you are fighting a losing battle

ESO login: Masked8407
Statistics pages: http://www.eso.com/stats/EntityStats.aspx?loc=en-US&EntityName=Masked8407&md=ZS_Supremacy&sFlag=*
Vanilla: For the asterisk, put 0
TWC: For the asterisk, put 1

[This message has been edited by Masked8407 (edited 11-13-2008 @ 10:09 PM).]

posted 11-13-08 10:26 PM EDT (US)     27 / 48  
I think the 300f cuts off maybe 100f or so that you have to gather. That results in a around 10 second bonus. I personally think that the 500f will result in a small surplus (maybe 100f-200f), but it will still cut off 20 seconds or so. Ah, so it's a 40 second age up, thanks for the correction.

This leaves it at around a 3:45 colonial and a 5:40-6:00 fortress.
posted 11-13-08 11:21 PM EDT (US)     28 / 48  
" I think the 300f cuts off maybe 100f or so that you have to gather. That results in a around 10 second bonus. I personally think that the 500f will result in a small surplus (maybe 100f-200f), but it will still cut off 20 seconds or so. Ah, so it's a 40 second age up, thanks for the correction."

i don't care if it gets you up faster but i will be concerned if this is actually your first card lol.
posted 11-14-08 00:13 AM EDT (US)     29 / 48  
Yeah 300 food isn't really going to help you much since (if you're doing your herding and hunting right...) you should be very close to aging by the time the 300 food get there. Ship 3 villies they are needed to gather resources for fortress.
I think I remember seeing something like this in Ender's Power Play Strategy. You can get Spahis out very fast by aging with the Fast Age Up politician and shipping 700 food after 700 gold.

Its usually better to age with the 4 hussar politician though.

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret
posted 11-14-08 07:33 AM EDT (US)     30 / 48  
I didn't mean you should ship 300f first, it's just that that's probably the fastest way. :/
posted 11-14-08 09:38 AM EDT (US)     31 / 48  
Its not the fastest way because the 300 food gets there too late.
actually, the 300 food comes too late.
Arcane, it gets there too late

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret

[This message has been edited by Droideka_11 (edited 11-14-2008 @ 09:43 AM).]

posted 11-14-08 06:25 PM EDT (US)     32 / 48  
"Its usually better to age with the 4 hussar politician though."

+1
or 4 abus that's pretty good also... I'm not a fan of fast age up unless you absolutely have to.
posted 11-14-08 09:31 PM EDT (US)     33 / 48  
Okay, okay I get it.

I still think you can gather a minimum amount of food from it though. :/
posted 11-15-08 12:39 PM EDT (US)     34 / 48  
3 vill > 300 food in speed because the 3 vill will help you get more food/gold for age 3 while 300 food is just 1 time effect. I think a vill gets 42 food/ min from hunts so 3 vills will get 126 food/min and in 3 min they'll have given you more than 300 food.

[This message has been edited by CrazyLunatic (edited 11-15-2008 @ 12:40 PM).]

posted 11-15-08 03:53 PM EDT (US)     35 / 48  
shipments also take 60 seconds, so your 300 food arrives too late for efficient collecting. you would probably have 600-700 food already, which renders your 300 food probably useless.

3 setler much better

SC2: Valckrie.Incarnate {Add me!}
Fear is only a four-letter word. Why be afraid?

Guides:
BMS | British Guide | BHM | RSFF | Rec Games
posted 11-15-08 11:39 PM EDT (US)     36 / 48  
who gives a **** guys this ****ing topic was like a week ago and most of you idiots except a few give me shit responses and just flame me and flame my post, so if you dont like me and dont want to help me dont ****ing read my post and stay out of my bussiness especially you arcane you ****ing bitch you aint no head guy on the forums so stop ****ing acting that way, it is a free ****ing country fagget so let me say what I want and stop ripping on my post because if I ever found where you live I would kick the ****ing shit out of you it is just a ****ing game nerd stop acting so good you ****ing dork and if your so tough then we should hook up and fight and put in a record some people can download and enjoy after it is taped up and everyone sees me knock your ****ing face in ill fight you anytime bitch.
posted 11-15-08 11:59 PM EDT (US)     37 / 48  
Macndouche check your email

׺°˜`°º×RealityFatality׺°˜`°º×
"So, what do you guys think? What's theverdict? OP, or do I need to stop smoking crack?"
"I don't have hard drives. I just keep 30 chinese teenagers in my basement and force them to memorize numbers"

[This message has been edited by Kiverly Spears (edited 18-12-2008 @ 9:21 PM).]
posted 11-16-08 00:10 AM EDT (US)     38 / 48  
" who gives a **** guys this ****ing topic was like a week ago and most of you idiots except a few give me shit responses and just flame me and flame my post, so if you dont like me and dont want to help me dont ****ing read my post and stay out of my bussiness especially you arcane you ****ing bitch you aint no head guy on the forums so stop ****ing acting that way, it is a free ****ing country fagget so let me say what I want and stop ripping on my post because if I ever found where you live I would kick the ****ing shit out of you it is just a ****ing game nerd stop acting so good you ****ing dork and if your so tough then we should hook up and fight and put in a record some people can download and enjoy after it is taped up and everyone sees me knock your ****ing face in ill fight you anytime bitch. "

sigged!!! :P
how much you want to bet he's going to get banned?

(anyone know why the sig is only showing up in some of my posts and not this one)

[This message has been edited by CrazyLunatic (edited 11-16-2008 @ 00:34 AM).]

posted 11-16-08 03:15 PM EDT (US)     39 / 48  
how will I get banned when it is you idiots always writing rude stuff in my post and ripping on me, and who cares if I get banned from the forums at least I wont have to listen to your shit.
posted 11-16-08 04:18 PM EDT (US)     40 / 48  
I think you need a break to cool off. >_>

ESO : Pcfreak8
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." -Jan L. A. van de Snepscheu
A pessimist is usually right and never disappointed.
Any history buff knows that nothing stops a cannon like a good uppercut. - BeatnikJoe
posted 11-16-08 04:42 PM EDT (US)     41 / 48  
lol he got banned. Crazylunatic, theres the option of "include signature" in message optins, below message when you're posting. If thats unticked / ticked, it appears / doesnt appear. Theres also an option to always display sigs in your preferences.

SC2: Valckrie.Incarnate {Add me!}
Fear is only a four-letter word. Why be afraid?

Guides:
BMS | British Guide | BHM | RSFF | Rec Games
posted 11-16-08 05:30 PM EDT (US)     42 / 48  
I thought I'd just try it out. Paper wars never result in a good mood in topics.

Anyway, I managed to age to fortress with ottos at 4:44 on Carolina. I have a rax up, 40 pop, 1 free shipment, but only 11 vills. So it depends, it might be fun just do shock your opponent, but I wouldn't want to do this suicide FF on a regular basis.

Check it out if you like:

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2252
posted 11-16-08 05:55 PM EDT (US)     43 / 48  
Yes, I would believe that one. Carolina is a crate heavy map, so you can probably hit fortress by that time.

Lol, that took a while. Those two trolls (Brian and mac) finally got banned. It was, bound to happen.
posted 11-16-08 06:04 PM EDT (US)     44 / 48  
in my opinion good ff thts good for keeping ur opponet dowm whos been rushin with li or ff-ing with u(not usually the case)anyway vs russians i always do a spahi-ff at about 6:30 u'll get spahis in and u own all of his stretlets.Spahi-ff in my opinion is pretty good because u get good age up time and if done correctly u can destroy his eco.

Btw macndouche is rlly funny. This guy is retarted haha
posted 11-16-08 06:54 PM EDT (US)     45 / 48  
" lol he got banned. Crazylunatic, theres the option of "include signature" in message optins, below message when you're posting. If thats unticked / ticked, it appears / doesnt appear. Theres also an option to always display sigs in your preferences."

it is checked lol... it shows up in this post, but not the previous and some others for some reason... that's weird :O

QUACK

[This message has been edited by CrazyLunatic (edited 11-16-2008 @ 06:54 PM).]

posted 11-16-08 08:24 PM EDT (US)     46 / 48  
Lol, thanks for letting everybody know that Mac hates me
posted 11-16-08 10:42 PM EDT (US)     47 / 48  
no problem :P... it will always be my sig :P

would have put the other one also, but there is a character limit so couldn't fit

QUACK

[This message has been edited by CrazyLunatic (edited 11-16-2008 @ 10:43 PM).]

posted 11-16-08 10:53 PM EDT (US)     48 / 48  
Lol, I think it's there for a reason
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » I need some help with FF times.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames