Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: French 2x Muskets
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
posted 01-31-09 03:31 PM EDT (US)   

French 2x Musket RushTADv1.01

Overview:

• The aim of this strategy is to get 10 muskets built as soon as possible and start harassing as soon as possible also. When you get your first ten muskets you can one-hit a villager, so take advantage of this and kill 2-3 villagers immediately. This will be very similar to a 2x xbow rush, although you send gold cards more often than wood cards.
  • The reason I chose to use muskets was that most people expect you to use crossbow, and since you can get those first 10 muskets out very fast you cant gain a lead early. Plus keeping your villagers on food and gold allows you to easily go to fortress and add in hussars for light infantry.
    Build Order:

Discovery Age

• Send 2 villagers to the nearest animal
  • The other three villagers each are assigned to their own food crate. When two are done send them to a new animal
  • Queue a villager
  • The last crate villagers collect the wood crate(s) then build a 1-2 houses then goes to the second killed animal
  • Place waypoint on first dead animal
  • Continue making villagers and sending them to food
  • HERD
  • Send 3 villagers card
  • You will have 14 villagers when you age up
  • Click age up to colonial with the quarter master (400 wood)
    Transition

• Move 2 villagers to gold
  • Move 4 villagers to wood
  • Find second hunt and continue herding it as well
  • Send two wood villagers forward for your two barracks
    Colonial

• Immediately gather the 400 wood with the two wood villagers near your center
  • When you get a shipment, send 700 wood
  • Build a 1-2 barracks
  • Continue making villagers
  • Have 6 more villagers on food than on gold
  • Make houses and a market with the 700 wood
  • Queue muskets as soon as the barracks are built at the forward location.
  • Other shipments are normally 700 and 600 gold
  • When you get the gold crates, your gold will be much higher than your food, so move much of your gold villagers to food.
  • Consider sending 4 villagers when you start to get ahead
    Fortress

• Whenever you decide to age then you should upgrade your muskets to veteran
  • Consider building a stable to start spamming cuirassiers
  • Which will counter the RI he will make to counter your musket spam
  • Gain map control by making 3 Town Centers while building your economy
    Information/Tips:

• Harass and gain map control
  • Not good vs civilizations with spammable light infantry, such as Russia
  • Don’t neglect your economy
  • Be aggressive when you can without losing muskets
  • Avoid big battles unless you know you can win
    Who to Use Against:

Good:
  • British(Avoid Lb spam, RAID)
  • Spanish(Avoid insta xbows)
  • Ottoman(Add in hussars for abus guns, RAID)
  • Iroquois(Be Defensive)
  • Sioux(Scout a lot)
    Moderate:
  • French(Scout)
  • Dutch(Scout)
  • Japan(Focus on Fortress)
  • Portuguese(Careful of him going Fortress)
  • India(Avoid Agra, RAID)
  • German(Beware of Raiding)
    Bad:
  • Sioux(Bow Riders are Bad)
  • Aztec(Avoid)
  • Russia(Avoid)
  • China(Avoid)
    Deck:

Common Card Order:

Recordings:

iTech64(French)-vs-Websterek(Chinese)
    iTech64(French)-vs-Maltav(Japanese)
    iTEch64(French)-vs-Selur(German)

iTech64
    My Strategies:French Semi-FF | French 2x Musket Rush | French 2x Xbow Rush
    My Mapguides: Northwest Territories

[This message has been edited by iTech64 (edited 02-06-2009 @ 06:46 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 02-06-09 01:42 AM EDT (US)     51 / 90  
    I think he's referring to a NVR, but not many players do that...
    That is exactly what I was referring too.
    posted 02-06-09 04:14 AM EDT (US)     52 / 90  
    Think about it. if you are as good as your current rank, say, 25, then you lose a couple experiment games to other captains and you drop to 22. Just play other 22's and since you are really as good as a 25, you will have no trouble getting rank back.
    It's not really that it's trouble gaining rank back as it's the time investment to gain that rank back. It's not fun beating the tar out of people that pose no challenge and no one will want to play someone significantly lower than then for the above reason and that theres a chance they may be a smurf and they'll lose a ton of points.

Calier, you're obviously trying to be a pain, please stop.

Mind changing the URL to your Recordings to say what civ they're against for us lazy folk that don't like clicking links to see?

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan

[This message has been edited by LordKivlov (edited 02-06-2009 @ 04:15 AM).]

posted 02-06-09 03:51 PM EDT (US)     53 / 90  
    I was talking in general lunatic, all you guys who don't have anything nice to say or constructive, just use the troll thing, and other rude names and comments to get people mad. I am also not a smurf of whoevers name you said, you have done tons of research on me trying to fight with me and get me mad and make me look bad, so you should know exactly who I am!
    posted 02-06-09 06:48 PM EDT (US)     54 / 90  
    There ya go Kiv changed the urls just for you
    also, are these accepted in the Special name thing?

and if anyone else has something constructive for me to add to this it will be greatly appreciated..

even the smallest opinion or change of wording will be helpful

also remover the third recording since it was the same as the first.. sorry about that..

iTech64
    posted 02-06-09 07:17 PM EDT (US)     55 / 90  
    lol no worries.
    posted 02-06-09 07:22 PM EDT (US)     56 / 90  
    no worries on what?
    that doesnt seem very constructive...

if you have anything to add please contribute...

iTech64
    posted 02-06-09 07:28 PM EDT (US)     57 / 90  
    I was talking in general lunatic, all you guys who don't have anything nice to say or constructive, just use the troll thing, and other rude names and comments to get people mad. I am also not a smurf of whoevers name you said, you have done tons of research on me trying to fight with me and get me mad and make me look bad, so you should know exactly who I am!
    what makes you think i've done major research on you? lol?

QUACK
    posted 02-06-09 07:35 PM EDT (US)     58 / 90  
    yea all he would have to do is look at what you have done, of which i will not mention in fear of making my own topic go off topiuc

but im guessing crazylunatic already has a biased point of view towards you because of your past probably.

so things he says might be true or might not... but it shouldnt really matter to you tyler since hes just a name on the forum,, just ignore him and dont read his posts..

simple solution

iTech64
    posted 02-06-09 08:20 PM EDT (US)     59 / 90  
    If my post ain't productive, then you pointing it out isn't being productive either :P.
    posted 02-06-09 08:30 PM EDT (US)     60 / 90  
    i also re-emphasized that any help would be appreciated to you, since your previous post was not constructive, i was reminding you to please contribute.

and replying to a post with another unconstructive post isnt helping either.

also, its accepted finally
    now i will work on the other strat im making, not the british thing,, i think im abandoning it,, lol

iTech64
    posted 02-06-09 08:43 PM EDT (US)     61 / 90  
    W/e.

[This message has been edited by Ganzzer (edited 02-07-2009 @ 10:58 AM).]

posted 02-06-09 08:50 PM EDT (US)     62 / 90  
    well what would you consider a guide sir?
    i dont say this is a guide, its an outline of a strategy i use.

also you cant make cuirassiers in colonial, so by making showing a way to get to fortress, while surviving a rush, and being able to make cuirassiers,, well i'd say thats a good strategy,

being able to get to fortress, have a stable, defenses to survive a rush and economy to spam cuirassiers at your opponents colonial units is a good thing.

this is simply an outline of a way to make a unit your opponent wouldnt expect you to make, hopefully catching them off-guard and having the firepower to siege a town center and win.

but thank you for contributing your opinion to me Ganzzer, is there anything else you would like to contribute?

iTech64
    posted 02-06-09 08:59 PM EDT (US)     63 / 90  
    Guide: Make Muskets, oh and don't forget to make villagers.

[This message has been edited by Ganzzer (edited 02-06-2009 @ 09:05 PM).]

posted 02-06-09 09:16 PM EDT (US)     64 / 90  
    1. "also you cant make cuirassiers in colonial" REALLY???? Oh God, I seriously did not know this, I'm sorry for pointing how your "strategy" of making muskets and thinking you will win when a very small group of muskets can rape your musk.
    1: i wasnt saying that you cant make cuirassiers in colonial to harass you, i was saying it because in order to do what you said, you would have to use a strategy to do such a thing.
    if you could do so, by playing defensively, it woiuyld be a powerful strategy.
    2. Why the hell would you not send 3 hussars/build a stable.
    2: i wouldnt build a stable because thats not what this strategy is.
    3. Making a single unit is suicide.
    3: of course it is, which is why i stated later in the guide that your villager set up can easily allow you to make a stable and make hussars to support your muskets.
    4. What is your rank?
    4: my rank is captain
    5. What were your opponants rank?
    5: there ranks were noobish cause i cant get good games, as a have notable said in my other strategy posts.
    Your really annoying man, is english your first language? Please tell me where in your guide is says ANYTHING about playing defensively (towers or wall) and how your would survive a rush with only muskets??? Now you making stuff up and I don't really understand your english.
    yes english is my first, and only language, why do you ask? i think i have fine english.why do you decide to insult me about it?

and when i was talking about playing defensively i wasnt conveying that idea to this strategy, but the hypothetical one you said about spamming cuirassiers. because in order to do that you would need to play defensively right?
    And Going to fortress and making cuirasuir and having great defense and great eco only happens vs. the comp on sandbox. Your opponant wont let you use 1200 food and 100 gold to age up, then let your gather enough resources to make cuir and then let you kill his 10 bows and pike.
    of course the opponent wont want you to do such a thing, thats not what this strategy is, its about being able to outmass your opponent with a lot of muskets fast.

but if you want to know how to age and have enough resources to make cuirassiers then look at my French Semi-ff, i have played that vs people my level and had success with it.
    The game is really harder then saying "Make muskets and age and make cuir"
    yes the game is more complicated than that, which is why strategies such as mine and many other contributors to this site give you their outlook on the game and give you ways of doing something that can win you the game.

ALSO: why did you delete your entire post and post a single sentence?

iTech64

[This message has been edited by iTech64 (edited 02-06-2009 @ 09:35 PM).]

posted 02-06-09 09:22 PM EDT (US)     65 / 90  
    "also you cant make cuirassiers in colonial, so by making showing a way to get to fortress, while surviving a rush, and being able to make cuirassiers..."

Read this, the way you write leads me to believe English is not your first language, and maybe why your guide sucked. Well, all I can say is I hope you enjoy that "special name" you want so much.
    posted 02-06-09 09:27 PM EDT (US)     66 / 90  
    oh,, well i worded that badly sorry about that sir.

i meant to say, "also you cant make cuirassiers in colonial, so if you could show a way to get to fortress, while surviving a rush, and being able to make cuirassiers,that would be a good strategy, "

and i will enjoy the name more knowing that i improved my strategy that otherwise would be considered a...
    crappy guide...
    so i feel that if my strategies are improved as much as possible i earned the name.

iTech64

[This message has been edited by iTech64 (edited 02-06-2009 @ 09:29 PM).]

posted 02-06-09 09:57 PM EDT (US)     67 / 90  
    Ganzzer why don't you be quiet before you get owned, itech would smash you so be quiet noob. He put work into helping others, you just rip on him and me and others, so why don't you find some new forums to rip on and see how long it takes them to realize "this guy is a tool" and then you aren't welcome in them anymore.
    posted 02-06-09 10:07 PM EDT (US)     68 / 90  
    i appreciate you standing up for me like this tyler,

but i wouldnt flame ganzzer in such a way, he has his reasons for being on this forum and we should respect them, whatever they may be.

no one would want to be flamed right tyler?

iTech64
    posted 02-06-09 10:14 PM EDT (US)     69 / 90  
    Rofl this is hilarious

Ganzzer told you off iTech
    First let me "contribute" to this crappy guide...
    LMAO that's a classic

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret
    posted 02-06-09 10:20 PM EDT (US)     70 / 90  
    Keep the snyde comments to yourselves please. No personal attacks.

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
    posted 02-06-09 10:40 PM EDT (US)     71 / 90  
    Gonna avoid all other posts and say this is a great guide, basic, but great.

Anyway...

Ganzzer, that's what all guides are like. Technically, a ff guide is send 700g, click fortress, spam vet stuff and shipments. Technically a rush guide is spam strelet+cossack, or muskets+strelet, or xbows+pikes, or hussar+musket, ect. So TECHNICALLY, you're telling every single fricken person who made a guide that their guide sucked because it's too fcking basic. Well that's what a guide is supposed to be dude! It's a basic fricken BO!

Phew, glad I got that out.
    posted 02-06-09 10:56 PM EDT (US)     72 / 90  
    ALSO: why did you delete your entire post and post a single sentence?
    Probably because he didn't want anyone to read it...

Sorry, couldn't resist :P
    posted 02-06-09 10:59 PM EDT (US)     73 / 90  
    I just can't stand when people on these forums fight, you guys might not beleive it but I never get amd in real life, I just can't handle the stress sometimes of online stuff.
    posted 02-06-09 11:01 PM EDT (US)     74 / 90  
    so why did he take the time to write it if he was just gonna delete it?

lol well now everyone sees it cause i quoted everything from it:P

well i think Ganzzer had a good opinion, a mislead one, but still we should respect his opinions.,

Noobish but:whats feeding the troll?

iTech64
    posted 02-06-09 11:35 PM EDT (US)     75 / 90  
    Giving a poster who spams a lot, more things to spam about I think?
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
    Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » French 2x Muskets
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames