Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: NR40 Port BO + REC
posted 01-07-11 12:16 PM EDT (US)   
For HerrMajor my mentee ^^

Port Boom http://www.mediafire.com/file/dnmz3c6a18bza5a/StormPortVSAureusBritGame1.age3Yrec

Age I 00:00
4 vils shoot hunt immediately
3 vils crates
queue vil, TC waypoint -> wood
2 crate vils -> hunts (always herd hunts... use one vil to shoot a healthy hunt so that hunts come closer to your vils near your TC. Watch rec for example)
Once you're done collecting crates, if you started with 100 wood build jsut a house.
if 200+ wood then build house then market, then send vil to wood
TC waypoint on hunts
Gather 50 wood, then send ALL wood vils to gold, collect 50.
once you have your 50 wood and 50 gold, research food upgrade from market
all vils on food now.
1st Card send economic theoryAge ASAP with 400 wood politicain.
(once you learn this start, you will age with 14 vils. If youre a bit slow you may age 15-16 vils.)
Leave 10 vils hunts, rest on wood
Gather 75 wood, research gold upgrade from market
all wood vils -> gold
Age II 05:00ish
Both TC waypoints to gold
Age ASAP with fast age politician.
Now you must hurry, set 1 vil to collect the 400 wood around your TC
research wood upgrade from market
send 2-4 vils from gold to the nearby herds and begin herding them closer to your TC.
with 400 wood collected, build a house, then food upgrade from market
Age III 8:00-9:00ish
2nd card send refrigriation
3rd Card send coin mint

All TC's should be set to food or gold, so that you can age asap with 2000 food and 1200 gold.
you will need 2 vils on wood so you can get another 40 wood or so for gold upgrade from market.
(Constantly herd the hunts closer to your main group of hunting vils / TC area.)
Tweak vils coming from TC to go to mines or hunts so you get 2000 food and 1200 gold simultaneously. I usually leave about 7-8 vils on gold and thats enough.
Age up with 1000 gold politician
During transition you will need to send vils to mines. You need to gather 3000 gold from mines in addition to the 1000 gold you get for aging up.
Age IV 12:00ish
collect gold crates
4th card send factory
5th card send factory

28-32 vils on hunts about, with 2 on wood for making houses, and rest on gold should get you to 4000 food and 4000 gold simultaneously. but tweak using your common sense ^^
Once factories arrive, set them on resource so you can age asap.
Age up using 2000 gold politician.
Set factories on wood, research upgrade for them.
Research age 2 wood upgrade from market.
All TC's waypoint -> wood
Build mill asap and beging upgrading
Upgrade age 3 wood from market.
6th card 20% mill boost
you are probably out of herds and mines at this point. send them to wood. remember, you must keep up vil production, so when hunts are gone you'll need 30 + vils on mills to produce vils and afford capital upgrades
build one plantation, begin upgrading
Age V 15:15-16:15ish

capital asap, research wood or food, depending which have most vils gathering atm
research gold capital upgrade last
build 5 mills total,
7th card advanced church
build church
all vils should be on wood or mills. you dont want any on gold becasue you want to send 3 plantation cards first.
once you have 5 mills and they are full of 50 vils, research from your CHURCH the mill boosting tech (you get it from advanced church card)
8th card send age 3 plantation tech for something like a 25% boost
get mercantilism tech from church asap, costs 1500 gold and gives you XP for 2 shipments
9th card send age 2 plantation boost
10th card send age 1 plantation boost

Build 5 plantations TOTAL.
once the last plantation upgrades are in, send about 8 vils from mills to plantation
send about 32 vils from wood to plantations
in the end your distribution should be about this:
42 vils food 17 wood 40 gold 20:00ish
If you execute this boom well you will have an extra 3k wood wood or so at the end of treaty you dont need.
So unless you plan on using natives, you can tweak vil distribution and put another 4 vils on food or something.

Now thats a basic boom. perform well and you'll get 2000 + score end treaty every game.

-----Fighting-----
But eco isnt everything... it just is preperation.

And from what ive gathered you need more help on fighting side then eco.

To become a good fighter you must learn a few things. Once you know them... all you need is to put them in practice to really understand it and master it.

Never make one unit.
Each unit in game has a job that it performs well. Or at least the best it can. No unit does the job of all units.
To make an effectivearmy and fight well, you must use multiple units, that each do a different job well.

Port Military combos:
Hussar + Musk
The huss kill artillery and skirms. The musk Kill and anti calv units such as halb+musk+goon.
I use this early game after my starting army to get map control.

Cassidor + Dragoon + Culv
Cass beat musk+halb+goon
Goon Kills any anti-skirm such as hussar.
Goon hides Behind the skirm in battles. They are used to kill calv that approach the cassidor the goon are NOT to engage skirms musk, thats the cassidors job.
2 Culverins in the back of army by your goon is to counter any artillery he brings to kill your cass.

Now those are basic combos. As you need, add organ guns to your cass + goon + culv army. 2-4 organs mixed in your army are devestating to your infantry based enemies.
If you have organs in your army you will want more goons in near them to protect, 15-20 goons IMO.

Having 1-2 morts in the back of your army constantly pressuring your enemies FB is extremally wise. Port mort range is INSANE and will literally win you games vs much greater player becasue their FB is simply too far back and they cant respoind quick enough with right unit counters.

Its deadly important to STAY pop'ed!! as in always have you population near the max. Just NEVER spam one unit and alwasy be aware of making good combinations.

Example:
You have 60 cassidors and 5 goons. Seeing this you should instantly realize
a. you need another 10-15 goons asap to protect vs him spamming huss.
b. You need to protect your goons better and keep them BEHIND your cassidor so they dont get pwnede by skirms.

Also, its good to CONSTANTLY have artillery coming. That is if you need it :P

you have to think... ive got 60 cass army with 20 goons...
the enemy is DEFINATELY gonna make some horse artillery to counter my cassidors...

so you make the wise choice can queue a culvering from your artillery foundry to counter his inbound horse artillery.
once the 1 culv is almost finished building, you can queue another 3 at last second so you didn waste that pop in the training queue before.

Ufta

Q's if you have em and i'll answer.
I'll try and get something on russia for you.

ESO: StormComing/SoulSong
Activity: Retired (GG peace out)
http://www.youtube.com/user/StorminAOE3

[This message has been edited by StormComing (edited 02-17-2011 @ 01:03 PM).]

Replies:
posted 01-07-11 02:40 PM EDT (US)     1 / 22  
Thats a very nice write-up, also if your pressuring hard and think that you may lose the advantage if you spare more pop for culvs, dont feel scared to use goons as anti artillery, FU port goons are just sick...
posted 01-07-11 03:02 PM EDT (US)     2 / 22  
+1 what he said.

benno we need to play some sup i need to learn ur skillz

posted 01-08-11 08:23 AM EDT (US)     3 / 22  
wahahhaah i have no skills in SUP, just play japan on QS and french in game browser for inflated rank And fail at learning otto like me ;-)

EDIT: being more serious, yeah next time you see me on whisper me and we can have some practice games, i know alittle french, alittle german and alittle japan (emphasis on the little)

[This message has been edited by Benno123 (edited 01-08-2011 @ 08:26 AM).]

posted 01-08-11 08:59 AM EDT (US)     4 / 22  
from minut 20 to 40 i assume u drink coffee? smoke a cigarette?

maybe watch a bit tv or scratch ur balls a little

i never know what to do exactly then

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

Battle.net:Bart (227)
ESO:Bart331

[This message has been edited by Bart331 (edited 01-08-2011 @ 08:59 AM).]

posted 01-08-11 09:37 AM EDT (US)     5 / 22  
mk benno sounds good ^^

Bart really only time you WONT be doing something is if youre good... you might have a min or two at the last part of treaty to kinda think about game plan.

otherwise your time is filled with..
Making: houses (14) barracks (3-10) stables (3-7) artillery foundries (2-5) arsenal (1) eco wall (1-3) outer wall (4-6).

Upgrading all units....
Adjusting vil distribution....
Scouting map....
Trying to find out what units enemy made....
Guessing what enemy is making....
Making army....
Debating whether to send 30 carib natives...
Setting up army in a functionanable set up at the HM line...
Adjusting slightly as yu see enemy army arrive....
Trash talk opponent....
move vils around your side of HM in strategic areas....
freak out that you haev no time....
wonder where time has gone...
etc etc

tbh all the sup players jk about booming for 20 min and sleeping for the other 20 probably have never played nr lolz
or maybe they only played an easy civ... have them try brits and they would need 50 min to get ready ha

posted 01-08-11 10:33 AM EDT (US)     6 / 22  
I do agree slightly with bart although you know i love nr40, by 20 mins ive upped all troops unless im doing some sort of resc ----> wood trade, after 20 mins i normally just wall and send cards/ decide army composition which never really changes from game to game though. Also maybe decided i plan of action such as getting nats or tps asap meaning i position explorer nearby, but there really isnt alot to occupy the time, i tend to just talk to my team at that point, thats why i only play team nr40.
posted 01-08-11 11:08 AM EDT (US)     7 / 22  
Lol.
the entire 1v1 playing population(especially those with higher pr) love to make fun of treaty.

I no longer play aoe3 actively. In fact, I no longer play any video game. That's how lame I've become.
skype - pramit57
"Life is a void and void is truth"
posted 01-09-11 00:14 AM EDT (US)     8 / 22  
im not flaming or dissing but

its impossible to upgrade all troops before 20. costs WAY too much.

upgrading troops is a fairly long process... as you need what... 15-20k wood?

first 20 minutes really is dedicated to getting your final vil distribution so basically all you have time for in first 20 min is purely eco. and streamlining play so you gather necessary resources and no excess.

posted 01-09-11 04:56 AM EDT (US)     9 / 22  
storm im sure u can keep urself busy whole time, but treaty isnt really APM intensive.

The thing i hate most about treaty are the battles after countdown, endless spam wars without a reason 10 layers of walls. Too much spare resc, so nothing has to be cost effectively

I rather like the opposite of Treaty, DM.

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

posted 01-09-11 09:29 AM EDT (US)     10 / 22  
Why is DM opposite as Treaty ? I the only thing that is different is at DM you begin after 40m treaty without any building.

ESO Name: Killinstinct
Supremacy rank: 17
Treaty rank: 20
posted 01-09-11 09:55 AM EDT (US)     11 / 22  
In dm you have no buildings and no economy lol so you have to be cost effective and using natives can turn a tide in battle because there usually are no walls.

Honestly I dont see the point of nr 40, in regular team games, many civs may be in industrial by atleast 30mins if not early, some close to maxing pop and upgraded their units.
posted 01-09-11 11:23 AM EDT (US)     12 / 22  
NR40 as opposed to NR30 means you can get all essential unit upgrades, thus enabled to use your full unit countering options + unit combos. NR30 you really only get to pick and chhose one unit combo you use and that sux. and you get enough res in nr 40 to make a semi decent game.

because against popular opinion, almost EVERY high profile treaty game will end becasue someone ran out of res. and games dont last terribly long.

good players cant ever spam, and they have to be perfect in their unit choices as a little bad unit countering and youre draining faster then opponent and gg in 5 min.

Treaty becomes lame and effing long when palyers are noobs who run around map and not facing eachother head to head. or jsut booming 40 minutes to make a dopple box and eng the game in 2 minutes. what effing skill was that?! waste of time.

skilled NR players fight eachtoher head on for maximum enjoyment, faster games, and so each player can use their unit counter/micro skills in a direct battle... not chasing a player around a map who spamms high seige units to end game fast which is retarded.

TBH knowing what i know now about high profile NR games.... i wouldnt ever play in a Treaty game with players ranked less then PR25 if i was begged. they play so retardedly

and ya i know on these forums i alwas said how good players always make 7-12 walls or whatever lol... but that was becasue i was a noob and i played with ppl and i played myself to make high seige units and end the game fast... so walls were needed for those lame strats.

the actual good palyers only make like... 1-5 walls. some only make one. its nice

i think you'd like pro treaty games bart :P
TBH i think almost any good sup player would <3 pro treaty games, as they can really use their superior intensive army micro in battles that are straight forward, no need to worry about oprichnik boxes attacking ur base lol.

just focusing for 15 min on a head to head battle where best counterer and army micro wins. no lame strats.

[This message has been edited by StormComing (edited 01-09-2011 @ 11:28 AM).]

posted 01-09-11 06:49 PM EDT (US)     13 / 22  
the battles u describe may be the nicest battle but ofc its not most effective way of fighting under all circumstances

running atk elsewhere etc can be rly efficient imo, also dont overestimate micro in these battles, its more unit placement

good sup micro is totally different then the "micro" u see in treaty/dm which is just spamfest and bring right unit to right place

but im srry treaty cant really interest me, im sure you can develop a certain amount of skill in it and can have fun, but i dont like it

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

posted 01-10-11 11:15 AM EDT (US)     14 / 22  
gotcha

its an aquired taste :S

posted 01-10-11 08:03 PM EDT (US)     15 / 22  
Great strat :O I could use some of the bits of it like the unit strategies and such but I only have the original AoE3 and im working on getting the expansions soon >.> plus i usually do nr60 and by 30:00 or so im at age 5 >.> Thanks alot though its really helpful.
posted 01-11-11 09:03 AM EDT (US)     16 / 22  
Storm is right, lower ranked games are just spamm fests, and i have to admit when i obs'ed him vs milky is was pretty enjoable watch, and worked out perfectly (nice hot 30 min shower then get back for afew mins before the end of treaty) Although pretty sure most people below capt level in treaty suck hard, especially the ones that play japan and ally with ports at the start when they could ally with dutch for a bank asap which is much more beneficial then the food and wood they saved from aging and on shrines.. Also ticks me off when people age with buddha LOL!
posted 01-11-11 09:35 AM EDT (US)     17 / 22  
wut are u doing with 30 min shower?

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

posted 01-11-11 02:44 PM EDT (US)     18 / 22  
XD
lolz

posted 01-21-11 12:30 PM EDT (US)     19 / 22  
Although pretty sure most people below capt level in treaty suck hard, especially the ones that play japan and ally with ports at the start when they could ally with dutch for a bank asap which is much more beneficial then the food and wood they saved from aging and on shrines..
Do you know how much res the bank trickle makes you? i never really checked... isnt it like 1.5-2 gold per second? soo... going to get dutch bank asap would give you approx... 6 minutes bank time faster then allying ports? if its 2 gold per sec thats only 720 gold or so.

allying ports saves you... 1200 res or so and you get to age fortress faster for TCs faster thus vils out gathering faster and also shrines are made faster so thast 1000++ res extra you made from going ports.

so going dutch bank first is only really viable if it made 6-10 gold per second.
but those are jsut rounded numbers etc and arent exactly correct

LOL and yea wtf why do poeple age buddah... jsut becasue their too lazy to scout themselves?? lol?

[This message has been edited by StormComing (edited 01-21-2011 @ 12:33 PM).]

posted 01-24-11 04:27 PM EDT (US)     20 / 22  
Hmm im not too sure storm but i always seem to outboom any other japan players in treaty.
posted 01-28-11 03:24 PM EDT (US)     21 / 22  
Thats because Youre OP!
btw bank trickle is like 2-2.5 per sec

posted 01-29-11 12:31 PM EDT (US)     22 / 22  
Or because theyre seriously overrated :P
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » NR40 Port BO + REC
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: