Moderated by Maffia, Elpea, LordKivlov

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Wisconshire
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 07-25-06 02:02 PM EDT (US)   
Etymology

The name Wisconshire can be split into two roots the wiscon part is from the world famous book "English Cities and Where to Find Them" in which the author Geoff Armitage mistakanly misspells Wison the old Viking capital, and current Wisconshire capital as Wiscon, and the Shire part comes from well Etymologists aren't sure where it comes from but most other british provinces have it so why not this one.

Exports

Wisconshire exports the following:

Cranberries
Beer
Cheese
Fish
Beer
Potatoes
Cheese
Corn
Beer
Silage
Snapbeens
Cheese
Oats
Cherries
Syrup
and last but not least forget beer

A man enjoys one of Wisconshires many exports

Traditions and Stereotypes

"Myke" is now a colloquialism for the Wisconshire dialect as well as the term some Wisconshirians affectionately use to describe themselves, especially in East and South Wisconshire. "Myke" was originally a term of abuse given by West Wisconshire people to Londoners, because they thought their speech made them sound like yapping mongrel mongooses(Mykes). Londoners turned this around and used the term to describe Wisconshire folk. The social stereotype of a Wisconshirians has a tendency to include such accessories as a hat where two beers can be placed in and a whippet. Among Wisconshire's unique traditions is the Gladius dance, a traditional dance not found elsewhere in England. More recently, Wisconshire has been home to its own genre of country music, Wisconshire Sheeps and Mash*.

Sports

The state is home to the North Shore Drinkers, the most successful small-market professional sports franchise in the world. With 12 National Rugby Union titles, North Shore is known as "Titletown". Monday Night Rugby world broadcasts draw strong ratings during Drinkers games. The Drinkers' home stadium, Jorik Field, is referred to as the "Drunken Savannah" and is considered by many football enthusiasts to be "Drunken Land"

A traditional pub on monday night rugby games

The Nobility

Traditionally Wisconshire is rule by the Queen's cousin's daughter. The current Dutchess is Queen Elizabeth II's cousin's daughter Dutchess Abigail the Gorgeous. Her Hobbys include horse back riding, fishing, jousting, rape, hunting, sailing, reading, and loving her servants.

Abigail partying at one of Wisconshire's many fabulous party.

*As in Mashed Potatoes

Wisconshire has a traditional market culture full of handsome Victorian buildings and home to the world famous designer store Pollyanna, where you come across rooms full of names that you might expect only to find in Knightsbridge, Paris or Milan!

The North Wisconshire Moors

The Wisconshire moors are sexily awesome, and very pretty. Come visit them, and walk around awhile.

-

It also has some sexy awesome wildlife!

Wisconhire has a fascinating and intriguing history, with stories of romance, violence, heroism and adversity spanning over 2000 years. Monuments of centuries shaped by the hands of Roman and Viking invaders and medieval monks have been preserved to recount such tales.

Wisconshire has been witness to a great deal of national history, including Roman invasions, Viking settlements, Saxon successes, Monarchy changing battles, the foundation of Methodism, great aristocracy and the industrial revolution.

Wison, Roman stronghold and Viking capital, is one of Europe’s greatest medieval cities with the biggest Gothic Cathedral in northern Europe.
Wisconshire has many faces and as many moods, reinventing itself to throw down contrast after contrast. Wild moorland gives way to blossoming lanes; cragged cliffs to secretive salt flats and cobbled markets to chic city waterfronts.

Food and Drink

The produce found in Wisconshire is wonderful not only in diversity but also in quality. Pork pies, fish, rhubarb, meat, root crop, cheeses and beer, the list is endless. The region also has a plethora of great restaurants and eating houses, some well known and some hidden away just waiting to be discovered.

Wisconshire Sepcialities

Wiscon

Wiscon is one of the most intriguing cities in England. A city layered with history, beauty and variety. Superbly preserved, York has witnessed more than 2000 years of vibrant history.

Quaint teashops and pedestrianised streets make Wiscon an ideal city to explore on foot. Enjoy self-guided themed tours on churches, food, the riverside, railway heritage, Roman York and the city walls. Take one of "Five routes to retail heaven" around cobbled streets containing 2,000 shops. Guided historic and ghost walks help you discover every "nook and cranny". Leisurely open top bus, riverboat and even horse and carriage tours are also available.

Aside from Wiscon, the The big city buzz of Leeds, Hull, York, and Kings Lynn, whisks us to another world. Street smart, sassy…hot on the arts, eating out, shopping, clubbing, live music, seeing and being seen, their renaissance means another new face for Yorkshire. So much so that Leeds was voted the 2003 ‘Favourite British City of the Year’ by the readers of the Conde Nast’s prestigious Traveller Magazine.

[This message has been edited by Dio (edited 09-22-2007 @ 06:09 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-25-06 02:04 PM EDT (US)     1 / 36  
Me and Dio win.

house won this
posted 07-25-06 02:09 PM EDT (US)     2 / 36  
No, not really.

I won a thread!
CROSS REMOVED BY REQUEST OF MODS
Blood weighs more than tears.
posted 07-25-06 02:10 PM EDT (US)     3 / 36  

That cow looks so sexy.

posted 07-25-06 02:11 PM EDT (US)     4 / 36  
This thread rox
posted 07-25-06 02:13 PM EDT (US)     5 / 36  
Our sox.

Quote:

That cow looks so sexy.

<3<3

Key question: Who did which part of the thread!?

house won this
posted 07-25-06 02:16 PM EDT (US)     6 / 36  
Dio did everything up till North Wisconshire Moors.

I won a thread!
posted 07-25-06 02:17 PM EDT (US)     7 / 36  
Close, but no cigar.

house won this
posted 07-25-06 02:17 PM EDT (US)     8 / 36  

Quote:

<3<3

I just want to milk it.

I'm getting tickets to Wiscon..sh..Dioland.

posted 07-25-06 02:18 PM EDT (US)     9 / 36  
Oh yeah, you added the part under the "*As in Mashed Potatoes" comment.

I won a thread!
posted 07-25-06 02:19 PM EDT (US)     10 / 36  

Quote:

I'm getting tickets to Wiscon..sh..Dioland.

That doasen't open until 2007

house won this
posted 07-25-06 02:21 PM EDT (US)     11 / 36  
If there's anything worse than a wierd thread trying to be funny, it's a wierd thread, trying to be funny, that I don't understand.

Why is Yorkshire in this thread, too? They lost the War of the Roses .

posted 07-25-06 02:25 PM EDT (US)     12 / 36  

Quote:

If there's anything worse than a wierd thread trying to be funny, it's a wierd thread, trying to be funny, that I don't understand.

I have a thing for weird threads =\.

So brownie points++ for Dio and Jax.

posted 07-25-06 02:28 PM EDT (US)     13 / 36  

Quote:

I have a thing for weird threads

Define "thing"...

I won a thread!
posted 07-25-06 02:30 PM EDT (US)     14 / 36  
Do you really want to know?

"No Rush games are the AoE3 version of the special olympics". ~ Ender_Ward
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people
posted 07-25-06 02:33 PM EDT (US)     15 / 36  

Quote:

Why is Yorkshire in this thread, too? They lost the War of the Roses .

Ooh, he's got you there!

Quote:

Wisconshirian

omg failure! That'd be like "Yorkshirian" or "Cambridgeshirian". It's just wrong.

[This message has been edited by Shrink (edited 07-25-2006 @ 02:34 PM).]

posted 07-25-06 02:34 PM EDT (US)     16 / 36  
Silly Shrink Kings Lynn is not in Norfolk
posted 07-25-06 02:37 PM EDT (US)     17 / 36  
No, it's in Wisconshire!

house won this
posted 07-25-06 03:34 PM EDT (US)     18 / 36  

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF
posted 07-25-06 04:03 PM EDT (US)     19 / 36  
you could have at least put a picture of an attractive girl

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
posted 07-25-06 05:07 PM EDT (US)     20 / 36  

Quote:

Abigail the Gorgeous. Her Hobbys include horse back riding, fishing, jousting, rape, hunting, sailing, reading, and loving her servants.

I should become one of her servants, so she can rape me.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 07-25-06 07:45 PM EDT (US)     21 / 36  
She doesn't rape her servants. She rapes random people.
posted 07-25-06 07:54 PM EDT (US)     22 / 36  
Does that girl have a RAZR? It's hard to tell...

ESO: Steel_Reign

*Doles out the harshness*

[This message has been edited by Real2002 (edited 07-25-2006 @ 08:06 PM).]

posted 07-25-06 10:13 PM EDT (US)     23 / 36  
*is confused*

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
its happening now and it’s always been like this.
posted 07-25-06 10:15 PM EDT (US)     24 / 36  
Don't ask. It's random.

I won a thread!
posted 07-25-06 10:19 PM EDT (US)     25 / 36  
what the...

is this a horrible experiment combining Wisconsin with Bilbo's Shire, or am I reading this wrong?

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » The Saloon (Off Topic) » Wisconshire
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames