Designer's Mod for Patch 1.12 version 1.03

Author File Description
twoqtimes2
File Details
Game Version: AoE3
Age of Empires III Designers Mod

Now with auto install/uninstall exe

Install:

Double click the AoE III Designers Mod icon and follow on-screen instructions.

Uninstall:
Now , easier than ever!! I have placed an icon on your desktop that says "AoE III Restore". Simply double click the "AoE III Restore" icon and the program will remove all files placed in your game by the AoE III Designers Mod and restore all files that were replaced by the AoE III Designers Mod back to what they were before you installed the mod.

If you had the original, unmodded Age of Empires III on your machine, the uninstaller (AoE III Restore) will restore the game's Data and ART files back to that state.

IMPORTANT!! If you had another mod installed, the uninstaller (AoE III Restore) will restore the game's Data files back to that state. It will NOT restore any modded art files. It is highly recommended to backup any previously installed modded art files before installing the Age of Empires III Designers Mod.

The War Chiefs expansion pack:

If you have the The War Chiefs xpack, this mod will still work, however, to play with the AoE III Designers Mod, you will need to open the game with the original "Age of Empires III" disc and icon.

Updates:

1) Obviously, the Designers Mod is now packed into an auto installer/uninstaller.

2) I found a few more objects in the game files. These are now available.
These include:

• HCBoston TradeCenter
  • academy_doors
  • academy_TOL_doors
  • HCFrench Dock
  • HCFrench Market
  • QMarket
  • QHarbor_prp01
  • QMarket_prop01
  • QMarket_prop02

Credits:

CusterGrant for the Alt Trees, HC and Crop terrains, Fireworks and weather effects and several new buildings.

sziggi for his RPG mod including nugget am_Cave, Magic Spring, weather effects, and several special units.

Twoqtimes2 for the HC skyboxes, unshiny cabin, "Q" objects, other objects, Flying IGC Units, repairs and auto installer/uninstaller.

jonathan1222 for the HC units

ToMyBoy for the original HC Buildings

Poisonium for the HC water objects, Placeable Trading Post, and Stagecoach.

RiderOfEternity and BigFatZ for the Japanese Ronin units and tents.

Look for the New Skybox add-on from Twoqtimes2

Any difficulties in installation or any comments, please email me at
wdbonds@comcast.net
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Williams What does this actually change?
twoqtimes2
File Author
It actually will not change anything but will add over 200 new objects including all HC buildings and units, HC skyboxes, new terrains, lighting effects, weather effects, fireworks effects, some custom units, flying IGC units, trees and props.
Elpea
(id: lp_usa)
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Creativity5.0
Art and Sound5.0
Installation/Instructions5.0
Story/Description5.0
This should have been uploaded under Misc I suppose, the review system doesn't work well with this... anyway, I'll give it the grade it deserves, a 5.
jml
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Creativity5.0
Art and Sound5.0
Story/Description5.0
Great!
This helps a lot with the sky problem! And a couple of funny objects on top of it. This should be installed for any designer in my humble opinion. I made a " technical scenario " with all the objects available in AoE3 with this excellent addition... If you're interested.
I had to reinstall AoE3 and realized I couldn't do anything without this mod any longer, since most of the stuff I liked was in it, and not in the orignal AoE3 as I thought!
Great job!
A 5, the least I can do! ( True! Not easy to rate such a mod here... )

[Edited on 01/03/07 @ 06:08 PM]

twoqtimes2
File Author
Thanks for the rating and comments, jml and LP :). I speak for everyone that was involved in this mod.

LP, I will be sure to upload the Designer's Mod for TWC in the misc. section when ready.
poindexter39
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Creativity5.0
Art and Sound5.0
Story/Description5.0
Definitely an awesome mod for scenario designers. I'm currently using it for a scenario I am designing and I have to say that this mod will make any map way more exciting with the extra additions. This should be a requirement for future scenario designers. Try it out, you will not be sorry.
alvaro_qc Hi, does this work in TWC or is there another mod with the same effect but for TWC?
twoqtimes2
File Author
Thanks for the rating poindexter :)

Al, I am currently working on a TWC version. I will say that there will be a whole new set of goodies for TWC when I complete it including new skyboxes and all the Native HC Buildings and units.
FlIp U oFf So this means if i dont have patch 1.11 i cant get this stuff? You see, I use a mac and aoe3 was converted from the pc version to the mac version by macsoft (mac version of mircosoft
twoqtimes2
File Author
Hey Flip, I believe that mac users can use an earlier version of the Designer's Mod. I know that Jml is a mac user and was able to use version 1.09 I think. Email me at wdbonds@comcast.net and I can send you an earlier version.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Creativity5.0