New Files

Download File Post Review Post Comment

nOObland

Author File Description
Big Shot Donkey
File Details
Game Version: TWC
nOObland By Big Shot Donkey

NOW FIXED SO YOU CONTROL THE RIGHT TEAM.

Johnald McGregger has come all the way from Germany to the little known country of nOObland to become an elite assassin, a Kill Things Guy. Complete the training stuff to become a Kill Things Guy, then go around doing stuff for cash, and fight the most powerful being the world has ever known…

Features:

-Over 25 missions!
-Day/night cycle!
-Buy mercs!
-A cheaply thrown together storyline!
-If you download this YOU'RE WINNER!!!

NOTE: This scenario takes a while to load.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Elpea
(id: lp_usa)
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 5
What this map lacked in terms of Map Design it compensated with a very very fun gameplay! The quests were pretty creative in terms of storyline, the missions were sorta "cute" and fun. I really enjoyed my first 30 minutes (it's as far as I've played so far, plan on playing more) of this map. I liked the night-day cycle, even if it went through some lightning effects that made my shaders display crazy shadows on the terrain.

Balance: 5
Wasn't too easy nor too hard. The heroes (or mercenaries) abilities kept the gameplay interesting and combat fairly balanced.

Creativity: 4
Although I've seen GTA-style maps before, this is certainly the best one I've played. There were plenty of quests, the map is gigantic and the towns very well crafted. I wish the quests were optional though, and not thrown on your face as soon as you finish another. More freedom 4tw!

Map Design: 3
This is where the scenario mostly lacked. I thought the towns were very creative and detailed, but the terrain was just horrible. The terrains looked unnatural and some parts just ugly, I wish the author had put a little more time into terrain mixing to make it look more natural.

Story/Instructions: 3
What story? :p. You're just given mission after mission for not much reason, and there's really no story to it. I give it a 3 instead of lower because I could follow the quest instructions very easily, even how short and story-less they were.

Additional Comments:

Very well done :). This map is inspiring for those out there looking to make your own RPG scenario, and it's really fun too. I had a kick playing this map, I recommend it to everyone.

[Edited on 12/09/06 @ 11:30 PM]

metal_fan2
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability:It's excelent, assasination roaming and killing ppl is excelent reflected on Playability.

Balance:Maybe less spies attacking you when you must bring slaves to agent?

Creativity:Another RPG style scenario, but this one is a lil bit(for me atleast) better and uniquer scenario.

Map design:Lot's of eye candys(I personaly liked those pikes on bayou part of map), excelent for this type of scenario.Maybe too big, but in that's the pleasure too.

Story/Instructions:In general, good instructions and that things, but I haven't seen connection between characters.From KTGL, you change clients like clothes.I mean that is a life of assassinator, but It doesen't fits in AoEIII too much.Though in some FPS this would be cool;)
rdlayman
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 4
(Insert Playability analysis here)

Balance: 5
(Insert Balance analysis here)

Creativity: 5
(Insert Creativity analysis here)

Map Design: 4
(Insert Map Design analysis here)

Story/Instructions: 5
(Insert Story/Instructions analysis here)

Additional Comments:
No specific comments on the ratings except to say those not 5's had to do with the buggie arena. Granted there was a warning to save, but it took 7 tries before all 3 waves would complete. ALso not sure why, or if it really had anything to do with the regular game, but after running the senario i started getting 003 AI error with the main game. After i deleted the senario the errors stopped. also the lama quest has a bug in it, the lama will stop and change color and not follow, which means having to start over. Anyone that plans on downloading keep these 2 playability bugs in mind and save before you do them.

otherwise was an nice senario, just aggrivating at times.
RR_Blaine I have a question about the scenario files in general. What's with the "age3xscn" file extension? I can't seem to open up any scenario files that are in that format, even if I remove the x from the extension. Are these for the expansion pack or what?

Thanks for any help.
AN_Nuisance It's a War Chiefs scenario...
AN_Nuisance Ok and I have an issue...whats with the Chupacabra? I can't seem to hide behind the glowing things...he always attacks...not sure how to get past it...I can't get the treasure or kill the "alien"...even sending all my mercs I can't get it....HELP!
renshai i loved it, too bad that you didn't make something of the landscape
for the rest great scenario :-)
AN_Nuisance Ok I got past the Chupacabra...but did NOT save the game before entering the arena and I only got two waves...then no more...now I'm stuck...I can't really go back to an earlier save because I saved it after 2 waves in the arena...duh!....I REALLY enjoyed the scenario except it was too long to go back and have another go at it...
Spectruz i HAD TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THIS SENARIO, IT IS JUST ONE OF THE BEST i'VE PLAYED SO FAR, VERY GOOD JOB, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
Spunky R3Born
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance3.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions2.0
Playability: 3
Very playable with few bugs, i found having to keep walking miles backwards and forwards was an anoyance, also having to send your mercs to where you teleported to. I don't know if theres anywhere to heal... but i had to sit about for some time as well, healing after battles (with my merc)

Balance: 3
Starts off pretty easy and i didn't die once. Found some of the enemies tough so i had to hit and run an awful lot, which got boring.

Creativity: 3
Creative to an extent, poor story but some unique ideas.

Map Design: 4
Erm.. Map design was good and bad. Rated it a four because the locations looked good and some interesting building layouts and eye candy. What let it down was the texturing and laziness, some areas where given little thought. Snowy landscapes going straight into desert... or just ending dead at a wall. What was with the coral covered island? (with the pirates burying treasure) that looked horrible in my opinion.

Story/Instructions: 2
Not much of a story just basically doing things people tell you (mostly killing other units). Instructions are alright sometimes not very clear, got confused at times to where i was supossed to go, with so many white crosses on the map and with it being so large didn't help. Found my way though with a bit of exploring.

Additional Comments:

Would have liked a more diverse group of mercs, most of them range units with under 20 attack. On such a large map faster units would have been nicer (or make them move faster) Was never told i could buy more than one either... figured that out on my own.
I didn't finish this map, arena messed up and i didn't save once.
Would liked to have seen some cinematics. There wasn't any music which i would of enjoyed.
Good job on the triggers, very well done. Enemy units weren't very agressive if they were I think this game would be way to hard. That ugly dog (i forget its name...) would have devoured everyone pretty quickly if it chased you.

Keep up the good work :)
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.5