New Files

Single Player Scenarios » Little Bighorn

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Little Bighorn

Author File Description
TinyPiesRUs
File Details
Game Version: TWC
This is a cinematic scenario about the Battle of Little Bighorn. From Red Cloud's War to the arrest at the Standing Rock Reservation, the story will follow the exploits of George Custer, Crazy Horse and Sitting Bull leading up to and following the Battle of Little Bighorn. Enjoy :)

For screenshots go to:
http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=12&tn=32737&st=recent

PS: I think this might lag on worse computers, but I'm not sure (I have a good one :) ). If someone could reply to this it would be great.

I'll probably release an extended version later, making new scenes, fixing a few things and adding more eye-candy.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Todd_Lang I'm downloading it NOW!! I said I'll review it when I'm done. This will be awsome!
Todd_Lang I have a huge problem. It WON'T LOAD!!!!!! Nothing will come up in the scenario folder. I have put it in the right place, loaded warchiefs and nothing comes UP!!! I have patch 1.02. Would that do anything?
Spudboy The extension was missing. I haven't tried running it yet, but all you should have to do is add .age3Xscn to the end of the file name.
TinyPiesRUs
File Author
Fixed it. It should work now..
Spudboy
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 4
The cinematic works great, but there was a bit of lag even on my computer (which is a fairly powerful computer).

Balance: 5
I'm not sure that balance is really an issue in a cinematic.

Creativity: 5
I think the cinematic was great and I would love to see more like it.

Map Design: 5
The map was excellent. I especially liked the opening with the train running through the fort.

Story/Instructions: 5
I was a good story. It was short and simple, just the way I like it.

Additional Comments:
Overall it was a wonderful cinematic. The only problem is that, especially during the battle scene, it might run a bit sluggishly on some computers.

[Edited on 01/20/07 @ 09:14 PM]

Todd_Lang
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
It worked perfect on mine. No lag or nothing. Best cinematic Iv'e ever seen!

Great battles, same amount of soldiers on each side. Fantastic

Creativity: 5
Lot's of different things went into this cinematic. Great idea!

Map Design: 5
Lot's of eye candy with different terrain made the map design superb!

Story/Instructions: 5
Great story line. One of the best story lines ever.

Additional Comments:
This was my most favourite cinematic of all time. That is why I am giving it a massive 5/5 stars. WELL DONE TinyPiesURs!

[Edited on 01/20/07 @ 09:56 PM]

annihilator2000
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
^Ok, I'm not going to be quite as easy as they were...doesn't anybody read the review guidelines or take any time reviewing?

Playability: 5
This cinematic was fun to watch, which pretty much sums this up. There was very little lag, the whole thing ran very smoothly without any destraction. The whole thing ran very well together, all elements united nicely to create a very nice cinematic.

This is always the hardest thing with cinematics, I think generally the focus is on camera tracks/cuts. The tracks are very nice (I really liked the opening one) and give a good variety of angles and perspectives. In the way of general side A versus side B balance, it was also good in that there was exitment since you didn't know what would happen each battle, keeping things interesting.

Creativity: 4
This map is fairly creative in design, and many of the camera angles and tracks are very creative. The large amount of sound use is creative too. However you loose a point here since you're sticking with the story that fits with the game, instead of straying off into some creation of you imagination.

Map Design: 4
The map design was good, there was a good amount of detail in most scenes. There's nothing that sticks out as bad about it, every scene looks good and realistic. However, it didn't contain any fancy design tricks or crazy detail. These things aren't necessary, but huge amounts of work dedicated to map design are what it takes to get a perfect score.

Story/Instructions: 4
The cinematic told a story, and it was very easy to follow. It did its job well, letting the viewer always know what was happening. However, the reason you lost a point here is because it remains a pretty general story, without going very much into detail. Characters exchange one line of dialog and then it skips forward, without letting things develop much. I could say more here, but I think you get the idea, I'll stop before I start sounding like an english teacher :p

Additional Comments:
Overall, a very good cinematic. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make in the future. One thing you might want to change is the ending so that it ends sooner after the cinematic is over instead of when the music is finished. Just end it at the spot when the music get quiet.
Great job with the cinematic!
AN_Nuisance I'm not going to write a review as a cinematic because I am not familiar with really what it takes to do a cinematic...however...it is a really excellent job! Everything played well, was easy to follow and so on. I'd really like to see a scenario created to go with this cinematic ...something like "Can You Change Custer's Luck?"

Great job!

[Edited on 01/21/07 @ 11:03 PM]

TinyPiesRUs
File Author
1000 downloads :)
Me the Great help!my scenario folder dosent exist!can this is my first download from age3 heaven!if i dont have a scenario file how do i do this
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.4