New Files

Modpacks » Play the SPC civs without disabling ESO

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Play the SPC civs without disabling ESO

Author File Description
Hikaro Takayama
File Details
Game Version: TWC
This mod essentially takes what Kastor and Lpmr did with enabling the SPC civs, and expands on it.

I created an expanded card pool for all the Blood Ice and Steel SPC civs (Excluding The Circle and Pirates) as well as attempted to balance the two civs that are incapable of reaching the Imperial age, as well as making sure that all 3 civs start with a default 15-card deck (like all the normal civs), so that even if you chose to reset your civ, you'll still have those 15 starting cards.

Since the SPC civs don't start with explorers, I gave them the Portugese explorer shipment card, and enabled it to be sent in age 1. I also included it into the default decks for all three civs.

Since Malta can't build plantations, arsenals, or factories (has to reach age IV to build them, which Malta can't), I gave them Capitalism (gold trickle) in their starting deck, and have it so that at level 25, they can also get Earth Bounty (gold and wood trickle) and distributiism (wood trickle) as well. In addition, I gave them Germantown farmers card so they can build settler wagons, the Rev deck 4 gatling gun card (I tested it and it works), and a number of other infinite unit shipment cards (including inf 8 highlanders, inf 6 rodeleros, inf fireships and inf team hessians)

Boston, while unable to reach Imperial age, is still pretty balanced, but I edited the decks to mainly flesh them out as well as give them the ability to get two factories. Since the generation of HVY artillery is not enabled for them, I gave them the German Infinite 1 hvy cannon and 4 uhlan shipment. I also fleshed out the Merc tree and made it so that they can no longer get Merc armies at level 1 (which would be OP, IMO).

The US only required fleshing out of the deck and moving some powerful cards up to where they should be in level requirements. In addition, I also added the possibility for a second factory... basically, one of the Age 4 politicians gives a factory wagon and the other gives a fort wagon, meaning that you can have either 2 forts or two factories.

In addition, since none of the SPC civs can train spies, I also gave them the 5 spy (level 0), 10 spy (level 10) and Advanced scouts (level 10) cards, seeing as Advanced scouts are basically equivalent to spies in combat, stealth and detection capabilities, and the card enables the Advanced Scouts to be trained from either your TC or Native Ebassies.

For more info and some screenshots, go to this thread: http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=14,31362,,10

I hope you have as much fun playing this as I did making it... I'm also planning on a full mod, which will disable ESO unfortunately, that includes after-game flag images, and the other three SPC civs that I wasn't able to include this time.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Hikaro Takayama
File Author
I forgot to add the following instructions:

Unzip the sp_homecityname_homecity.xml files into your My Documents\My Games\Age Of Empires 3\Savegame folder

and unzip the HomecitySPCAct*.xml files into your Age of Empires III\Scenario\Blood Ice Steel folder.
Williams Does this mod work on the demo?
AndrewYang I don't know how to get the rockets in the British civilization. Can you tell me how to get them in my artillery barraks, because I can't seem to find them, and also in the french I can't find the cuirassiers.
Cherusci Settler wagons can not be created at the mill using the German Farmers card.Small glitch or bug.The only settler wagons available are the 1 unit available in Age I, but it has infinite capability within the population limitations.

If is is possible to increase the wood/food/gold crates available a the start it would improve play for St. Louis and Boston. Both start out slow getting to Age II and this is compounded by lack of explorer at the offset.(haven't played Malta yet).

Playing St.Louis(USA) will improve once additional options are added for politicians when aging up.

Presently with no cards for second fort or second factory, a careful choice is required when aging up. The factory politician has been my choice against the computer. The fort may be better against a human opponent.

Looking forward for the revised upgraded version.

squigly When i downloading this file it worked but my HC is black and i can't get shipments or new cards. Does anyone know what i did wrong?
Ninja_Space_Man AndrewYang, firstly you can't train rockets at your artillery foundry, and secondly you get cuirassiers shipped from your home city.
Hope that helps!
I_eXodus_I It's not working. I can select any of the new HC's, I've put the files in

C:\Documents and Settings\Luis\My Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\Scenario

C:\Documents and Settings\Luis\My Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\Scenario\Blood Ice Steel (custom)

C:\Documents and Settings\Luis\My Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\Savegame

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III\Campaign\Blood Ice Steel

And it still doesn't work.
I_eXodus_I
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Creativity3.0
Art and Sound5.0
Installation/Instructions5.0
Story/Description5.0
Playability: 5
Good,there's seems to be more fun playing with SPC Civs.
Creativity: 3
3 because you didn't really make the mod, however you have editted it.

Art and Sound: 5
You haven't added sounds for explorers, however I realise this may take time.

Installation/Instructions: 5
Good instructions. I didn't get it first time round cos I wasn't thinking right.

Story/Description: 5
No story.

Kennykazey this mod looks good, but does it work with TAD?
Kennykazey I tested it with TAD and it worked, however the explorers lacked voices...

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Creativity3.0
Art and Sound5.0