Browse Categories
New Files

Single Player Scenarios » Peculiar Adventures of Giovanni Ferreiro

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Peculiar Adventures of Giovanni Ferreiro

Author File Description
Shusky
(id: Silver Husky)
Peculiar Adventures of Giovanni Ferreiro is a short comedy scenario. Total time needed to complete it is less than half an hour - provided that you manage to do it on your first try. Numerous triggers thrown here and there will do they best not to let you.

The storyline revolves around Giovanni Ferreiro, army commander of a small and now somewhat forgotten Italian city-state of Middleofnowherum in the early 16th century. When a powerful neighbouring city-state is accidentaly reminded of Middleofnowherum's existance and plots to conquer it just to spend an afternoon productively, the Town Mayor puts Giovanni in charge of saving his small homeland from certain doom.

Peculiar Adventures of Giovanni Ferreiro is an RPG/FF. Stealthy ambushes, seeking allied troops, and maneuvering among enemy patrols galore. This download also includes a beginning and an ending cinematic, that should (quite obviously) be played before and after the scenario.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
king of ages Haha, it was undoubtedly the dumbest most fun scenario I've played yet ;) The quests were hard with my severely limited resources, but uh..skipped it.. after dying a few times. You have some really good ideas with eye candy and such, and the comedian? Just awesome.

Great job and I look forward to more.
Shusky
File Author
Heh, it's challenging as promised :P

We'll see about possible sequels later.
lifereloaded
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance3.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 3
I gave you a 3 Because: It was fun like you said and it kept me awake unlike others I have played. Which I wont go into detail here. I had to give a 3 because you could of done much better on how thing worked. I cant go into detail here because it would be a spoiler and I wont put them in my review. if you want to know what i talking about email me.

Balance: 3
I gave you a 3 Because: The balance was kinda one sided but not enough to rate you lower than a 3

Creativity: 5
I gave you a 5 Because: Now this is where you did great I liked everything you did to your map in general. The unique things I always talk about well you had it great job.

Map Design: 5
I gave you a 5 Because: The map design was superb for all three lots of things made the maps great.

Story/Instructions: 5
I gave you a 5 Because: The story line made me laugh and there were not trigger faults.

Additional Comments:
If you have any questions or comments you can contact me at xsl_league@yahoo.com. If you edit this review let me know so I can update it.

Steve
Gaurdian_112 This is so ridiculous, I am going to play this and give it a proper review.
Gaurdian_112
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance2.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Let me begin this review with...

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Playability: 4

Alright, first to the opening cinematic. It was great. Hilarious. Down right awesome. The camera angles were good, though they lagged (I myself will not be using a pitch editor for my Jack Absolute, would lag too much + I don't use mods), so sometimes the pitch you chose wasn't that good...

However, the opening cinematic is great. The music was just amazing, and the scenes played out like a real movie. The humour was clever, and I have alot to learn from Husky if I ever want to make a sequel to Heroes Chronicles.

Now, on to the first scenario. Ok, you need to speed up the hero healing or give us a way to heal. It's not that it's too hard, it's just that we lose health way too fast. This is surprising since you had Elpea as a playtester and he is one of the guys who convinced me to make easy to kill enemies in Heroes Chronicles...

This might be a bug. We aren't healing in this scn.

Anyways, this is a big problem. There is also no interaction with other units in the scenario, which is pretty boring. I kind of expected more, much more.

But I love the instant AoK feeling you get from this scenario, IMO if AoE3 scenario designing keeps heading this way, this'll definately be a designing age to remember.

Now, on to the rest of the review- the ending cinematic was also superb. The comedian thing made me cry of laughter. That was funny, I didn't see the cannon coming, ROFL!

Balance: 2

Horribly balanced. I can't even get past most of it because we just don't get healed. I went to the ruins and still, I was too low HP to even try moving forward, espiacally with the rocket blocking my way. This is terrible, since this scenario has alot of potential to be amazing. If the author fixes this bug and makes it slightly easier (IMO try to make it challenging, not impossible!) then this'll go up dramatically.

The fights are very fun though.

Tee hee. Hilarious. The music mixed in well with the cinematics, which are the highlight of this download. I loved the comedian dying at the end. Pretty damn funny. 'How many venicians does it take to screw a signal fire' ROFLMAO!

Creativity+++

Map Design: 3

Didn't like it at all. It's like you just threw terrain and trees to fill up space. There was nothing special about the map, in fact, it was below average map-design was. Alot more work could have been put into this. Its just slightly better than a Random Map, but no more. You need more embellishment etc.. etc.. objects. Too many wide-open spaces isn't too good either.

There also seemed to be alot of walking for no reason, and this made it repetitive- walk, kill bad guys, walk big stretch of land, kill bad guys, and so on.

The story is awesome, very creative, and very funny. The objects were very well-made and I liked the way you pointed out everything on the mini-map. Again, there are bugs regarding healing, but I already deducted points for that.

Additional Comments:

Fix the healing bug!
Shusky
File Author
There is healing. Read the objective hints next time. Ruins and Eagles heal you at the rate and range of field hospitals :P

Giovanni heals for about a minute from 1HP, tourists in accordingly less time.
Gaurdian_112 But then the healing is way too slow- to a point that I don't even notice it.
Shusky
File Author
Fast healing would unbalance it to the easy side. I'm not too happy with this rate as well, but it by no means renders the RPG part impossible to beat ;)
Gaurdian_112 It's hard man. Atleast increase it by 25%. Its so slow I didn't even notice I was healing. I'm not saying we need everything to be at an incredibly fast pace...

But it doesn't make it easier if we heal quickly, it just means we have to wait longer if we don't heal quickly.
R34N
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance2.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 4
Well, let's start with the cinematics. They were damn so funny i laughed so hard. Obviously this is the funniest and most stupid scenario i have played for quite a long time. Keep up the good work, this is really great and i think ppl need this kind of entertaintment. Btw it was way too hard but this belongs to the balances.
There were no bugs and were no trigger failures so i think the playability worth a 4. It's not a 5 only because it was too hard and this makes the player frustrated i think.

Balance: 2
Man, it was hard! It made me want to kill myself after i tried it about 8 or 9 times and still failed in the first half. It would be much better if you would make it a little more easier. Or this one is supposed to be an "Uber Experts Only" rpg map? I don't think so...

It's a 5 with a lots of pluses, as the others said it before. I can't say anyhing else, it was really funny and dumb and i loved the humor and laughed so many times.

Map Design: 5
You made it pretty nice, i don't think there were too many wide-opan places, i think it was just ok. I mean nothing too bad but noting really new. I still give you a 5 because i loved those little thingies like the trees in the water or the barrage made of a gate and the "Ancient Roman Thingy", lol.

Perfect. The instructions was clear and the story was simply awesome. I can't tell it in words how much i loved this map and how much i loved the humor and the story and that poor Giovanni who had to guide tourists while the Venicians are about to attack his town. You HAVE TO make more of this kind of map or just with this kind of humor. One of the best custom maps I've ever seen. (and i mean in every game i have played not only in aoe3)

Additional Comments:
Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to seeing more from you.

Yours sincerely: Reanimator

[Edited on 12/23/05 @ 08:25 PM]

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown