New Files

Single Player Scenarios » River Crossing

Download File Post Review Post Comment

River Crossing

Author File Description
Saden50
File Details
Game Version: TWC
You're general leading a rebelion against the British Empire in the little known yet flourishing colony of Henryck (named for king henry). You have decided to attack the main city on the colony, New Manchester. Your scout warns you there is a river to cross and four fixed guns infront of the city. He also sais your calalry reinforcements will only arrive after you control the outer two, but your infintry reinforcements will arrive every minute. Your are to take the city by destroying the forts town centers, ossuries and the capitol.

This is my first scenerio i've made recently (my last one was Order 66 v1.01) and i'm noyt that good with the landscaping. Also, don't refrain for pointing out anything that is wrong in this scenerio, it will help me.

~Saden50

P.S. You can edit this file for TWC as long as you give me partial credits.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Northern Marvin I could do a better map than this in less than 15 minutes... Both map design and triggers. Wannas gave you W.A.Y. too good rating! There was absolutely NO trees or anything that could make me say: good job.I would give this scenario a -6, but oh well...

I suggest you to do this, when you want to make a scenario:
Plan the scenario. Shall there be a history in it? Should it be based on historical events? Should it be a special type skirmish?
When you have done this, start making the standard look of the map. Paint the ground with terrain types that fits to each other. Half of the map shouldn't be snow, when the rest is grass. When finished with the terrain, use the forest brush to make trees at the map. Then, start brushing water, where it shall be water. Start placing out eyecandies, and other stuff, like underbrush, treasures and other stuff. Make other things the shall be a part of the scen. Shall there be towns there? When finished map, then start with the trigger-work.

Hmmm... someone should make a tutorial, that gave a detailed explanation to people about the scenario editor. Maybe I could do something like that.
Saden50
File Author
Wannas- Thanks for the review (next time post reasons please)

Northern Marvin-Thanks for the insight I'll keep it in mind next time, sorry you didn't like it. I'm not very at map design or eye candy realy, mabey you could help me next time.

[Edited on 07/12/07 @ 11:31 AM]

ColbyJames HEY MAN HOW DO YOU DL MAPS BECAUSE I EXTRACT THEM INTO THE SCENERIO FOLDER IN AGE OF EMPIRES BUT WHEN I PLAY THE GAME THEIR NOT IN CUSTON SCENERIOS....PLEASE HELP...

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:1,346
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:986.88 KB
Added:07/11/07