Modpacks » Ninth Sun Midnight mod Pack_ARetired

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Ninth Sun Midnight mod Pack_ARetired

Author File Description
sziggi
File Details
Game Version: TWC
Screenshot:
This campaign follows the life and times of fictional “War Chief” Arora, Aztec ruler of Mosquid, as he is faced with the insurgents form the east and colonization of his home lands.

Set in the Yucatan at the time of Cortez’s historical campaign, NSM expands on these themes, both in story and scenario,- yet is fictional and not focused on the actual military action. Rather, Arora has his own set of problems compounded by Cortez’s and Montezuma’s union. And with a little inside information, can see the writing on the wall and what lays in store for his people.

The campaign is focused on Build and Destroy with a RPG twist, though dose contain an RPG map. Difficulty levels are included, with hurdles that are at times seem tricky or hard, once learned can be exploited. These have been tested for moderate on v.1.

The campaign is the accumulation of three downloads, fairly large. If this is beyond your means please e-mail me at sziggi@hotmail.com for help.

The downloads are:
Ninth Sun Midnight zip files names and locations.

1.)The campaign: NSM_Camp V.1 + Reinstall patch v.1.03
copy&paste
----------
http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=1469
HG AoEIII signal player download page.

2.)Modding pack1: Ninth Sun Midnight_A V.1
HG AoEIII Modding download page.You are here

3.)Modding pack2: Ninth Sun Midnight_B V.1
copy&paste
----------
http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=1471
HG AoEIII Modding download page.

This download runs on the Ensemble Studios Patch 1.03, and has been included in the Campaign download as a Reinstall. After downloading zips, open the containers and drag out the .exe by the names above including the Reinstall zip, to your desk top. Click each blue icon for loading and follow the directions,- yet save the red reinstall icon for later when finished with NSM.

This version.1 of NSM has yet to have an Uninstall added, and for now serves proposes overwriting data for a return to on-line gaming, eso, ect, via the Reinstall .exe. Otherwise programming is contained in the NSM_Camp V.1 and installed to the “Ages” folder. Modding Packs A and B are the .ddt files, (paint for models). Yet most modded models have been reskinned and will appear black if Packs are not added. Once Modding Pack A and B are intalled (click “Unzip”), loaders; Ninth Sun Midnight_A V.1 and Ninth Sun Midnight_A V.1 can then be removed from your desktop leaving the NSM_Camp V.1 to load content and the Reinstall patch v.1.03 to remove the content just like an on and off switch.

The modded civic are the Aztec, and the Mayan, (replacing the Iroquois) and some editing to British, and Spanish. Other civics are left for continuity of game function, and can be played though content is somewhat mixed.

Look for : A “Foodstrore” that produces stormclouds, and spits lightning, “hornet throwers”, and yes a “relic” . Also many reskinned spc objects, and new objects by way of particle files!

These modded civic will make use of the AI and modded models have been added to the AI’s build lists. Aztec still somewhat of a “late bloomer” with the Mayan as a “rusher”.

This production is a sole effort of myself, yet would like to extend many thanks to the numerous helpful people who have created products of their own efforts that were used in the creation of NSM. And the many folks of “Heaven’s Games”, the “Age of Empires III” fan site, who have been helpful, and its site people who do a great job. And of course Ensemble studios, for remembering the little guy and making programming the enjoyable journey and experienced that can elevate an effort.

AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Lord Tahattus
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Creativity5.0
Art and Sound4.0
Installation/Instructions5.0
Story/Description5.0
There's no much to comment. But I'm a modder and I'm 100% sure of what I'll say now: It's a PIECE OF ART whatever sziggi does. This guy has the guts. The way you created new buildings, new units, some skins are bad but creativity is colossal. Keep the good work!
sziggi
File Author
Thanks so much, was the most fun I ever had building maps and such. Wish the mod was more accessable or user friendly, yet some fun to be had.
KevinG http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=17495439cx1.jpg

I get this error after clicking on Ninth Sun Midnight_A V.1 or Ninth Sun Midnight_B V.1.

ALTHOUGH, After double clicking on the icons of ALL three downloads it comes up with some Winzip self extraction. SO, I directed it to c://programfiles/Microsoft Games/Age of Empires III

After extracting it says 261 files extracted successfully (something like that).

Did I do something wrong? or is it correcT?

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Creativity5.0
Art and Sound4.0