Game Speed: Normal
Starting Age: Discovery
Game Type: Supremacy
Cheats Allowed: No
Total Game Time: 32 minutes
Player 1's Name: Eisenhower
Player 2's Name: Gage11
Game Version: TWC
I am playing against Gage11, a portuguese player. I try out a spy rush, but it is unsuccessful. He does a standard FF, while I boom my economy. Knowing the portuguese vs. ottoman psychology, I gamble that he won't attack me because he knows he'll eventually outboom me. Since he doesn't attack, I am free to boom my economy.... until the portuguese player begins to pull ahead! His mortars demolish my fort. Can I snatch a victory through Revolution? You'll have watch to find out!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Tom_3000 Just watched this; the Revolution was a fun move, completely overwhelmed him. Felt a little sorry for Gage, Rockies is a miserable map for hunts, he really struggled for food. thought the deck was a bit strange... 1000F or even 700F would have got that boom going much faster; was he really gonna send those mill/plant upgrades?

Spy rush really puts Ports on the back foot and its rare that you can't come back from the slow start. But a couple of suggestions on it:

-Once you've got his explorer, harass vills, stop him herding. On Rockies, not quite so important, but you can still pick off a couple of vills... you did this at about 4mins i think, coulda been much sooner.

-Once you've got the group of ~7-9 spies (I usually do two 300G shipments) you have to make sure you get his Age up TC(s). The colonial one is most important. They will kill it quickly enough even in TC range. Run your spies through town even as soon as he ages to find it. Cover mode optional extra. *Be interesting to see the difference the patch makes to this*.

-Use the spies to their full potential - high speed and stealth! One spy could have scouted entire map in half a minute, show you where those extra hunts/mines are. And you chose a few times to run the spies around the mountain - why not get out of TC range, stealth, and run around inside his mountain range.

-Eh, and finally, you took the TP's so late?!? I know Stagecoach is out of the question on Rockies but your xp income was very slow with no fighting. When I saw that 1000W come, I thought, at last! but you built a new TC instead :)

SahintheFalcon
File Author
tbh that was my first time using a spy rush. thanks for the tips

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:489