Modpacks » Legend of Zelda: Link and Ganondorf Modpack

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Legend of Zelda: Link and Ganondorf Modpack

Author File Description
BigFatZ
File Details
Game Version: TWC
----/// Legend of Zelda: Link and Ganondorf Modpack \\\----

This modpack allows you to play with Link and Ganondorf from the popular Legend of Zelda videogame series. Mod includes:

~> Adds two new units to the game: Link and Ganondorf
~> Both units have custom anims, textures, icons, and sounds.
~> Each unit has their own unique 'modes' and special attacks.
~> Both units can be built from the Saloon for European civs, and from the War Hut for Natives.
~> The mod also changes the Main Menu background to show an image rather than the Homecity; menu music is also changed.
~> Includes Homecity units for Scenario purposes (credits to Shaw DA MAN for this).

Screenshots here!

Configuration
Install: Double-click the Legend of Zelda Modpack icon and follow on-screen instructions.

Uninstall: After installation, there should be an icon on your desktop called "AoE III TWC Restore". Double-click this icon and the program will restore Age of Empires III: TWC back to the state it was in prior to installation of the Zelda mod (if you had another mod installed before, it will revert back to that one - if you had no mods installed prior to the Zelda mod, it will restore the game to normal).

IMPORTANT: BEFORE installation of the mod, go to your C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III\Sound\XPack\Music\Interface folder and make a back-up of the music file "Geddovmagushpa" (copy it to somewhere you'll remember it). The installer/uninstaller doesn't make a copy of this music file on its own, so when you uninstall the mod the menu music stays as the Zelda version. When you uninstall the mod, simply paste over the "Geddovmagushpa" that is in the interface folder. If you do NOT make a backup and want the original music afterwards, email a friend (or anyone that owns TWC) and they should be able to send it to you.

When in game, to reduce ugly shininess that affects the units on higher graphics settings, you'll need to turn the Bloom Effects option in the Game Graphics menu to OFF (or lower your graphic settings, although this doesn't help 100%).

Also, to use the units properly, you will need to turn Show Advanced Formations ON in the Game options menu. This is so you can use the units' modes (if you do not turn this on, the units will not work as they should).

Credits
A special thanks to those people that helped me with this mod:
RiderOfEternity - for playtesting, giving ideas and team support, and for helping fix up the textures.
Twoqtimes2 - for playtesting, giving suggestions, and helping create the auto-installer/uninstaller.
Tilanus Commodor - for creating all-new and much better icons for the units.
Liquid Fire Studios - for just being there with encouraging words and little suggestions.

I hope you enjoy this mod as much as I did making it. Please leave any questions or comments here, or on the forums. Thank you for downloading. :)
~BigFatZ
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
papaya
(id: X_MOSS)
Very cool, and nice screenshots!

[Edited on 08/25/07 @ 03:52 PM]

PrplPplEater 2nd download, 2nd comment. Neat. :)
gunner1 if i like it maybe i'll make a little scenario for it.
gunner1 a problem. when going back from the editor to the main menu the zelda music doesn't play, just the normal aoe3.
BigFatZ
File Author
Oh, that's not really an "error". I only changed TWC menu-theme. For some reason when you go back to the main menu the original AoE3 theme plays. Didn't wanna fill up the download with another 2 mb of music. ;)

And thanks to everyone so far. Test it and lemme know how it works. :)
ToreNou021 When I uninstall the Mod, The Background Music is still present, How to Change it back?
BigFatZ
File Author
Oh... The guy that made my installer/uninstaller said he sorta had a problem with that... But I assumed he had figured it out. He never told me he didn't. :S

Erm, the problem was that the installer wouldn't make a back-up copy of the menu song. So when you went to uninstall the mod, it had nothing to revert to. Sorry about that... I thought it had been solved.

If anyone who has already downloaded the mod needs the menu music sent to them, send me an email at tyrew_johnitt@hotmail.com and I'll send the file back to you. That's ONLY if you've already downloaded it; I'm putting a warning in the mod description now for you to back-up the music file before installing, so anyone who doesn't do that and asks for the music... well I don't want to be sending out dozens or perhaps hundreds of songs!
DarthLeon
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Creativity4.0
Art and Sound4.0
Installation/Instructions4.0
Story/Description4.0
The mod is cool, but i was expecting a bit more, and Links shild stance makes no sense, as all he does in it is move slower, Maybe give him higher resistance in it? Beyond that, the mod is pretty cool.
BigFatZ
File Author
But his resistance (armour) IS higher in the shield mode, hence it's purpose. :S
DarthLeon um, its always shows 40% ranged resistance, no matter what mode youre in..
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Creativity4.0