Download File Post Review Post Comment

Strategic Objectives: Battle of the Bay

Author File Description
MosheLevi
File Details
Game Version: TWC
Screenshot:
Strategic Objectives: Battle of the Bay

This scenario is for both “AOE 3: Original” (Vanilla) and “AOE 3: TWC”.

This scenario requires the latest patch.

“Strategic Objectives” is a scenario that qualifies as a new game type.

It allows to capture neutral buildings that are guarded by guardians (such as Forts and Barracks), and even re-capture them from the AI and vice versa.
Captured buildings offer either economic bonus or military bonus (free units).

Players can also capture Great Cannons and use them to construct Fixed Guns anywhere on the map.

In this scenario Players can Teleport their armies behind enemy lines once they captured a sacred temple (for TWC only).

Scenario Versions

The following is the list of the “Scenario Launchers” that you can execute:

TWC

xStrat Obj Launch Bay Easy.age3Xscn
xStrat Obj Launch Bay Moderate.age3Xscn
xStrat Obj Launch Bay Normal.age3Xscn
xStrat Obj Launch Bay Hard.age3Xscn

Vanilla

Strat Obj Launch Bay Easy.age3scn
Strat Obj Launch Bay Normal.age3scn
Strat Obj Launch Bay Hard.age3scn

These scenario launchers will allow you to select the civ that you want to play with and launch the appropriate scenario.

Do NOT execute the “Launcher” from the Editor – That won’t work.
Execute the “Launcher” from the Main Menu.
Click on “Single Player”, then on “Custom Scenario”, and then look for one of the “Launch” files.

Game Play

This map is a bay area with only one narrow land passage between the two players.
Players will have to build ships and use naval tactics.

There are 20+ neutral structures around the map such as Forts, Barracks, Stables, Mills(with villagers) that are guarded by guardians (who are hostile to anyone who passes by) and any of these structures can be captured by any one of the players.

In addition to that players can re-capture them from each other.

Since every building offers either economic bonus or military bonus it is crucial to capture as many of these structures in order to achieve victory.

There is also one Fixed Gun on top of a hill that can be captured, and 2 Great Cannons that can be captured as well.
Once a player captures any one of the Great Cannons he can use it to build a Fixed Gun anywhere on the map after he reaches the Fortress age.

In this scenario Players can Teleport their armies behind enemy lines once they captured a sacred temple (for TWC only).

You capture the Aztec Temple when you build a native post right next to the temple.
You would also need to rescue the Navajo Tracker and his small army from the prison.
Once you control the Temple and rescue the Navajo Tracker you can Teleport your army from the Aztec Temple to the Navajo Tracker.

If the native post is destroyed then you would loose control of the Aztec Temple .

The Navajo Tracker has the Stealth ability which can allow you to send him deep into enemy territory undetected.

To Teleport your army from around the Aztec Temple to the Navajo Tracker, just select the Navajo Tracker and your Explorer at the same time.

If your Navajo Tracker is wounded you can then Teleport him to your TC by selecting the Navajo Tracker and your Railroad Worker.

For more information about the game play and new features see:
”Strategic Objectives: Battle of the Bay” Scenario.

Scenario Versions

I have made several versions with different civs to play with and different difficulty levels.

For Vanilla:

There are 3 different civ versions and 3 difficulty levels for each civ (Easy, Normal and Hard).

For TWC:

There are 4 different civ versions and 4 difficulty levels for each civ (Easy, Moderate, Normal , and Hard)

“Easy”, “Moderate”, and “Normal” versions are utilizing “Moderate” AI.
The “Hard” version utilizes “Hard” AI.

For average players I would suggest to play the “Moderate” version first.
Very good players can start with the “Normal” version.

No cheating codes are allowed with these scenarios

In the event the cheat codes are being used the AI will receive 100 mercenaries with 20,000 HP.

So just play the level that fits your level the most.

Installation Instructions

Please note that these scenarios don’t mod your game in any way.

Installation Instructions for AOE 3: TWC

Copy all the “Xstrat Obj….age3Xscn” files to
"My Documents/My Game/Age of Empires 3/Scenario"

Copy all the "HomecityX…….XML" files to
"Program Files/Microsoft Games/Age of Empires III/Campaign/War Chief"

Copy the music file Quest_for_the_Unknown.mp3 to the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III\Sound

Installation Instructions for AOE 3: Vanilla

Copy all the "Strat Obj…….age3scn" to
"My Documents/My Game/Age of Empires 3/Scenario".

Copy all the "Homecity_……XML" files to
"Program Files/Microsoft Games/Age of Empires III/Campaign/Blood Ice Steel"

Copy the music file Quest_for_the_Unknown.mp3 to the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III\Sound

Message for the Reviewers

Please review either the “Moderate” or “Normal” versions of the scenario depending on your skill level.
The “Hard” version was made only for the contest and the “Easy” version is just for practice.

Please keep in mind that despite the fact that the AI has more units than the human player, the human player can counter that with superior strategy and tactics, especially with a good use of Fixed Guns.

Special Thanks

I want to thank Schildpad (also known as Furby_Killer) for helping me test the various “Strategic Objectives” scenarios and for his important advice.
Schildpad’s help and feedback was most valuable.

I want to thank pftq for his great “Advanced Effects” that helped me enhance the AI to a new level, and to introduce the “Building Fixed Guns” feature.

I also want to thank somme for his brilliant “Villager Second Calculator” which I used for the free units balancing, and to kjn for making the screen shots for me.

Thank you,

Moshe Levi
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Commando730 looks great, i dont have time to download and play it right now, but ill see to it ASAP!
Northern Marvin What actually is ASAP? What does it stand for?

I'll download the scen. when I get time.
CaveTown ASAP=As soon as possible
AN_Nuisance
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
As usual a well thought out gameplay scenario. Challenging on Normal...I imagine that hard would be VERY difficult. I chose to revolt as I figured the continuous flow of gattling guns and forts would be a big help, and it was. (At least on normal)

Balance: 5
On normal there was certainly a challenge...victory never seemed certain.

Creativity: 5
I gave this a 5 because this is one of several of this type of scenario you've created (Strategic Objectives). The entire idea rocks.

Map Design: 4
As usual the map is laid out brilliantly. The distance between fixed guns and objectives was good. Treasures were around, and trading posts fro Indian allies. The only ding is the lack of eye candy and although there was some terrain differences, they are mostly basically flat terrains with fixed gun emplacements on high ground. The were what I would refer to as mesas (flat top hills). All in all a great design.

Story/Instructions: 5
As usual...you absolutely shine here. There is no story per se, but the instructions are very good. I never did teleport. But I was able to understand how to do it...

Additional Comments:
Absolutely worth the download! Do it NOW guys!
MosheLevi
Staff
Official Reviewer
File Author

Thank you AN_Nuisance for a very nice review (as usual).

You are very quick, I just released the scenario 24 hours ago.

I would highly recommend trying the “Teleport” ability, it’s really fun.
You didn’t mention that you built fixed guns but I assume you did, right?

Please note that you can send a proof of victory for any of the versions (except for Easy) to enter the drawing.
For more details see link above.
Northern Marvin Wow, Moshe! You really impress me. You make the most advanced scenarios I've ever seen (especially in trigger work.)

Hmm... How did you actually make the teleport ability?
Well... I'll check the trigger-work when I download this... Did you use advanced triggers?

[Edited on 09/12/07 @ 08:07 AM]

MosheLevi
Staff
Official Reviewer
File Author
Thank you Northern Marvin,

Yes, I used pftq's advanced triggers.

I used the "teleport to unit" effect.
Look for triggers that start with "teleport...".
You may find them under the "teleport" group.

[Edited on 09/13/07 @ 03:11 AM]

teddysr I downloaded everything according to instructions after the music stops it will lock to have an access to the game i'll go to the menu but it will show the banner of intruction in black and gold letterings in the middle with no space to play and lock at the map one third on top and one third at the bottom besides nothing goes on the players won't move. I like your games hopefully you can help me on this. This is same true with your other strategioc games except the russo-turky games where I can play it. Thanks!
MosheLevi
Staff
Official Reviewer
File Author
Did you execute one of the scenario launchers from the main menu?

Did the game locks after you start the scenario?
Which scenario? the launcher? or the actual scenario?

You can also execute one of the scenarios directly (start with "xStrat Obj Bay...") from the main menu or from the Editor itself.

Did you install the latest patch?

Try the other two scenarios "Islands" and "Cryptic Lakes".
You can execute the actual scenarios from the Editor or the Launcher from the main menu.

It's either something wrong with your game or you just don't have the latest patch.
teddysr Thank you for your immediate response. I can use launcher and go as far as black screen with yellow wordings and playing music after the music nothing will happen, to quit I have to double click the upper right hand corner for the menu and quit or look at the map but it won't do anything even if I clcik the IA units. My version is 1.12 on AOE # and 1.04 for TWC. I have also downloaded patch 1.04 when I check to update it says it's already updated. Thanks again!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0