Download File Post Review Post Comment

Strategic Objectives: Battle of the Bay 1V1

Author File Description
MosheLevi
File Details
Game Version: AoE3+TWC
# of Players: 2
Strategic Objectives: Battle of the Bay 1V1

This Multiplayer scenario is only for TWC.
Do NOT play it with TAD disc.

This scenario requires the latest patch.

“Strategic Objectives” is a scenario that qualifies as a new game type.

1. It allows to capture neutral buildings that are guarded by guardians (such as Forts and Barracks), and even re-capture them from your opponent and vice versa.
Captured buildings offer either economic bonus or military bonus (free units).

2. Players can also capture Great Cannons and use them to construct Fixed Guns anywhere on the map.

3. Players can Teleport their armies behind enemy lines once they captured the Aztec Temple and rescued the Navajo Tracker.

How to Host the Game

This scenario is a 1V1 game (for 2 players).
However, on ESO this scenario shows 5 players.
Players 3, 4 and 5 are passive computer players.

It is therefore very important to set players 3, 4 and 5 as computer players.

There is no need to set the teams.

Scenario Versions

There are 4 versions for this scenario where the map layout and buildings location is somewhat different.

Some of the scenario versions allow players to rush their opponent very early in the game, and other versions are like semi “no rush” games where it takes 10-15 minutes before players can enter each other’s territory.

Which version to play is entirely up to you.

Game Play

This map is a bay area with only one or two narrow land passages between the two players.
There is also an island with a sacred Aztec Temple that can be used to teleport armies across the map.
In this map it is important to build ships and use naval tactics.

There are 20+ neutral structures around the map such as Forts, Barracks, Stables, Mills(with villagers) that are guarded by guardians (who are hostile to anyone who passes by) and any of these structures can be captured by any one of the players.

In addition to that players can re-capture them from each other.

Since every building offers either economic bonus or military bonus it is crucial to capture as many of these structures in order to achieve victory.

There are also Fixed Guns that can be captured, and 2 Great Cannons that can be captured as well.
Once a player captures any one of the Great Cannons he can use it to build a Fixed Gun anywhere on the map after he reaches the Fortress age.

Players can Teleport their armies behind enemy lines once they captured the Aztec Temple.

You capture the Aztec Temple when you build a native post right next to the temple.
You would also need to rescue the Navajo Tracker and his small army from the prison.
Once you control the Temple and rescue the Navajo Tracker you can Teleport your army from the Aztec Temple to the Navajo Tracker.

If the native post is destroyed then you would loose control of the Aztec Temple .

The Navajo Tracker has the Stealth ability which can allow you to send him deep into enemy territory undetected.
But first you have to rescue him from prison.

To Teleport your army from around the Aztec Temple to the Navajo Tracker, just select the Navajo Tracker and your Explorer at the same time.

If your Navajo Tracker is wounded you can then Teleport him to your TC by selecting the Navajo Tracker and your Railroad Worker.

New

Flag Bearers as Way Points:

Players can now use Flag Bearers as a way point for the free units from captured buildings.
Each building has its own Flag Bearer with the name of the building he belongs to.
Players can move Flag Bearers to any location and the free units that come out of the buildings will move towards the Flag Bearers.
This allows players to manage the deployment of free units in a better way and it pretty much works like the normal gathering point we have for each military building.

Flag Bearers are Invulnerable, and with NO line of site (so players cannot use them as spies).
They move fast and flash every 30 seconds.
Flag Bearers will return to their building when the building is re-captured.
If a player cannot locate a specific flag bearer, he can then send the Flag Bearer to its building by selecting the building and his main TC at the same time.
----

Great cannons can be captured just by one unit, and they cannot be re-captured.
Once a player captures any one of the Great Cannons he can use it to build a Fixed Gun anywhere on the map after he reaches the Fortress age.

Military buildings that can be captured are invulnerable (so they don't get destroyed) except for Outposts.

Players get free units from some captured buildings as long as they don't go over 250 population.

Free units and lower unit population allow for up to 200 unit armies (300-400 population).

Buildings that can be captured have two brown flags on both sides of the building.
That is how the player can know if that building can be captured or not.

There is no limit for the number of villagers players can train.
However, every 10 minutes the cost of villagers goes up by 100 food (up to 400 food).

When a mill or plantation (that can be captured) is destroyed, the 10 villagers that come with it will be destroyed automatically.

For more information about the game play and new features see:
”Strategic Objectives" 1V1 Online Scenarios.

Installation Instructions

Copy all the "Strat Obj…….age3Xscn" to
"My Documents/My Game/Age of Empires 3/Scenario".

Copy the music file Quest_for_the_Unknown.mp3 to the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III\Sound

Special Thanks

I want to thank Schildpad (also known as Furby_Killer) for helping me test the various “Strategic Objectives” scenarios and for his important advice.
Schildpad’s help and feedback was most valuable.

I want to thank pftq for his great “Advanced Effects” that helped me enhance the AI to a new level, and to introduce the “Building Fixed Guns” feature.

I also want to thank somme for his brilliant “Villager Second Calculator” which I used for the free units balancing, and to kjn for making the screen shots for me.

Thank you,

Moshe Levi
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Ultra_Janissary umm... Mosh , the the units only come to the flag bearer about 2 minutes after they are created.
Ultra_Janissary
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
Very fun to play.
Balance: 5
Everything is symmatrical so it's easily balanced.

Creativity: 5
I liked the new features a lot.You've done so much since the first Strategic Objectives ..... Teleportation , Flag points ,and Multiplayer.

Map Design: 5
Great map.

Story/Instructions: 4.5
*FIXED*

Additional Comments:
Overall , a great scenario as usual.

[Edited on 10/09/07 @ 05:03 AM]

MosheLevi
Staff
Official Reviewer
File Author

Thank you Ultra_Janissary for a very favorable review.

I couldn’t figure out why the first free units don’t follow the flag bearers.
My tests showed that the second free unit and on will follow the flag bearers but not the first units.
It’s one of those Editor anomalies I cannot explain.

I do have 4 sets of objectives in “Strategic Objectives” that show up during the game.
1. Capture the buildings.
2. Capture the Great Cannons and use them to build fixed guns.
3. Rescue the Navajo Tracker from prison.
4. Teleport your army from the Temple to the Navajo Tracker.

So if players pause the game and read these instructions carefully then they should understand how to play (just like in single player).
But some players just don’t like to read the objectives, lol, so what can we do?

Thanks again,

Ultra_Janissary ok , review modified . but i didn;t read the in - game instruction since i read the read me fil i just rated those instructions based on eachplayer asking me what to do lol.
MosheLevi
Staff
Official Reviewer
File Author

Thanks again Ultra_Janissary,

Yes, I played with other players online and I tell them to read the objectives.
They read the first set of objectives but they don’t read the new objectives that show up later on.
I guess we need to remind them every time to read the new objectives.

I believe that I found a way to fix the main OOS that was caused by building Fixed Guns with the Explorer.
I have tested the fix several times and it is now working fine.

Please download the new files and discard the old files.

You get to keep your great cannon after you build the fixed gun.
However, you cannot build a second fixed gun with it.
You can now build fixed guns also in Colonial.

aqualord123 hmm, i play sh2, i saw this map on a website, looked great, im going to get this game =D

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0