DeccanRegicide

Author File Description
RF_Gandalf
File Details
Game Version: TAD
Deccan Regicide
An edited random map script for The Asian Dynasties
by RF_Gandalf

This map is an edit of the Deccan map to enable the Regicide game. The Large Deccan map was used as the base, with some editing of the player starting positions, the central plateau, native locations and the position of the trade route opposite the river to allow placement of the large set of walls, Regent's Fortress and Regent that are part of the Regicide game. The game rules are identical to the standard HonshuRegicide game.

To play this map, the files (DeccanRegicide.xs and DeccanRegicide.xml) must be placed in the folder: My Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\RM3. Please do not place them in the game's install folder - that will not work. When you start up a skirmish game in Single-player or Multiplayer, use the small 'Custom Map' button, which allows you to then select one the random maps in that My Games folder from the drop-down window.

I have enjoyed making this unique random map script. Thank you to ES for giving us the tools to do this! Hope you enjoy the map.

Feedback appreciated!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Splash_Z
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Detail/Accuracy4.0
Playability: 4
Only AI players at expert mode,don´t know about other hard and normal, can´t place buildings very well.

Balance: 4
Cool

Creativity: 5
Cool

Map Design: 4
Nice work

Detail/Accuracy: 4
(Insert Detail/Accuracy analysis here)

Additional Comments:
Gandalf´s work Rocks.
I´m waiting for your GiantRandomMap for TAD, ;)
Good work m8
RF_Gandalf
File Author
Thanks for the comments.

Please don't rate my map on how poorly ES/BHG designed the AI, however! I know how frustrating it can be, but unless the company or an interested player designs a better AI we are stuck with poor AI play in single-player.
Splash_Z Sorry m8, i know AI isn´t your doing. i love your maps. can you work on giantmap with with silktrade trade route style?
RF_Gandalf
File Author
Splash_Z

I have thought about trying to do that very thing. Right now I am working on doing some updates of my Giant Random Land Map - a version that includes the Asian type map themes(included with those already used, including all natives) and a version that just has the Asian map types and natives, and a version that will randomize all natives (crazy - could have Cree and Sufi on same map for example, but might be fun to try).
The going is slow due to real life issues like work, but I will get there eventually.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0