Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Random Map Scripts » King Of The Hill

Download File Post Review Post Comment

King Of The Hill

Author File Description
HgEuAaVrEdN King Of The Hill Map By HgEuAaVrEdN v0.3

This map consist of a center hill area, sorrounded by player islands.

Each island has a Town Center, 2 herds of pronghorn, a berry bush ,and many trees.

Capture the Fixed Gun in the center of the map for 15 mins and you win!

To install:

Place KOTH.xs and KOTH.xml in My Documents\MyGames\Age Of Empires 3\RM

Place FixedGun&Base.xml in Program Files\Age Of Empires 3\RM\Groupings

To play this Map:

When selecting maps check the "Custom Maps" button and select "King Of The Hill"

Known bug:

I noticed that the second time you capture the gun in single player the counter doesnt show..

Next time it is captured it works fine.

Added A Total War mode:

To play it, select Expert difficulty.

Timer fixed, Total war mode gives 100000 of each res.

Any Comments, Suggestions, Bugs To be fixed, please post them here.

I will try to make this the best king of the hill map for aoe3 :p

Have Fun!
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Musket Man
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design4.0
Detail/Accuracy4.0
Rating: 4
Works exactly as advertised. Timer could have been a little longer. Balance fine. Great map.

Additional Comments:
The fixed gun didn't work until I added the FixedGun&Base file to the folder Program Files\Microsoft Games\AOE3\RM\Groupings when I just added it to the one inside of My Games it did not work for some reason.

Too bad you can't really have much fun with this vs. computer opponents but with humans it is great fun.

It'd be nice to have a Total War version of this, more resources at start, to get the fighting started realy early.
HgEuAaVrEdN
File Author
There, The Total war mode works, check the new readme
Musket Man Good Job and great work on the speedy update.
Jugit You say capture the gun for 15 minutes and win but it really only takes 1.5 minutes. You probably tested the game by changing the 900 to 90 in the trigger and didn't change it back.
HgEuAaVrEdN
File Author
whoops, Fixed the timer
M0nTy PyTh0n You should rename your map files when making map updates (KOTHv0-11,KOTHv0-12,... ). Else it will give version conflicts on ESO2.
Musket Man Alright well 2 things,

The second time the gun is captured it is only a 90 second timer again, but the rest of the times the timer works.

The total war mode does not give you enough resources. Perhaps a second oppinion would be good before you change this. I would like it to be where I would just have to worry about making troops but perhaps most people would not.
HgEuAaVrEdN
File Author
Fixed (again)...

Thanks for the comments and support :D

[Edited on 12/21/05 @ 11:44 PM]

RF_Gandalf nice concept - couple serious problems though that could be easily fixed.

First - the map is too small, in that sometimes the fixed cannon's range reaches to one player's deer herd if it is randomly located toward the center portion of the map. It was rather funny seeing the AI's villagers and deer all lying dead there after a few minutes, with the AI continually sending the vills to the only food source. Unfortunately a human player would be in a similar fix in that there is no where else to get food. Either make the map (and the distance from the fixed gun to the edge of the player start island) larger or else code the deer to stay away from the fixed gun/center by a much larger amt(remember that the 'herd' function will cause them to run for several tiles, could kill a person's chances if the herd runs into gun range even if starting far enough away).

Second, economy is so slow in this game due to the lack of additional food sources, that a player has trouble mounting an effective force against the powerful gun.

Third, does a player in a 2 player game have a chance against an equal player who gained first control of the gun? That baby seems awfully powerful. Anyone trying this out in MP?
Chiron_de I just tried it and as Gandalf already said the gun is too powerful. It's almost impossible to win the game if you lose the "run to the gun".

Could you make a map without a gun, where you have to capture a trade post or something else?
IMO a little bigger map and more food would be nice but are no must haves.

Thx for your work!
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.5