Download File Post Review Post Comment

Warrior Defence IV

Author File Description
gunner1
File Details
Game Version: AoE3+TWC+TAD
# of Players: 1-4 human, 1 comp
Warrior Defence

For more levels, economic focus and more. find Warrior defence V here. (It also includes some nice WD trivia)

buy units of your choice to defend against over 30 different waves of enemys. to play in single player read the readme, which is copied in this thread.

this is warrior defence IV as I and II have allready been released online and this is the latest version.

README

===============
Warrior Defence
===============

---------------------------------
I. installation instrucions
II. info
III. how to play
IV. help
---------------------------------

installation

basic

copy the whole folder 'Warrior Defence IV v3.age3Yscn' to
(directory):\documents and settings\my documents\age of empires III\scenario

or your default directory

begginer

unzip the file you downloaded
right click the file 'Warrior Defence IV v3.age3Yscn'
click cut
click start
click 'my documents'
click the folder 'my games'
click the folder 'age of empires III'
click the folder 'scenario'
right click in the empty space
select 'paste'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

info
____

this sceanrio was created by sandstorm/gunner1 but is based upon the popular age of empires 2 scenario of the same name.
in it your goal is to keep units from crossing the back line, using bought troops to defend. athough this scenario is
multiplayer it is possible to play in single player if you boot all the comp players. currently the scenario ends after
level 6, i may add more levels in future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to play

at the start instructions are shown in cinematic, further instructions for the host can be enabled by moving your flag
bearer to the alcoved tile, at the top of the shop. if you need even more help read the objectives. i will now go over
some basic instrucions.

moving your flag bearer to a tile with only a unnit on will buy that unit. its price is its name.
tiles with falg bearers on are upgrade tiles these are signalled in two ways.

if the tile has units on.
the name of the flag bearer will be something like this '15 combat'
15 = the percantage increase
combat = unit attack and hp

this will effect the unit on the tile with the flag bearer

the second are flag bearer only tiles, these will be something like this; '15 all infantry combat'
15 = the percantage increase
combat = unit attack and hp
all infantry = it effects all infantry.

single player mode
------------------

on the right hand side on the map there are tents. to play single player look for 3 tents together, named player 2-4
delete these tents to play in single player mode.

loss
----

you will notice in the top right corner a unit named sandstorm. each time a unit passes the backline sandstorm loses
1 hp, if he dies you lose

dificulty
---------

between the shop and the spawn point you should spot a drummer and other drummers with names like 'easy' & 'hard' move
your drummer to the one you want to change the dificulty. this can only be done before the first wave comes.

help
____

Q. the enemys don't come.
A. there are tents that the host can delete, or any player if the host has resigned, that help for movement problems
just look at the name of the drummer near to find out what they do, or enable host instructions.

Q. it lags
A. turn down your settings or there is a tent that may reduce help to reduce lag when deleted.

Q. how do you get gold
A. kills, the rate on medium is 85 per 5 kills

Q. what order are the waves in
A.
before level 5

melee inf
melee cav
ranged light inf
ranged cav
boss

level 5 and after

melee inf
melee cav
ranged light inf
ranged cav
ranged heavy inf
boss

hints

in this game it is important that you first have unist in front that counter the wave coming towards you, so move the
unit that counters the wave to the front. even moe important is makesure you have a unit that counters the wave

included in this file is also a pic of me defending in some of the later levels. formation is the most important factor.
pick one that directly makes sure you can get all your fire power in, while protecting your troops and letting no enemys
pass. keeping units on stand ground is a must

when you face bosses, hit and run, if you can't then make weaker units face up against it and get killed as they have one
shot kills, so the cheaper the unit the better.

moving units further back to defend means you will face less enemys, but get less gold. so if yo don't think you can stand
a wave then move back for it and get gold on the next.

by sandstorm [ESO] /gunner1 [HG]

report bugs in the thread at heaven games

note to those who look at this map in the editor; you may notice there are additional melee troops available to buy. these were disabled but they can be re-enabled, [though they are unbalanced and untested], by making sure all triggers in the 'shop' group are active. then disabling the trigger 'start deleter'. if you do this please do not play it online!

PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THIS MAP WITHOUT MY PERSMISSION
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Trubby Check for some spelling errors. You want the scenario to be totally professional right? Also you should make the easy mode easier because I'm not a hard core gamer but I know my counters and my only real hope of getting to the secomd stage (highest for me so far) is using castles and outposts to attract their attention. Units die too quickly against these massive waves. Also there is a slight disadvatage to player 1 and 4 beacause their units must to walk further to get on their track. Otherwise great work, I'm totally addicted.

[Edited on 01/27/08 @ 06:33 PM]

gunner1
File Author
Thank you, it is very hard on the first 3 stages. after that though it gets easier. you need to make sure you have units in a good formation, preferably a line and have the unit that counters up front. try getting suregeons as well.

once u are upto a point when you aern't losing any more troops, start to buy upgrades.

Glad you liked it.

EDIT: where are the spelling errors?

[Edited on 01/28/08 @ 11:14 AM]

Trubby EDIT
When the waves begin it says
'wave x has has begun'
And in the opening cinemtic
'Each player has *thier* own track so only defend your own'

I tried doing what you said and I got further than usual but still the building strat has made me go further. There is no inexpensive and worthwhile counter to LI that LI can't counter itself. Infact I use Puma spearman because they work pretty well.
I had a look at the triggers and there is not much of a difference between the levels maybe the clan should widen the gap

[Edited on 01/29/08 @ 12:30 AM]

gunner1
File Author
on the speelings is that the spelling in the game, or the corrected speeling by you? also what did you mean by the clan should widen the gap?
Trubby Those are the spelling errors that I noticed in the scenario. And I mean that you should award the player a bigger difference of gold. I'm sure I would find the very hard level very hard but there is not much difference between very hard and hard or normal and hard. Plus easy is definitely not easy. I haven't beaten the third stage yet (although I have got close).

So maybe award 55 gold for very hard 75 gold for hard 95 gold for normal and 115 gold for easy (per five troops).

The other alternative is to increase the starting amount. Maybe even for each level. for example at the moment you could get about ten skirmishers ten janisaries and a surgeon. All of my skirmishes die in the first wave but my jans survive quite well however the coyote runner wave always kill my jans and puma spearman. I have realised that I should use my jans as a meatwall at the start instead of putting my skirms up front but If someone is playing the scanrio for the first time and there at my standard maybe evn higher they would only last a few waves.

But if you change the scenario you should probably increase the cost of buildings because they do not die as easily as units and have a better worth because you don't have to keep replenishing them. Instead you slowly build up your defences.

I aknowldge though the amount of effort put into this scenario and balancing a scenario like this really is quite difficult. Of course I'm still playing and loving it.

By the way. Whay is there a random castle, balloon and tommy truck at the side with a bridge. Sorry for the long post.

EDIT
Maybe you should heal the crossbowmen a bit after every stage. Heres an example of the difficulty for every five Qiang Pikeman you kill you get 95 gold in easy mode and you buy them for 50, and Qiang pikeman are easy to kill what about Cossacks and other stronger units

[Edited on 01/30/08 @ 03:46 AM]

gunner1
File Author
on the spelling those speelings seem correct to me, can you explain more whats wrong?

anyway i agree there are balance issues, i think the problem is that the game is to hard at the start and to easy as it goes on. i think an easy solution for this would be increasing the starting gold by 200 and giving him a surgeon. then maybe decrease the gold rate by say 5 per 5 kills (85 at current).

the castle and other stuff thier are just my stuff, the maps multiplayer and built for a purpose, so there is little room for eye-candy, so i added that as the eye candy. on the idea of healing the x-bow, i think a better idea would be that players could heal him themselfs by buying 1 hp for 500-1000 coin.

by the way, i like long posts and i am very thankful you took the time ot comment, and suggest improvements. i will probably include some of these if i ever make another version.
Trubby before every wave it says
'wave x has has begun'
note the repitition of has
in the opening tutorial it spells their as thier
Check previous post
gunner1
File Author
oh yeh, sorry i can hardly ever spot double words, also i can hardly ever spot the way ie and go round, thats again.
magicsock I before E, except after C =)

how do you get it to work online by the way, says its not a multiplayer scenario
gunner1
File Author
I knw the I before E rule, but i find its wrong, eg: weight.

Anyway tohost a scenario online.

Go on to ESO
Game browser Tab
Click 'host game'
Under game type (supremacy, deathmatch, scenario] pick 'scenario'
choose you maps file name from the list
double click it
Click host game
~
Play your scenario with others.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment