Download File Post Review Post Comment

Warrior Defence IV

Author File Description
gunner1
File Details
Game Version: AoE3+TWC+TAD
# of Players: 1-4 human, 1 comp
Warrior Defence

For more levels, economic focus and more. find Warrior defence V here. (It also includes some nice WD trivia)

buy units of your choice to defend against over 30 different waves of enemys. to play in single player read the readme, which is copied in this thread.

this is warrior defence IV as I and II have allready been released online and this is the latest version.

README

===============
Warrior Defence
===============

---------------------------------
I. installation instrucions
II. info
III. how to play
IV. help
---------------------------------

installation

basic

copy the whole folder 'Warrior Defence IV v3.age3Yscn' to
(directory):\documents and settings\my documents\age of empires III\scenario

or your default directory

begginer

unzip the file you downloaded
right click the file 'Warrior Defence IV v3.age3Yscn'
click cut
click start
click 'my documents'
click the folder 'my games'
click the folder 'age of empires III'
click the folder 'scenario'
right click in the empty space
select 'paste'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

info
____

this sceanrio was created by sandstorm/gunner1 but is based upon the popular age of empires 2 scenario of the same name.
in it your goal is to keep units from crossing the back line, using bought troops to defend. athough this scenario is
multiplayer it is possible to play in single player if you boot all the comp players. currently the scenario ends after
level 6, i may add more levels in future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to play

at the start instructions are shown in cinematic, further instructions for the host can be enabled by moving your flag
bearer to the alcoved tile, at the top of the shop. if you need even more help read the objectives. i will now go over
some basic instrucions.

moving your flag bearer to a tile with only a unnit on will buy that unit. its price is its name.
tiles with falg bearers on are upgrade tiles these are signalled in two ways.

if the tile has units on.
the name of the flag bearer will be something like this '15 combat'
15 = the percantage increase
combat = unit attack and hp

this will effect the unit on the tile with the flag bearer

the second are flag bearer only tiles, these will be something like this; '15 all infantry combat'
15 = the percantage increase
combat = unit attack and hp
all infantry = it effects all infantry.

single player mode
------------------

on the right hand side on the map there are tents. to play single player look for 3 tents together, named player 2-4
delete these tents to play in single player mode.

loss
----

you will notice in the top right corner a unit named sandstorm. each time a unit passes the backline sandstorm loses
1 hp, if he dies you lose

dificulty
---------

between the shop and the spawn point you should spot a drummer and other drummers with names like 'easy' & 'hard' move
your drummer to the one you want to change the dificulty. this can only be done before the first wave comes.

help
____

Q. the enemys don't come.
A. there are tents that the host can delete, or any player if the host has resigned, that help for movement problems
just look at the name of the drummer near to find out what they do, or enable host instructions.

Q. it lags
A. turn down your settings or there is a tent that may reduce help to reduce lag when deleted.

Q. how do you get gold
A. kills, the rate on medium is 85 per 5 kills

Q. what order are the waves in
A.
before level 5

melee inf
melee cav
ranged light inf
ranged cav
boss

level 5 and after

melee inf
melee cav
ranged light inf
ranged cav
ranged heavy inf
boss

hints

in this game it is important that you first have unist in front that counter the wave coming towards you, so move the
unit that counters the wave to the front. even moe important is makesure you have a unit that counters the wave

included in this file is also a pic of me defending in some of the later levels. formation is the most important factor.
pick one that directly makes sure you can get all your fire power in, while protecting your troops and letting no enemys
pass. keeping units on stand ground is a must

when you face bosses, hit and run, if you can't then make weaker units face up against it and get killed as they have one
shot kills, so the cheaper the unit the better.

moving units further back to defend means you will face less enemys, but get less gold. so if yo don't think you can stand
a wave then move back for it and get gold on the next.

by sandstorm [ESO] /gunner1 [HG]

report bugs in the thread at heaven games

note to those who look at this map in the editor; you may notice there are additional melee troops available to buy. these were disabled but they can be re-enabled, [though they are unbalanced and untested], by making sure all triggers in the 'shop' group are active. then disabling the trigger 'start deleter'. if you do this please do not play it online!

PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THIS MAP WITHOUT MY PERSMISSION
Pages: « First « 1 [2]
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
KevTheGreat
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 4
The game was real playable, however this game laggs alot, the most laggeist game i have ever played

Balance: 5
The civs are balanced, you control a row and defend it, basic

Creativity: 3
The creativity is pretty low, many games have this same concept

Map Design: 5
Map looks good, rows are equal and squares, edct.

Story/Instructions: 3
You should include a story and your instructions doesn't really cover how to play, you should include more instructions and maybe a shorter cinematic

Additional Comments:
Over all good
gunner1
File Author
Its a fair review, but I have played many times and its never lagged. You have fair points there, I think the cinematic explains pretty much everything, It also has the option to skip.

Other than that a good review, I would also give it a 4. there could be some more creative stuff in it.

[Edited on 04/04/08 @ 09:47 AM]

Trubby Im back...

One thing i noticed is that when playing by yourself and i suspect with any amount of people less than four you can't skip the cinematic. It is incredibly annoying especially because i love it so much and have to play it all the time
gunner1
File Author
If you play alone, start it in single player, and save after the cinematic, that way you can play when you like.
Pages: « First « 1 [2]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0