Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Multiplayer Scenarios » “Annihilation” 2V2/FFA (Supremacy)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

“Annihilation” 2V2/FFA (Supremacy)

Author File Description
MosheLevi
File Details
Game Version: AoE3+TWC+TAD
# of Players: 4

This is a 2V2 Supremacy Multiplayer Scenario (FFA is available too) for 4 players (human or computer) with a new twist.

This scenario offers many interesting new strategies with unique game play similar to “Strategic Objectives”.

This is because there are several military buildings around the map that can be captured and re-captured by any one of the players.

This scenario supports random teams, any combination of team setup as well as FFA setup.
You can also play this scenario with a friend against the computer.

This scenario is for TAD+TWC (so you need to have them both).

Screen Shots

________Map Overview______________Center of the Map________

Please note that in this scenario the Taj Mahal at the center was replaced with a Fort.

Map Design

Map design by Mahoke and myself.
Mahoke did most of this beautiful map design per my design layout.
He did incredible job laying the map foundations very accurately.
Mahoke also designed the center of the map.
I later on added the outer rings after the map center and foundations were in place.

The rest of the work (triggers and cinematic) were done by me.

Game Play

In the center of the arena there is a Fort that can be captured and re-captured by any one of the players.
The Fort gives the player who currently controls it 1200 resources per minute and the ability to train units from it.
You also advance to the next age when you capture the center.

There are two outer rings around the center of the map with 8 neutral military buildings guarded by guardians.
These buildings can be captured and re-captured by any one of the players.
Capturing and holding any one of these buildings give players 600 additional resources per minute.
Buildings can be captured by 5 military units after all enemy units around the building are killed.

Players start in colonial and they advance to the next age every time they capture a new military building.
When players loose a military building they go back to the previous age.

These buildings consist of Saloons, Artillery Foundries, Castle, Noble Hut, Caravan, and a Corral.
Captured buildings allow players to train additional unique units.
Players can even train units that are not usually available for their civ when they capture these buildings.
For example, the Artillery Foundry allows all players to train a wide variety of cannons.
Native and Asian units are also available to all civs from some of these buildings.

Each player has a base with one Barracks (30K HP), 3 Outposts (10K HP), Market (5K HP) and a Field Hospital.
Players also start with 3 spies and 3 priests.

Each base is surrounded with hills and walls (10K HP).
Players receive 800 resources per minute from each outpost as long as the outpost is standing.
That is your first major income as there are no villagers in this scenario.

Military units training time is 3 times faster and unit upgrade is twice faster.
Population limit is 220 for all civs and all 14 civs have 120 level Home City with 25 card deck where all cards are military unit cards.

The “Objectives” within the scenario explain everything pretty clearly.

It is not allowed to delete captured buildings in this scenario.
Players who delete any of these buildings will be penalized.

Playing the Game

Logon to ESO, go to “Browse Games” and Host the game.
Select game type “Scenario” and then choose the “Annihilation Supremacy 2V2...” file name from the list of scenarios.

You can play this scenario with all 14 civs.
All civs have 120 home city level with 25 card deck.

EDIT

Please note that I removed the Daimyo and Shogun cards for Japan.

Installation Instructions

Copy the scenarios to "My Documents/My Game/Age of Empires 3/Scenario" folder.

Other “Annihilation” Scenarios

“Annihilation” KOTH (FFA)

Special thanks

First I want to thank Mahoke who worked with me on this scenario for his beautiful map design.
As I said earlier, I could never have done it so well.

I would also like to thank Reyk for his map Editor that I used to make the cinematic and screen shots.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Mobile1551
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5

The playability of this scenario is fantastic, its easy to follow and its basically a game of map and fort control. All skill levels are able to compete in this scenario as well, and the directions are very clear and easy to follow.

Balance: 4

The balance is very good as well, no civ is incredibly under or over powered because the main armies come from the buildings captures. That being said, some of the buidlings on the map that can be captured produce better units than some of the other ones, which is why this was the only point I took off.

Creativity: 5

This map, along with all of MosheLevi's maps is very creative and very organized. The idea of having to gain control of various buildings in order to maintain and strengthen your army is very unique. The fact that you can train units out of the buildings you capture was also a creative addition. Also, the Fort in the middle was a good idea to make sure that players still try to get map control.

Map Design: 5

The Map Design was amazing as well. Many different types of buildings all around the map. It is very organized and detailed and each building is guarded by a number of troops. The walkways are the perfect size and the map looks very nice overall.

Story/Instructions: 5

The Instructions were explained extremely well at the beginning of the game, and I really liked the camera angles which highlighted all the different parts of the map and made it much easier to figure out how to play. When i played this scenario for the first time, I knew exactly what to do. This may not seem that important, but good instructions make it possible for every game to very competitive and close. Those who have never played before should be able to hold their own against those who have played the map.

Additional Comments:

Good Job, Moshe: This is one of your best scenario maps in my opinion, so versatile and unique :P .
MosheLevi
Staff
Official Reviewer
File Author
Thank you Mobile1551 for your favorable review.
I would also like to mention that Mahoke is the one who made most of the map design based on my sketch.

[Edited on 06/07/08 @ 06:34 AM]

Chester1
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance3.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
The game is very easy to play. With little effort i was able to pick up what was going on and succeed in it. There are no glitches that i could find and it all seems to flow nicely. The only i wasnt too sure about was whether or not it was intended that when a building is converted all the unit another player bought would go to the next player for free. But even if it wasnt, it does add some more strategy and it works well with tone of the game.

Balance: 3
I think some civs have an advantage, for instance civ with cav type units like coyotes or steppe have an advantage early on, whereas the other civs wont get that advantage. Another issue is of upgrades. the map for some reasons allow upgrades that make no snese based on civ selection and if you pick a civ, lets say chinese, who can upgrade almost all of their units (hand mortars in particular) it can be a real advantage to them.

Creativity: 5
No other map like it out there, it has wide variety of play options and feels great. It can be seen clearly that a lot of work was put into this game with all the converts etc.

Map Design: 4
It is a nicely designed map. Its even, parallel and has few errors if there were any at all they were minor. It lacked design however in my view. it is too plain and could be improved making for nice eye candy. Also i believe colors could be a factor for a redesign.

Story/Instructions: 5
What can i say here besides the intro was very clear and told exactly what needed to be done.

Additional Comments:
Was a very fun game and should be played by everyone who enjoys a good CSO. Well done as always.
MosheLevi
Staff
Official Reviewer
File Author

Thank you for your favorable review Chester1,

Achieving balance in Annihilation is tough and I appreciate all the help I can get with that.
I have spent great deal of time balancing the civs the best I could.

Which civs do you think have the advantage and why?

Do you think the Chinese are still OP?
Chinese is the only civ that can train cavalry from their “barracks”.
However, they have been nerfed in two areas:
1) they cannot upgrade all their units in their War Academy.
This wasn’t by design. It just happened as a result of activating new units for other buildings.
2) Chinese are the only ones with 220 pop cap, but in annihilation all civs have population cap of 220.
This in my opinion is a big nerf to the Chinese since it is very easy to get to 220 pop cap in Annihilation.

So my question to you is:
Are these two nerfs enough to offset china’s advantage or should I nerf them even more?

Any other OP civs I should know about?

One think that I believe helps to offset certain advantages that some civs may have is the ability to train additional units from various buildings and even upgrade some of them.
For example: Hussar, Mahut, and Hand Mortar can both be trained for most civs and they can be upgraded too.
Mercenary units are available to all civs via the Saloon and the same is true for siege units from the Artillery foundry.

In any case, since you are the balance expert, please let me know in which area the game is still unbalanced, and how that can be adjusted.

Thank you again for your review.
Chester1 for the moment i see chinese and aztecs being the far more superior civs in this game. simply because of their cav. when a civ can make cav, its becomes very risky to make infantry. but what else can they make? lol nothing. i mean there are anti cav in the game, but in later stages of the game you can only upgrade pikeman so far. and it reaches a point to where cav > pikeman. granted there are halbs, but with good micro that wont stop you, throw in some macehaultin, or ckn (both wonderful inf killers) and you have a hard civ to beat.

not to mention hand mortors. if you can simply take out the techs for them, you may have a more balanced civ although not entirely.. i truely think mortors should be taken out of this game all together. but in my view, you should lower banner army costs for the armies that have steppe rider, and then lower their HP by 25 and you can achieve a better balance.

Then just take out coyote from the game. I spammed this unit the entire game and won (lmao)
this unit doesnt fit well in this game when able to make them from a barracks. im not sure if it is possible but allowing them to be made in a building else where would be fine as long the aztec couldnt make them from his base.

the next thing that should be done is difficult to do, and requires a lot of work. somehow you need to organize upgrades for the buildings that can be captured, and adjust them per civ. this will take a lot of work however and im not sure if its worth the .2 to your rating :P

what i can come up with now is to allow ALL upgrades in each building to each civ.that way you can give the same possibilities to each civ. that would do it imo.

[Edited on 06/11/08 @ 07:25 PM]

MosheLevi
Staff
Official Reviewer
File Author

I see what you are saying.

I don’t want to remove mortars from the game because I want players to be able to attack their opponent’s base from behind the base.
Without mortars this strategy won’t be available to players.

Adjusting the upgrades in the various buildings according to the units that each civ has make sense.
However that requires a lot of work.

I tried to allow upgrades for all the units in each building but there was not enough space for all of them.
That is why I chose to keep just a few upgrades.

I will look into the coyote units.

By the way, I want to improve the game balance not for the score but in order to improve the playability for these scenarios.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Danny84PwnzAll This looks really fun, but I don't have the expansions so i can't play. Can you please make a scenario like this for vanilla?
Chester1 that would involve remaking the game entriely... thus not worth it.

sorry, but i know i would never remake a map completely for this, idk about moshe but it seems way to complicated.

get the Xpacks, they are worth the cash
MosheLevi
Staff
Official Reviewer
File Author

Yes, I would have to make it all over again and that is just too much work.

I worked months on this map and it has more than 1000 triggers and 8000 effects.
Takk
(id: Luke_Feanor)
Official Reviewer
Just want to say awesome reviewing there Mobile and Chester, that's how it should be done. Kudos!
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.3