Browse Categories
New Files

Modpacks » Extended Infantry v1.4

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Extended Infantry v1.4

Author File Description
Alyoshenka EXTENDED INFANTRY V1.4 BY ALYOSHENKA

FEATURES

Extended Infantry is a little mod for Age of Empires III that adds the drummer and the flag bearer to the barracks of occidental civilizations in singleplayer. They are mainly "eyes candies" and do not change the gameplay, nevertheless, they bring an immersive and efficient way of organizing the player's army in companies.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/Alyoshenka/newhats1.jpg
The new cocked hats !

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/Alyoshenka/extendedinfantry3.jpg
The french army, in line, assaulting the british fort.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/Alyoshenka/extendedinfantry2.jpg
A british company, in column, going to the fort in reinforcements.

NEWS

24th January 2006 : Release of version 1.4
24th January 2006 : Added the drummer and flag bearer to the Ottomans after several demands
1st January 2006 : Release of version 1.3
1st January 2006 : Added the drummer and the flag-bearer to Act 2 and 3 of the campain
1st January 2006 : Added new cocked hats to veteran musketeers instead of their ugly bob hats
31th December 2006 : Added drummer icon and portrait
30th December 2005 : Official release of version 1.0

INSTALLATION

1- BACK UP YOUR PROTO.XML and TECHTREE.XML FILES IN YOUR \DATA FOLDER.

2- Extract the \data and \art folders in your Age of Empires III folder.

3- Have fun.

DESINSTALLATION

1- Delete your proto.xml and techtree.xml files in your \data folder and retrieve your backed up files.
2- Delete your \art\units folder

HOW TO MAKE A FORMATION

1- To make up a formation, you need to build barracks and then produce a sufficient number of RANGED infantry units.
...I'd advice between 24 and 48 musketeers or skirmishers. Then, just produce one flag bearer and one drummer.

2- Select the whole company and move it, they will automatically organize themselves.
...The flag bearer and the drummer will lead the march. On short distances, they will walk in line, so as to be more efficient in a possible battle. While, on long distances, they will walk in column. In both cases, the flag bearer and the drummer will lead the march.

3- I also strongly advice that you group your companies with ctrl+1, 2, 3, etc.
...If you don't and your troups mix up, you'll waste time reorganizing them yourself.

FAQ

1- Why did you make this mod ?

While playing with the editor, I spotted this drummer and this flag bearer, and after a few testing, I wondered why those poor little things were let away by Ensemble Sudios since they were working pretty well.

2- Do the flag bearer and the drummer can make a formation with non-infantry units ?

Yes, basically, they can make a formation with any RANGED unit, infantry, dragoons, canons, etc., but using them with cavalry or artillery sounds quite pointless to me.

3- Why are they both limited to 15 ?

I put this cap for realism reasons, and I still think it's still very high. You can't even do more than 10 groups. But well, if you still want to have 150 drummers to put a whole stadium in rhythm, just remove the line in the proto.xml file, in the 'drummer' or/and 'FlagBearerDefault' parts :
<BuildLimit>15</BuildLimit>

4- I want to see my nation's flag in the hand of the bearer instead of plain colour.

This is one of my first priorities, I'm working on it currently, but I believe I'll need a .gr2 editor to be able to make it. You may have them in a future version then.

If you have any question, mail me at : alyoshenka@hotmail.fr

CREDITS

I'd like to thank "Kastor" aka "Alexander Flegler" for his AoEIII demo mod 'Extended Edition v.1.0' which helped me to make this mod.

I'd like to thank Ensemble Studios anyway, even if they hid our little march leaders.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Alyoshenka
File Author
Here is a screenshot.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/Alyoshenka/extendedinfantry3.jpg

[Edited on 12/31/05 @ 07:13 AM]

Botolf I have an idea for changing the flag. It might be possible to use the flags found on various buildings (TC, Fort, etc.) as replacements for the blank banner.

P.S. Does this mod cause OOS errors?
Alyoshenka
File Author
Well, I did think about it, I tried a bit, without insisting, thinking that I had to be friggin' lucky to have them fitting the bearer, but I'll try on, since I'm not alone to have had the idea.

PS : If you try playing in ES with this mod, you'll have an incompatible CRC, but I think this will work in LAN, if every player have the mod installed.

However, you don't need to uninstall everything to play in multiplayer, yjust retrieve your backed up proto.xml and techtree.xml original files. The new files (those that you put in "new" folders) can stay in place.

[Edited on 01/02/06 @ 03:30 PM]

adige_lad could you also make another mod including ottoman army band, every turkish player is complaining of this, if you do it, all of us will be plesed
edilberto Hi I can turn this your mod for the Italian community of AOE, specifying that you are the author? pls
Alyoshenka
File Author
adige_lad :

I'll make a update with the ottoman warbands included in then.

edilberto :

Alright, can you send me the link of the file by mail, so I can see what people think of it ?
Alyoshenka
File Author
The 1.4 version will be more deep than just including the drummer and flag bearer to the otooman army. I'm going to change the hats to put Janissary ones and also change the icons. My goal is too create a completly new unit for the ottomans, so that you may play in formation, while being historically accurate as Ottomans.
Alyoshenka
File Author
Well, the game doesn't seem to let me create new units, therefore I can't make special drummers and flag bearers for Ottomans. Anyway, they're now added, have fun.

Oh, and post a review, it would be nice.
edilberto Alyoshenka Italian community is www.ageofempires3.it hardly been born, is my address edilpag@libero.it , will we be all happy to have your mod, do you want that the mod is taken from here, from HeavenAOE3 or from the Italian community '?

[Edited on 01/24/06 @ 05:38 PM]

Alyoshenka
File Author
Well, feel free to translate the readme file in italian, while keeping my name as author, and post it on the website you wish.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.0
Creativity4.0