Author File Description
Random22
File Details
Game Version: TAD
# of Players: 3
These are my maps.

Capture The Flag!!

Capture The Flag...Obiovus

INFO: 3 Players have access to a big shop. Prices range from 2500£ to 50£. There is upgrades, artillery, infentry, etc. When a flag spawns you must send your units out to capture the flag, When 15 seconds have gone by you win one food. you need 30 food to win.

Thank you!!
AuthorReviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
ivanelterrible
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance2.0
Creativity2.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions2.0
Playability: 2

So many bugs...

1. The credits take too long to finish...

2. The timer is too short, and its too easy to win a battle for the flag, make the timer at least of 1 minute, as minimum...

3. All your units return to your base, thats freaking annoying and stupid, mostly because your units are stuck and cant return to the flag area, and the timer still starts a few secs later... Making em return its just useless and annoying...

4. The gold appears too fast that you dont get all the units you want to...

5. NO WAY TO WIN! It doesn't says how you win or what to do with food

I would give a you a 1.5 here... but I decided to give you a 2...

Balance: 2

The balance its quite bad...
The gold appears so freaking fast, so that they only way to win its spamming the most powerful unit, and you win rounds...
Also, the units arent cost effective, I mean, ERK 150 coin, howdah 600, cassador 200, falconet 2000...
And also no uniqueness...

Creativity: 2

An arena in which you fight for the middle, the most used idea...
Just that you made it even worse...

Map Design: 3

Too many bugs...
This is a map that was never been tested online before... And that also needs so many fixes...
However it go triggers and cinematics, and the overall design isnt that bad. Thats why I gave you a 3 here...

Story/Instructions: 2

No story, either instructions...
Just stupid credits that take a long time to end...
But I still gave you a 2, because its not that hard to figure out what to do...
Specially because of the whole name of the map...

Additional Comments:

The worst scenario with triggers I ever played, you should tested it at scenario editor before putting it at this site...

[Edited on 06/10/08 @ 12:18 AM]

Mobile
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance2.0
Creativity2.0
Map Design2.0
Story/Instructions2.0
Sorry, Random: This map has a lot of faults and bugs that need to be fixed before it can become a playable scenario.

The number one concern i have here is the fact that units spawn back to players bases when they go to the center to "capture the flag." Also, when the timer runs out, the player doesn't win.

This game is also terribly unbalanced as players can buy basically as many banks as they want and gold will build EXPONENTIALLY, and after about 10 banks your gold pile will increase no matter what you buy. Also, speed upgrades get abused as you see cannons or cav with 200 speed....

Due to all the flaws, i bump the creativity down to a 2. Also, the whole point of the game is to capture the flag to win; but when you capture it, you don't win. Therefore, the whole point of the game is compromised. There have been many scenarios like this one where you get a flag bearer, get resources and make units, which is another reason i did not give this a higher rating.

Map Design: 2

The map design was pretty standard, 4 bases and a flag area in the middle. Nothing really stood out for this category to get more than a 2.

Story/Instructions: 2

The instructions were decent, but the bugs really need to be fixed for this map to be considered in this contest.

Additional Comments:
It is a nice idea, just need to make some balance changes and make sure people don't get so much gold. Put a cap limit on banks, don't allow speed upgrades for such a cheap cost and limit speed, attack, hp upgrades. Also, make more units elegible to buy and also fix the problem of units spawning back to base. The timer must also be lengthened and fixed. Hope this helped :P/
Chester1
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.0
Balance4.0
Creativity1.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions1.0
This map is not playable at all. There is no way of winning. I kept getting food and had nothing to do with it, I kept thinking that maybe if I get enough Food, ill win, but no. It kept going and going and going... on top of that, by 7 min I had 60k gold and army of 100+ jat lancers. After a certain amount of time this game had just become a spam-fest and was boring.

Balance: 3
everyone can make the same units and do the same things... but when it becomes spam fest it doesnt matter if theres balance.

Creativity: 1
make units, get coin, get better units, fight for the middle, snore-fest.

Map Design: 4
the map looked good, most of the map was parallel, although the flag was in a box that wasnt even, and generally the flag was closer to player1, it doesnt really matter because there will be 200 units of each player fighting for it. despite this, it did look good for the most part. this was probably the best part of the game, even though my flag bearer DID get stuck at one point.

Story/Instructions: 1
there were no instructions or story.

Additional Comments:
the gold was produced WAY too fast... after a few minutes it was spam fest, and there were no ways to win this game... it gave no instructions as to what to do, but it not like it mattered because it was the same rules as every other map, except with other maps it was worth playing to achieve the preset goal.

[Edited on 06/17/08 @ 10:58 AM]

Xamolxis
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance4.0
Creativity2.0
Map Design2.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 3
Simple but easy. Teleporting units back to base will give every player a chance to capture the flag, but this will also slowing down the game. In fact is nothing to fight, because all you need to do i placing 2 or more units in the middle ...

Balance: 4
I found this map as a good balanced map, because every player has the same chances and opportunities.

Well this is an ordinary idea, but i truly expect more from you random22

Good proportions. Battle arena not too big, but quite simple ...

Story/Instructions: 3
Nothing said about gaining food to win.

Additional Comments:
Good triggers, and funny i didn't find any bug. All work just fine.
Normally speaking i did expected more from you random 22. Your map making potential is bigger then this "poor appearance" scenario. Looking forward to your next maps ...

[Edited on 06/24/08 @ 12:27 AM]

MrMario
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance2.0
Creativity2.0
Map Design2.0
Story/Instructions1.0
Was too easy to play, and was no challenge for anyone that played this game, didn’t really seem to me that you did get the full advanced of the scenario that you wanted. Needed to have a pop limit on to how much you can have in 10 minutes, or 10 minutes. Plus need to get limit on coin, food.

Balance what was ok, since every unit was the same. And every player is the same.

It was not original was too easy to make up. There’s just too many Capture the Flag games out there right now. I was expecting to see better from you.

Okay map, to small of an area to fight with, needs to be bigger so that you can get a big army and fight and have the rest of the players to fit in the area to fight.

It was to simple, Didn’t even need to say a word about what was happening, I just knew from the start get the flag, get a big army, get coin, and food.

Additional Comments:

Need to make sure that people will have a max. Unit level and coin max. Other than that keep going and don’t give up.
FenrisWulf
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance2.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions1.0
Playability: 3
The map was playable for the most part. It was your standered king of the hill style scenario. There were a few problems that I didn't like, though. For one, units had to walk back to their base after they capture the flag. Although this would be fine, the rule really isn't enforced. After they start walking off you can just task them to go back on and retake the flag. This just gets annoying. It would be a neat addition if you forced the units to go back, but the current system just foces you to make them walk back. I also found a few bugs, for example when I buy something the shop, I would also be purchasing the one next to it.

The game was terribly unbalanced. Althought the players each had an equal chance at winning, the shop wasn't fairly priced. For one, I could buy some miners and banks at the start of the game and quickly have a huge supply of gold, and buying anyhing wouldn't matter. The speed upgrade was severly underpriced. I left my flagbearer buying speed upgrades for a minute or two during the game, and by the time I was done, I could hit and run with falconets! Something needs to be done about this. I also found some other items were pointless to buy. Why should I get a fort when it does nothing?

Creativity: 3
A standered map for this type. The shop was okay, but was bugged and unbalanced. The concept was nice though, and added some uniqueness to an idea I've seen several times before.

Map Design: 3
The map was nice, but nothing special. It looked symetrical, but there wasn't anything stunning on it or amazing.

There was no story or instructions. I'm not sure if I need to say anymore. The concept of buying guys was obvious, but I didn't know how to capture the flag from other people (it still seems like the 1st person to get the flag keeps it untill they get their food). I also had no idea what food did.

Additional Comments:
An alright game, but has a few issuses, namely the balance and instructions, need to be fixed.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.2
Balance2.7
Creativity2.0